What's new

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That t/bone looks scrumptious hawk, how did you cook it?

I have started to eat my steaks a tad on the rare side the past while, must be with old age and maturity 😅
For years they had to be well done..

I just noticed there is two threads dedicated to food one is called (what are you eating today) and the other thread is called (what are you eating rite now 🤣)
This one seems better it still has the like button :biggrin::biglaugh:

moose eater

They call it fried dough...I'm not sure what fry bread is maybe same thing?
Fry bread in the States is a Native American thing, often not sweetened or at least not too sweet, that is deep-fried, and goes back to the days when the Bureau of Indian Affairs Agents gave the Natives who'd been moved to reservations and outside of military forts in the 'old west', white flour, etc. i.e. limited staple goods, and they made do.

To this day it's regarded as a treat, probably for tradition's sake, though honestly, considering its lack of nutrition and the unhealthy aspect of the stuff (Type 2 diabetes, for example, among the Alaska Native population is pretty stout and growing steadily; white flour not being at all diabetic-friendly), as well as the circumstances surrounding its inception, the perpetuation of the stuff is somewhat quizzical.

At pow wows and other Native organized events, as well as Native food booths at carnivals or fairs, you can find it served plain, or with powdered sugar, or used as the base for an 'Indian taco' or 'Indian tostado'.

Last edited:

moose eater

One egg over easy, served on 1 slice of toasted and buttered Keto bread with a touch of Tapatio Sauce... And 2 strips of thick-sliced uncured, no-sugar bacon.. Heart medicine. With fresh-ground oily black French Roast coffee with a tiny splash of 40% heavy whipping cream, and my homemade sugar-free hot cocoa/mocha mix that has in it instant Mexican Espresso, for that double-shot added zippity-doo-dah...

For what purpose, I don't know, as I'm mostly horizontal, waiting for my hips, legs and spinal cord to all agree to get on the same page, as far as forward momentum is concerned.

superx

Veteran
One egg over easy, served on 1 slice of toasted and buttered Keto bread with a touch of Tapatio Sauce... And 2 strips of thick-sliced uncured, no-sugar bacon.. Heart medicine. With fresh-ground oily black French Roast coffee with a tiny splash of 40% heavy whipping cream, and my homemade sugar-free hot cocoa/mocha mix that has in it instant Mexican Espresso, for that double-shot added zippity-doo-dah...

For what purpose, I don't know, as I'm mostly horizontal, waiting for my hips, legs and spinal cord to all agree to get on the same page, as far as forward momentum is concerned.
You have such a way with words Moose, and a real talent for expression yourself in a compelling and engaging manner, its captivated and inspired me to type this up. I often find my toes curling in when reading your posts 😆 stay strong man.

The superx household will be feasting on mutton stew with crusty bread with a dollop of Irish kerry gold -butter.

Its 7.30 in the evening so might go for a walk afterwards to shift this weight from my gut..
(As we say here, walk it off)

moose eater

You have such a way with words Moose, and a real talent for expression yourself in a compelling and engaging manner, its captivated and inspired me to type this up. I often find my toes curling in when reading your posts 😆 stay strong man.

The superx household will be feasting on mutton stew with crusty bread with a dollop of Irish kerry gold -butter.

Its 7.30 in the evening so might go for a walk afterwards to shift this weight from my gut..
(As we say here, walk it off)
Articulate expression became important through many trials and for numerous purposes or reasons.

To this day, one of the most heart-breaking aspects of my own family I helped to make is the propensity for unfulfilling or shallow, superficial discussion that is more veneer and less heartfelt. Positions that stand, in my opinion, or lend to imprisoning ourselves within ourselves and cheating those around us of what a full relationship with each other might be, sometimes for as simple reasons as fear of being viewed as 'wrong' or simply perpetuation of our pasts with family-of-origin or other impactful experiences.

Those circumstances have truly been a source of sadness for me at times, knowing I will probably die without having maximized the clarity and closeness with my children (and wife of 35 years) that could have been if not for other influences... mostly past, and some dead now.

I believe a life of mediocrity in nearly any regard is shameful, but especially in love, relationship, and expression. To be locked in an invisible, avoidable cage.

Yet, with my articulate and often-direct tongue, it can cut like a knife at times, which isn't always intentional, though sometimes is, and can have the opposite affect on the outcomes versus my desires for those things above.

Also there were earlier years of consciously forcing or pushing myself at a later or mid-adolescent age as an early activist to be able to justify for myself what I believe and why, believing that if I couldn't do those things then it detracted from my foundation and positions in life, turning them into mere whims.

But thank you for the compliments.

When our words fail us we have either isolation and silence, misrepresentations or misperception, or violence... All of which equate at some point to greater sadness, and Lord knows there's enough of that shit to last many lifetimes..

