What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Z

z-ro

Indoor growing is the most consistent product time and time again, as well as the most productive per square foot per year. Indoor growing isn't going anywhere.

ApolloAK

Indoor growing is the most consistent product time and time again, as well as the most productive per square foot per year. Indoor growing isn't going anywhere.

Bullshit. Washington has already been coming out with stats, average indoor grow yields 40grams a sq. ft, average outdoor is producing 47grams a sq. ft. Once more greenhouses come online for big companies indoor will become a thing of the past.

Z

z-ro

Bullshit. Washington has already been coming out with stats, average indoor grow yields 40grams a sq. ft, average outdoor is producing 47grams a sq. ft. Once more greenhouses come online for big companies indoor will become a thing of the past.

Maybe you need help,I said per sq ft per year. I have read the Washington studies which is all just guesstimates, but you can't harvest an outdoor five times a year, thus indoor more productive in the long run. Maybe you would know this if you spent more time growing with all three methods and less time running your mouth about shit you don't know.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i can't take it any more,
it's driving me nuts

PLEASE MODS CHANGE THE TITLE TO THIS THREAD
"there" should be "they are or "they're"

their.png

sorry for the grammar police.... i'm sure it's been said before... but i had to post it this morning.

:tiphat:

wholesale prices are 14-16 depending on how many packs. It is getting slim pickings. Heard intown big packs orders are offering up to 15. nobody I know has more than a month or so left for the season.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Yea stale outs easily 13-14 right now, and hearing lots of 18s for people's fresh light dep. Super dry in Norcal right now. The guys pulling dep are gonna make a killing so damn pissed I have three fucking Autodep GHs just sitting empty right now due to measure A...gotta be the most frustrating shit. Sure all the competition is happy about that...

sprinkl

Veteran
Maybe you need help,I said per sq ft per year. I have read the Washington studies which is all just guesstimates, but you can't harvest an outdoor five times a year, thus indoor more productive in the long run. Maybe you would know this if you spent more time growing with all three methods and less time running your mouth about shit you don't know.

Greenhouses with light dep and additional lights will replace indoor eventually I believe. Makes no sense not to use the sun to your advantage...

RetroGrow

Veteran
i can't take it any more,
it's driving me nuts

PLEASE MODS CHANGE THE TITLE TO THIS THREAD
"there" should be "they are or "they're"

View Image

sorry for the grammar police.... i'm sure it's been said before... but i had to post it this morning.

:tiphat:

Don' forget "to", "too" &"two".....:biggrin:
Shit drives me crazy too.
And while we're at it, "lose" & "loose" are two different words.
It isn't that difficult to write in third grade level English.
I know we're stoners, but seriously....

Bongstar420

LOL..thats why I'm plannin on being out/greenhouse producer..NOT

Maybe individuals should be doing it if its so productive and cheap instead of professionals.

There is a reason Oregon has almost 0 greenhouse Tomato production and there is a reason we do not export greenhouse flowers like Petunias.

Finally, you are ignoring hemp and disease pressure. Good luck

idiit

Veteran
Finally, you are ignoring hemp and disease pressure
^ two excellent points.

hemp: you're screwed. my area has no hemp. it's almost impossible to grow od where i'm at. any area that grows hemp will make that area unsuitable for sensi grows. however, tremendous cover for concentrate grows. :)

disease pressure: landrace based strains. hardiness is critical.

ApolloAK

LOL..thats why I'm plannin on being out/greenhouse producer..NOT

Maybe individuals should be doing it if its so productive and cheap instead of professionals.

There is a reason Oregon has almost 0 greenhouse Tomato production and there is a reason we do not export greenhouse flowers like Petunias.

Finally, you are ignoring hemp and disease pressure. Good luck

Lol I guess you have never heard of a filter. A high quality greenhouse has all the environmental controls an indoor grow has, without the big power bill.

Since when was this a tomato forum? Comparing cannabis to tomatoes is beyond retarded, if you need that explained to you then you should think of a different profession.

A greenhouse can't be run year round? Since when? Those were not "guesstimates" those were the STATS that the state collected. That's what you get with regulation. A quick google search would have informed you that, but I'm sure coming up with that insult was difficult enough for you.

oneofus

Today in the Modoc Record newspaper it was announced that the indians up here are about to open two grow facilities. One is about 4-5 acres completely indoors and belongs to one tribe.

The other one belongs to a different tribe and that one is in greenhouses that cover 10 acres. That one alone is almost 425,000 sq. ft. in size.

If what was said about grams/sq. ft. in Washington is correct...the one 10 acre facility alone could produce ~40,000 lbs per cycle.

This does not include the other "warehouse" grow by the other tribe in Modoc or the other indian op in socal or any others we do not yet know about because the indians are keeping this pretty close to the vest for the most part.

