What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Here is from the peace treaty that Finland signed, in which they agreed ”to make no alliance and to participate in no coalition” as well as to ”not possess, construct or experiment with any atomic weapon, any self-propelled or guided missiles or apparatus connected with their discharge”.

Because Finland decided to cancel this agreement they will have a new russian military district and new army with active attack principle right on their border.

That is a treaty signed 76 years ago at gunpoint after a war that Finland didn´t start. Co-signed with Soviet Union, a country which does not exist anymore. You think that´s null and void?
Obviously not because you post it here thinking this is cancelling an agreement that means something?
Or changes anything?

New military district on our border? What´s wrong with the old one, St. Petersburg military district? Or did they forget they already had one? And the troops in Karelia? Or their navy on the gulf of Finland? Or their northern armies in Murmansk? And northern fleet?

Seems kinda useless to build a new army on the border, when they have all that old shit.
Well, I mean, they used to. There´s less Russian troops now on the Finnish border than ever before. Because they are busy being stuck in Ukraine, or in rotation to replace tired troops and casualties.
And their troops were always more geared towards attacking, because they know Finland is not gonna invade Russia. That would be insane. And this is why our troops have always been preparing for defence. Because you never know with Russia. One day they are cool, next day some Stalin or Putin might wanna fuck around. That´s why we keep a standing army ready, rapid deployment forces, paratroopers, and an active reserve up like 350,000 soldiers. Plus modern jets, tanks, gadgets and all that good war shit. We also have one of the strongest field artillery forces in Europe, and coastal artillery. Because we have to be able to fight, if we aim not to fight. As crazy as it sounds. Big ass army that we hope we don´t have to use. But again, we live on the Russian border, and they tend to bully around their smaller neighbours, which is every neighbour they have, from time to time.

And yea, 350,000 soldiers is a lot of soldiers. Russia could triple that and start a war, if they wanted to. Then they could lose all those troops and send more and keep coming. And they probably would win, eventually. But they have a population of over 140 million, versus our 6,5 - 7 million or something. That´s not a fair fight now is it? Then again, why would anyone start a war or an invasion if they didn´t think they could win it. Think about a fist fight, if you go up against an opponent your size. You could win, you could lose. But if you are an adult man, and you fight a 10 year old kid, you can beat the shit outta the kid with one hand. And that´s smart. And Putin is smart. So he only goes to war against smaller nations with smaller armies. And that should work, on paper. In reality, well, time will tell. So yea, they could invade Finland. But they are not gonna waltz over the border, like it´s nothing. They are struggling against Ukraine, which had to build and train their army on the job training, so to speak. We have a plan in case there´s an invasion from the east. Co-ordinated troops and strategies for max effect to slow down any and all invading armies, by killing em motherfuckers until go back home. We are not expecting a positive outcome, if there´s a war. Because the war would already a negative. We can´t really win, because how can you win against an invasion? But if you can stop it and survive. Then the invasion is a failure, too. Defensive victory, just what I´m hoping will happen in Ukraine.

But yea, that agreement. It´s about as valid and up to date as the agreement I made with my mom when I was like 6 and we agreed Saturdays was the day I could eat all the candy I wanted. And that was it for the whole week. Now I´m a grown man, can buy my own and eat em every day if I want to.
But I´m not gonna, cause it aint good for ya. All that sugar and additives. Not good for dental health either. But I digress..

Yea Russian troops on the border. They´ve been there for over a 100 years, nice that someone else noticed. And for the record, we were gonna stay neutral. Because we are not expecting Russians to start a war against us. But then again, 9-10 years ago, Ukraine wasn´t expecting to fight Russia anytime soon. Before the Russian invasion started, most people in Finland were against joining NATO. Then pretty much over night it went to like 75% of population wanting to join NATO.

Russia has never attacked a NATO country. Because they don´t wanna risk everything.
Meanwhile Russia has been fighting this western aggression and NATO expansion, by bullying and fighting smaller non-NATO countries. Do I need to explain why these countries want to join NATO?

I´m not gonna!

But I´ll say this, I´d still be cool without Finland joining NATO, and I don´t think Russia will ever invade us again, with or without NATO. But if they think for a second, that us joining NATO is a threat. Well maybe for them it is. We just wanna live in peace with our neighbours. Like every good neighbour should. Unless your name Putin, or Bush. Then you gonna do some shit because you can, maybe. Is it right, justified or fair? Of course not, but it´s war. I understand, even if I don´t approve. Only a fool or an idealist would expect a war to be fair and not dirty, and by the done book on both sides. These people won´t be fighting in wars. They have the luxury of watching it happen, and judge it. You go tell some soldier who´s fighting and killing to survive about some old agreement about this and that, and how he´s wrong about something. He had this war coming. And then he´ll shoot you, empty your pockets and leave your body for the rats to eat. Your family gonna bury an empty casket. And no one´s gonna care about opinions on the internet then either. Only your mom will cry. You don´t wanna make your mom cry? I don´t, I don´t want any moms to cry. I don´t wanna kill people or fight in a war.
So yea, we are the bad guys because we dare to join NATO. OK. I don´t care. It´s a counter threat to an already existing threat over here on the buffer zone between east and west.

So if I´m right. Russia ain´t gonna do shit.
And if I´m wrong, they invade us and win? NATO didn´t come help, which means it´s useless and a failure. I´ll be dead too. But that´s cool because I know that all you Pro-Euro Euro bastards who think Putin is fantastic are next. If Russia wins against us, they can steamroll Sweden, because Swede army not that strong or experienced. They are building back up, but it´s gonna take a while. Then they could advance thru Denmark to central Europe, British isles. Maybe Norway, maybe not. Euro armies splintered, no US help. If Putin had a capable army, they could take a big chunk of Europe. Maybe Germany and Brits could put up a fight. I´d be dead so I don´t give a shit by then. Obviously this is wild speculation and most likely never gonna happen.

I hope Putin dies soon and someone more peaceful takes over who can the mistakes this ex-KGB fucker done. We can live in peace and start building our uneasy trust back up. Again. Without being bullied. That would be something new.

Fingers crossed on that last one. I´m not even asking for a specific death for Putin, anything will do. Maybe a piano dropped on his head. Bodyguard poisons his tea. Maybe someone could shoot him. Cancer, heart attack, getting hit by a train. Not too many heads of nations have been hit by trains, I don´t think? That´s one for the history books, any day now. Oooh, or maybe he could go out like Stalin. All alone, on the floor covered in his own pee and shit after he suffers a stroke and can´t call for help. And his staff and bodyguards are instructed never to enter his room, unless called for. So he has 4-5 hours of thinking to do before anyone comes to help him. And then he is gonna die. And people are gonna be relieved and happy he is gone.

One more thing, I can kinda understand being against US government, I mean they´ve done their fair share of dirt around the world, too. But I don´t get how that would make Russia the good guys, by default. They can both do good and bad. It´s just that over here, close to Russia, we seen that Russian way closer than US or NATO aggression or what have you. That doesn´t mean we are siding with US, they are not under any threat they need help with anyways, or against Russia, if they just leave us alone. If they don´t, I hope to have the on our side. To even the odds. We do what we have to, to survive.

One more thing for you guys who think Russia is some last bastion against globalism or NWO or whatever. Maybe it is, in some weird way. That doesn´t make it a good thing. Or even a better thing than what the west has going on. It´s a pipedream, it´s not real. And you can´t make it real by repeating it and believing. Or arguing about it online. Go to Russia, see for yourself. I been there 3 or 4 times, good times. Big country, lots of very different all over the place. Then try to explain some of these theories to people, about how Russia is awesome and free and west is controlled by shadow governments, doing evil shit trying Russia down.

They´ll be like yea, that´s what the government radio says, and the government news paper, and the government web site, and the government tv news, narrated by Miss Moscow 2014 Nadia Simonakova. She is my favourite because aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahm she is a pretty. But whatever.
You´re from the west, and you´re telling me this is true? We live in best on the planet, RUSSIA?!
Then you yea, finally someone agrees and gets it.

Then you go drink vodka and eat cabbage soup and potatoes with, later shoots or drink more vodka.
You´re in promised land. At least until your visa runs out.
And the rest of us brain washed westerners. We can enjoy some peace and quiet online. Especially here on ICmag.

Everybody wins!

No go on, git! Be free!

One more tip for the road. If cops tell you you were speeding, and that´s gonna cost you about 40-50 bucks. Just say you weren´t speeding, and you weren´t even driving. Because cops in Russia are not corrupt at all. They´ll believe you. If not, keep fighting and start an argument. They won´t book you on false charges, before shaking you down for more because you wasted their time. AND IF DO, Russian jails and holding cells are filled fine people. Great! Then go pick a fight with the militia or military, those guys are pros and known for their patience. Oh, one more. Good one. Change some real money to Rubles, then go to a tittie bar and you can make it rain all night. And it will cost you like 25% of what it would cost you in western tittie bars. Russia has some hot chicks, with real titties. Unlike in the west, where tits are now 76% fake, 88% if you go to a US tittie bar. They don´t even have a two drink minimum in most places. Some regular bars will have titties for every to see, for free! That´s the kinda value for money you get in a free country, where people are happy. Not some bullshit $17 per beer night, cause taxes are so fucking high. I´m kinda regretting ever leaving Russia now that I think about it. I could take a train there, 4-5 hours and be St. Petersburg.. But the trains ain´t running. All trade is on hold. Because they attacked Ukraine, and we acted with most of the west and put all trade on hold. Don´t wanna support a government that´s warring around. Or maybe they did because we broke a 76 year old agreement and betrayed em. I forgot my point thinking about titties..

