What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

JKD

Veteran
Bad move for Iran.

And those against the US and Israel, the actions of Iran are going to hurt those of their own people the most.

Stupid is as stupid does.
You should let a guy rape you if the consequence of fighting back is the chance of getting killed. That is how I see that argument.

‘Spread the other cheek’.

Last edited:

JKD

Veteran
The US could prevent escalation by putting conditions on the use of their weapons in the same way they do with Ukraine. But they don’t.

moose eater

The US could prevent escalation by putting conditions on the use of their weapons in the same way they do with Ukraine. But they don’t.
By both US and international laws, as well as treaties the US voluntarily entered into, it's already a war crime to be sending Israel weapons at this point. I've spoken with my legislators' offices in DC about this numerous times. They don't say it outright to me on the phone, but they really don't give a fuck.

I've reminded them via their aids that if their vacation plans involve international travel, that there are over 140 signers/nations that are party to those treaties and laws, and that the ICJ can, at any time, issue red notices for anyone involved in such violations, and have them arrested and put on trial at The Hague.

Same reasons Kissinger rarely traveled to much of South or Central America. Oligarchs and their hand-puppets don't do well on prison food, or behind steel bars. Their stockbrokers are much harder to reach, too. And there's a shortage of decent caviar from what I gather.

Do I think many of those countries would risk the ramifications that might arise from arresting our Prez, let alone congress members? Likely not. But I do recall some on the tarmac in the UK trying to serve indictments on GW for his war crimes in Iraq.

And a guy can always hope, right? I mean, I know what the laws say, but I also know that very few people are ticketed for going over 55 mph on the freeway too.

Jail them all and execute them. Make the world a better and prettier place.

Edit: Though I don't believe The Hague issues many death sentences these days, either.

Last edited:

Hiddenjems

Again, to clarify, there were no Palestinians on those planes on 9/11. They were primarily our 'good friends', the Saudis, and even partially funded by a member of the Saudi Royal Family. A family which, overall, is far more secular, by the way.
I’m comparing attitudes in the Muslim world to Americans with a Palestine flag in their twitter bio.

GenghisKush

If the man shown here were a Jew rather than a Palestinian, this would be the most popular viral video in the world, right now.

Everything about this is deeply tragic.

moose eater

I’m comparing attitudes in the Muslim world to Americans with a Palestine flag in their twitter bio.
You're then comparing people living in mostly middle or upper-middle class lifestyles in relative comfort with people who are often hardened by daily bloodshed, loss of much of what was dear to them, invaded by superior forces for decades, and a movable war zone, etc..

The combat vets I knew in the 70s in Upper Peninsula Michigan were scorched earth people, many of them. My surrogate family member, Jojo, who I would later meet again in Haines, Alaska, and as we were walking down the road the summer of 1981, with a pick-up load of rednecks giving him shit about his hair, etc. taking a 4-inch Buck knife from his pocket and daring the 6 or 7of the guys. No backing down, no bumper sticker wars.

Though my tiredness of abuses and excesses came from a different place than his, there are many of us who come to a point that we just don't give a fuck anymore and are the wrong people to piss off with mindless boundary violations.

Those who have been closer to death, or have lost a lot in life, etc., don't play games as much as yuppie college kids, and they don't express the refusal to eat shit the same either.

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran
nope. exactly what did the Democrats do in an attempt to stop GOP voters from going to the polls and voting ? still waiting...:whistle:
they stopped their own voters by purging democrat registered voters in areas where bernie would have won to protect HRC for starters

they argued in court they reserve the right to rig their own primaries and pick the candidate if they so choose

Last edited:

Hiddenjems

You're then comparing people living in mostly middle or upper-middle class lifestyles in relative comfort with people who are often hardened by daily bloodshed, loss of much of what was dear to them, invaded by superior forces for decades, and a movable war zone, etc..

The combat vets I knew in the 70s in Upper Peninsula Michigan were scorched earth people, many of them. My surrogate family member, Jojo, who I would later meet again in Haines, Alaska, and as we were walking down the road the summer of 1981, with a pick-up load of rednecks giving him shit about his hair, etc. taking a 4-inch Buck knife from his pocket and daring the 6 or 7of the guys. No backing down, no bumper sticker wars.

Though my tiredness of abuses and excesses came from a different place than his, there are many of us who come to a point that we just don't give a fuck anymore and are the wrong people to piss off with mindless boundary violations.

Those who have been closer to death, or have lost a lot in life, etc., don't play games as much as yuppie college kids, and they don't express the refusal to eat shit the same either.
Do you believe that people act on different drivers in different societies, tat there are societies of very different people all around the world? Or, that people are all basically driven by the same things across culture?

I’m not assigning blame, very often it is things out of their control that shape their behavior.

Hiddenjems

What 'lil maga means to say is: there are very bad people on both sides.
The “both sides” hoax has been verified false.

I didn’t understand with trump vs Clinton, and I still fail to understand now. Similar to Hilary Clinton, trump has plenty of provable true bad actions. Putting false accusations up against either just strengthens their case that “it’s all made up”.

When some of it is made up, like the hunter Biden laptop being Russian disinformation, and the “both sides” hoax it gives them something to point at as provably false.

moose eater

Do you believe that people act on different drivers in different societies, tat there are societies of very different people all around the world? Or, that people are all basically driven by the same things across culture?

I’m not assigning blame, very often it is things out of their control that shape their behavior.
I believe life experiences drive behaviors and tolerances (or lack thereof) at least as much as culture.

Having neighbors who've stayed in Muslim countries, including Gaza and Pakistan's tribal outlands, I know the hospitality and kindness they were treated with. No warrior attitudes expressed toward them whatsoever. They were protected, treated with utmost hospitality and respect, and fed well. But they weren't there to undermine, nationalize in the name of the red-white-and-blue at the barrel-point of an M4, or seize control or power, either.

Last edited: