What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

moose eater

I'm not preaching patience.

I'm pointing out hypocrisy.

If you didn't like it happening to you then why do it to someone else?

Certainly not with an intention of stopping it.
Maybe you missed the role of those involved?

Settlers are not civilians, and IDF/Mossad/Israel are perpetrators in this gig, as the ICC has more recently ruled.

The hypocrisy you claim to confront is opportunistically in your mind alone and aimed at bolstering your position, which lacks basic fundamental reality and truth..

The hypocrisy involves you wanting others to believe that if it was your home and family, you'd sit and sing Kumbaya... as long as it's not Ukraine.

moose eater

A basic reality and fundamental truth is that people don't like being killed.

Maybe you should grasp a hold on your bloodlust.

:dunno:
Perhaps Israel ought to have thought about that a bit more in 1948 and since. You can't smack others around and steal their stuff, killing their families, and then, because of control over propaganda and airwaves, claim to be a victim because of what happened before in Europe.. It doesn't sell like that to people with their eyes open. Maybe open yours.

It ain't my bloodlust as much as it's your convenient situational and selective pacifism at issue here.

My 'lust' to see justice done to the Israeli criminals is heightened and piqued by those who quash any form of justice for them. That'd be your government, and in some respects, people like you.

moose eater

Oh I believe in justice.

I also believe that bloodthirsty people have given us this problem.
Thieving people with a vengeance opportunistically delivered to those who hadn't earned it is exactly what kicked this off. (the European immigrant Jews to the 'new' State of Israel brought it to the Palestinians and other residents in Palestine). Fully documented.

Putting down a rabid dog isn't being bloodthirsty or evidence of a bloodlust. It's making sure that dog doesn't bite or infect someone else.

If you're preventing the rabid dog from being held accountable and being put down, then you're part of the problem.

moose eater

Genocide is a pretty common idea right now.

Being held accountable is ever so slightly different from eradication.
Maybe you missed that poll not long ago wherein 97% of Israelis believed in the militant (heretical) 'Zionism' being perpetrated in the decimation and mass serial murder in Gaza/Palestine.

Even Israelis ought to be held accountable for their politics and actions. So should the USA.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable." (JFK)

moose eater

Kill away.

But please don't drag a brighter person into darkness.
Anyone dragging others into darkness has been done by the Israelis claiming to be God's Chosen, and justifying their crimes, while projecting them onto Palestinians, when the evidence says those crimes are primarily of the Israelis, both settlers and formal military

moose eater

The field of battle is not a music venue.
Never said it was. It's you who seems to want Palestine to eat shit while Israel works toward their long-awaited stale and disingenuous promises of ... nothing much real or good.

And it has been Israel who has worked toward a real definable genocide. By definition.

moose eater

Justifying killing is in the eye of the killer.

Maybe a good start to not killing would be to not kill?
Noice flowery presentation, though hypocritical as usual in light of your stance on Ukraine in the not-so-distant past.

Maybe not stealing and murdering in the first place would alleviate some of that violence.

But the -law- (you know, what we profess to live by in most cases) says that the defender can legally take out the offender with terminal or equal force. International law, federal law, and most state and local laws recognize Castle Doctrine. Whether comfortable or not, perhaps you ought to consider that in the flowery, twice-removed-from-their very real hardships world which you pontificate from.

moose eater

You seriously think I am taking sides?!?!

They're both wrong and you aren't right.

If killing isn't working then don't do it.
The implicit minimizations of Israel's actions in the past, your consuming and regurgitating the Israeli/US State Dept propaganda as though it were fact when it was not, and more, tells me there's far more to your position than you are willing to admit. Perhaps even to yourself.

So yeah, you've taken sides, even if only implicitly.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Ukraine and Russia are at war... with soldiers.... on the field of battle.

Hamas killed innocent civilians and took some hostage. Israel is bombing innocent civilians.

You probably don't see the difference.

You might be giddy with the bloodshed.

I'd recommend that you don't get carried away, but I think you are pretty well stuck on the idea.

moose eater

Ukraine and Russia are at war... with soldiers.... on the field of battle.

Hamas killed innocent civilians and took some hostage. Israel is bombing innocent civilians.

You probably don't see the difference.

You might be giddy with the bloodshed.

I'd recommend that you don't get carried away, but I think you are pretty well stuck on the idea.
I'm 'stuck on the idea' of a Country that's been abused by two major powers, kicking those individuals hard enough in the shins to make them not want to ever pull that bullshit again.

By the way, who are these 'innocent people' in Israel? Are they the ones who merely voted for Bibi? Are they the ones who take advantage of the Palestinians' homes, either reducing them to rubble or moving into them in the West Bank? Are they the ones who merely tell lies to deflect and project their nation's own crimes onto Palestinians? Aer they the ones that might one day pull the weaselly Nuremburg line and say, "I was under orders"?

Who are these innocents?

If you're tolerating such a government and not taking actions to make things right, then your innocence is forfeited.

Latest posts

Latest posts