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I believe a life of mediocrity in nearly any regard is shameful, but especially in love, relationship, and expression. To be locked in an invisible, avoidable cage.
:((y)
When our words fail us we have either isolation and silence, misrepresentations or misperception, or violence... All of which equate at some point to greater sadness, and Lord knows there's enough of that shit to last many lifetimes..

:bow:

Gry

Veteran
Went to the store and grabbed 2 Anaheim Chiles, 2 Pasilla Peppers, 2 large green Bell Bell Peppers, and ten ounces of sliced Shitakes, and 2 pounds of Asparagus, and one large red onion. Going to make some fried potatoes, with peppers, mushrooms, garlic, onions and asparagus. Am slow in my preparation, takes an hour to cut the stuff up to spend another hour cooking it. I use olive oil.
Barstool in front of the stove has worked out well.

superx

Veteran
Too hot of a day to be slaving over the cooker. Mrs Superx treated me to our favourite Japanese.
The sushi included prawn, shrimp, tuna , chicken, egg and asparagus tip. Mains consisted of Teriyaki Mackerel with Shiso and Teriyaki Chicken - keeping it simple. For afters something sweet, plum saki which was fantastic. What is interesting about this place is the owner does all the prepping, cooking, serving, seating himself. Slow but with love.
IMG_1486.JPG
Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 20.12.29.png
Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 20.12.59.png
Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 20.10.35.png

Attachments

• IMG_1487 2.JPG
    IMG_1487 2.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1488 2.JPG
    IMG_1488 2.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 10

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Fried bread in Ireland is simply sliced bread fried in a mixture of butter and veg oil. My old Ma used to make gypsy bread (not the boss) again it was sliced bread dipped in egg yolk on both sides then fried in butter until golden crispy on both sides.
Articulate expression became important through many trials and for numerous purposes or reasons.

To this day, one of the most heart-breaking aspects of my own family I helped to make is the propensity for unfulfilling or shallow, superficial discussion that is more veneer and less heartfelt. Positions that stand, in my opinion, or lend to imprisoning ourselves within ourselves and cheating those around us of what a full relationship with each other might be, sometimes for as simple reasons as fear of being viewed as 'wrong' or simply perpetuation of our pasts with family-of-origin or other impactful experiences.

Those circumstances have truly been a source of sadness for me at times, knowing I will probably die without having maximized the clarity and closeness with my children (and wife of 35 years) that could have been if not for other influences... mostly past, and some dead now.

Yet, with my articulate and often-direct tongue, it can cut like a knife at times, which isn't always intentional, though sometimes is, and can have the opposite affect on the outcomes versus my desires for those things above.

Also there were earlier years of consciously forcing or pushing myself at a later or mid-adolescent age as an early activist to be able to justify for myself what I believe and why, believing that if I couldn't do those things then it detracted from my foundation and positions in life, turning them into mere whims.

But thank you for the compliments.

the tradition lives on in funnel cakes
a popular festival/fair type food
and let not forget doughnuts

superx

Veteran
the tradition lives on in funnel cakes
a popular festival/fair type food
and let not forget doughnuts
Interesting pops, never heard of funnel cakes as I just goggled them, they look like a really nice sweet treat.

French toast is a little bit like Gypsy toast, difference with French toast is they use cream and cinnamon along with it been dipped in egg yolk 😋 And fried in butter. If you get it here it's normally done with brioche, it goes back hundreds of years (peasant food) it was a way of using up your left over stale bread.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
and lets forget the king!, (i think he was actually a count
the monte cristo sandwich!
/but check this out, when i tried to google a tasty img to post, it came up with all these weird variations with sugar sprinkled on top!
this should be savory, take your ham and cheese sandwich and dip it in a mix of seasonings and scrambled eggs and then cook on both sides till golden brown
#chefs kiss

superx

Veteran
and lets forget the king!, (i think he was actually a count
the monte cristo sandwich!
/but check this out, when i tried to google a tasty img to post, it came up with all these weird variations with sugar sprinkled on top!
this should be savory, take your ham and cheese sandwich and dip it in a mix of seasonings and scrambled eggs and then cook on both sides till golden brown
#chefs kiss
Looks very tasty indeed, it's funny when I first scanned the image the first thought that entered my head was a Cuban sandwich, I have never tried a Cuban sandwich. Friends and relatives who have visited the States usually come back ranting and raving how good they are. The chef at one establishment told them they sell on average up to 200 Cuban sandwiches aday.. Do you rate them? I'm guessing there is different variations of them.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Looks very tasty indeed, it's funny when I first scanned the image the first thought that entered my head was a Cuban sandwich, I have never tried a Cuban sandwich. Friends and relatives who have visited the States usually come back ranting and raving how good they are. The chef at one establishment told them they sell on average up to 200 Cuban sandwiches aday.. Do you rate them? I'm guessing there is different variations of them.
a true cuban is awesome! another good one is called la media la noche
/it means middle of the night
i live in san diego, so its on the other side of the us and mexico
we have tortas here and lots of asians

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts