What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

9-13 instate. Slow going at 13. The only people buying at 13 are working only in Cali and can only work with top quality. Other than that, it’s just brokers taking advantage of the desperate, shipping the worst stuff east, just like ever year, only a little worse every year. Sorry suckers back east. Start with the cheapest, 10, 11, 12... You get what you pay for. Dank, loud, and organic vs. eagle 20,Avid and early harvest.

The Hmongs harvested everything before Oct 2 because they were scared of a little frost after getting devastated by frost last year.

CaptainDankness

How hard would it be to fly out to cali and meet someone. Im sure people get robbed but should that be a major concern or are most people just good business people?

Not too hard but I wouldn't be walking around with thousands of dollars because you can get robbed in all 50 states. Damn sure make sure they have the product.

But it's a little iffy you have people who post ads for cars on Craigslist just to rob you because you will show up with cash most of the time.

Always best to be armed but California probably has the worst gun laws in the nation certainly don't stop the cartels and gangs though.

mowood3479

Veteran
Pretty much what i want to know is if im setting myself up for failure or is it do able?

Doable yes,
Is there risk, yes. Plenty of dudes (and cops) in California willing to rob a guy of his stack. Especially someone who is unknown to their circle.

Risk vs reward.
Is it worth it to you.. and what’s the worst case scenario... all things to be cognizant of.

theJointedOne

Veteran
9-13 instate. Slow going at 13. The only people buying at 13 are working only in Cali and can only work with top quality. Other than that, it’s just brokers taking advantage of the desperate, shipping the worst stuff east, just like ever year, only a little worse every year. Sorry suckers back east. Start with the cheapest, 10, 11, 12... You get what you pay for. Dank, loud, and organic vs. eagle 20,Avid and early harvest.

The Hmongs harvested everything before Oct 2 because they were scared of a little frost after getting devastated by frost last year.

I've not heard of anyone getting 13, and only 12 I saw was stuff headed out of state for a much higher ticket. Margins were worth it.

There is a++ indoor coming out of Oregon for 15, and still super high grade norcal deps for 14

Davesnothere420

They have another forum an they have a bbq every year. the ppl have accounts with forums dating back to 2009 even with pics of him. Even has the same name with pics on here although he stopped using this site. Is that to good to be true. It looks legit but looks can be deceiving.

Rondon

The Boutique Grower has been finished up there for years (Norcal). So many have emigrated already.
Better be ethical, when ya go somewhere else. People are onto the loose ethics of Californians in the Cannabis Trade.
An
THIS^^^^. Been saying this for awhile now. I used to live in Hopland and then Garberville. For years. Got wise and moved back to Michigan. You Californians think your an island and you supply the world with dope. So damn funny. Newsflash...the rest of America caught onto yer little hype market years ago. Cmon. I see some of you are gonna ride this thing until there is not a dime to be made. Join the crowd. And its not California by itself. Wow.

Bwanabud

An
THIS^^^^. Been saying this for awhile now. I used to live in Hopland and then Garberville. For years. Got wise and moved back to Michigan. You Californians think your an island and you supply the world with dope. So damn funny. Newsflash...the rest of America caught onto yer little hype market years ago. Cmon. I see some of you are gonna ride this thing until there is not a dime to be made. Join the crowd. And its not California by itself. Wow.

I grow in the East, been calling mine "Cali" for years :biggrin:,,,which means I've been helping their rep, because everything from Cali I ever smoked SUCKED.

We don't need the Western funk weed here, sell it to your neighbors in Cali...we're doing just fine here.

HHILL

Prices are over the place. I'm still getting 1600 for my hand trimmed organic top shelf from the Z dispensary... but I'll take 1200 from the broker. The Broker gets super dense nicely trimmer for 900-1k, super Stoney but not much nose to it. I'm in a much different terror and I get terpines galore, proper cure, and homegrown backyard trim level (not shaved).

I'll be investing in a rosin press if the prices go much lower for me. I only produce a small amount, not even micro garden, rather nano garden. Less quantity, better quality.

