What's new

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

CharlesU Farley

yeah we have a lot of great food choices here in san diego
in addition to all the normal things, we have some of the best mexican food in the nation!
Harley and I vacationed in San Diego many years ago and I will totally agree with you about the outstanding Mexican food in your city. We still rave about a place we ate at on PB called Gringos... best upscale Mexican food we ever put in our mouth. 🍲

armedoldhippy

Veteran
had cereal for breakfast, and a pitiful bologna sandwich for lunch along with some stale potato chips. :confused: heading out in a few minutes to fix that though. got a killer BBQ place nearby that's only open weekends currently. they don't have the fastest service i've ever seen, but if you want "Sudden Service" instead of great smoked ribs, you go to Pal's instead and eat chili buns... (y)

moose eater

Last of the weekend feast. Went heavy on the carbs with some brunch. Pretty sure you guys call it brunch over there? (Breakfast-Lunch!) I got the cod, which was fresh and flaky. Fine dose of mint in the mushy peas, with a side of potato bravas. Mrs X got Ham Hock Hash, with eggs Benedict. A bit over board on the potatoes Mrs X only ate half of hers. It wasn't too fancy but filled the Sunday gap. A record fair was on in town and came across this interesting looking table - we werent able to eat our brunch off it :) .. Was a grey rainy day here - lots of people in the pubs with the Munster hurling final so the pubs were packed to the rafters. Ill be at the gym tomorrow to work off the spuds. View attachment 19015348
View attachment 19015349
Beautiful table and delectable food. More reasons to visit the land of my ancestors.

And I'm a sucker for good fish & chips... all day, any day.

superx

Veteran
Hey pops there's always room at the table for friends,
Yes potato bravas which are cubed (parmentier) fried 😋 with passata sauce and added tomato purre to give it a thick consistency, some times they add sweet paprika or smoked paprika and a pinch of chilli powder to give it a slight kick. Its a nice sweet tangy sauce wich is simply poured over the cubed potato with sour cream and a simple garnish of fresh parsley..

It's a Spanish dish and can be found in tapas bars, we sometimes visit Barcelona for weekends and love to visit tapas bars, we both love tapas and we go on eating binges for the entire weekend. The potato bravas in Spain is on a different level.

Regarding the table not sure what the price on it was, I'm pretty sure though the owner would be open to offers..It's funny because as we approached the table from a distance myself and her self both thought it was a crab 🦀 🤣 , we just shared a vape of (ethos, planet of the grapes) before hand so that didn't help buddy.

moose eater

Beutiful dog and nice berries. Id be interested how the wine tastes. I was watching a show called Brewed Today. Its basically a show where this guy goes to all the different bars and breweries and samples them in the Quad Cities.. Probably see it on youtube. Its kinda cool. lots of nice places around. anyway they had a show today about these local guys who make small craft batches of beer basically in their basements. It got my Itch to make beer again. Ive made shitty wine but ive never made beer. I know its the last thing i need to drink but i think its about time i get into a hobby. Be curious about your wine and or beer making methods
She's one of my best friends, 'hawk. And thank you for the compliment.

Her younger compadre' routinely gives me regular reasons to grin, smile or laugh, often waking me up with an assault of aggressive face, neck, cheek, nose, eye and ear kisses, and fuller of positive energy than almost any being I've ever known.

The older one in the pic is going on 3 years old. The mostly black with limited decorative tan and spunky as can be puppy (for which I'll edit in a picture from the other computer's photo gallery), is just over 8-months. The best anti-depressants I've ever encountered.

(From a couple or so months back. Maybe 2-1/2 months ago by now?).

IMG_0959.jpg

Last edited:

moose eater

My wife just served me an egg, over easy, on top of toasted keto bread, with 2 strips of uncured, no-sugar, hardwood smoked bacon, and some freshly ground black oily French roast coffee with a dash of 40% heavy whipping cream in it.

Fellow coming up from a village down the road a piece to get the second of 2 Subarus I sold to him last year. So, I guess I'd best shave for masking and get something on now to wear out into the bugs.

superx

Veteran
She's one of my best friends, 'hawk. And thank you for the compliment.

