What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

greyfader

Ivan Popov, fired for telling the truth.

1689618438037.png

However, on 11 July milblogger Telegram channel VChK-OGPU reported that Popov had been relieved of command for requesting the rotation of units out of the frontline.[12] On the next day, State Duma deputy Andrey Gurulyov published a message from Popov explaining the reasons for his dismissal.[13]

Popov declared that Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov dismissed him over his concerns for troops fighting without rest and criticism of Russian battlefield strategy.[14][15] In response to Popov's criticisms, Gerasimov accused him of "engaging disinformation in panic."[16] Popov indirectly accused Gerasimov and Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu of betraying Russian soldiers on the battlefield by failing to provide sufficient support and raised questions about "the lack of counter-battery fire, the absence of artillery radars and the mass deaths and injuries of our brothers from enemy artillery."[17][18] Popov finished his message by exhorting his soldiers to continue the fight to defeat the Ukrainian counteroffensive "in the name of the blood spilled by soldiers and officers."[16] State Duma Defense Committee Chairman Andrey Kartapolov responded to Popov's message with the statement that Popov's criticisms would be taken seriously and acted upon.[19]

entropical

Veteran
It's almost as if you don't understand what which side is fighting for.

I would expect both old and women to fight for their freedom.

If some dictator wanted me to fight for antiquated idealism to bring back days of terror, I would pass.
Should have thought about that before putting the eastern ukranian population through 8 years of Nazi terror. It is almost as if you have never been to Ukraine, and here you are expecting their old and their women to fight the russian army when they run out of men.

So these 70-plussers and fanatical women, they will do a better job than the men who’s corpses are out rotting on the Lend Lease grave yard with tonnes of burned out western military equipment?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Should have thought about that before putting the eastern ukranian population through 8 years of Nazi terror.

Nazi terror? You mean the fallout from the last invasion?

It is almost as if you have never been to Ukraine, and here you are expecting their old and their women to fight the russian army when they run out of men.

I haven't been to Ukraine. I expect any human being to fight for their freedom.

So these 70-plussers and fanatical women, they will do a better job than the men who’s corpses are out rotting on the Lend Lease grave yard with tonnes of burned out western military equipment?

Yes I would expect a living human to be better at pretty much everything compared to a corpse.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Obviously Putin is pushing for the reunification of the USSR and is determined to reestablish influence on Eastern Europe.

He was likely attempting another Yalta Conference but can't involve large military powers without NATO getting involved.... I think he was assuming that talks would be drawn up right away.

It's pathetic that they don't have a plan.

I'm going to guess that surrender and withdrawal aren't in his vocabulary and, since slaughtering people doesn't leave a bad taste in his mouth, I expect to see serious mistakes being made very soon.

The Ukrainian people are fighting back because they have been invaded and their statehood is under threat of being destroyed.

Russia is trying to make Stalinism cool again.

Nobody else wants that... with the exception of the people who think that authoritarian nationalism and militaristic bullying is cool.

So pretty much just MAGA and Nazis... and Putin.

Here's a free update.

Is there a way to view it? (free)

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Is there a way to view it? (free) I could not see one.

Here's a less than sparkling review:

"Europa The Last Battle is an antisemitic, World War II revisionist film released in 2017 that claims Jews deliberately caused both World Wars--and that Hitler was only trying to save Germany from the Jews--as part of a plot to found the nation of Israel. The film is popular with white supremacists and antisemites, who often use it to recruit new individuals into their hateful ideology."

entropical

Veteran
completely ridiculous. what patriotism fills the hearts of squirrels and birds? It is difficult for me to believe that you ever partook of cannabis.
Blood alone fills the heart. Do you mean to say that squirrels and birds do not defend their blood? They do, of course. You can learn alot from the animal kingdom, take this Donbass Lion for instance.

And there is the animal kingdom analogy for this war in Ukraine.