Oh snap! This agreement is six years older than Putin. Maybe he doesn´t know about it? DON´T TELL HIM! He might go to war against us after all. Then I´ll never see titties again, real or fake. Unless I see one of those bare-chested Putin posters where fishing or hunting or petting tigers or something.
And yea yea, he´s a 70 year old guy, he´s gonna have some loose skin and man titties. But that´s all I get out of those posters. Not all titties are created equals.

Hope that clears up any confusion on this issue. And if anyone wants look at old man Putin titty, have at it. It´s a free country. Depending on where you live. I heard that in the US, you get to see some tit right after you´re born, and then you get milk. Then when that´s done, you gotta wait 21 years before get to go to a tittie bar and see some again. Meanwhile you can watch them shits online, or at the super bowl half time show. But that´s it! Government tell you too much tittie make you soft.

Unless it´s old man Putin man boobs. They are kinda sad, but they are real, and even. 50/60.
;)

Seriously tho, don´t show this post to my mom. I was just acting tough for street cred. She´d kill me if she knew I ate a chocolate bar on Sunday. And today I had some weird strawberry favoured candies, just a couple tho.

Corpselover Fat

A huge problem in invading Finland is the terrain. We have a lot of lakes, ponds, marshes and swamps scattered between forests.

This is the southern part of our eastern border. The yellow line is 400km and if you zoomed in on a map you would see the problem just gets worse. There are very few ways to move any equipment east to west. You can bet the finnish army knows how to take advantage of that. You only need to blow up a few bridges to make available ways to advance extremely limited. Much of what isn't a lake is swampy forest and plenty of marshes too.

IMG_20230606_125011.jpg

If you go further north the lake thing doesn't get much better and there is waaay more marshland. You are not going to move any equipment through the marshes and digging trenches doesn't work. Even walking doesn't really work without duckboards.

f7e9c959-2b99-4130-a756-86f11eda0d8f.jpg

If you go even further north you still have a lot of marshes and there are fewer trees. You will be visible from far away and good luck digging trenches in the rocky ground...

2022.06.30.10.39.29_neo-7007477.jpeg

entropical

Veteran
That is a treaty signed 76 years ago at gunpoint after a war that Finland didn´t start. Co-signed with Soviet Union, a country which does not exist anymore. You think that´s null and void?
Obviously not because you post it here thinking this is cancelling an agreement that means something?
Or changes anything?

New military district on our border? What´s wrong with the old one, St. Petersburg military district? Or did they forget they already had one? And the troops in Karelia? Or their navy on the gulf of Finland? Or their northern armies in Murmansk? And northern fleet?

Seems kinda useless to build a new army on the border, when they have all that old shit.
Well, I mean, they used to. There´s less Russian troops now on the Finnish border than ever before. Because they are busy being stuck in Ukraine, or in rotation to replace tired troops and casualties.
And their troops were always more geared towards attacking, because they know Finland is not gonna invade Russia. That would be insane. And this is why our troops have always been preparing for defence. Because you never know with Russia. One day they are cool, next day some Stalin or Putin might wanna fuck around. That´s why we keep a standing army ready, rapid deployment forces, paratroopers, and an active reserve up like 350,000 soldiers. Plus modern jets, tanks, gadgets and all that good war shit. We also have one of the strongest field artillery forces in Europe, and coastal artillery. Because we have to be able to fight, if we aim not to fight. As crazy as it sounds. Big ass army that we hope we don´t have to use. But again, we live on the Russian border, and they tend to bully around their smaller neighbours, which is every neighbour they have, from time to time.

And yea, 350,000 soldiers is a lot of soldiers. Russia could triple that and start a war, if they wanted to. Then they could lose all those troops and send more and keep coming. And they probably would win, eventually. But they have a population of over 140 million, versus our 6,5 - 7 million or something. That´s not a fair fight now is it? Then again, why would anyone start a war or an invasion if they didn´t think they could win it. Think about a fist fight, if you go up against an opponent your size. You could win, you could lose. But if you are an adult man, and you fight a 10 year old kid, you can beat the shit outta the kid with one hand. And that´s smart. And Putin is smart. So he only goes to war against smaller nations with smaller armies. And that should work, on paper. In reality, well, time will tell. So yea, they could invade Finland. But they are not gonna waltz over the border, like it´s nothing. They are struggling against Ukraine, which had to build and train their army on the job training, so to speak. We have a plan in case there´s an invasion from the east. Co-ordinated troops and strategies for max effect to slow down any and all invading armies, by killing em motherfuckers until go back home. We are not expecting a positive outcome, if there´s a war. Because the war would already a negative. We can´t really win, because how can you win against an invasion? But if you can stop it and survive. Then the invasion is a failure, too. Defensive victory, just what I´m hoping will happen in Ukraine.

But yea, that agreement. It´s about as valid and up to date as the agreement I made with my mom when I was like 6 and we agreed Saturdays was the day I could eat all the candy I wanted. And that was it for the whole week. Now I´m a grown man, can buy my own and eat em every day if I want to.
But I´m not gonna, cause it aint good for ya. All that sugar and additives. Not good for dental health either. But I digress..

Yea Russian troops on the border. They´ve been there for over a 100 years, nice that someone else noticed. And for the record, we were gonna stay neutral. Because we are not expecting Russians to start a war against us. But then again, 9-10 years ago, Ukraine wasn´t expecting to fight Russia anytime soon. Before the Russian invasion started, most people in Finland were against joining NATO. Then pretty much over night it went to like 75% of population wanting to join NATO.

Russia has never attacked a NATO country. Because they don´t wanna risk everything.
Meanwhile Russia has been fighting this western aggression and NATO expansion, by bullying and fighting smaller non-NATO countries. Do I need to explain why these countries want to join NATO?

I´m not gonna!

But I´ll say this, I´d still be cool without Finland joining NATO, and I don´t think Russia will ever invade us again, with or without NATO. But if they think for a second, that us joining NATO is a threat. Well maybe for them it is. We just wanna live in peace with our neighbours. Like every good neighbour should. Unless your name Putin, or Bush. Then you gonna do some shit because you can, maybe. Is it right, justified or fair? Of course not, but it´s war. I understand, even if I don´t approve. Only a fool or an idealist would expect a war to be fair and not dirty, and by the done book on both sides. These people won´t be fighting in wars. They have the luxury of watching it happen, and judge it. You go tell some soldier who´s fighting and killing to survive about some old agreement about this and that, and how he´s wrong about something. He had this war coming. And then he´ll shoot you, empty your pockets and leave your body for the rats to eat. Your family gonna bury an empty casket. And no one´s gonna care about opinions on the internet then either. Only your mom will cry. You don´t wanna make your mom cry? I don´t, I don´t want any moms to cry. I don´t wanna kill people or fight in a war.
So yea, we are the bad guys because we dare to join NATO. OK. I don´t care. It´s a counter threat to an already existing threat over here on the buffer zone between east and west.

So if I´m right. Russia ain´t gonna do shit.
And if I´m wrong, they invade us and win? NATO didn´t come help, which means it´s useless and a failure. I´ll be dead too. But that´s cool because I know that all you Pro-Euro Euro bastards who think Putin is fantastic are next. If Russia wins against us, they can steamroll Sweden, because Swede army not that strong or experienced. They are building back up, but it´s gonna take a while. Then they could advance thru Denmark to central Europe, British isles. Maybe Norway, maybe not. Euro armies splintered, no US help. If Putin had a capable army, they could take a big chunk of Europe. Maybe Germany and Brits could put up a fight. I´d be dead so I don´t give a shit by then. Obviously this is wild speculation and most likely never gonna happen.

I hope Putin dies soon and someone more peaceful takes over who can the mistakes this ex-KGB fucker done. We can live in peace and start building our uneasy trust back up. Again. Without being bullied. That would be something new.

Fingers crossed on that last one. I´m not even asking for a specific death for Putin, anything will do. Maybe a piano dropped on his head. Bodyguard poisons his tea. Maybe someone could shoot him. Cancer, heart attack, getting hit by a train. Not too many heads of nations have been hit by trains, I don´t think? That´s one for the history books, any day now. Oooh, or maybe he could go out like Stalin. All alone, on the floor covered in his own pee and shit after he suffers a stroke and can´t call for help. And his staff and bodyguards are instructed never to enter his room, unless called for. So he has 4-5 hours of thinking to do before anyone comes to help him. And then he is gonna die. And people are gonna be relieved and happy he is gone.

One more thing, I can kinda understand being against US government, I mean they´ve done their fair share of dirt around the world, too. But I don´t get how that would make Russia the good guys, by default. They can both do good and bad. It´s just that over here, close to Russia, we seen that Russian way closer than US or NATO aggression or what have you. That doesn´t mean we are siding with US, they are not under any threat they need help with anyways, or against Russia, if they just leave us alone. If they don´t, I hope to have the on our side. To even the odds. We do what we have to, to survive.

One more thing for you guys who think Russia is some last bastion against globalism or NWO or whatever. Maybe it is, in some weird way. That doesn´t make it a good thing. Or even a better thing than what the west has going on. It´s a pipedream, it´s not real. And you can´t make it real by repeating it and believing. Or arguing about it online. Go to Russia, see for yourself. I been there 3 or 4 times, good times. Big country, lots of very different all over the place. Then try to explain some of these theories to people, about how Russia is awesome and free and west is controlled by shadow governments, doing evil shit trying Russia down.