Her younger compadre' routinely gives me regular reasons to grin, smile or laugh, often waking me up with an assault of aggressive face, neck, cheek, nose and ear kisses, and more full of positive energy than almost any being I've ever known.

The older one in the pic is going on 3 years old. The mostly black with limited decorative tan and spunky as can be puppy (for which I'll edit in a picture from the other computer's photo gallery), is just over 8-months. The best anti-depressants I've ever encountered.
Unconditional love is what you get from dogs Moose, I'm sure it's something most people (if not all) can learn from. The aldo is such a loyal and protective animal, we had them as family pets many moons ago.
Unfortunately I haven't seen one for ages, Bull breeds is all I seem to come across in recent times, lots of cross breeding with them. Guess it comes with the territory with some of the youths that keep them. Its a shame as they give the rest of the bull breed owners a bad name (who genuinely love and care for there dogs)

Was only last week (not far from me) one of those xl bullies killed a girl in her 20s.(she was the owner of it) it obviously just decided to turn on her 😔
Made head line news just as the government planned on making restrictions for owners.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Harley and I vacationed in San Diego many years ago and I will totally agree with you about the outstanding Mexican food in your city. We still rave about a place we ate at on PB called Gringos... best upscale Mexican food we ever put in our mouth. 🍲
it looks like gringos is closed now, but i knew the pb area pretty well when i was younger
there is so much good mexican food here its hard to go wrong, but some of the best places are the holes in the wall places family owned; ill take you to a spot
/tacos on me!

had cereal for breakfast, and a pitiful bologna sandwich for lunch along with some stale potato chips. :confused: heading out in a few minutes to fix that though. got a killer BBQ place nearby that's only open weekends currently. they don't have the fastest service i've ever seen, but if you want "Sudden Service" instead of great smoked ribs, you go to Pal's instead and eat chili buns... (y)
i can give the " pitiful bologna sandwich" a pass but what up with the stale chips?!
did someone say bbq?!?
/and what is a chili bun?

Hey pops there's always room at the table for friends,
Yes potato bravas which are cubed (parmentier) fried 😋 with passata sauce and added tomato purre to give it a thick consistency, some times they add sweet paprika or smoked paprika and a pinch of chilli powder to give it a slight kick. Its a nice sweet tangy sauce wich is simply poured over the cubed potato with sour cream and a simple garnish of fresh parsley..

It's a Spanish dish and can be found in tapas bars, we sometimes visit Barcelona for weekends and love to visit tapas bars, we both love tapas and we go on eating binges for the entire weekend. The potato bravas in Spain is on a different level.

Regarding the table not sure what the price on it was, I'm pretty sure though the owner would be open to offers..It's funny because as we approached the table from a distance myself and her self both thought it was a crab 🦀 🤣 , we just shared a vape of (ethos, planet of the grapes) before hand so that didn't help buddy.
If you ever decide to make that trip Moose, myself and the good woman would only be to happy to give you the grand tour. ☯️
the road trip is planned!
first im going to go and pick up moose in my truck and we will head out together
im going to let him navigate as i dont see how we are going to get there but she has 4 wheel drive so im hopeful we can make it in time for dinner

moose eater

it looks like gringos is closed now, but i knew the pb area pretty well when i was younger
there is so much good mexican food here its hard to go wrong, but some of the best places are the holes in the wall places family owned; ill take you to a spot
/tacos on me!

i can give the " pitiful bologna sandwich" a pass but what up with the stale chips?!
did someone say bbq?!?

first im going to go and pick up moose in my truck and we will head out together
im going to let him navigate as i dont see how we are going to get there but she has 4 wheel drive so im hopeful we can make it in time for dinner
There are boats you can put a vehicle on, pop, sometimes even getting on cheaper for passengers as they are often freighters. Otherwise, the Atlantic is a bear of a puddle to drive across.

And I'd need to look into requirements for a driver's license in that part of the world. Not every country is accommodating regarding reciprocal licensing, and they tend to drive on the wrong side of the road there, with somewhat narrow roads sometimes, too.

edit: A motorcycle with a sidecar and one for which parts are available in that area, would be both cheaper, and permit more ready avoidance of on-coming traffic.

