What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
sheeeit....just had some workers show up from humbo....i swear to you they claimed the same thing...decently stored, green chunky last year buds for 200/#. nothing special, but they showed me pictures and it is worth almost 8x. big buds, very duffy looking but would make you some duckets. dont make no sense

I'm talking Cali beaster quality but that's what I heard was $200 for big packages.
also stuff going cheap bucked but untrimmed this year for blasting, solvent makers buying up crops wet and dry unprocessed by the growers.

there's a permitted 20 ton closed loop extraction facility opening that's going to eat up a shitload of low quality and moldy buds and then it's gonna start gobbling up whatever else is out there to fill the edible and concentrate market.

it's been pretty quiet in this thread the past few years but I have suspected that the prices have got so low for average quality that nobody wants to admit them anymore.

this is the tail end of the Cali green rush and the story sounds like so many people went huge this year that there will be more weed than the black market can handle and the processors will get it cheap.

some folks will take $200 apparently if they have an acre or more of it to vend.
have you seen this thread? 1 acre 1000 plants? what if 1000 ballers and all their friends pulled this off this year?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=346567

attachment.php

attachment.php

I took 1k per on an 8 pack of my outdoor yesterday. Picked up at the house. Trimmers are fixin to get a pay cut unfortunatly. My guy said this seems to be the going price in the foothills right now.

Heard from a friend who told me he's seen deps in Grass Valley as low as 1200 and indoor at 1500 selling locally. He also said outs in Garberville going for 800 all day long. Can't verify quality but that's the word on the street.

JVonChron

ya thats about what i'm hearin...shooting for a g a piece on the OD. refuse to take less than 12 on the deps cuz pullin tarp every day for 2 months for any less than that is fuct in my book. this is shit that several veteran heads say looks like indoor....

JVonChron

totally agree.just seems to be a "standard" to judge against.some of the best i ever have had has been outs.the sun puts enough energy onto the earth in 1 hour to power the world economy for a year. no 1000w bulb gonna match that....the sun is capable of bringing out more in the plant in my opinion.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
it is amazing how much more you can get for a bag of buds that has an unusually loud nose piece, is a pleasure to taste & smoke, is completely uncompressed for impressive volume/bag appeal and of course totally organic no chems and properly underfed

add to that bud structure effects resin/plant tissue ratio, sure you can pull oil from tissue but it isn't the same as heads and at the end of it all these differences have to be notable to the consumer and they are so in the end it makes enough of a difference

does it mean there isn't godly outdoor? no of course not but I think it is not realistic to think the high bar is going to be met when the industry is already experiencing law of declining returns and lowering it to meet growing demand

also the "top of the crop" doesn't seem to leave a small circle of people no matter who we are talking about and what hits the wider markets tends to be more mediocre so how much of the best outdoor is being pushed out at 1200 a pack

we haven't brought in the topic of cultivar value

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
it is amazing how much more you can get for a bag of buds that has an unusually loud nose piece, is a pleasure to taste & smoke, is completely uncompressed for impressive volume/bag appeal and of course totally organic no chems and properly underfed

add to that bud structure effects resin/plant tissue ratio, sure you can pull oil from tissue but it isn't the same as heads and at the end of it all these differences have to be notable to the consumer and they are so in the end it makes enough of a difference

does it mean there isn't godly outdoor? no of course not but I think it is realistic to think the high bar is going to be met when the industry is already experiencing law of declining returns and lowering it to meet growing demand

also the "top of the crop" doesn't seem to leave a small circle of people no matter who we are talking about and what hits the wider markets tends to be more mediocre so how much of the best outdoor is being pushed out at 1200 a pack

we haven't brought in the topic of cultivar value

View Image
View Image
View Image

I think the best outdoor is not called outdoor just so they can charge more. Much like when people called high quality beasters "humbloldt" .

Quality is quality, marketing is marketing, he with the most sets the price for crap, he with best has no problem making his money.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
totally agree.just seems to be a "standard" to judge against.some of the best i ever have had has been outs.the sun puts enough energy onto the earth in 1 hour to power the world economy for a year. no 1000w bulb gonna match that....the sun is capable of bringing out more in the plant in my opinion.

G `day JV

I think indoor is the standard because ;
If its done properly it has no bugs , no powdery mildew , no botritis and no dirt coating the flowers . MMJ ?

Can`t always say that about outdoors . Mother nature decides .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

JVonChron

for sure elmer, there is all of the above(dirt,bugs,powdery,birdshit,etc...) on a very high percentage of outdoors. If you're going big enough, it is about a guarantee that one of the plants, somewhere in the garden has got a spot of powder/mold/mites etc... that will go unspotted. fighting mites outside is also tough. you can spray them and kill every mite on the plant, and if its windy, more can blow right on there the next day and your fuct unless youre spraying that gnarly shit. i noticed lota birds in the garden this season, they were hunting the caterpillars. they definitly just shit wherever, found some bird turds on leafs and pots. we were concentrating so hard for mites that we didnt get to spray the bt to get them cats

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day JV

But ,,, sun terps . lol .
I had some kind of tiny black fly coat a cpl of my plants after a storm . Only good for making bubble now ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As prices continue to fall I could see it all being outdoor or greenhouse within a few years. I was given some buds by a guy who was gifted some. In the seven years I have been growing I always gave this guy my buds I did not want, never did he give me anything as he does not grow.

I could see it getting much cheaper.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I think indoor is the standard because ;
If its done properly it has no bugs , no powdery mildew , no botritis and no dirt coating the flowers . MMJ ?

Can`t always say that about outdoors . Mother nature decides .
most crops that people consume are grown out doors. it is the standard.

cryptop

As prices continue to fall I could see it all being outdoor or greenhouse within a few years. I was given some buds by a guy who was gifted some. In the seven years I have been growing I always gave this guy my buds I did not want, never did he give me anything as he does not grow.

I could see it getting much cheaper.

Traditional AG is the future. They may not be the flashiest, but this is why a good amount of the most successful cultivators in CO, OR, CA, etc, are from the midwest.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
most crops that people consume are grown out doors. it is the standard.

G `day Schrews

Long time .
Yes ,,, food crops are grown out doors . They are not classed as medicine are they ? Does the out door grown herb get irradiated like food crops ?
q29-1.png

I did write MMJ ? in my post .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

bamboogardner

California To Tax Pot As Much As 45%
(Article by Aaron Smith, 10-31-2017)

Buying legal marijuana in California could be pricey enough to keep the black market healthy. Between customers, retailers and growers, taxes on cannabis may reach as high as 45% in parts of the state, according to a Fitch Ratings report. Those high taxes may keep consumers away from legal marijuana stores once the recreational retail market goes live on January 1.
-
"High effective tax rates on California cannabis may complicate the state's efforts to establish legal markets" said analysts Stephen Walsh and Karen Ribble in a Fitch Ratings report on California's marijuana taxes.
-
California marijuana consumers are going to have to pay a combination of state and local taxes that vary by municipality. Growers and sellers have their own taxes, too.
-
Consumers will pay a sales tax ranging from 22.25% to 24.25%, which includes the state excise tax of 15%, and additional state and local sales taxes ranging from 7.25% to 9.25%. Local businesses will have to pay a tax ranging from 1% to 20% of gross receipts, or $1 to $50 per square foot of marijuana plants, according to the Fitch report.
-
In addition, farmers will be taxed $9.25 per ounce for flower, and $2.75 per ounce for leaves.
-
The Fitch report says this combination of state and local taxes for consumers, retailers and growers could keep portions of California's cannabis industry off the grid, where it has flourished for some time.

packerfan79

Veteran
California To Tax Pot As Much As 45%
(Article by Aaron Smith, 10-31-2017)

Buying legal marijuana in California could be pricey enough to keep the black market healthy. Between customers, retailers and growers, taxes on cannabis may reach as high as 45% in parts of the state, according to a Fitch Ratings report. Those high taxes may keep consumers away from legal marijuana stores once the recreational retail market goes live on January 1.
-
"High effective tax rates on California cannabis may complicate the state's efforts to establish legal markets" said analysts Stephen Walsh and Karen Ribble in a Fitch Ratings report on California's marijuana taxes.
-
California marijuana consumers are going to have to pay a combination of state and local taxes that vary by municipality. Growers and sellers have their own taxes, too.
-
Consumers will pay a sales tax ranging from 22.25% to 24.25%, which includes the state excise tax of 15%, and additional state and local sales taxes ranging from 7.25% to 9.25%. Local businesses will have to pay a tax ranging from 1% to 20% of gross receipts, or $1 to $50 per square foot of marijuana plants, according to the Fitch report.
-
In addition, farmers will be taxed $9.25 per ounce for flower, and $2.75 per ounce for leaves.
-
The Fitch report says this combination of state and local taxes for consumers, retailers and growers could keep portions of California's cannabis industry off the grid, where it has flourished for some time.

Well that's good news for the black market growers. Leave it to the greedy fucks in Sacramento to keep grabbing money, higher taxes regularly decrease total tax intakes.

Just had an offer from a different buyer for same price. $1k per. Your stoked at 1200. Even if you have to deliver that's a solid rate this year.

I cut my trimmers pay and renegotiated my cut to the runners.

Latest posts

Latest posts