They´ll be like yea, that´s what the government radio says, and the government news paper, and the government web site, and the government tv news, narrated by Miss Moscow 2014 Nadia Simonakova. She is my favourite because aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahm she is a pretty. But whatever.
You´re from the west, and you´re telling me this is true? We live in best on the planet, RUSSIA?!
Then you yea, finally someone agrees and gets it.

Then you go drink vodka and eat cabbage soup and potatoes with, later shoots or drink more vodka.
You´re in promised land. At least until your visa runs out.
And the rest of us brain washed westerners. We can enjoy some peace and quiet online. Especially here on ICmag.

Everybody wins!

No go on, git! Be free!

One more tip for the road. If cops tell you you were speeding, and that´s gonna cost you about 40-50 bucks. Just say you weren´t speeding, and you weren´t even driving. Because cops in Russia are not corrupt at all. They´ll believe you. If not, keep fighting and start an argument. They won´t book you on false charges, before shaking you down for more because you wasted their time. AND IF DO, Russian jails and holding cells are filled fine people. Great! Then go pick a fight with the militia or military, those guys are pros and known for their patience. Oh, one more. Good one. Change some real money to Rubles, then go to a tittie bar and you can make it rain all night. And it will cost you like 25% of what it would cost you in western tittie bars. Russia has some hot chicks, with real titties. Unlike in the west, where tits are now 76% fake, 88% if you go to a US tittie bar. They don´t even have a two drink minimum in most places. Some regular bars will have titties for every to see, for free! That´s the kinda value for money you get in a free country, where people are happy. Not some bullshit $17 per beer night, cause taxes are so fucking high. I´m kinda regretting ever leaving Russia now that I think about it. I could take a train there, 4-5 hours and be St. Petersburg.. But the trains ain´t running. All trade is on hold. Because they attacked Ukraine, and we acted with most of the west and put all trade on hold. Don´t wanna support a government that´s warring around. Or maybe they did because we broke a 76 year old agreement and betrayed em. I forgot my point thinking about titties..

Oh snap! This agreement is six years older than Putin. Maybe he doesn´t know about it? DON´T TELL HIM! He might go to war against us after all. Then I´ll never see titties again, real or fake. Unless I see one of those bare-chested Putin posters where fishing or hunting or petting tigers or something.
And yea yea, he´s a 70 year old guy, he´s gonna have some loose skin and man titties. But that´s all I get out of those posters. Not all titties are created equals.

Hope that clears up any confusion on this issue. And if anyone wants look at old man Putin titty, have at it. It´s a free country. Depending on where you live. I heard that in the US, you get to see some tit right after you´re born, and then you get milk. Then when that´s done, you gotta wait 21 years before get to go to a tittie bar and see some again. Meanwhile you can watch them shits online, or at the super bowl half time show. But that´s it! Government tell you too much tittie make you soft.

Unless it´s old man Putin man boobs. They are kinda sad, but they are real, and even. 50/60.
;)

Seriously tho, don´t show this post to my mom. I was just acting tough for street cred. She´d kill me if she knew I ate a chocolate bar on Sunday. And today I had some weird strawberry favoured candies, just a couple tho.
Good post, appreciate the effort and reasoning. I will do my best to give a proper reply. So first of all, Finland leaving its neutrality position to join a military alliance that is effectively at war with the russian nation changes everything. This of course is self evident and reflected in Russias creation of new military districts and armies, one which is located on your border. Now they are making preparations for a wider conflict with nato, and you are more than welcome to explain how this new position is beneficial to Finland rather than continuing the good relations you have enjoyed so far.

As for Ukraine well, they are now doing their kamikaze offensive and with it soon come the collapse of american military mythology. The myth can be maintained only for so long as the people in the west can be shielded from the consequences of this american fable, and as a result of their military failures in Ukraine we are now seeing increasing desperation and resort to terrorism from the ukranian side with everything from the murder of civilians to the latest blowing up of a hydroelectric dam (the plan was revealed to the Washington Post by ukranian military officers last year).

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
As for Ukraine well, they are now doing their kamikaze offensive and with it soon come the collapse of american military mythology. The myth can be maintained only for so long as the people in the west can be shielded from the consequences of this american fable, and as a result of their military failures in Ukraine we are now seeing increasing desperation and resort to terrorism from the ukranian side with everything from the murder of civilians to the latest blowing up of a hydroelectric dam (the plan was revealed to the Washington Post by ukranian military officers last year).

We already knew that the US military wasn't in the Ukraine.

That is only news to you.

Everything Russia is doing in Ukraine is terrorism.

Russia has killed more than enough civilians.

It's strange that you blame Ukraine for things Russia does.

Maybe Russia shouldn't have invaded Ukraine.

entropical

Veteran
We already knew that the US military wasn't in the Ukraine.

That is only news to you.

Everything Russia is doing in Ukraine is terrorism.

Russia has killed more than enough civilians.

It's strange that you blame Ukraine for things Russia does.

Maybe Russia shouldn't have invaded Ukraine.
Maybe you should have listened to your own politicians who have publicly admitted to american involvement in operational planning.

EE28C906-BE96-4039-B8EB-66A788BCFE9F.png

8DF35DA4-431A-4B63-A0A9-B17A0A000004.jpeg

Roms

Veteran

The Battle of Bakhmut: Postmortem​

Russo-Ukrainian War Update​

2 JUIN 2023

by big serge

Update on the Russian-Ukrainian War.

On May 20, the Wagner Group forced Ukrainian troops out of their last position within the city limits of Bakhmout, bringing about the nominal end of the biggest battle of the 25st century (so far). Bakhmut has been the most important location for military operations in Ukraine for most of the past nine months. The fighting there proceeded at a breakneck pace, with progress often measured on the scale of a single city block. It was an extremely violent and bloody battle, but at times excruciatingly slow and seemingly indecisive. After countless updates in which nothing major seemed to have happened, many people were certainly starting to roll their eyes at the mere mention of Bakhmout. Therefore, Wagner's abrupt takeover of the city in May (predictably the last XNUMX% of the city fell very quickly compared to the rest) seemed a bit surreal. To many it seemed like Bakhmut would never end – and then, suddenly, it did.

Bakhmout, like most high-intensity urban battles, exemplifies the apocalyptic potential of modern warfare. The heavy shelling reduced large parts of the city to rubble, giving the impression that Wagner and the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AUF) were fighting not so much for the city as for its carcass.

The slow pace and extreme destruction made this battle a difficult fight to parse. It all seems so insane – even within the unique paradigm of warfare. With no obvious operational logic, observers on both sides hastened to theorize that the battle was in fact a shining example of four-dimensional chess. In particular, one can easily find arguments from pro-Ukrainian and pro-Russian commentators claiming that Bakhmut was used as a trap to lure the other side's men and materiel for destruction, while gaining time to accumulate combat power.

Pro-Ukrainian sources are adamant that much Russian combat power was destroyed in Bakhmut, while the AUF received Western armor and training to build a mechanized set to resume the offensive. Similarly, pro-Russian writers seem convinced that the FAU lost many men, while the Russian military preserved its forces by letting Wagner do most of the fighting.

It is clear that they cannot both be right.

In this article, I would like to make a comprehensive study of the Battle of Bakhmout and assess the evidence. Which army was really destroyed in this “strategically insignificant” city? What army wasted without counting its manpower? And above all, why did this mediocre city become the scene of the greatest battle of the century? A homicide has been committed, but no one agrees on who murdered whom. It is therefore necessary to carry out an autopsy.

The road to the mass grave

The Battle of Bakhmut has lasted so long that it is easy to forget how the front got to this point and how Bakhmut fits into summer 2022 operations. Russian summer operations focused on the reduction of the Ukrainian salient around Lysychansk and Severodonetsk, and culminated when Russian forces opened the heavily defended Ukrainian fortress of Popasna, surrounded a pocket of Ukrainian forces around Zolote, and approached the Bakhmut-Lysychansk road. The fall of the Lysychansk-Severodonetsk urban agglomeration was relatively quick, with Russian forces threatening to encircle the entire pocket and force the Ukrainians to withdraw.

For reference, this is what the frontline in central Donbass looked like on May 1, 2022, courtesy of MilitaryLand :

In this context, Bakhmout was already threatening to become a major battlefield. It was literally at a crossroads, directly in the center of the Ukrainian salient. As the Ukrainian positions of Lysychansk, Popasna and Svitlodarsk were driven in, the axes of the Russian advance converged on Bakhmout.

The Ukrainian forces badly needed to stabilize the front and establish a stable blocking position, and there really was no place to do that but Bakhmut. Between Lysytchansk and Bakhmout there are no urban areas strong enough to anchor the defense, and there was absolutely no question of not defending Bakhmout adequately, for a few reasons that we can enumerate:

Bakhmut occupied a central position in this sector of the front, and its loss would threaten Siversk with envelopment and allow Russian forces to bypass the well-fortified and firmly held defenses of Toretsk.

The Russian strategic objective of Slaviansk-Kramatorsk cannot be successfully defended if the Russian army controls both the heights to the east (in the Bakhmout region) and Izium.

Bakhmout itself was a defensible urban area, with commanding heights in the rear, multiple supply routes, good links with other sectors of the front, and a peripheral belt of smaller urban areas protecting its flanks.

