What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Stinkhorn123

I don't see the point of growing it indoors once its legal. The huge amount of energy required to power lights and condition the air just seems such a waste. I realize I'm probably in the minority, at this time, but I'd much rather puff on quality sun grown outdoor than indoor any day.

eatingglue

I'm with you stink horn I prefer outdoor to indoor. I've been getting 12 for my better outdoor stuff and 1 for my lesser. I was told to only expect about 700 for it and that outdoor growers were getting rid of stuff for 400. It looks like the market where I'm at is getting filled with with dog turds that are bringing the price of quality stuff down. Last year it was 16 a unit for outdoor, now it's that for indoor. I live in a ag based area though.

CaptainDankness

I don't see the point of growing it indoors once its legal. The huge amount of energy required to power lights and condition the air just seems such a waste. I realize I'm probably in the minority, at this time, but I'd much rather puff on quality sun grown outdoor than indoor any day.

Yeah, indoor is going to almost completely die off, greenhouses and outdoor are going to consume the market as it should. Only reason indoor was a thing was prohibition as legalization comes it's going to be like Whiskey sure I could copy Wild Turkey pretty good if I wanted to but I can go to the liquor store and buy a half gallon for $35 that will last a while.

Of course some people do make homemade whiskey just very few people.

I too like proper outdoor better. IMO the sun provides opportunity for the plants to reach their full potential of cannabinoids and terpenes.

I’ve read that some counties won’t allow outdoor cultivation but they are still not sure about greenhouses.

Plus all the new CA regulations are sure to make more costs for growers and businesses which will certainly drive the price up for legal cannabis.

I guess all we can really do is wait until around the New Year and see.

CaptainDankness

G `day JV

I think indoor is the standard because ;
If its done properly it has no bugs , no powdery mildew , no botritis and no dirt coating the flowers . MMJ ?

Can`t always say that about outdoors . Mother nature decides .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Same can be done in greenhouses. But the best weed I've grown was outdoors the sunlight is far superior to any grow light.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I too like proper outdoor better. IMO the sun provides opportunity for the plants to reach their full potential of cannabinoids and terpenes.

G`day CC

How many times have you heard the phrase ; could have gone another couple of weeks ,,, but the weather was turning bad . ???

If anything potential is compromised by weather more often than reaching full potential .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
the hmongs? sounds sci-fi

G `day SC

Hmong / Mao folks from Sthn China originally .
Hill tribe peoples. CIA used them as a proxy army in Laos during the Vietnam war . Some of those folks were immigrated to the good ole .The golden Triangle is the hood for a lot of Hmong peoples .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

JVonChron

"The Hmong/Mong is an indigenous people in Asia"..."the Hmong immigrants achieved refugee status largely because of their war efforts on behalf of the Americans as well as their need to escape the communist regime in Laos."
alot of em relocated to california, they usually go pretty big. would figure they have to crush some crop if theyre letting em go for 500 a pop. pretty duffy shit but apparently its good enough to move

PDX Dopesmoker

The Hmong in on the US west coast are tremendous outdoors people, they do a lot of the wild mushroom collecting and the collection of many other wild crops. Their 500 buck stuff might be guerrilla. There could be a Hmong guerrilla landrace developing in the Sierras or Cascades and nobody would know about it but the Hmong, they're definitely good enough at keeping some of their mushroom patches secret to have some secret pot plant patches too.

eatingglue

I didn't want to be that n word guy, but this is what I have heard from others in the area. The Hmongs are offing units for 400 in my area they went really big this year cause the county banned all comercial cannabis activities in 2018 on in the area where they are growing. Others are too but it sounds like they have the largest grows in that area.

Aota1

Worked with them back in early 00s and would get shave trimmed ins for cheap. Straight businessman 50s in golf attire but they had goons and many variety of folk in the crew

Davesnothere420

How hard would it be to fly out to cali and meet someone. Im sure people get robbed but should that be a major concern or are most people just good business people?

redlaser

Veteran
I'm sure if a person wanted to widen their circle of friends that it would be possible anywhere they put forth the effort.

Humans are a roll of the dice as far as desirable traits go, in any group or industry it all comes down to the individual, formed from a chance encounter shaped by a random set of experiences.

Latest posts

Latest posts