They seem to be ready to do what the Pomo's in Mendo were going to do. Wholesale it to all the dispos in Cali and maybe ship it to all the other dispos in all the other med legal states at rock-bottom prices. Maybe...$500/lb...? Who can compete at that price? Who will want to compete at those prices?

This is almost certainly going to be the end of vending to dispos in very short order, leaving only the black market.

Considering the outdoor grow bans almost statewide by almost every single county, this is going to reduce the supply to the black market.

Obviously this is going to cause a spike in prices which is good for those growers who have connections in the black market but for those who do not and vend to dispos...they are about to die on the vine.

And if the current legislation in the cali legislature passes and is signed into law, no one will be able to do anything except on the black market.

And as state-wide legalization continues to progress across the country, the black market is going to slowly disappear leaving those remaining to be relegated to being the outlaw moonshiners of weed and the market for moonshine is not that big when you can go buy Blatz beer @ $1.79 a 6-pack. At that point it would seem that the only hope for even the black market would be in "dry" counties. Just like the moonshiners.

Someone give me a good arguement that this is not the end of weed and our livelihoods as we have known it for decades.

R

rbt

commerical uperations

commerical uperations

oneofus;69488 Someone give me a good arguement that this is not the end of weed and our livelihoods as we have known it for decades.[/QUOTE said:
Really for those who didn't see this coming welcome to the world of legalization. And now some are going to play the victim because of legalization. When these opertions get going they wiil have so much cash flow a single person can survive. Crawl in bed with a snake that bite for possession meaning the last 80 of making illegal.So now the snake bites it's bed fellows hilariously stupid. If you didn't see this coming the rock is holding your place under it

Today in the Modoc Record newspaper it was announced that the indians up here are about to open two grow facilities. One is about 4-5 acres completely indoors and belongs to one tribe.

The other one belongs to a different tribe and that one is in greenhouses that cover 10 acres. That one alone is almost 425,000 sq. ft. in size.

If what was said about grams/sq. ft. in Washington is correct...the one 10 acre facility alone could produce ~40,000 lbs per cycle.

This does not include the other "warehouse" grow by the other tribe in Modoc or the other indian op in socal or any others we do not yet know about because the indians are keeping this pretty close to the vest for the most part.

They seem to be ready to do what the Pomo's in Mendo were going to do. Wholesale it to all the dispos in Cali and maybe ship it to all the other dispos in all the other med legal states at rock-bottom prices. Maybe...$500/lb...? Who can compete at that price? Who will want to compete at those prices?

This is almost certainly going to be the end of vending to dispos in very short order, leaving only the black market.

Considering the outdoor grow bans almost statewide by almost every single county, this is going to reduce the supply to the black market.

Obviously this is going to cause a spike in prices which is good for those growers who have connections in the black market but for those who do not and vend to dispos...they are about to die on the vine.

And if the current legislation in the cali legislature passes and is signed into law, no one will be able to do anything except on the black market.

And as state-wide legalization continues to progress across the country, the black market is going to slowly disappear leaving those remaining to be relegated to being the outlaw moonshiners of weed and the market for moonshine is not that big when you can go buy Blatz beer @ $1.79 a 6-pack. At that point it would seem that the only hope for even the black market would be in "dry" counties. Just like the moonshiners.

Someone give me a good arguement that this is not the end of weed and our livelihoods as we have known it for decades.

BraH... chill with the negativity. 30 years ago weed was illegal. Now its not in many places. You think that inertia will be destroyed by some Indians?

History is the answer to our problems. Wine is the history we should be studying.

Wine merchants/brokers brought terroir to the marketplace as a way to protect their profits from larger brokers.

When your product can be grown any where, like grapes, you need a means to protect the authenticity of the crop. This is what terroir does.

Who cares if they grow a million pounds of Modoc Musty. Lets keep the prices on SFV OG, Mendo Purps, ECSD, the old school BubbleGum from Kentucky or Arkansas or wherever high.

We already use the taste of the place to market our products. Why not push it forward to protect us from Corporate Greed?

ApolloAK

BraH... chill with the negativity. 30 years ago weed was illegal. Now its not in many places. You think that inertia will be destroyed by some Indians?

History is the answer to our problems. Wine is the history we should be studying.

Wine merchants/brokers brought terroir to the marketplace as a way to protect their profits from larger brokers.

When your product can be grown any where, like grapes, you need a means to protect the authenticity of the crop. This is what terroir does.

Who cares if they grow a million pounds of Modoc Musty. Lets keep the prices on SFV OG, Mendo Purps, ECSD, the old school BubbleGum from Kentucky or Arkansas or wherever high.

We already use the taste of the place to market our products. Why not push it forward to protect us from Corporate Greed?

A lot of the tribes are teaming up with breeders instead of producers and it's affecting the quality at the end. Until they get their quality down, there will still be a market for quality