The Ukrainian forces therefore found themselves faced with a rather obvious operational decision. It was, all things considered, either committing reserves to stabilize the front at Bakhmout (a vital, solid and operational defensive anchor), or risk letting Russia bypass and sweep away a whole belt of defenses. in places such as Siversk and Toretsk. The choice between a reasonably good option and an extremely bad option did not generate much controversy.

After losing its eastern defensive belt, Ukraine had to stabilize the front somewhere, and the only suitable place was Bakhmout – so that's where the Ukrainian reserves were sent in force, and where the FAU chose to fight. Operational logic, indifferent to the things that normally recommend cities to us as “important”, decreed that the Styx should pass through Bakhmout.

Russia came to take up this challenge, spearheaded by a group of mercenaries, made up of inmates wielding shovels and led by a bald caterer. What could go wrong?

Operational progress

Because the overall impression of Bakhmout is characterized by urban fighting, it can be easy to forget that most of the battle took place outside the city itself, in the suburbs and fields around from the urban center. The approach to Bakhmout is cluttered with a ring of small villages (places like Klynove, Pokrovske and Zaitseve) from which the AUF were able to mount a tenacious defense with artillery support in the town itself.

Although the Russian forces had nominally reached the approach to Bakhmut by the end of June (even before the capture of Lysychansk) and the city found itself at the extreme limit of the range of the shells, they did not not immediately begin a concerted push to reach it. On August 1, the first assaults on the outer village belt began, and the Russian Defense Ministry said in its statements that the "battles for Bakhmut" had begun. This date being the most logical for historiography, we can affirm that the battle of Bakhmout took place from August 1, 2022 to May 20, 2023, that is to say 293 days in total.

During the first two months of the battle, the Russians captured most of the settlements east of the T0513 road south of the city and the T1302 road to the north, depriving Bakhmout and Soledar of most of their eastern buffer zones and extending the line of contact to the edge of the urban areas proper.

Phase 1: the outer belt

At this point, the front lines largely froze for the rest of the year, before Wagner paved the way for further advances by seizing the small village of Yakovlivka, north of Soledar. This success can be considered the first domino in a chain of events that led to the Ukrainian defeat in Bakhmout.

Soledar plays a unique and essential role in the operational geography of Bakhmout. Settled on a relatively long and thin strip, Soledar and its suburbs form a continuous urban shield that extends from the T0513 highway (which goes north from Siversk) to the T0504 road (which goes east from Popasna ). This makes Soledar a natural satellite stronghold that defends Bakhmout on nearly ninety degrees of approach. Soledar is also generously endowed with industrial buildings, including the salt mine that gives it its name, making it a relatively welcoming place to set up a static defense, with plenty of deep spots and strong walls.

Wagner's capture of Yakovlivka on December 16, however, marks the first sign that Soledar's defense is in trouble. Yakovlikva was on a high position northeast of Soledar, and his capture gave Wagner a powerful position on Soledar's flank. The Ukrainians understood this and Soledar was heavily reinforced in response to the loss of Yakovlivka and the anticipated assault. The capture of Bakhmoutske on 27 December (a suburb of Soledar located directly on its southern approach) set the stage for a successful assault.

The attack on Soledar was relatively quick and extremely violent, characterized by intense Russian artillery support. The assault began almost immediately after the loss of Bakhmoutske on December 27, and by January 10 Ukraine's cohesive defense had been annihilated. Ukrainian leaders of course denied losing the city and made up a story of glorious counter-attacks, but even the Institute for the Study of War (a propaganda arm of the US State Department) later admitted that the Russia had captured Soledar as early as January 11.

The loss of Soledar, combined with the capture in early January of Klichchiivka to the south, enabled Wagner to begin a partial envelopment of Bakhmout.

Phase 2: clear the flanks

It was at this point that the discussion turned to a possible encirclement of Bakhmout by the Russians. True, the Russian wings spread rapidly around the city, placing it in a sack of fire, but there was never a concerted effort to take the city into true encirclement. The Russian advance slowed as it approached Ivanivske in the south and on the vital M03 highway in the north.

A real encirclement was probably never an option, mainly due to the complication of Chassiv Yar, a firmly held bastion in the rear. To completely encircle Bakhmut, Russian forces would have been forced to choose between two difficult options: either block the road from Chassiv Yar to Bakhmut, or widen the envelopment enough to include Chassiv Yar in the pocket as well. Either option would have greatly complicated the operation, and so Bakhmout was never truly surrounded.

What the Russians managed to do, however, was establish a dominant position on the flanks, which allowed them to accumulate three significant advantages. First, they were able to direct their fire at Bakhmout's last supply lines. Second, they were able to subject Bakhmout herself to intense artillery fire from multiple axes. Third, and perhaps most importantly, they were able to attack the urban center of Bakhmout from three different directions. Which, in the end, greatly accelerated the downfall of the city. By April, it was clear that the focus was no longer on expanding the envelopment on the flanks, but on assaulting Bakhmut itself, and it was reported that Russian regular units had taken control of the flanks so that Wagner could clear the city.

Phase 3: the gunpowder fire

In April and early May, the fighting finally moved to the urban center. FAU units in the city ultimately proved unable to stop Wagner's advance, largely due to the tight coordination of Russian fires and the cramped Ukrainian defense – Wagner advancing into the city from three axes , the Russian artillery grids became very tight, and the static defense of the FAU – although courageously contested – was slowly reduced to nothing.

By early May, it was clear that the city would soon fall, with the AUF clinging desperately to the western edge of the city. However, attention quickly turned to a Ukrainian counterattack on the flanks.

This is a fairly classic case where the events on the ground are overtaken by the narrative. Rumors of an impending Ukrainian counterattack had been circulating for some time, advanced by Ukrainian and Russian sources. The Ukrainian channels were based on the idea that General Oleksandr Syrskyi (Commander of the ground forces of the AUF) had devised a plan to lure the Russians into Bakhmut before launching a counterattack on the wings. This idea seemed borne out by Wagner's leader Yevgeny Prigozhin's frantic warnings that the Ukrainians had massed huge forces in the rear areas, behind Bakhmout, which were to be liberated to counter-encircle the city.

Either way, the spring months passed without any stunning FAU counterattacks occurring, and all sorts of materiel shortages and weather delays were blamed. Then, on May 15, all hell seemed to break loose. The FAU eventually attacked, and Prigojine said the situation on the flanks was approaching a worst-case scenario.

The FAU brought a large group of units to the field, including many of their best and most experienced formations. These included units of:

• The 56th Brigade
  • The 57th Mechanized Brigade
  • The 67th Mechanized Brigade
  • The 92th Mechanized Brigade
  • The 3rd Assault Brigade (Azov)
  • The 80th Air Assault Brigade
  • The 5th Assault Brigade
This major strike device attacked a handful of mediocre Russian motor rifle brigades, achieved some initial successes and suffered heavy casualties. Despite Prigozhin's assertion that the Russian regulars abandoned their posts and left the Russian wings undefended, we later learned that these forces – notably the mobilized motorized rifle units – fiercely defended their positions and did not resist. withdrawn only under orders from above. These withdrawals (of a few hundred meters at most) brought the Russian defensive line to firmly held positions along a series of canals and reservoirs, which the FAU were unable to cross.

That's not to say Russia didn't suffer casualties defending against a tenacious Ukrainian attack. The 4th Motorized Rifle Brigade, which was largely responsible for the successful defense outside Klichchiivka, was badly damaged, its commander was killed, and it had to be quickly relieved. However, the offensive potential of the Ukrainian assault device has been exhausted, and there have been no follow-up attempts in the past two weeks.

The Final Act: Ukraine's Counterattack

In the end, the vaunted Syrskyi plan turned out to be rather lame. The counterattack succeeded in unlocking a few key roads from Bakhmout, but it did nothing to prevent Wagner from finalizing the capture of the city, it burned through the combat power of several leading brigades and, on 20 May , the last Ukrainian positions in the city were liquidated.

It was a strange battle. Excruciatingly slow progress on the flanks of the city, a material threat of encirclement, and a sudden concentration of Wagner's fighting energy in the city itself, all under the threat of a massive FAU counter-offensive , which proved ineffective and short-lived.

It is therefore not clear that this battle corresponds to the operational logic of either army, or that anyone comes out of it fully satisfied. Ukraine evidently lost the battle in nominal terms, but the Russian advance seemed so slow and Bakhmut so strategically haphazard (at least superficially) that Wagner's success can be described as a Pyrrhic victory. To fully judge the Battle of Bakhmut, we must take into account the relative casualties and expenditure of combat power.

butcher's bill

Estimating combat casualties in Ukraine is a difficult task, largely because “official” casualty estimates are often patently absurd. We must therefore strive to find reasonable figures using approximations and auxiliary information. Deployment data is one such important source of information: the magnitude and frequency of unit deployment allows us to get a general idea of the burn rate. In this particular case, however, we find that unit deployments are somewhat difficult to use. Let's analyze the situation.

First, we have to come to grips with the indisputable fact that a large part of the Ukrainian army has been deployed in Bakhmout at one time or another. The Telegram channel Gray Zone has compiled a list of all Ukrainian units that have been positively identified (usually through social media posts or updates from the AUF) as being deployed in Bakhmout throughout the nine months of the war. battle (i.e. they were not all there at the same time):

This is an absolutely huge engagement (37 brigades, 2 regiments and 18 separate battalions (plus irregular formations like the Georgian Legion)) which obviously indicates severe casualties (for what it's worth, the pro-Ukrainian map MilitaryLand's Deployment Map admits an equally titanic Ukrainian deployment in Bakhmout). However, this does not allow us to accurately assess the losses, mainly because Ukraine's order of battle (ORBAT) is a bit confusing. Ukraine frequently distributes its units below brigade level (for example, its artillery brigades never deploy as such) and it has a bad habit of cannibalizing its units.

