What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

Hiddenjems

I helped hook up a truck to the trailer hitch of a mobile home one day, involving non-paying tenants, and we hauled 'the home' away. Problem solved. (That was in Spokane Washington, by the way, during grad school at EWU, and I was helping my neighbor resolve his 'problem'. And yes, I was armed).

But the scenario you've presented doesn't involve 76 years of nationalist land theft, seldom prosecuted raping and pillaging, unanswered murders, and more.
Go back farther than 75 years, who had the land then?

All land on earth was owned at one time by people no longer living there.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
While I fully support the 2nd amendment, the better ccw classes spend more time on de-escalation than firing the weapon. I wish more people educated themselves.

I support the Second Amendment.

I understand that lethal force is necessary at times.

I think people use it much more than necessary.

Especially if they're from the USA.

PS Got a problem? Kill it!

moose eater

Go back farther than 75 years, who had the land then?

All land on earth was owned at one time by people no longer living there.
Preceding the 76 years that was the moment of the Nakba, the land was occupied by Christians, Muslims, and Jews, with very few problems en mass.

And again, the reality has nothing to do with who said what, but rather legal documents and the decisions of empowered legal bodies. And they've determined that Palestine belongs to the Palestinians, not Israel.

And at this point, Israel has been given 6 months from the date of the ICJ decision to clear their 780,000 raping, thieving, murdering, criminal squatters out of the West Bank.

My hope would be that at the 6-month mark, an international force made up from various sources would go in and help the slackers with their Mayflower moving van expeditions.

Hiddenjems

Preceding the 76 yeasr that was the momentof the Nakba, the land was occupied by Christians, Muslims, and Jews,with very few problems en mass.

And again, the reality has nothing to do with who said what, but rather legal documents and the decisions of empowered legal bodies. And they've determined that Palestine belongs to the Palestinians, not Israel.

And at this point, Israel has been given 6 months from the date of the ICJ decision to clear their 780,000 criminal squatters out of the West Bank.

My hope would be that at the 6-month mark, an international force made up from various sources would go in and help the slackers with their Mayflower moving van expeditions.

Once again this situation is more complicated than most discussions go about.

Is it wrong that Israel pushed out the Palestinians from land they started to occupy 70 years ago by mass murder, definitely. But what happens to the world map when 70 year old land claims become valid? Does Germany get France back?

moose eater

How many different Native American tribes killed over Pennsylvania? Which of those tribes should get the land back?
The UN has recognized the SCOTUS ruling in Cherokee v Georgia, which recognized the US native tribes as "interdependent domestic sovereign nations.' Thereby the native tribes covered by that ruling and its expanded interpretation have status and standing at the UN.

Unlike the Israeli militant Zionists in Palestine illegally, the UN didn't order non-natives off the lands.

moose eater

Is it wrong that Israel pushed out the Palestinians from land they started to occupy 70 years ago by mass murder, definitely. But what happens to the world map when 70 year old land claims become valid? Does Germany get France back?
Your assertion that Israel was pushed off lands 76 years ago by way of murder by Palestinians is fallacy. At best.

Hiddenjems

Your assertion that Israel was pushed off lands 76 years ago by way of murder by Palestinians is fallacy. At best.
It was the Palestinians that were pushed out. But that was 70 years ago, to long for recourse in my book.

Curious as to what your statute of limitations is on land occupancy?

moose eater

The videos I posted above are by a recognized Brit Jew and expert in the subject who was moved to the NEW state of Israel from their home in Iraq by his father, where he had been living as an Iraqi Jew. You might want to listen to what Avi has to say about that time.

moose eater

It was the Palestinians that were pushed out. But that was 70 years ago, to long for recourse in my book.

Curious as to what your statute of limitations is on land occupancy?
The Palestinians have plead over and over again at the UN for support and resolution. You know who has used their unilateral veto authority to quash all but ONE resolution scolding Israel?

It's not that they didn't pursue it, it's that the US helped their pleas to be ignored.

And the land theft continues to this day.

Not to re-mention that the ICJ, the legal body in this case, has ruled that the occupations are illegal.

And again, the land theft and occupations (as well as other heinous crimes) clearly didn't end 76 years ago, they have flourished year after year. There's no meaningful or applicable statute of limitations for ongoing criminal behavior.

moose eater

Oh, by the way, for some sex crimes and murder, in many places there's NO statute of limitations. Best to simply not engage in those behaviors, especially in THOSE places.

Hiddenjems

The Palestinians have plead over and over again at the UN for support and resolution. You know who has used their unilateral veto authority to quash all but ONE resolution scolding Israel?

It's not that they didn't pursue it, it's that the US helped their pleas to be ignored.

And the land theft continues to this day.

Not to re-mention that the ICJ, the legal body in this case, has ruled that the occupations are illegal.

And again, the land theft and occupations (as well as other heinous crimes) clearly didn't end 76 years ago, they have flourished year after year. There's no meaningful or applicable statute of limitations for ongoing criminal behavior.
I’m aware of all the info you posted, and it doesn’t answer my question.

How long does a group have to make a claim on land taken from them by another group? I’m genuinely curious what your cutoff is

Does Britain have a claim on the east coast?

moose eater

I’m aware of all the info you posted, and it doesn’t answer my question.

How long does a group have to make a claim on land taken from them by another group? I’m genuinely curious what your cutoff is

Does Britain have a claim on the east coast?
That's not an applicable question in this case; the land thefts and other seriously heinous crimes continue to this very day.

But if it's MY land, then until the Sun supernovas, just as if someone killed my family member or raped my mother with 100% certainty in the facts and evidence; there'd be no statute of limitations in MY actions. And I'd make sure the outcomes were remembered for generations... for the living, at least.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
But if it's MY land, then until the Sun supernovas, just as if someone killed my family member or raped my mother with 100% certainty in the facts and evidence; there'd be no statute of limitations in MY actions. And I'd make sure the outcomes were remembered for generations... for the living, at least.

Sounds just like both sides...