What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

GenghisKush

I never could understand how any American with even a shred of decency or self-respect could support the man after this.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

GenghisKush

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if we had a hand in setting this thing off. It's been a while since we used brains instead of brute but the skills are still there.
if so, it is a coup of a coup. a square coup. those are rare.
edit: but i have SERIOUS reservations about Wagner, who are well-documented as being very comfortable with nazi ideas, symbols, etc. I'm worried what might come after this period of internal conflict.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
if so, it is a coup of a coup. a square coup. those are rare.
edit: but i have SERIOUS reservations about Wagner, who are well-documented as being very comfortable with nazi ideas, symbols, etc. I'm worried what might come after this period of internal conflict.
If Prigozhin was to seize power, would he be more of a problem than Putin? Could be much worse.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Kimes

b95.jpg

Last edited:

Kimes

If Prigozhin was to seize power, would he be more of a problem than Putin? Could be much worse.
He is a low-class thug like Putin, yet a bit more vocal and crazy I think. I presume that he is not going to rise to the top no matter what. If the russian regime/system survives, it is the old guard FSB'ish elements that hold the threads, Prigo isn't one of them.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Kimes

Your facial expression when you need to tell the public that everything is fine and completely under control, but you are not allowed to leave the apartments and the internet will soon be closed...

:ROFLMAO:

56h.jpg

GenghisKush

That was pretty quietly debunked. On brand, but not true.
I will agree that it was quietly but ineffectively debunked. Upon a quick read of that vox article I saw no evidence or testimony from anyone with any credibility that does anything but bolster the credibility of that reporting published in The Atlantic. Imma go back and read some more but I am dubious of your clam that the reporting is untrue.

edit: OK maybe I might possibly consider believing this guy. MAYBE

Last edited:

greyfader

several news outlets have just announced that the Wagners are turning around as they have brokered some kind of deal with the generals.

greyfader

Everybody has it up now. After all, Prigozhin is a mercenary, which is like a whore!

It would have been better for Ukraine if the Wagners and the Russian army had a bloody, month-long battle on the interstate regardless of who ultimately won it.

But, I don't think it's really over in the long run. Both sides are acting butt hurt. This is probably just a temporary peace between them because of the war.

I can't see Putler just forgetting about it. He has demonstrated vindictiveness in the past.