What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

xtsho

Why is talking about rape disturbing? The Israelis have been raping Palestinians for a long time.

Note: This isn't the first time someone brought sexual abuse or sexual activity into a discussion that you reacted like that. I recall a comment of mine in the election thread wherein you'd spoken of racist laws prohibiting inter-racial marriages, and I had mentioned that in many of those same places, anal sex was also illegal even with one's spouse, and you'd had a similar reaction. If something it disturbing to you as a matter of discussion of very real aspects of life, I'd recommend looking at your reactions to common discussions of those realities, and why you have those reactions. They are, indeed, parts of our realities, even if unpleasant in some cases and/or for some people.

Rape in itself is disturbing. You don't think so?

Replying to someone's comment and suggesting that they let someone rape them in the ass is a lame response to anything. I've never felt the need to engage anyone with that type of a response. But obviously others do. And some normalize it when it's anything but normal.

And just how did I react? My post wasn't much of a reaction. It's actually pretty mild. No rage, not emotional, just to the point. A couple questions and then my take on the comment. Where is this reaction you speak of? Inquiring minds...

xtsho said:
"Is that all you got? Talking about rape? Pretty disturbing."

moose eater

Rape in itself is disturbing. You don't think so?

Replying to someone's comment and suggesting that they let someone rape them in the ass is a lame response to anything. I've never felt the need to engage anyone with that type of a response. But obviously others do. And some normalize it when it's anything but normal.

And just how did I react? My post wasn't much of a reaction. It's actually pretty mild. No rage, not emotional, just to the point. A couple questions and then my take on the comment. Where is this reaction you speak of? Inquiring minds...

xtsho said:
"Is that all you got? Talking about rape? Pretty disturbing."
Yep, I think rape is very disturbing. Systemic rape with a nation applauding that to the 67% level is WAY disturbing. And ought to be punished by immediate instant karma.

My ex-wife was raped before I married her, and then, years later, engaged in a cultural support gathering on a regular basis in the local jail, meetings held for First Nations people, with cultural foods, etc., and one of the fellows who had raped her, a repeat offender who'd also raped a clerk at a quick-stop and broken her arm during a robbery, would sit in those meetings with a leering grin, staring intensely at my ex-wife.

I sent a message through an intermediary who was in jail with the offender in reference. The message read, "When you get out, you don't live in Fairbanks." A very decipherable double-entendre message, meaning, if you stay in Fairbanks when you get out, you won't live..

I completely understood JKD's analogy. Completely understood it.

I was referring to your reactions when in two incidents I'm familiar with, one involving redneck laws in general, you've had quizzical reactions to others mentioning sex in whatever capacity, whether sexual assault, or consensual anal sex involving two consenting adults, even in a marriage.

I've noted it and found it odd... if not illuminating to some limited degree.

No deflections required.

Hiddenjems

Not to mention the gross assumption that all detained Palestinians are Hamas.

Sounds a bit unhinged paranoid to me, but then IF I'd have been victimizing some place for 76 years solid, stealing their land and homes, raping them, murdering them, etc., with impunity, I might be a bit paranoid about potential blowback for my behavior, too.

Israel is now little more than a well-dressed criminal state thriving on others' land and possessions, while sucking the military tit of the US DoD. A true welfare state.
To be fair, when the Jews rolled in to Palestine their mental condition had to be shit. Fresh out of auschwitz, and 6,000,000 people light.

Sociologically, there are two groups that both want to have a theocratic ethno state on the same land. It won’t end until one group gets wiped out.

The reason ancient wars killed all the men and raped the women was to completely erase a people. With wars not being fought like that now, I expect the conflict to go on forever.

xtsho

Yep, I think rape is very disturbing. Systemic rape with a nation applauding that to the 67% level is WAY disturbing. And ought to be punished by immediate instant karma.

My ex-wife was raped before I married her, and then, years later, engaged in a cultural support gathering on a regular basis in the local jail, meetings held for First Nations people, with cultural foods, etc., and one of the fellows who had raped her, a repeat offender who'd also raped a clerk at a quick-stop and broken her arm during a robbery, would sit in those meetings with a leering grin, staring intensely at my ex-wife.