If one makes an extremely rough calculation, the minimum withdrawal of 37 brigades would have easily allowed Ukraine to exceed 25 casualties, but there are all sorts of dubious assumptions here. Firstly, it assumes that Ukraine withdraws its brigades when they reach combat ineffective levels of casualties (000% would be a rough figure here), which is not necessarily true – there are precedents where FAU left troops to die in place, especially lesser quality units like Territorial Defence. In fact, an Australian volunteer (interview cited later) claimed that the 15th Mechanized Brigade suffered 24% casualties at Bakhmout. It is therefore possible that many of these brigades have been depleted beyond task ineffectiveness levels (i.e. not properly relieved), but have been completely destroyed. A recent article from New Yorker, for example, interviewed the survivors of a battalion that was almost entirely wiped out. In another instance, a retired Marine colonel said units on the front line regularly suffered 70% casualties.

We can say some things with certainty. First, Ukraine had an extremely high utilization rate that required it to commit almost a third of its total ORBAT. Second, we know that at least some of these formations were left at the front until they were destroyed. Finally, we can definitely say that pro-Ukrainian accounts are incorrect (or possibly misleading) when they claim that Bakhmut's defense was conducted to buy Ukraine time to grow stronger in the future. back. We know this first and foremost because Bakhmut yearned insatiably for additional units, and secondly because this attack included a large number of leading Ukrainian forces and veterans, including a dozen assault brigades, brigades airborne and armored brigades.

The ORBAT's approach to casualties poses another problem, however, which concerns Wagner. One of our goals is to try to get a sense of comparative casualty rates, and ORBAT is just not a good way to do that in the particular case of Bakhmout. Indeed, the battle was mainly fought on the Russian side by the Wagner Group, a huge formation with an opaque internal structure.

While on the Ukrainian side we can enumerate a long list of formations that fought in Bakhmut, on the Russian side we put only the 50 strong Wagner group. Wagner of course has internal sub-formations and rotations, but these are not visible to those of us on the outside, and so we cannot get a sense of the internal ORBAT of Wagner or the commitment of force. We generally understand that Wagner has a structure of assault detachments (probably the equivalent of a battalion), platoons and squads, but we don't know where these units are deployed in real time, or at what speed they are replaced or worn out. Unfortunately, when Prigozhin showed up in front of the cameras, he brought maps that didn't show unit layouts, leaving ORBAT nerds racking their brains in vain trying to extract useful information. Thus, lacking a good knowledge of Wagner's deployments, we are unable to draw an adequate comparison with the bloated Ukrainian ORBAT of Bakhmout.

There are, however, other ways to obtain loss information. Russian dissident (i.e. anti-Putin) organization Mediazona tracks Russian casualties by compiling obituaries, social media death announcements, and official announcements. For the entire period of the Battle of Bakhmout (August 1 to May 20), it counted 6184 dead among Wagner personnel, prisoners and airborne forces (these three categories representing the bulk of the Russian force in Bakhmout).

Meanwhile, Prigozhin claims that Wagner suffered 20 dead and wounded at Bakhmout, while he inflicted 000 dead and wounded on the Ukrainians. As for the first figure, the context for this claim was an interview in which he criticized the Russian Ministry of Defense (as he usually does), and he had better overestimate Wagner's losses (since he tries to highlight Wagner's sacrifice for the Russian people).

So here's where we stand with Wagner's losses. We have a "floor", or absolute low of just over 6000 dead (the latter positively identified by name) with a significant margin of error on the upside, and something like a ceiling of 20 000. The figure I've been working on is about 17 total deaths for Wagner in Operation Bakhmout (with a min-max range of 000 and 14, respectively).

However, the composition of these forces must be taken into account. Of the combat deaths identified with certainty, convicts are approximately 2,6 times more numerous than the professional operators of the Wagner group (in other words, 73% of the Wagner deaths would be convicts). However, according to the Pentagon (take it with a grain of salt), nearly 90% of Wagner's casualties are convicts. Taking a conservative 75/25 split and rounding the numbers up to be pretty, I estimate that Wagner lost around 13 convicts and 000 professional operators. If the losses of the VDV and the motorized rifle units fighting on the flanks are added, the total number of Russian dead in Bakhmout is probably in the range of 4000-20.

What about Ukrainian losses? The main open question remains: who is at the right end of the loss ratios?

Ukrainian commentators constantly ask us to believe that Russian casualties were far greater due to their reliance on "human wave" attacks. There are several reasons to rule out this hypothesis.

First of all, we have to recognize that after nine months of fighting, we have yet to see a single video showing one of these alleged human waves (i.e. Wagner convicts attacking in formation massive). Knowing that Ukraine loves to share images of embarrassing Russian mistakes, that they don't shy away from spreading bloody war porn, and that this is a war fought with thousands of eyes in the sky in the form of reconnaissance drones, it is curious that none of these alleged human waves have been filmed to date. When videos purporting to show human waves are released, they invariably show small groups of 6-8 infantry (we call this a squad, not a human wave).

However, absence of proof is not proof of absence. That being said, the “human wave” thesis has been repeatedly contradicted. To begin with, General Syrskyi himself contradicted the human wave theory and said that Wagner's methodology was to advance small assault groups under heavy artillery cover. Witnesses from the front agree. An Australian Army veteran, volunteering in Ukraine, gave a very interesting interview in which he downplayed the losses due to Wagner and emphasized rather that "Ukraine suffers far too many losses– he then adds that the 24th Brigade suffered 80% losses in Bakhmout. He also notes that Wagner favors infiltration groups and small units – the complete opposite of massive human waves.

I found this article from Wall Street Journal very emblematic of the question of human waves. It contains the obligatory affirmation of the human wave tactic: "The enemy does not pay attention to the huge losses of its personnel and continues the active assault. The surroundings of our positions are simply strewn with the bodies of dead soldiers of the adversary". This description, however, emanates from the bureaucratic apparatus of the Ministry of Defence. What about the people on the ground? A Ukrainian officer at the front says:So far, the rate of trading our lives for theirs favors the Russians. If it continues like this, we might run out».

In the end, it's hard to believe that the death rate favors Ukraine for the simple reason that the Russians enjoyed a huge firepower advantage. Ukrainian soldiers speak freely of Russia's enormous superiority in artillery, and at one point it was suggested that the FAU were outclassed ten to one. The people interviewed by the New Yorker claimed that the mortar section of their battalion only had five shells a day!

The enormous Russian advantage in terms of artillery and standby armament suggests a priori that the FAU would suffer appalling losses, and this is indeed what many sources on the front tell us. And then, of course, there was the shocking assertion in February by a former US Marine in Bakhmout that life expectancy on the front line was only four hours.

All this is only incidental to the essential. The huge inventory of FAU units that passed through Bakhmout included something on the order of 160 people in total. Considering that the casualty rates are between 000 and 25% (which roughly corresponds to Wagner's kill rate), it is clear that Ukraine's losses were extreme. I think the total irrecoverable losses for Ukraine in Bakhmut were around 30, with a margin of error of +/- 45.

My current estimates of casualties in the Battle of Bakhmut are therefore 45 for Ukraine, 000 for Wagner, and 17 for other Russian forces.

But that may not even be the main thing.

Ukraine was losing its army, Russia was losing its prison population.

Assessing the Battle of Bakhmout is relatively easy if you consider the units that came into play. that virtually none of the Russian conventional forces were damaged (with the notable exception of the motorized rifle brigades which defeated the Ukrainian counterattack). Even the Pentagon has admitted that the vast majority of Russian victims in Ukraine are convicts.

This is all rather cynical, no one can deny that. But from the point of view of the unsentimental calculus of strategic logic, Russia got rid of its most disposable military asset, leaving its regular ORBAT not only completely intact, but in fact more important than it was l 'last year.

Meanwhile, Ukraine has been left with virtually no indigenous offensive power – the only way for it to conduct offensive operations is with a NATO-built mechanized set. For all Ukraine's bluster, the commitment of forces in Bakhmout prevented it from undertaking proactive operations throughout the winter and spring, its multi-brigade counterattack in Bakhmout failed and its partisans clung to the idea of an imminent counter-offensive to encircle Wagner by a reserve army that does not exist. He was even reduced to sending small flying columns into Belgorod Oblast to launch terror raids, before blowing them up – discovering that the Russian border is actually riddled with very intact Russian army forces. .

I don't think that in the end, neither armies had expected that Bakhmut would become the focal point of such an intense fight, but the arrival in force of the Ukrainian reserves created a unique situation. Russia was beginning a process of building up large forces (mobilization beginning in September), and the congested, slow-moving, Verdun-like surroundings of Bakhmout offered Wagner a good place to bear the combat load while much of regular Russian forces were being expanded and re-equipped.

Meanwhile, Ukraine fell into the trap of sunk costs and began to believe its own propaganda about the "Bahmut Fortress", and allowed one brigade after another to be sucked in, transforming the city and its surroundings into a slaughter zone.

