What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

right

21-year-old Barack Obama believed that being gay was a way to detach from reality, and told an ex-girlfriend that he had fantasies of “making love to men”.
In a letter written to his college girlfriend, Alex McNear, in November 1982, the former president of the United States mused on homosexuality and gender.
Obama also spoke about his “androgynous” mind and hopes to see people as humans, not through the lens of binary gender categories.

McNear, who dated Obama during his year at Occidental College in Los Angeles, later redacted these paragraphs from the letter.
However, the 40-year-old letter has resurfaced in historian David Garrow’s biography “Rising Star: The Making of Barack Obama”.
The letter is currently owned by Emory University, which doesn’t allow anyone to photograph or remove it. To bypass this, Garrow’s friend Harvey Klehr transcribed the paragraphs by hand and sent them to the author.
Klehr provided the concealed section of the letter to The New York Post.

The 44th US president and first Black president wrote: “In regard to homosexuality, I must say that I believe this is an attempt to remove oneself from the present, a refusal perhaps to perpetuate the endless farce of earthly life.
“You see, I make love to men daily, but in the imagination.”
He also wrote about his conflicting thoughts on gender: “My mind is androgynous to a great extent and I hope to make it more so until I can think in terms of people, not women as opposed to men.
Advertisement Remove ads

“But, in returning to the body, I see that I have been made a man, and physically in life, I choose to accept that contingency.”
In response to the revealed contents of the letter, Garrow asserted that there was nothing atypical about young Obama’s sexual fantasies.
He told The Post: “As a historian and not a psychologist, I observe that it’s well-known that a significant majority of individuals have their share of sexual fantasies.”

Barack Obama’s record on LGBTQ+ rights​

As president, Obama made some significant strides in advancing LGBTQ+ rights in the US.

In 2009, he signed a federal law which criminalised attacks based on the victim’s actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity as hate crimes.
A year later, he repealed the discriminatory Don’t Ask Don’t Tell law, which allowed gay, lesbian, and bisexual Americans to serve openly in the Armed Forces.
Obama’s 2010 flagship Affordable Care Act reportedly made it easier for people living with HIV and AIDS to obtain private medical insurance, and supported efforts to ban conversion therapy against minors
Advertisement Remove ads

Despite declaring that “I don’t think marriage is a civil right” in 2004, Obama also said he didn’t think homosexuality was a choice. Then, during his second presidential term, he celebrated the legalisation of same-sex marriage after the US Supreme Court struck down all state bans on same-sex marriage in 2015 and legalised same-sex unions in all 50 states.
Obama also signed an executive order in 2014, protecting LGBTQ+ people from workplace discrimination, and ordered schools to allow transgender and gender non-conforming young people to use the bathroom facilities that align with their gender identity.
The rights of trans youth in particular have been sadly rolled back in Republican-controlled states across the US.
Obama, a father of two, has been married to his wife Michelle since

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
So you don't believe that Michelle Obama is a man but Barack is definitely gay in your mind?

I figured that the new claim was made to back up the Michelle's a dude bullshit...

Is Emory University going to publish the letter or exhibit it for evaluation?

You certainly don't have any certainty regarding authenticity and you are already convinced.

right

Well I admit when I'm wrong. I got you on the obama is gay . You should be the bigger man. And admit that you are wrongIn fact I just admitted to audiholi or what is his name that I was mistaken

right

You absolutely do not have any fact that Obama is gay.

My point is that you are convinced by propaganda and very easily so.

Do you believe that Trump won in 2020?
No but I do believe that biden has the same God like media coverage that Kim Yung Une
has in North Korea, giving him an extremely unfair advantage. While at the same time Trump is hitler

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
You keep trying to get me to believe that you don't support Trump.

You obviously do.

The fact is that he is an authoritarian dictator.

Biden is as old and in the way as much as Trump is... but he's not a fascist.

Hitler was a lot smarter than Trump.

right

I don't support Trump he has always been the lesser of two evils, I don't believe either was very intelligent. Trump is not a fascist but an out of touch billionaire. Hitler had good advise, and all of his mistakes were against the advise of his betters

right

If media coverage is beneficial for an election then Trump's got it hands down.

He thinks it's pretty cool too.
The media has demonized Trump. I have absolutely advocated for an alternative. A Republican alternative. Even a libertarian if they can actually get elected.

right

Wait Mr Mustard let's pick this up tomorrow I do enjoy debating say mid morning California time. I will work on more if you like?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
The media has demonized Trump.

Because the truth hurts his feelings?

The guy tried to destroy the country and succeeded in dividing the people farther than we have been in a century.

Someone pointing out the truth is one thing... whining about hoaxes and witch hunts while indictments and evidence abound is another.

right

Because the truth hurts his feelings?

The guy tried to destroy the country and succeeded in dividing the people farther than we have been in a century.

Someone pointing out the truth is one thing... whining about hoaxes and witch hunts while indictments and evidence abound is another.
Trump did divide