I sent a message through an intermediary who was in jail with the offender in reference. The message read, "When you get out, you don't live in Fairbanks." A very decipherable double-entendre message, meaning, if you stay in Fairbanks when you get out, you won't live..

I completely understood JKD's analogy. Completely understood it.

I was referring to your reactions when in two incidents I'm familiar with, one involving redneck laws in general, you've had quizzical reactions to others mentioning sex in whatever capacity, whether sexual assault, or consensual anal sex involving two consenting adults, even in a marriage.

I've noted it and found it odd... if not illuminating to some limited degree.

No deflections required.

Your reply makes absolutely no sense regarding my response to another poster.

There's also that subtle reference implying that something happened to me sometime in my life because you took a non-reaction on my part and made it something more than it was. But whatever, it's the internet.

moose eater

To be fair, when the Jews rolled in to Palestine their mental condition had to be shit. Fresh out of auschwitz, and 6,000,000 people light.

Sociologically, there are two groups that both want to have a theocratic ethno state on the same land. It won’t end until one group gets wiped out.

The reason ancient wars killed all the men and raped the women was to completely erase a people. With wars not being fought like that now, I expect the conflict to go on forever.
The boundaries were established in 1948. All that is necessary for it to 'end' is for the opportunistic powers with ulterior motives for supporting the land thieves to acknowledge their criminality, whether by force or by logic, and back the fuck away, apologizing for having facilitated this bullshit for 76 years. And I strongly suspect that time is finally on its way. Just a matter of the speed with which it arrives. "The whole world is watching."

I told this to a group of adolescents one day in a residential home I worked in many years ago; I was born dead with a cord wrapped around my neck, blue, my father punched my mother in the belly when I was in the womb, he was violent ex-cop and probation officer and later a drug salesman for a large pharmaceutical outfit, and she turned into a depressed pill-head and quasi-alcoholic after his death, I worked farms starting at age 9, hit the highway by thumb at age 13, the same year I started dealing hash, weed, and acid, but if any of you think this sad story gives me privilege to walk into the grocery store and shove people out of my way with my elbows so I can have first dibs on some fresh produce, then you've got life and fairness entirely confused with shit that's going to end up -really- poorly for you.

And not all of the Jews who headed for Israel in 1948 were recently released from Auschwitz. Many came from the US. Who also said they didn't want them, among other nations who basically said the same.

Again, give a listen to Avi Shlaim. A Jewish Arab, born in Iraq, and moved to the then-new State of Israel with his father in 1948.

moose eater

There's also that subtle reference implying that something happened to me sometime in my life because you took a non-reaction on my part and made it something more than it was. But whatever, it's the internet.
I'm not at all surprised. I was replying to you, both in the context of your reply to me, as well as your reply to the other poster. If there's a block there, I'm sure thinking on it will help you get to the context and meaning.

moose eater

I made no insinuations, by the way, that something had happened to you earlier in life. I simply noted what I regarded as a strange reaction when others approach that subject. The source of it, I have no idea. Maybe you do? Just stated I noted the reaction as unusual. That was it.

RobFromTX

If you're not here to bash jews......or the american white locust............ then youre going to find this thread a very hostile place friend

moose eater

If you're not here to bash jews......or the american white locust............ then youre going to find this thread a very hostile place friend
Is over-simplification to the point of inaccuracy and absurdity now your newest skill set, Rob?

Edit: By the way, I just referred to a well-known Jewish scholar on the subject matter, Avi Shlaim.

moose eater

😅 nah just a general observation brother moose
You might want to have your lenses checked then.

Because those of us in serious opposition to the militant Zionist war criminals have said nothing negative about the Jewish faith in general, and some/many of us affiliate with and reference many Jewish people in posts as supporters of the Palestinians, such as Rabbi Weiss, and others, and some of that faith who are not militant Zionist supporters, and have kept the commentary to the specific crimes and history as stated.

Again, over-generalizations on your part to the point of inaccuracy and absurdity, as though trying hard to pin a victim badge where one doesn't belong. The classic victim-for-profit shit that skews the reality and which people like Bibi have manipulated and played for years.

GenghisKush

Psst. I think Moose has me on block. Feel free to repost, etc. if so inclined.

1727899129529.png