Re-edit: but that would mean limited luggage or gear, and I often pack like an old woman.

superx

Veteran
/tacos on me!

did someone say bbq?!?

You might of missed the last plane for dinner pops, it will have to be breakfast first.
Bacon/sausage/eggs/Black and white pudding, fried mushrooms and potato bread, I don't bother with the beans so will usually substitute it for fried tomato.

Make Sure Moose brings some of that king crab with him 😆

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
There are boats you can put a vehicle on, pop, sometimes even getting on cheaper for passengers as they are often freighters. Otherwise, the Atlantic is a bear of a puddle to drive across.

And I'd need to look into requirements for a driver's license in that part of the world. Not every country is accommodating regarding reciprocal licensing, and they tend to drive on the wrong side of the road there, with somewhat narrow roads sometimes, too.

edit: A motorcycle with a sidecar and one for which parts are available in that area, would be both cheaper, and permit more ready avoidance of on-coming traffic.

Re-edit: but that would mean limited luggage or gear, and I often pack like an old woman.
she has 4wheel drive!, we will just have to roll up the windows and things should be fine
driving on the other side of the road? i bet the have weird road signs too
and what are you talking about badges? we dont need no stinking badges? (or was that a licence to drive)
but i like your new plan! motorcycle and sidecar?! YES!
we will arrive in style!
/im going shopping for a scarf and goggles right now!

moose eater

Unconditional love is what you get from dogs Moose, I'm sure it's something most people (if not all) can learn from. The aldo is such a loyal and protective animal, we had them as family pets many moons ago.
Unfortunately I haven't seen one for ages, Bull breeds is all I seem to come across in recent times, lots of cross breeding with them. Guess it comes with the territory with some of the youths that keep them. Its a shame as they give the rest of the bull breed owners a bad name (who genuinely love and care for there dogs)

Was only last week (not far from me) one of those xl bullies killed a girl in her 20s.(she was the owner of it) it obviously just decided to turn on her 😔
Made head line news just as the government planned on making restrictions for owners.
I've known some sweet-as-cream bullies of various types or sub-breeds, larger and smaller, both.

The owners making a badass image for themselves for whom the dog is too often a prestige symbol, can make or break a good dog.

I've had dogs with which genetics were afoul and they were clearly affected from birth with odd behaviors, but way more often than not, they reflect the care they're given.

And they often have more heart and soul, as well as observable thoughtfulness, than some give them credit for.

I hitchhiked North America and travelled by other means, as well, with a Norwegian elkhound many years ago (and later on, her mixed-breed pup). She -seriously- hated cops (primarily the uniform) and bears, both of them based on previous unpleasant experiences... negative conditioning. A violent raid in Michigan in '75 or '76 and bears in the woods or raiding our fish smoker in Haines, Alaska during the subsistence salmon netting season. Which resulted in a win-win for me.

At that time, I didn't care as much for salmon as I did red meat, and the youngster, 100-lb. black bear yearling caught pilfering the smoker, thanks to Missy, was put into pint jars shortly thereafter. A fine trade in my opinion. Not so much the bear's view, I'd wager.

Last edited:

moose eater

she has 4wheel drive!, we will just have to roll up the windows and things should be fine
driving on the other side of the road? i bet the have weird road signs too
and what are you talking about badges? we dont need no stinking badges? (or was that a licence to drive)
but i like your new plan! motorcycle and sidecar?! YES!
we will arrive in style!
/im going shopping for a scarf and goggles right now!
Then I recommend those giant flotation tires with a hub extension to widen the stance, so she doesn't flip sideways in rough seas. They make them with fairly radical fins for tread. Think of them as paddles in quantity on a circular surface..

They're not cheap, though.

1717962706007.png

And you might need to go with duallies, both front and rear, to acquire sufficient flotation, depending on the size of the truck.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Then I recommend those giant flotation tires with a hub extension to widen the stance, so she doesn't flip sideways in rough seas. They make them with fairly radical fins for tread. Think of them as paddles in quantity on a circular surface..

They're not cheap, though.

View attachment 19015479

And you might need to go with duallies, both front and rear, to acquire sufficient flotation, depending on the size of the truck.
hahah the skipper professor and gilligan are all working on a plan right now!
we will be there in no time

Last edited: