WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

Charles Dankens

20231004_224157.jpg

Spicy Pork Chops

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually had chinese but being on the left coast of Fla it is predominantly mid-westerners and as such they are clueless as to what a good pizza is. That said however this deep dish stuff sounds interesting but can't find an authentic example here. Will do a fedex methinks.....

In the land that I was born we have a thing called Tomato Pies and considering the tomatoes there are among the finest anywhere on earth you can imagine how good a tomato pie is in western NJ.

Here's what looks like a Fla version of the deep dish. NJ's tomato pies do not have cheese on them and they are waaaay off the charts. Would still like to try this chicago stuff though ( chicken on the car, the car can't go, that's the way you spell chicago ), some place called Lou Malnotty's or something like that does online ordering:

shithawk420

Veteran
Actually had chinese but being on the left coast of Fla it is predominantly mid-westerners and as such they are clueless as to what a good pizza is. That said however this deep dish stuff sounds interesting but can't find an authentic example here. Will do a fedex methinks.....

In the land that I was born we have a thing called Tomato Pies and considering the tomatoes there are among the finest anywhere on earth you can imagine how good a tomato pie is in western NJ.

Here's what looks like a Fla version of the deep dish. NJ's tomato pies do not have cheese on them and they are waaaay off the charts. Would still like to try this chicago stuff though ( chicken on the car, the car can't go, that's the way you spell chicago ), some place called Lou Malnotty's or something like that does online ordering:

I've had those frozen Lou Malnottis and they are kinda pricey.they were OK but the crust was too hard if I remember right.never had east coast pizza but Chicago has some of the best pizza in the world if you know where to go.i like Giordano's and the stuffed deep dish pizza but they have really good thin crust too.Rossati's comes to mind but they are everywhere now

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

im bet the tomato pie is related to the pizza, its bread cooked with stuff on it
one you start using sauce isnt it a pizza? or is it the cheese that makes it a pizza pie
/or making the bread into a pie shape! im totally lost now

the mrs used to travel to chi for work and i would always have her bring me back a Lou Malnotty's pie ! i like thin crust myself but this was a good pizza
/yes, she was that lady in the plane with a deep dish pizza in her lap
even reheated and a day old is was one of the best pizzas ive ever had

sublingual

im bet the tomato pie is related to the pizza, its bread cooked with stuff on it
one you start using sauce isnt it a pizza? or is it the cheese that makes it a pizza pie
/or making the bread into a pie shape! im totally lost now

the mrs used to travel to chi for work and i would always have her bring me back a Lou Malnotty's pie ! i like thin crust myself but this was a good pizza
/yes, she was that lady in the plane with a deep dish pizza in her lap
even reheated and a day old is was one of the best pizzas ive ever had
Lou Malnati's uses a lot of butter to make their crusts. They also exclusively have certain tomatoes grown for them in Cali to their specifications.

goingrey

No pic? Local chanterelles? Habaneros overpowering the mushrooms? I'd like a slice! A place near me makes a tatasty ricotta sausage calzone.

Heard of an "Inside out"? It's a favorite calzone in these parts.
Local, hmm, dunno. Probably not. Bought from the local supermarket. :D I'm no good at foraging for mushrooms. Chantarelles would be easy to identify, with them the challenge is finding some. The habanero might easily overpower the taste but only used one pepper for 100g of mushrooms, I think it worked out well.

Not familiar with an inside out calzone. Wouldn't that just be a normal pizza? :D

shithawk420

Veteran
How could you possibly eat any better? Fries on the side?
no.it was a spur of the moment idea i had at about 3 am this morning.pretty much my lunch cause i woke up at 9:30 pm.ive been eating fast food and greasy stuff and i should eat more healthy stuff.it sucks living with someone that only likes junk food.i want fish and vegetables.wish i had an apple

Latest posts

Latest posts