What's new

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

Charles Dankens

Surely you remember the stunt motorcycles in the cylindrical cage, riding around in high-speed circles, relying on the gyro-force and inertia of it all at the carnivals and fairs a long time ago? 'Wall of Death' or something like that?

I believe we have a whole new innovation on that idea.
Resized_20220216_190237.jpg

Mclaren circus in ZA

moose eater

Just began eating a large bowl of the hot-sour chicken, shrimp, calamari and veggies soup from the other night...

The rest of it (a bit over a gallon) is now in the freezer, for upcoming trips, with a 1/2-gallon still in the refrigerator.

Turns out I made more than I thought, which I realized when we put it into containers late last night; a bit over 3-gallons at the outset is my guess... Maybe even 3-1/2.

The second Subaru is now headed down the road, chained to a trailer deck, and hopefully remaining that way. My field of wild roses/hibiscus are happy about that.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Sidecars for those who resent inclement weather. You can get your food to-go, and not have it be sopping wet.. at least for the passenger...

I tried to find an image of one with pizza involved.

And the signage is even on point...

I think we're almost ready to roll... something, anyway.

View attachment 19015542
awesome! now i have some map point to go on

raises @superx on the radio
hey bud! we are located 367 k from nuts corner
/i dont know why moose insisted on stopping there
then we are heading to renfrew
im more interested in that tub of fruits! and veg
delicious looking plate
/ plus is that a brownie in the box?

Charles Dankens

awesome! now i have some map point to go on

raises @superx on the radio
hey bud! we are located 367 k from nuts corner
/i dont know why moose insisted on stopping there
then we are heading to renfrew

im more interested in that tub of fruits! and veg
delicious looking plate
/ plus is that a brownie in the box?
I work w farmers and get access to (usually) really great local stuff. The cherries were best, not the best year for strawbs but I enjoyed all of those. The chocolate mini cake was chocolatey,, greens fantastic.

Finished off those shrimp for b'fast
Loads of tasty asparagus.

20240611_111923.jpg
20240529_161422.jpg
20240503_033715.jpg
20240526_140150.jpg

Last edited:

Charles Dankens

Fit for a King,

The scampi looks delicious, did you buy this fresh and breadcrumb it yourself?

The superx household is chowing down on honey baked ham with savoy cabbage. (I'm willing to swap for your scampi) ☯️
Cabbage and ham is a classic. My mom often made it for Sunday dinner.

Ya, good observation. I'm a fan of homemade breadcrumbs. Those crumbs are dried out rolls pushed through the grater blade on a Cuisinart. Gives a fantastic crunch and good color too. Perfect for chicken parm.
20220309_214601.jpg

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
holy
Cabbage and ham is a classic. My mom often made it for Sunday dinner.

Ya, good observation. I'm a fan of homemade breadcrumbs. Those crumbs are dried out rolls pushed through the grater blade on a Cuisinart. Gives a fantastic crunch and good color too. Perfect for chicken parm. View attachment 19016205
holy shit you make that? gonna need a recipe dude

superx

Veteran
where did you get thoe crust for those tarts? those pies look amazing!
especially that strawberry and custard one!
#chefskiss!
Strawberry and custard is a match made in heaven pops..
I'm curious as you mentioned biscuits and gravy in another thread and thought I would bring the conversation up here as it would be more appropriate.

Biscuits over here are usually sweet and normally cased in sugar, gravy on the other hand is savory and would be traditionally used on a variety of meats and vegetables are simply poured over your spuds.
I did Google it, (but still none of the wiser) I have often wondered about this..

What is your definition of biscuits and gravy? If I was in one of your local diners/cafes and ordered up biscuits and gravy, what can I expect.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Strawberry and custard is a match made in heaven pops..
I'm curious as you mentioned biscuits and gravy in another thread and thought I would bring the conversation up here as it would be more appropriate.

Biscuits over here are usually sweet and normally cased in sugar, gravy on the other hand is savory and would be traditionally used on a variety of meats and vegetables are simply poured over your spuds.
I did Google it, (but still none of the wiser) I have often wondered about this..

What is your definition of biscuits and gravy? If I was in one of your local diners/cafes and ordered up biscuits and gravy, what can I expect.
it would look like this
Country-Biscuits-Sausage-Gravy-1024x632.jpg

/img lifted from here: https://www.cookingmamas.com/country-biscuits-sausage-gravy/
thats biscuits and sausage gravy
i like mine with fried eggs on top and lots of gravy
its the gravy that makes it good, there is also a red eye gravy where you put coffee into the gravy, but i dont do mine like that

/arent biscuits like cookies in some places

superx

Veteran
Bought some General Gao's chicken, pork fried rice, crab Rangoon. I'll be eating after I clean my apartment. I'm too lazy to get up so here's pictures of what it could look like 😯 View attachment 19016226
That's a fine feast doobs, it's nice sometimes to order a takeaway and take a break from slaving over the cooker..The crab Rangoon is a type of filo pastry, I guess you will be having that as a starter..
You might need a hammock or something to lye down on afterwards.. Enjoy it man, I hope you found your keys as well.

superx

Veteran
it would look like this
View attachment 19016234
/img lifted from here: https://www.cookingmamas.com/country-biscuits-sausage-gravy/
thats biscuits and sausage gravy
i like mine with fried eggs on top and lots of gravy
its the gravy that makes it good, there is also a red eye gravy where you put coffee into the gravy, but i dont do mine like that

/arent biscuits like cookies in some places
Yes I would class cookies as biscuits, such a strange combination ( I bet it tastes good though) would you use this type of gravy or similar for pouring over meats and potatoes, or would it be a stock based gravy.
When ever I visit the states I will certainly order it up for curiosity.

Latest posts

Latest posts