What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

greyfader

Pretty soon there will be piles of ammo with no Ukrainians left to use them.

The goal is to transfer as many taxpayer dollars to defense contractors as possible. The billions America is “sending” Ukraine are mostly going to U.S. defense contractors and corrupt officials on both ends.
so, i don't think anyone approves of the military-industrial complex but every country has one, including Russia.

based on that, it seems rather difficult to draw a distinction as to which is more evil.

i'm curious about what you think should happen in Ukraine, at this point in time and with this existing situation.

should ukraine just surrender? or should the existing battle lines be frozen and everyone live with the results forever? a ceasefire and freeze lines? should Russia leave Ukraine and allow the borders to return to pre-feb 24, 2022?

what do you think should be done right now to resolve the situation and stop the killing?

Hiddenjems

I think what should happen in Ukraine should be up to Ukraine and Russia.

I’m willing to listen to anyone explain to me how the us involvement prevented Ukrainian deaths. They could have lost this war months ago and stopped the killing.

entropical

Veteran
Pretty soon there will be piles of ammo with no Ukrainians left to use them.

The goal is to transfer as many taxpayer dollars to defense contractors as possible. The billions America is “sending” Ukraine are mostly going to U.S. defense contractors and corrupt officials on both ends.
In US occupied Germany NATO is giving mobilized 70-year olds light speed courses on handling western military equipment:

Hiddenjems

IMG_0075.jpeg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I think what should happen in Ukraine should be up to Ukraine and Russia.

I’m willing to listen to anyone explain to me how the us involvement prevented Ukrainian deaths. They could have lost this war months ago and stopped the killing.
and Russia COULD have retreated back into their own borders pre-annexation of the Crimean peninsula and saved hundreds of thousands of lives and billions of dollars. we ARE leaving it up to Ukraine and Russia...but we are making it as fair a fight as we can. i see that you don't like it when a bully doesn't get their way. 🖕

Hiddenjems

and Russia COULD have retreated back into their own borders pre-annexation of the Crimean peninsula and saved hundreds of thousands of lives and billions of dollars. we ARE leaving it up to Ukraine and Russia...but we are making it as fair a fight as we can. i see that you don't like it when a bully doesn't get their way. 🖕
What I don’t like is telling people we can’t afford healthcare while spending billions funding wars.

It would change my life zero if Russia defeats ukraine, or if ukraine defeats russia. I literally couldn’t care less.

It’s amazing watching the American left rooting for the military industrial complex’s funding. I guess they gave up on progressive principles. Oh well, the machine gets everyone. Just look at aoc.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I guess they gave up on progressive principles.
nope. progressives don't like bullies attacking other folks. they are not mutually exclusive principles.
What I don’t like is telling people we can’t afford healthcare while spending billions funding wars.
i don't like it either. maybe you need to bitch at Russia for starting wars...this is a fight that needed to be fought, whether today or further down the road. why not now? why give Russia more time to develop new weapons and gather strength? fuck 'em...

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran

This has to be the saddest thinking.

What are you doing about that?

It would change my life zero if Russia defeats ukraine, or if ukraine defeats russia.

That's where you are wrong.

I literally couldn’t care less.

I believe you.

Hiddenjems

nope. progressives don't like bullies attacking other folks. they are not mutually exclusive principles.

i don't like it either. maybe you need to bitch at Russia for starting wars...this is a fight that needed to be fought, whether today or further down the road. why not now? why give Russia more time to develop new weapons and gather strength? fuck 'em...
My mother is a haight ashbury 1960’s leftist hippie and left politics over her Democratic Party being corporate warmongers, she is a pacifist. A true progressive.

entropical

Veteran
The people of Crimea voted overwhelmingly to join the Russian Federation after yet another american regime change operation against a sovereign nation, in which your banderite goons started the civil war by shooting and burning people alive, you hypocrite.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
The people of Crimea voted overwhelmingly to join the Russian Federation after yet another american regime change operation against a sovereign nation, in which your banderite goons started the civil war by shooting and burning people alive, you hypocrite.

Nobody believes that those elections were fair or balanced.

Even if they would have voted for Russia to fuck off, the results would mysteriously shown that the people voted to join Russia.

entropical

Veteran
Nobody believes that those elections were fair or balanced.

Even if they would have voted for Russia to fuck off, the results would mysteriously shown that the people voted to join Russia.
Nobody cares about what you think of their elections, and nobody believes that your own elections are fair and balanced so piss off.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Putin has been rigging elections and changing the laws to stay in power for quite some time.

It's not a secret.

To presume that any vote over there is given freely and honestly is ridiculous.

You can try to say that no election is fair or balanced.

You can not say that elections held under duress and gunpoint are fair or balanced.

entropical

Veteran
Putin has been rigging elections and changing the laws to stay in power for quite some time.

It's not a secret.

To presume that any vote over there is given freely and honestly is ridiculous.

You can try to say that no election is fair or balanced.

You can not say that elections held under duress and gunpoint are fair or balanced.
Lmao @ their elections are held at gunpoint and other western propaganda lies.

Putin has a backing of more than 80 percent of the russian people. What sort of popular support does your Biden have?