What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

reppin2c

Veteran
How big is big? Like how many pounds a year you east coasters consider a respectable year?

I can tell ya I don't look at each plant every day lol.

MedR-you probably just made someone's head explode by saying soil test :peacock: that is seriously the closest thing i could find to a mind blown smiley haha

Last edited:

~star~crash~

no one on the east coast can touch what you guys do outdoors in Cali ...we just do not have the consistent outdoor climate (nor the length of season) to pull off the kind of crops you do with reliability ...

~star~crash~

it doesn't mean we don't try though ...sometimes the growers succeed well w/their harvest

just yesterday i saw with my own eyes units vac packed from Cali & it was far from impressive ...it was what we would call "work" & that's all it was

Ledbetter

Again..Ive heard this before and it just dont jive. Especially outdoor. You guys seem to think that after a certain size of operation the quality goes down? "Quality scales with quantity".... I don't get that one at all. A skilled greenthumb with 20 plants outside or indoors of fire genetics will have a better quality than another skilled grower that puts same genetics in a bigger indoor setup or outdoor plot? You lost me. Lets just say..Especailly talking on a forum...that quality is seriously subjective. And relative for that matter. But I dont get when you all say quality suffers when you go bigger. Whats the cut off point? Lol. When that grower gets so big they cant personally tend to each and every plant for daily upkeep? Skilled Help? Whats the measuring stick here?? Lol. I know what your implying..ive heard it before..but iam not accepting it. No way. I need some kind of guage for the quality suffers when you grow quantity argument. Its bowshit until then.

The tldl answer: Organics are not commercially feasible. I use worm castings for a specific cut. The worms must eat a specific watermelon. The watermelon is seasonal.

If I was faced with growing that cut on a mass scale: I'd have to feed rinds instead of fruit. Quality would suffer. On a bigger scale, I'd have to buy mystery castings. Could not afford the melons, could not dedicate the time or space to the worms.

When faced with these dilemmas of increased productivity, most people "fall in" and standardize to the bastard chem model, since those are the brightest banners being waved in your face. Look whos coaching today's
grows. Private individuals pitted against corporate chemical suppliers. Until the specialized dirt dudes and the specialized plant dudes both realize what they are doing, until financial backing accepts your hippy business model of whale shit and recycled goose farts,until everyone growing weed in your state kicks Monsanto to the curb and works together with seperated duties and unified goals, quality will not be produced on a large scale.

Cattle are being fed expired gummybears and deformed skittles. Gavita is owned by Bayer. The legal weed industry and quality will not coincide until the compost industry forces itself on weed farmers like a Hollywood producer on a 12 year old caucasian boy.

All these big ops are dispo first, grow 2nd, and they think it stops right there. Somone else can fertilizer my plants to death for me, I'll just pay them for the jugs. No one wants an expert opinion telling them how poison the shit they grow is. Just how to grow more of it, cuz " I dont know but somones buyin the crap" is acceptable understanding of modern economics when it comes to the get-rich mentality behind the greenrush, which all Cali growers are a part of whether they like it or not.

It's the stupidest fucking dilemma on earth. Crop production.. Going backwards to fill pockets and kill the earth in the process. Perpetual sickness. Flushing your shit down the toilet and buying liquid nutes. Only a celebrity obsessed television possessed, brainwashed society considers worthless fake food with no nutrition a 'step forward' just because there's more of it, by appearance.

East coast b.s.

East coast b.s.

Now that’s some east coast bullshit if I’ve ever heard any. Worms needing a specific melon for food. Feeding rinds! Worm castings for a certain cut! Have you had the castings tested so you even know what you are adding or are you just like “my shit is the dankest bro, they get special worm castings” Tom hill soil.

The tldl answer: Organics are not commercially feasible. I use worm castings for a specific cut. The worms must eat a specific watermelon. The watermelon is seasonal.

If I was faced with growing that cut on a mass scale: I'd have to feed rinds instead of fruit. Quality would suffer. On a bigger scale, I'd have to buy mystery castings. Could not afford the melons, could not dedicate the time or space to the worms.

When faced with these dilemmas of increased productivity, most people "fall in" and standardize to the bastard chem model, since those are the brightest banners being waved in your face. Look whos coaching today's
grows. Private individuals pitted against corporate chemical suppliers. Until the specialized dirt dudes and the specialized plant dudes both realize what they are doing, until financial backing accepts your hippy business model of whale shit and recycled goose farts,until everyone growing weed in your state kicks Monsanto to the curb and works together with seperated duties and unified goals, quality will not be produced on a large scale.

Cattle are being fed expired gummybears and deformed skittles. Gavita is owned by Bayer. The legal weed industry and quality will not coincide until the compost industry forces itself on weed farmers like a Hollywood producer on a 12 year old caucasian boy.

All these big ops are dispo first, grow 2nd, and they think it stops right there. Somone else can fertilizer my plants to death for me, I'll just pay them for the jugs. No one wants an expert opinion telling them how poison the shit they grow is. Just how to grow more of it, cuz " I dont know but somones buyin the crap" is acceptable understanding of modern economics when it comes to the get-rich mentality behind the greenrush, which all Cali growers are a part of whether they like it or not.

It's the stupidest fucking dilemma on earth. Crop production.. Going backwards to fill pockets and kill the earth in the process. Perpetual sickness. Flushing your shit down the toilet and buying liquid nutes. Only a celebrity obsessed television possessed, brainwashed society considers worthless fake food with no nutrition a 'step forward' just because there's more of it, by appearance.

I trust the water melon poster was being facetious.
prices to me at dispensaries have dropped 25-50% to keep things moving. something I find interesting is that when I look at the board the prices to the consumers haven't dropped. oh well.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
my worms only eat organic persimmons and mango which increases the Myrcene content
of the weed grown with them if you're a gullible fool...

picture.php

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Well my yearly report from the wholesale black market...

2017 was the crash of all crashes...

in June and July I was still getting 14-1500 for my best greenhouse OGs, Zkittlez, Cookies and other hype strains. Blue dream was still 12 for the box, offbrand greenbud or midgrade was 1000 minimum, the only stuff at 800 was old gear or moldy boof.

This winter prices have crashed to the lowest levels i have ever seen, both in source states AND in illegal states. Now in 2017, a California blue dream box is worth 800 a pop if youre lucky. Almost every northern California region has good quality outdoor for as low as 600 and up to 1000. Most big time brokers are paying 8-900 for big orders of quality OGs, etc. Blue Dream and off brands are down at 7-800. Popcorn, midsy quality, and bad trim or slight PM is in the 500-600 range. Last years outdoors are as cheap as 3-400 and are basically the new brickpack. There is still ALOT of old 2016 and 2017 summer crops left that are clogging up the pipeline. I have bought many high quality outdoor packs off my neighbors and homies desperate for trim money for as low as 6-800 for stuff that I would charge 1k personally for. and have =)

For my nicest greenhouse and exotic sungrown strains such as Grape Pie x Thin Mint from cannarado, seedjunky gear, various cookie hybrids, forbidden fruit, and purple punch were able to fetch 12-1400 from my trimmers who sniped the best strains for themselves to send home. My bulk orders are at 1k flat for BD and other bulk strains, but my BD always comes out pretty good, is hand trimmed, stinky, mold free, and good turkey bag appeal. I pretty much took 1k on everything just to clear house and move on. I can still move good light dep cookies, sherbert, gelato at 1-1200 locally but the demand just isn't that strong for anything over 1k. Personally, I had to take 800 for my first time EVER on some of my lesser appealing units. Bland seed phenos with no gas, stuff that was larfy, stuff that was too dense, basically anything that looked like old school outdoor (basic green bud, minimal nose, obvious outdoor look) was 800. I have found that running "hype" breeder gear helps sell it better, my buyers can put my herb on weedmaps as "Cannarado's Grape Pie" and it moves quicker than stuff without breeder branding. Anything purple tinted, cookie, or gassy can fetch 12 with the hype name attached to it.

AND then theres Oregon. They overproduced in their rec market by 1million LBs this year. Most Oregon farmers are getting 3-500 on the OLCC rec market. The med market crashed too and Oregon boof is ending up in east coast cities in bulk for 1-1200 which is totally fucking the market up. I have messages from desperate Oregon farmers begging cali brokers to drive up and pay 800 for their best of best. But no one wants to make that drive when norcal has the same tickets.Out of state wholesalers are now catching fire units for 15-2k a pop. If they aren't getting deps from CA shipped in at 16, they are catching boof commercial indoor from WA or CO at the same price.

A ton of my friends also pre-sold their outdoor to extractors for sauce this year. A frozen LB of deleafed nugs (usually 2200grams) were being bought by extractors for 1-1500 depending on strain. No trim bill, but then most of them had to wait months to get their money or product back. But sauce definitely was a good move since it still wholesales for 30-50 a gram in CA.