Now that Bakhmut is lost (or, as Zelensky put it, does not exist "only in our hearts), Ukraine finds itself in an operational impasse. Bakhmout was after all a very good place to lead a static defense. If the FAU could not hold it, or even produce a favorable loss trade, can a strategy of holding static fortified belts really be considered viable? Meanwhile, the failure of the Syrskyi plan and the defeat of a multi-brigade counterattack by Russian motorized rifle brigades cast serious doubt on Ukraine's ability to advance on firmly held Russian positions.

In the end, Ukraine and Russia both bought time in Bakhmut, but while Russia set up a private military company that mostly lost convicts, Ukraine bought time by consuming a significant part of its combat power. They saved time, but time to do what? Can Ukraine do something worth the lives it lost in Bakhmout, or was it just blood for the blood god?

source: Big Serge Thought

1686052407757.png

Roms

Veteran

Finland goes into recession and Sweden goes into the red​

by RT France

The global economic downturn, due to the rise in energy costs and its corollary, inflation, got the better of the growth of these two Scandinavian countries which are highly dependent on exports.

Finland entered recession in the last quarter of 2022, with a 0,6% decline in gross domestic product, according to official statistics released on Tuesday. This is the second consecutive quarter of decline in GDP compared to the previous quarter in Finland, the usual definition of economists for recession, after a fall of 0,1% in the third quarter, according to these revised figures.

A member of the euro zone since the creation of the single currency, the Finnish economy has suffered from the acceleration of inflation (8,4% according to the latest tally in January) and the economic consequences of the war in Ukraine, 'after the national statistical office.

« Russia's attack on Ukraine and the rapid pace of inflation have weakened confidence in the future of consumers and business leaders alike commented Statistics Finland in a statement quoted by theAFP. " These less favorable expectations began to materialize in the second half of the year, with a decline in GDP and private consumption “, underlined the office.

Although it did not suffer two consecutive declines in economic contraction, Sweden also saw its economy shrink in the fourth quarter, according to the national office SCB. Swedish GDP thus fell by 0,2% in the fourth quarter compared to the previous quarter.

« The decline is felt in several sectors of the economy with large declines in private investment and household consumptions,” Jessica Engdahl, a national accounts manager, said in a statement.

Recession in Sweden in 2023​

In 2022, Sweden – which is not a member of the euro zone – however posted growth of 2,4%, according to SCB. The Swedish central bank forecasts a fall of 1,1% in GDP this year, in the bottom European pack, according to its latest forecast published in early February.

In Finland, the government and the central bank forecast a small recession in 2023, of the order of 0,2% over one year, before a return to growth in 2024 and 2025, according to their latest forecasts dating back to December.

Largely dependent on exports, the economies of the Nordic countries are more sensitive to the global economic situation. Sweden is the eleventh European economy by the size of the GDP for only 10,3 million inhabitants, while Finland (5,5 million inhabitants) ranks 18th, according to the IMF.

source: RT France

Roms

Veteran

Russia could claim 300 billion euros in compensation for Finland's entry into NATO​

by Eastern Herald

It would be a compensation for the reinforcement of military capacities near the borders, according to the news agency telmenews.ru.

On April 4, Russia could demand 300 billion euros in compensation from Finland. On this day, the country will officially become a member of NATO. According to the Russian Foreign Ministry, this is a flagrant violation of the 1947 Paris Peace Treaty.

This agreement limits the functions of the Helsinki Army to the defense of the country. Now its potential will increase. Finland's purchase of Leopard tanks is a violation of the Paris Peace Treaty, as Finland is prohibited from acquiring German-made military equipment. Just as Finland's decision to buy American F-35s is also against the treaty, because Finland is prohibited from acquiring bombers with concealed bomb hangers (and this is exactly the case with the F-35). " These violations give Russia grounds to raise the question of Finland's international legal responsibility, which is expressed in particular in the latter's obligation to make full reparation for the damage, including in the form of compensation for the damages caused by such breach writes journalist Dmitry Ermolayev.

In his opinion, in this case, Finland is obliged to pay the costs of increasing the Russian grouping in Karelia and the Leningrad region.

« And that, according to the most conservative estimates, is around 300 billion euros. What Moscow can demand from Finland “said the journalist. Note that Finland will become the 31st member of NATO.

Following the accession to the alliance, the border of the latter with Russia will double and will be about 2400 kilometers long. At the same time, NATO will theoretically be able to bomb St. Petersburg after Finland joins the alliance, military expert Mikhail Timoshenko believes.

source: Eastern Herald

Roms

Veteran

Behind Helsinki's induction into NATO, "Nazi corpses in the closets" of Finland and Sweden​

by Matthew Ehret

While Finland likes to celebrate the fact that its 1941-1944 war with Russia had nothing to do with World War II, but was simply a defensive alliance with Germany against the diabolical Soviet Union, and while Sweden likes to celebrate the fact that it remained neutral during World War II, the facts tell a very different story. Not only did the two nations play, alongside Hitler's Germany, an aggressive role in the war against the Soviet Union during Operation Barbarossa and beyond, the two nations also provided extensive loans and other economic support for the Nazis from 1940 to 1945.

Finland's official induction into NATO was celebrated throughout the transatlantic technocratic sphere as a victory for democracy and freedom. Jens Stoltenberg told his Finnish counterparts at the inaugural ceremony: " Finland is safer and NATO is stronger with Finland as an ally. Your forces are substantial and highly capable, your resilience is unmatched, and for many years the troops of Finland and NATO countries have worked side by side as partners. From today, we stand together as Allies.

But how true are these statements?

While Finland likes to celebrate the fact that its 1941-1944 war with Russia had nothing to do with World War II, but was simply a defensive alliance with Germany against the diabolical Soviet Union, and while Sweden likes to celebrate the fact that it remained neutral during World War II, the facts tell a very different story.

Not only did the two nations play an aggressive role in the war against the Soviet Union during Operation Barbarossa and beyond, but the two nations also provided extensive loans and other economic support to the Nazis from 1940 to 1945. .

On a purely military level, "neutral" Sweden led by King Gustav V and Social Democratic Prime Minister Per Albin Hannson ensured that their territories were made available to the Nazis during the Battle of Narvik in 1940 which led to the downfall of Norway. When Operation Barbarossa was launched a year later, Germany was allowed to use Swedish territory, railway and communication networks to invade the Soviet Union via Finland. German soldiers and combat equipment were transported from Oslo to Haparanda in northern Sweden in preparation for assaults on Russia.

Economically, 37% of Swedish exports throughout the war went to Germany which included 10 million tons of iron ore per year, as well as the largest share of ball bearing production vital to the Nazi war machine which were exported via the ports of the Nazi-occupied Norway. The pro-fascist von Rosen family played one of the most important roles in promoting Nazi ideology in Sweden with Eric von Rosen co-founder of the National Socialist Party of Sweden and providing access to the upper stratum of Swedish nobility to the German high command during the 1920s-1930s.

Moreover, the Count Hugo von Rosen acted as director of the US branch of Swedish bank Enskilda and SKF Bearing which managed the flow of funds and ball bearings (made in Philadelphia) to the Wehrmacht throughout the war.

Historian Douglas Macdonald wrote . " Ball bearings from SKF were absolutely essential for the Nazis. The Luftwaffe couldn't fly without ball bearings, and tanks and armored cars couldn't run without them. Nazi cannons, sights, generators and motors, ventilation systems, submarines, railroads, mining machines and communication devices could not function without ball bearings. In fact, the Nazis couldn't have fought WWII if SKF of Wallenberg hadn't supplied them with all the ball bearings they needed. ».

Hugo was Goering's second cousin by marriage and his cousin Eric will soon play an important role in this story.

Finland's Nazi Legacy Reviewed

Unlike Sweden, Finland has never attempted to feign neutrality, and in that sense it can be applauded for avoiding the hypocrisy of its Swedish cousins. Sharing a 1340 km border with Russia that includes an area less than 40 km away from St. Petersburg, Finland was valuable land for the Nazis.

During the war, 8000 Finnish soldiers fought directly alongside the Nazis against the Russians, many of whom served in Nazi SS Panzer divisions between 1941 and 1943. A scandalous report of 248 pages released by the Finnish government in 2019 revealed that as many as 1408 Finnish volunteers served directly in the SS Panzer Division to commit mass atrocities including the extermination of Jews and other war crimes.

The cause of Finland's alliance with the Nazis during the war is also much darker than the sanitized history books would suggest..

Soviet leaders had watched the buildup of the Nazi war machine heading toward Russia like a slow-motion rail collision from the moment the Munich agreement of 1938 was concluded, and which saw the destruction of Czechoslovakia and the growth of a Frankenstein's monster in the heart of Europe.

In its brilliant The Shocking Truth About the 1938 Munich Agreement ", Alex Krainer demonstrates that British secret diplomacy ensured that, from Hitler's takeover of Austria to the invasion of Poland in September 1939, Britain's policy of appeasement only feigned opposition to Nazism while actually facilitating its relentless growth like a Frankenstein monster in the heart of Europe.

The Race to Secure the Heartland and Finland's Nazi Turn

Knowing that an assault was inevitable, Russia signed the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact in August 1939 to buy time, while trying to establish a buffer zone between the expansionist Nazi regime and herself.

During this small window, a race was on to shore up spheres of interest, with Russia acting defensively to secure its soft underbelly before the inevitable hot war broke out. Meanwhile, Germany rushed to turn up the heat with military operations that expanded the Reich across Europe.