At the current cheap ass prices, I hate the fact that I'd make more money working at Target that working in my garden, the fact that cigarettes are less expensive than cannabis (wholesale to retail). It's a labor of love really at this point if you're not hooked into the new culture. Myself included in the not hooked up...

But squish some flowers, Rosin is popular, better that BHO for sure, and turn loses into profits.

The freedom to hang out with big plant growers and talk about growing and soil science every day is what make the Emerald Triangle great for growing. Do you even know what your Albretch ratios are? Do you use bottled nutes or do you know enough to read a soil test and come up with an amendment recipe? BTW Bwanabud thanks for nothing for reppin your east coast shit using our brand. That’s why cali bud gets a bad name. That, and the shit bud gets exported. We are smoking in Hog Heaven out here. Pfft... East coast pride?!

Still getting 20-22 here for tops if it's tested, all the cali weed here sucks balls smells good but smokes like a turd good luck exporting when the rest of the country can supply itself now. I'd say Maine supplies most of the top half of the east coast now. No market in state but everyone has a 24-30 light grow and better outdoor game than most.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Still getting 20-22 here for tops if it's tested, all the cali weed here sucks balls smells good but smokes like a turd good luck exporting when the rest of the country can supply itself now.

please tell me how the bible belt and many other red states are doing this?

Also maine outdoor aint shit compared to norcal , be honest with yourself...we have THE perfect climate for outdoor cannabis here

Also maine outdoor aint shit compared to norcal , be honest with yourself...we have THE perfect climate for outdoor cannabis here

Not in the Bible Belt here just been growing fire in the same place since 2005. There are some serious grower breeders here in Maine. I don't kid myself about the outdoor statements, cali may have the perfect climate but, Maine has the best water, cleanest air and some bad muh fuckas turning out fire in the woods. Yeah you got some fire out there too but non of it lands here it's straight up black lung nugs. I'd put my outdoor against most indoor. I have had some amazing stuff on trips out west but I wouldn't say it was better or worse, once your at the top you can't get much higher.

Last edited:
Most of the stuff I've seen from cali the past few years is straight booty. The Maine stuff I've seen is decent to good. Outdoor always seems to be a hit or miss. While you guys or whoever prob have great outdoor the mass majority of outdoor shipped here to mass is in my eyes not eve smokable. But people gobble it up because it's cheap.

~star~crash~

all the lower grade stuff gets shipped out and weakens the prices for the local guys wherever it ends up ...make the game tougher to play there's so much competition with growers you'll never even know who they are...lol

wax is getting shipped across the coast also at ridiculous cheap prices ...its sad...what is BHO wax $ per pound on the west coast?? I'm talking about top quality flowers material run and properly vac purged... ?????

Rondon

I dont know of anyone getting Cali imported weed here in Michigan. Indoor or outdoor. We got PLENTY of our own. Outdoors was silly this year. Croptober. And the indoor keeps chugging along. Tons of bud of all quality here in the Mitten. All kinds of strains. Whatever you want. At all prices.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Folks

How long till the countries sth of the border start making concentrates in bulk from seed bank genetics a la Morocco ?

The sky will certainly fall then , chicken little .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

cryptop

I dont know of anyone getting Cali imported weed here in Michigan. Indoor or outdoor. We got PLENTY of our own. Outdoors was silly this year. Croptober. And the indoor keeps chugging along. Tons of bud of all quality here in the Mitten. All kinds of strains. Whatever you want. At all prices.

How do you see the prices changing with the new medical system going into place?

CaptainDankness

Perfect climate. Lol, people grow great bud outdoors in east coast Canada the only thing we can't do is longer flowering plants outdoors since frost comes by October there are a few tricks to get through a light frost depending on the size of the plants.

Hate to break it to you but we can grow just as good quality up here outdoors and all I've been to California and had friends move back here from California doing just as good as California for a lot more money.

P.S. Kentucky is in the Bible belt and has been on the same level as California for ever. Though I wouldn't say better than the North Strawberry Cough came from VT.

Latest posts

Latest posts