FOR INDOOR
Indoor crashed as well, in July I sold all my indoor Glue, Purple punch for 2k on the dot, whole room sale. The market for indoor in CA was already hurting from the summer dep wave, so 18-22 was pretty standard for OG and Glue, 24-25 for dosidos, gelato, etc. But now this winter, indoor OG. glue and cookies in bulk orders as low as 14-1600 for good quality in the 20-50 pack range. Guys are just so desperate to unload big orders to people with cash, ive been seeing ALOT of indoor growers from small 8 light guys to 100 light guys taking 15-16 on their indoors and being happy. I know that Oakland Asian warehouse growers are selling their PGR boosted cookies and kush for 12-14 and it looks pretty good, just cancerous lol.

The exotic market is still there, but rare. Certain California farmers with goodbrands (alien labs, jungle boys, ICmags very own lump status) are rumored to still be getting 3-3600 IN CALIFORNIA for their product, all destined for shelf. Some friends of mine were able to get 2-24 for their indoor to the guys putting bud into tuna cans for dispensaries for strains like mendo breath, purple punch, cherry pie (ex-elite strains now commonly available)

It all comes down to branding now, and licensing to get high prices in CA. Now in order to get the high ticket 3k for indoor in CA, you need a strong IG brand, rare genetics, and a license to operate in your locality to get the state permit to allow sales to dispensaries. Pretty much EVERYONE else is forced back to the black market to sell their gear if you don't have licensing. This means that the broker is all more important than ever, and its complicated by the fact that the feds have been actively taking out shippers and east coast brokers with sessions in charge. I have heard of countless shipments gone missing, raids, robberies, break ins, and all sorts of crime this year from all over Norcal, people are desperate as fuck and a backyard garden barely pays the bills these days. Gone are the luxury purchases, off season vacations, etc. Personally this year as soon as my crops were done I bought another 500 clones and I'm already vegging for an early spring replant in the greenhouses, no time for slacking.

Very depressing market overall, hopefully the nation can consume all this midgrade boof quick and then our spring deps will come back to 12-1500 but one can dream.

gotnoname

In Canada right now 1300 for aaa indoor wholesale og and bubba ( we don’t have hyped up strains )
1200 for blue dream and it’s doesn’t even move that fast it will get worst in July when they legalize....

Davesnothere420

I live in Florida 6 months ago i could of sold a bag of dog shit for 2k now im hoping to get 15 for good not the greatest but GOOD weed. N it moves slow like i have to force feed people to take it.

rolandomota

Veteran
Lol wait till next year.....go big or go home. I wonder how low the price will go at the end of 2023 after the infinite farm models take hold

Maybe these massive cancerous wharehouse growers will start to cave due to overhead and we can get back to what reefer is really about, passion....

deepwaterdude

Maybe these massive cancerous wharehouse growers will start to cave due to overhead and we can get back to what reefer is really about, passion....

I wish, but my eyes don't lie driving through Southern Colorado and watching greenhouses surrounded by barbed wire fences going up like mushrooms right next to the highway. Like nanners, if you can see a few, there are many more, exponentially so.
Passion's alive in my grow room, but no bucks in the picture.

Rondon

Everything I posted on 3 different forums for the last 2 years about the future of the industry is playing exactly like I said it would and people told me I was nuts. Refusal to accept inevitable situations is typical grower reaction. And how I said the "craft grown" model and idea was delusional at best. Only so many ways you can differentiate your product from the rest of the pack. Big ops are taking over. Were all going to not be growing for profit (if you are now) very much longer. Its a gradual thing though. Every year prices fall. People struggle with the whole dealy and more and more growers just giving it up. And its going to continue on this trajectory. Big ag will take over. The entire countrys weed consumption can be grown on around 10,000 acres. The average conventional ag crop farm is 1,000. So around 10 nice sized farms can supply damn near all of it. Your super quality can be grown and processed in a handful of state of the art greenhouses.facilities. Indoor (under ANY artificial light) will be too costly to produce. Becoming that way now. The hobby hydroponics indoor equipment industry will take a massive hit. Your seeing the tail end of peak growth in that sector now. Many industry insiders see the writing on the wall and are cashing out. The entire model and idea of a basement packed with grow lights is irrelevant. A dead or dying paradigm. The forum know it alls are not the average joe pot head. Most just want decent bud as cheap as possible. And once big Ag steps in...game over.

Latest posts

Latest posts