What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Calling it a counteroffensive is proof enough for me.

I think it's a case of terrorism vs. terrorism and you see one side as justified.

I don't wish death upon anyone on either side and see any killing as working across purpose.

Cannavore

Veteran
I didn't get enough traumatic brain injuries to think that innocent people deserve to die for headlines and attention.

That's called terrorism.
technically under international law, israeli settlers aren't innocent. they are complicit in war crimes. illegal settlements amount to a war crime.
often times they are protected and endorsed by the state to commit violence against palestinians to claim their land.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
technically under international law, israeli settlers aren't innocent. they are complicit in war crimes. illegal settlements amount to a war crime.
often times they are protected and endorsed by the state to commit violence against palestinians to claim their land.

Better wipe them out then.

GenghisKush

"we did not want to harm civilians" is a weird interpretation of genocide.

For historical context: The Nazis went to great lengths to assure the world that they did not want to harm civilians amid their genocide.

Cannavore

Veteran
For historical context: The Nazis went to great lengths to assure the world that they did not want to harm civilians amid their genocide.

And yet it's the zionists propaganda of today that most closely resembles nazi propaganda of yesteryear.

Cannavore

Veteran
it's nearly logistically impossible for hamas or palestinians in general to "genocide" israelis. they have no infrastructure, standing army, money, half the population of gaza are children, they have nothing.

palestinians have a right to defend themselves. israel does not.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It wasn't planned

It takes a while to learn how to fly a paraglider so I assume that there was, at the least, training inherent.

It's a likely a rare situation to be paragliding with your weapon and ammunition and then see your buddies that just happened to be paragliding with their weapons and ammunition in the same direction towards the same location with no planning involved.

Avoiding civilians doesn't usually include taking them hostage or executing them now and later.

igrowone

Veteran
if i steal your home and commit crimes against you and your family, and you show back up with guns to take your home back, is my right of self defense justified?
I don't disagree with a good deal of what you've posted, only that it's easy for anger to make for extremes in rhetoric
at some point the shooting will curtail, and the world will consider what to do
a clear head will be better than an enraged one

Latest posts

Latest posts