What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

Roms

from the future
Veteran
1702560641289.png

1702560723775.png

PetePrice

Think the above is actually from the Summer rains 2006 but same actions now from the US/UK, pretty odd in the UK now as it starts to look bad what has gone on that the gov't here suddenly appears to change tact so that they don't look bad. Same as it ever was.

moose eater

god damn even Canada is fucked.Thats absolutley disgusting
Their most recent Charter of Rights was passed in 1983, after which the Powers that Be began very shortly thereafter dismantling or 'revising' specific aspects (much of that to do with privacy or autonomy, and making exceptions for firearms issues... then later more issues).

But it's still a great Country with lots of places to be relatively left alone; the fascists and power-grabbers are still in the minority there.

moose eater

this is a good interview, i'm surprised to say. i need time to process, but i have some thoughts in response.
I left this and other news this morning at a pro-Zionist site that swallows the IDF/Mossad propaganda like drinking water.

Let's just say that most of my 'educational gifts' I left there were not received well, and lots of flames ensued.

However, this and Jeremy Scahill's article received no similar assaults (thus far), and I believe it's because of the length each of them goes to in capturing the details to support their perspectives, which, upon thorough review are unimpeachable.

And it was Scahill who seriously outed Obama's illegal use of drone-fired missiles into questionable targets in Pakistan. For that alone, Scahill has had my ear and eye for years.

GenghisKush

However, this and Jeremy Scahill's article received no similar assaults (thus far), and I believe it's because of the length each of them goes to in capturing the details to support their perspectives, which, upon thorough review are unimpeachable.
I certainly wouldn't go that far. In the early part of that Norman Finkelstein interview he discusses his view that Zionism is an inversion of the Jewish Question, and that's how and why he opposes it. This happens to be the thesis he defended for his PhD dissertation at Princeton (I can send you a link to the pdf of the text if you like). I think this thesis is eminently impeachable, and I mean to discuss it some here. I think (but am not sure) that the rest of his analysis of Israel/Palistine is built upon that thesis.

shithawk420

Veteran
Their most recent Charter of Rights was passed in 1983, after which the Powers that Be began very shortly thereafter dismantling or 'revising' specific aspects (much of that to do with privacy or autonomy, and making exceptions for firearms issues... then later more issues).

But it's still a great Country with lots of places to be relatively left alone; the fascists and power-grabbers are still in the minority there.
From what ive seen and heard Canada is a great country with great people. Its too bad i cant just visit because i got a DUI on a pit bike in the middle of nowhere. Also look at my avi. I love Canada. Too cold though. I just moved to Iowa next to the MISS River.its about as cold as i can stand.Its been nice as hell though.almost got to 50 today!

moose eater

I certainly wouldn't go that far. In the early part of that Norman Finkelstein interview he discusses his view that Zionism is an inversion of the Jewish Question, and that's how and why he opposes it. This happens to be the thesis he defended for his PhD dissertation at Princeton (I can send you a link to the pdf of the text if you like). I think this thesis is eminently impeachable, and I mean to discuss it some here. I think (but am not sure) that the rest of his analysis of Israel/Palistine is built upon that thesis.
I've posted at least one link to a rabbi discussing the Zionist imposition in Palestine as counter to their religion's edicts for equating the promise of God returning them to Jerusalem/Palestine, versus them taking those places through military force, wherein they have perpetrated very similar crimes against Palestinians as the Nazis perpetrated against the Jews.

Not sure if that's linked at all to what you're saying?

Reminds me of the King James Bible 'quote' by Jesus, who is alleged to have said, in confrontation of zealots and heretics, something to the effect of, "and on that day, many will claim my name, but I will not know them."

Zealots and theocrats often become so full of themselves that they forget where their religion states the judgement and power actually rests.

Last edited:

moose eater

From what ive seen and heard Canada is a great country with great people. Its too bad i cant just visit because i got a DUI on a pit bike in the middle of nowhere. Also look at my avi. I love Canada. Too cold though. I just moved to Iowa next to the MISS River.its about as cold as i can stand.Its been nice as hell though.almost got to 50 today!
Canada's serious about previous DUI's, but really any criminal arrests in your past, to include previous cannabis offenses/convictions, even after their nat'l legalization.

But they also have nearly as many micro-climates as Alaska does, with Northwest Territories, Yukon Territory, Nunavut, etc. being the more extreme and 'arid' (or, used to be more arid, before shifts in climate, much like Interior Alaska).

Latest posts

Latest posts