Russia has won several important strategic diplomatic victories by signing mutual assistance pacts with Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. However, Finland, under Marshal Carl Gustaf Mannerheim and Prime Minister Risto Ryti, rejected Russia's offer.

In the abortive Russian-Finnish Mutual Security Treaty, Russia offered to cede South Karelia to the north in exchange for the Soviet border moving west on the Karelian Isthmus and allowing Russian bases to be stationed in Finland. The pro-German government of Ryti and Mannerheim had publicly sided with the Germans in the 1930s and much of the Finnish aristocracy had harbored delusional visions of expansionism with their pro-Nazi Swedish counterparts believing that much part of northwestern Russia was called Eastern Karelia and apparently contained a "pure" Nordic people unsullied by Slavic and Scandinavian blood.

A World War II-era map featuring the most radical version of the "Greater Finland" ideology that saw much of Russia's northern territory rightfully belong to Finland

Finland's rejection of the cooperation agreement led to Russia's decision to invade in November 1939, resulting in the loss of 20 Finnish soldiers, 000% of its territory representing 11/1 of its economic potential and an ego burned. This four-month "Winter War" ended in March 3 with a belittled and humiliated Finland seeking revenge.

Field Marshal Mannerheim and Prime Minister Ryti were strong proponents of the "Greater Finland" myth, with Mannerheim loudly proclaiming to his soldiers on the eve of Finland's agreement to join the Nazis that " in 1918, during the war of liberation [against Russia], I told the Finns and Karelians in Vienna that I would not put my sword in my scabbard until Finland and Eastern Karelia were free ". This discourse made it difficult to maintain the idea that Finland's alliance with the Nazis was merely "defensive".

Although it is commonly claimed by revisionist historians that Herman Goring sent a personal messenger to Helsinki asking for permission to use Finnish territory in exchange for arms and support in August 1940, SS Colonel Horst Kitschmann ( who was aware of these exchanges) testified, in his 1945 deposition, that it was Mannerheim himself who had been the first to contact Goring, suggesting that this arrangement be concluded.

Documented in " Finland's Choice War by Henrik Lunde, Kitschmann testified: During these conversations, von Albedill [German major of the staff of the attaché who informed Kitschmann] told me that, as early as September 1940, Major General Roessing, acting on an order from Hitler and of the German General Staff, had organized the visit of Major General Talwel, Marshal Mannerheim's plenipotentiary, to the Führer's headquarters in Berlin. During this visit, an agreement was reached between the German and Finnish General Staffs for joint preparations for a war of aggression and its execution against the Soviet Union. On this subject, General Talwel told me, during a conference at his headquarters in Aunosa in November 1941, that he, acting on the personal orders of Marshal Mannerheim, had been, since September 1940, one of the first to contact the High Command of the German army, with a view to the joint preparation of a German-Finnish attack against the Soviet Union ».

In September 1940, a secret Finnish-German transit treaty was approved and Operation Barbarossa was set in motion.

On June 16, 1941, Mannerheim called on 16% of Finland's population to fight alongside the Wehrmacht in preparation for this assault.

When Barbarossa was officially launched on June 22, 1941, there were 400 Finnish and German troops in Finland, with Finnish airfields being handed over to Nazi bombers. Mannerheim's pact with the devil resulted in early victories as his dream of a "Greater Finland" was finally realized with vast territories from Murmansk to Lake Onegia falling under Finnish occupation throughout 1941-1944. Meanwhile, Russians and Jews from Finland were sent to forced labor camps where many were exterminated.

The Finnish report 2019 stated: " The sub-units and men of the SS Division Wiking engaged during the march to the Soviet Union and the crossing of the Ukraine and the Caucasus were involved in many atrocities… The diaries and recollections of the Finnish volunteers show that practically everyone among them was, from the beginning, aware of the atrocities and massacres ».

As the Finnish SS Wiking Division advanced through western Ukraine between July and August 1941, over 10 civilians were killed in Lviv and Zhytomyr and over 000 more were killed in the region since the beginning of Barbarossa until March 600.

The strange case of the persistence of the swastika in Finland

Now a word needs to be said about the official logo of the Finnish Air Force created in 1919 and which lasted until 2020, when the logo was removed from aircraft, flags and uniforms (although still preserved on the walls of the Air Force Academy).

Here I am of course referring to the strange swastika that a post-1945 Finland did not see fit to remove from its aircraft or military uniforms despite the downfall of its Nazi allies.

The strange swastika that a post-1945 Finland did not see fit to remove from its planes or military uniforms despite the downfall of its Nazi allies.

Sanitized history books are quick to dispel this age-old anomalous fetish with the swastika as a complete coincidence having nothing to do with the Nazis due to the fact that the Nazi Party adopted this symbol a full year after the Finnish government did. However, like most of our official historical accounts, this one also crumbles at the slightest pressure.

According to the story, the Swedish Count Eric von Rosen of Sweden bequeathed to the Finnish White Army the gift of an airplane Thulin Type D decorated with swastikas in 1918, which established that the Finnish Air Force adopts the swastika as its official logo. Since von Rosen had already been using the swastika as a personal emblem ever since he first saw it on ancient runes in high school, it was concluded that Finnish military swastikas and their Nazi counterparts could have no link.

This claim completely ignores the fact that the two von Rosen brothers, Eric and Clarence, were leading nobles who proudly championed the Nazi cause, and they sponsored Swedish eugenics through the Swedish Institute of Racial Biology in the Uppsala University (circa 1922). They pushed for sterilization laws and they introduced Hitler to the upper layer of the Swedish elite. In 1933, Eric von Rosen became a founding member of the Nationalsocialistiska Blocket (alias: "The National Socialist Party of Sweden").

The vigorous support for the Nazis (which included the influence of the von Rosens on the Swedish bank Enskilda and SKF) also changes the way we must interpret the close relationship that Clarence, Eric and Hugo von Rosen had with their brother-in-law Hermann Goring who had worked as a personal pilot for Eric von Rosen after World War I.

It was during an extended stay at von Rosen's Rockelstad Castle in 1920 that Goring first encountered 1) von Rosen's swastikas which decorated the castle and adjacent hunting lodge, 2) von Rosen's passion for Rosen for nature conservation whom Goring shared, later becoming the first Nazi Reich Minister of Forestry and Conservation in the 1930s and 3) Eric von Rosen's sister-in-law, Carin von Kantzow, who soon became Goring's wife and nicknamed by Hitler “First Lady of the Nazi Party”.

Birgitta, Mary, Hermann Göring and Eric von Rosen at Rockelstad in Sweden 1933

Eric and Clarence von Rosen had been followers of a occult sect called Ariosophy, led by a rune-obsessed mystical poet named Guido von List who simply took Madame Blavatsky's theosophy and infused a touch of Aryan racial superiority with an increased emphasis on Wotan's mythos. In this sect, the swastika and other runic symbols like the rune Othala, the Ehlaz/life rune, the Sig (later used by the SS) and the wolfsangle (angel-wolf) were treated as sacred images endowed with magical power.

Guido von List had organized his sect into an inner core and an outer core; with the "chosen ones" learning a secret interpretation of the runes under an elite occult society called the High Order Armanen where von List himself served as Grand Master.

This racist occult Aryanism with its theosophical aim of infusing Hindu and Buddhist mysticism into a new post-Christian era became an extremely popular phenomenon among the noble families of Europe during this period. The goal was to use a perverse interpretation of Eastern Spiritualism devoid of substance and create a new order based on an "Age of Aquarius" that would replace the obsolete "Age of Pisces" that represented reason exemplified by the likes of Socrates, Plato and Christ.

Out of the Order of High Armanen, another secret occult organization called the Thule Company quickly emerged, Rudolf Hess, Hans Frank, Hermann Goring, Karl Haushofer and Hitler's coach, Dietrich Eckart, were leading members.

We must now confront an uncomfortable fact

It is an uncomfortable fact of history that those same powers that gave birth to fascism were never punished at the Nuremberg trials. The Wall Street industrialists and financiers who provided Germany with finance and supplies before and during the war were not punished…nor were the British financiers from the Bank of England who ensured1 that Nazi coffers would be filled with loot confiscated from Austria, Czechoslovakia or Poland.

The post-war era not only saw a vast reorganization of fascist killers in the form of CIA/NATO-run Operation Gladio and we know that Allan Dulles directly supervised the reactivation of Hitler's intelligence chief, Reinhard Gehlen in the new West German intelligence command structure with the entire CIA/NATO network. Ukrainian Nazis like Stefan Bandera and Mikola Lebed were quickly absorbed into this same apparatus, Bandera working with Gehlen from 1956 until his death in 1958, while Lebed was absorbed into the American intelligence services at the head of a CIA front organization called Prolog.

As Cynthia Chung recently pointed out in her “ Sleepwalking towards fascism no less than ten high-level former Nazis enjoyed vast power within the NATO command structure during the dark years of Operation Gladio. Cynthia writes: From 1957 to 1983, NATO had several high-ranking “former” Nazis in command of several departments within NATO… The position of NATO Commander and Head of Allied Forces Central Europe (Commander in Chief of the CINCENT, Allied Forces Central Europe – AFCENT) was a position that was held ONLY by “former” Nazis for 16 YEARS IN A ROW, from 1967 to 1983. »

During these years Gladio not only 'stay behind' and organized a stream of terrorism against the general populace of Europe using nominally 'Marxist' front groups or making hits on high value targets as Dag Hammarskjold, Enrico Mattei, Aldo Moro or Alfred Herrhausen as needed. Statesmen who broke the rules of the Great Game did not live long in this world.

