What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

CaptainDankness

The freedom to hang out with big plant growers and talk about growing and soil science every day is what make the Emerald Triangle great for growing. Do you even know what your Albretch ratios are? Do you use bottled nutes or do you know enough to read a soil test and come up with an amendment recipe? BTW Bwanabud thanks for nothing for reppin your east coast shit using our brand. That’s why cali bud gets a bad name. That, and the shit bud gets exported. We are smoking in Hog Heaven out here. Pfft... East coast pride?!

Thanks to this lovely invention called the internet, the entire world has access to the same knowledge as the Emerald Triangle. :tiphat:

Kushron

Fellow michigander

Fellow michigander

I dont know of anyone getting Cali imported weed here in Michigan. Indoor or outdoor. We got PLENTY of our own. Outdoors was silly this year. Croptober. And the indoor keeps chugging along. Tons of bud of all quality here in the Mitten. All kinds of strains. Whatever you want. At all prices.

Preach!

reppin2c

Veteran
Not as much greed, pop culture pot investors and seclusion.

I was thinking it's the brokers fault. These fucks are just beating people up year after year so if you gotta pay bills you take it. Next time the grower takes the easy route. There is still alot of good growers and product in CA.

Watching the hundred dollar ounce trash sweep rec shops here in CO and people eat it up. Its just like walmart honest the consumer is an idiot 9/10.

Edit also CA is the largest economy in the WORLD so from a evonomic perspective you'd think other states would have to export to CA. So maybe every other state isn't crushing near as hard as we might think we are

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

If everywhere else is on the same level as CA why isn't your trash getting exported to CA?

I honestly have not seen weed from CA in years everyone I hang out with buys from me or someone else who grows weed. Nothing comes from CA in my area, years back a few people did get caught with weed being shipped over from CA now it's almost unheard of but I don't live in the city.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Everyone here that used to get shipment from cali has either found a local hookup or quit calling it cali. Most of the outdoor here sucks. A few people pull it off and every year a few new people pull off some good greenhouse herb. Indoors I think cali and colorado have way more large grows but quality seems similar to here. Some grade A, a decent amount of grade C and a shit ton of garbage.

'Boogieman'

Most of the stuff I've seen from cali the past few years is straight booty. The Maine stuff I've seen is decent to good. Outdoor always seems to be a hit or miss. While you guys or whoever prob have great outdoor the mass majority of outdoor shipped here to mass is in my eyes not eve smokable. But people gobble it up because it's cheap.

I agree. Im in Indiana and Cali weed comes in the mail all over. The smoke used to be fire but the last few years its gotten worse and we have so many growing here nobody want that crappy cali weed coming in the mail. I think too many people in cali grow and not all know what they are doing.

Rondon

If everywhere else is on the same level as CA why isn't your trash getting exported to CA?

If every one (or a hell of alot).is growing now a days...in many states...not much is getting "exported" anywhere. Wouldnt you say? Cali doesnt have the lock on fire anymore. That jig has been up for awhile now. The only product over produced states like Cali or maybe Colorado is shipping to is the hold out non med bum fukt egypt states I would assume.

Rondon

I swear you West Coasters truly live in a bubble. No doubt about it. It's kinda funny in a sad way. Your not the end all be all with cannabis anymore. Hell..at one time way back Kentucky had you guys beat with outdoor production.

Rondon

I was thinking it's the brokers fault. These fucks are just beating people up year after year so if you gotta pay bills you take it. Next time the grower takes the easy route. There is still alot of good growers and product in CA.

Watching the hundred dollar ounce trash sweep rec shops here in CO and people eat it up. Its just like walmart honest the consumer is an idiot 9/10.

Edit also CA is the largest economy in the WORLD so from a evonomic perspective you'd think other states would have to export to CA. So maybe every other state isn't crushing near as hard as we might think we are

Cali is not the largest economy in the world either. Smh.

oldhaole

Veteran
Things to Think About.....aka gas on the fire.

Things to Think About.....aka gas on the fire.

Oh Well.....

Following this thread sure has been entertaining. It seems Cali's dominance in all things good weed is being challenged. Sure, they may be the biggest..... but are they the best?

The upstarts from Maine and Michigan, both seem to think they are the best.....but here's the thing I don't understand. In these places indoor sells at a premium to outdoor. Is there any place where this dynamic does not hold true?

Aloha boys and girls, welcome to Hawaii. You do realize we are a thousand miles further South than any of you? If the playing field were level, we'd be eating your lunch.

A unit of Maui Outdoor will set you back 2400. All day long. One or twenty. Something grown indoors? Either grown here, or grown there.... not more than 1600. And exporting to Cali? Meh. Been doing it for decades.

One thousand miles further South than any of you can ever hope to be. Think about that. You mainlanders can all scrap over Second place. But until your outdoor can command more than your indoor.....

Second is all you will ever be.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Honestly if the smoke is great I think indoor and outdoor are just labels. Here in michigan it is so humid alot of strains get pm and mold. Not sure about maine. With a proper enviroment and quality genetics indoor has the same potential anywhere. So its more about where the good growers set up shop. Abother thing. In michigan up until a few years ago many people were smoking just plain crap brick weed. So anyone new to growing assumes they have the best when it frequently suck. Its all perspective. Most people I know that travel to denver are let down by the quality. I know they had great weed 10 years ago. Did the good growers leave, start growing crap or more likely are just overshadowed by so many mass producers and ametuers.

Rondon

Oh Well.....

Following this thread sure has been entertaining. It seems Cali's dominance in all things good weed is being challenged. Sure, they may be the biggest..... but are they the best?

The upstarts from Maine and Michigan, both seem to think they are the best.....but here's the thing I don't understand. In these places indoor sells at a premium to outdoor. Is there any place where this dynamic does not hold true?

Aloha boys and girls, welcome to Hawaii. You do realize we are a thousand miles further South than any of you? If the playing field were level, we'd be eating your lunch.

A unit of Maui Outdoor will set you back 2400. All day long. One or twenty. Something grown indoors? Either grown here, or grown there.... not more than 1600. And exporting to Cali? Meh. Been doing it for decades.

One thousand miles further South than any of you can ever hope to be. Think about that. You mainlanders can all scrap over Second place. But until your outdoor can command more than your indoor.....

Second is all you will ever be.

I would imagine Hawaii has ideal conditions for prime time outdoor...perfect...everything. Bet your volcanic soil is quAlity as well as the climate. Just think..an entire dialed in grow room..in your back yard. Never thought about Hawaii. But yes. It would seem out of all the states Hawaii is it for outdoor cannabis cultivation. I bet sativas thrive there. Some high quality long season Thai cultivars and the like. Oh yeah. Near impossible to grow the jungle types here in Michigan outdoors. Have to hybridize them. Affie/indica stuff is perfect though. Afghani Indica types have been grown outside in Michigan every since I can remember. Shop rats (automotive workers) that had hunting/vacation property and cabins up northern Michigan way have been growing with huge success Afghan/Kush stuff since the late 1970's. Probably even before that if the truth be known.

geneva_sativa

Veteran
Not trying to stir the pot at all,

but mid 80's Hudson Valley outdoor skunk was definitely some of the strongest herb have ever seen.

Great pot can be grown in a lot of places. . .

Isn't that the beauty of it ?

To get to sample a regions bounty and pride. . . loved that about all the older imports.

Latest posts

Latest posts