What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

superx

Veteran
Home made prawn curry. Edit to add, chicken as well 😃

IMG_1515.jpeg

moose eater

Birthday breakfast: lower carb blueberry buttermilk pancakes with some sour cream in them for loft, topped with butter and organic maple syrup, an egg over easy, and 2 strips of uncured hardwood-smoked no-sugar bacon with a maple sugar rub or 'dry brine'. 16-oz. of freshly ground French roast coffee with a splash of 40% heavy whipping cream added.

moose eater

Happy birthday @moose eater , have a great day amigo. :coffee:
Thanks.

I was born literally dead at birth a long time ago, and revived by a French Philippine Doctor, whose first name became my middle name. Been a long haul now.

Now, if I can make it through the lower carb carrot cake with finely chopped organic Turkish apricots and cream cheese and walnut frosting my wife has planned for me for later in the day, I'll be OK for another year. :)

Edit: My wife's the beneficiary on my life insurance, and she keeps feeding me stuff with carbs for special occasions. Hmmm.

superx

Veteran
Birthday breakfast: lower carb blueberry buttermilk pancakes with some sour cream in them for loft, topped with butter and organic maple syrup, an egg over easy, and 2 strips of uncured hardwood-smoked no-sugar bacon with a maple sugar rub or 'dry brine'. 16-oz. of freshly ground French roast coffee with a splash of 40% heavy whipping cream added.
Happy birthday Moose (go leor eile le teacht) 🍻

moose eater

Prepping another red Thai curry stir-fry with broccoli, celery, thin-sliced green cabbage, chives, sweet onion, fresh zucchini from the garden, orange sweet pepper, calamari, Patagonia wild-caught 10-30 count shrimp, and large sea scallops with kafir lime, minced ginger, pressed fresh garlic, chicken base, and who knows what? No brown rice again. Skipping carbs for the most part.

Edit: Oh, and fresh sweet basil and green onions form the garden...

Re-edit: And my wife went ahead and put on 4 cups of RO H2O and 2 cups of short-grain brown rice, so I guess there will now be 'some' amount of carbs available to pair with the Thai seafood curry, though her method of measuring salt for her rice is more than a bit suspect.

Last edited:

moose eater

Our own recipe for deep-fried tempura beer-battered Gulf of Alaska halibut, caught yesterday, transported home through the wee hours of the night with a brief less-than-fully restful stop at Rainbow Mountain for a few z's, arriving home this afternoon not frozen yet, and into the dredging mix and batter it went... with homemade tartar sauce.

Next up... deep-fried tempura beer-battered gray cod from the same general waters. But not until tomorrow. My wife and I are each getting 8-oz. of the fish plus the weight of the batter, so there's no room for the cod this evening.

The tempura beer batter has in it 3/4-cup of almond flour and 1-1/4-cups of whole wheat pastry flour. And MAAAAN, the downside of such feasts is the carbohydrate count. The upside is the fact that it can be as bad a psychological addiction as cocaine or good tamales.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Our own recipe for deep-fried tempura beer-battered Gulf of Alaska halibut, caught yesterday, transported home through the wee hours of the night with a brief less-than-fully restful stop at Rainbow Mountain for a few z's, arriving home this afternoon not frozen yet, and into the dredging mix and batter it went... with homemade tartar sauce.

Next up... deep-fried tempura beer-battered gray cod from the same general waters. But not until tomorrow. My wife and I are each getting 8-oz. of the fish plus the weight of the batter, so there's no room for the cod this evening.

The tempura beer batter has in it 3/4-cup of almond flour and 1-1/4-cups of whole wheat pastry flour. And MAAAAN, the downside of such feasts is the carbohydrate count. The upside is the fact that it can be as bad a psychological addiction as cocaine or good tamales.
you know im going to be tipping over your trash can tonight!
YUMMM!!!!!