NATO's self-proclaimed image as a harbinger of " international order based on liberal rules is more than superficial considering the Nazi-riddled alliances that many NATO supporters on the Atlantic Council might wish we forgot. This story should also lead us to reassess the real causes of the creation of NATO in 1949 first, which served as the nail in the coffin for Franklin Roosevelt's vision of a American-Russian-Chinese alliance which he hoped would shape the post-World War II age.

NATO's growth around the Russian perimeter since 1998, and the mass atrocities of the NATO-led bombings in Bosnia, Afghanistan and Libya should also be reassessed with this Nazi pedigree in mind.

Why did NATO release footage of a Ukrainian soldier clearly waving an occult black sun of the Thule Society on her uniform in honor of "Women's Day" this year?

Why do the active Ukrainian Nazis serving in Azov and are the Aidar battalions systematically glossed over by NATO propaganda outlets or the mainstream media despite proven cases of mass atrocities in eastern Donbass since 2014 ? Why are Nazi movements experiencing a vast revival in the Eastern European space, particularly in countries that have come under NATO influence since the collapse of the Soviet Union?

Is it possible that the war we thought the allies had won in 1945 was just a battle within the framework of a larger war for civilization whose outcome remains to be seen?2 Certainly Finnish and Swedish patriots should think very deeply about the dark traditions that risk being revived as they join a new operation Barbarossa in the XNUMXst century.

source: Matthew Ehret

entropical

Veteran

Finland goes into recession and Sweden goes into the red​

by RT France
Blowback of a failed sanctions war coming back to bite them in the ass. The tragic of the situation is that we are ultimately watching an expanded Morgenthau plan coming into force through the betrayal of politicians toward a dumbed down population who voted to elect them. They are already feeling it, and it is about to get worse. Now they will learn that elections have consequences.

Roms

Veteran
@entropical I think that Europe has no sovereignty at all since Sarkozy, it is infiltrated and corrupted from all sides by the CIA, MI6 etc. Soft powa to promote young leaders incompetent and manipulated. But the people can change the deal, long live the Resistance! ;)

Roms

Veteran

The Ukrainian army is in bad shape​

by Moon of Alabama

Erik Kramer and Paul Schneider are two former US Special Operations soldiers who have been in Ukraine since 2022 to train Ukrainian troops.

In "War on the rocksthey paint a bleak picture of the state of the Ukrainian military. Their intention is to get money for more training, so the real picture may be less bleak than they portray. But even taking that into account, it's still a sad state for an army that's been at war for over a year.

Some extracts:

«Based on our nine months of training with all services of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, including Ground Forces, Border Guard Service, National Guard, Naval Infantry, Special Operations Forces and territorial defence, we observed a series of common tendencies: lack of mission command, effective training; lack of ad hoc logistics and maintenance; and the misuse of special operations forces. These trends have undermined Ukraine's resilience and could hamper the success of the ongoing offensive».

What current offensive?

Under mission command, the German Auftragstaktik, the leader broadcasts his intent ("attack through the northern woods to take city x") and authority to sub-units which is passed along with the mission to empower the subordinated at all levels. Each sub-unit can make its plans to coordinate and execute the mission as best as possible. Contrast is an order order where every execution detail is ordered from top to bottom. Both have advantages, but having a mixed system, as is currently the case in Ukraine, is the worst of all.

«In our experience, in many units and staffs, the Ukrainian Armed Forces do not promote personal initiative and do not promote mutual trust. As Michael Kofman and Rob Lee recently discussed on the Russia Contingency podcast, elements of the Ukrainian Armed Forces have an old Soviet mentality that yields most decision-making at higher levels. Among military leaders at brigade level and below, our impression is that junior officers are afraid of making mistakes».

But to use mission command down to the lower levels of a platoon requires non-commissioned officers (sergeants) to run the show. Those owned by the Ukrainian military are now probably dead:

«Having trained and educated every component of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, we continually found a lack of experienced NCO corps. It is common to see field workers running around during training to count staff and coordinate meals. In the United States, it takes years to train a simple junior NCO».

The next great lack is training combined with the use of weapons. The tanks protect the infantry, the infantry protects the tanks, the artillery covers the battlefield to allow tanks and infantry to maneuver, the command ensures that all three coordinate their actions.

«The armour/infantry relationship is supposed to be symbiotic, but that's not the case in Ukraine. The result is that infantry conduct frontal assaults or operate in urban areas without the protection and firepower of tanks. Additionally, artillery fire is not synchronized with the maneuver. Most units do not talk directly to supporting artillery, so there is a delay in calling fire missions. We were told that units will be using runners to send fire missions to artillery batteries due to communication issues.

Most military operations are not staggered and are sequential. Fires and maneuvers, for example, are planned separately from infantry units – and infantry units plan separately from supporting artillery. This mentality also carries over to the coordination of adjacent units, which is either non-existent or sparse and causes high rates of fratricide. Unit commanders have concerns about collaborators and are therefore reluctant to pass critical information to sister units that could be used against them.

These problems are compounded by unreliable communications between units and with senior management. The Ukrainian Armed Forces have a hodgepodge of radios vulnerable to jamming. Additionally, battalion missions are primarily independent company operations that do not focus on a main effort coupled with support efforts. Armed forces do not stack effects, so operations are piecemeal and disjointed. Separate missions do not support each other, and lower level unit missions are not "nested" within a higher level mission. Sustainment is also not synchronized with operations

Due to the wild mix of weapons and the lack of trained mechanics, the logistics and upkeep of equipment is a mess.

«This lack of coordinated maintenance and logistics also translates into medical care. Medical evacuation and treatment are uncertain. Experienced Ukrainian combat medics have repeatedly stated that many evacuees would have survived if they had received adequate care in a timely manner. The Armed Forces of Ukraine can solve this problem through a systematic logistics process».

Ukrainian special forces are mainly used as infantry even though they should be used for more demanding missions. There are also gimmick missions:

«Ukrainian special forces units made up of international volunteers sell their services to commanders of conventional units without a mission being tied to a strategic or operational objective. An example of a mission was that of a conventional brigade commander who had reported to his command that he had occupied a village captured from the Russians. When he realized that the information he had was wrong and they had stopped short, he asked the international special operations forces unit to go to the occupied village and take a photo of a Ukrainian flag placed on top of a building in the center of the village».

A suicide mission to hide commanders' false reports​

The authors claim that most of the above problems could be solved by a more "Western" training. However, what has become of the last armies that “Western” forces have trained in Iraq and Afghanistan? Both collapsed. An army must reflect the local society and culture. It cannot be formed from top to bottom by external forces.

Since 2015, the Ukrainian army has been built up and trained by American and British forces. What the authors of WotR describe is the result.

source: Moon of Alabama

***​

More than 2000 Ukrainian soldiers killed in night battles​

by Hal Turner

Last night between 23:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. Eastern United States Time today, Monday, June 5, 2023, just over two thousand (2000) Ukrainian soldiers were killed while attempting a counter-offensive against Russian troops.

Overnight, Ukraine's losses in the direction of Zaporizhia and the southern Donetsk region amounted to almost 17 APCS, 11 IFVS, 9 tanks and more than 900 people. Ukraine's lead was only 700 meters near Velkya Novoselika; the Ukrainians attempted to go on the offensive at Avdeevka but suffered heavy casualties and withdrew.

In the Ugledarisky and Pobjeda (Marinskoye tactical region); the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AUF) attempted to survey the villages around Pobjeda; they suffered casualties amounting to nearly 250 people and 8 vehicles and withdrew.

In the Ugledarisky tactical region, the FAU tried to probe the villages of Myliske and Pavlovka, but suffered losses amounting to 13 vehicles (5 SMVs and 8 IFVs and APCs) and about 5 tanks.

In total, the losses approach 2000 people and nearly 45 vehicles destroyed in a single night of attack.

The battles continue today as the FAU attempt another large-scale probing attack. Western vehicles are involved.

***​

The Ministry of Defense announced the failure of a large-scale offensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine​

The official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Lieutenant General Igor Konashenkov, said that as a result of the actions of the “East” group of troops, the losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine amounted to more than 250 people.

The Armed Forces of Ukraine failed to conduct a full-scale offensive in five sectors of the front in the Yuzhno-Donets direction. This was stated on Monday by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Lieutenant General Igor Konashenkov.

«On the morning of June 4, the enemy launched a full-scale offensive in five sectors of the front in the direction of YuzhnoDonetsk, bringing into the battle 23 and 31 mechanized brigades from the strategic reserves of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, with the support of other units and military subunits. (…) The enemy's objective was to break through our most vulnerable defences, in his opinion, in the front sector. The enemy did not succeedsaid Konashenkov.

He also specifically noted that the Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces, Army General Valery Gerasimov, who is the commander of the united group of troops, was at one of the forward command posts in this direction.

source: The Cause of the People

Corpselover Fat

by Hal Turner

Harold Charles "Hal" Turner (born March 15, 1962) is an American far-right political commentator and convicted felon from North Bergen, New Jersey.

Turner's viewpoints typically encompass Holocaust denial,[1] conspiracy theories,[citation needed] white supremacy,[2] and have included calls for assassination of government officials. In August 2010, he was convicted for making threats against three federal judges with the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, for which he spent two years in prison.

Latest posts

Latest posts