War

audiohi

Veteran
Roms has gone full on angry Hempy.

cc7nskcaiz7a1.jpg

Hermanthegerman

Peri alypias
Veteran
That is how concerned Russia is about collateral damage.

Sad but true, but we must be honest, every war party uses forbidden weapons in every war. If I am right the US uses Napalm the first time in the end of WW2 in Germany. The great question is, why nobody was using poison gas in WW2? Tons of it are rusting and rotting on the ground of the north sea and the baltic sea. Today tourist sometimes pick something up from the beaches at the baltic sea, they think it´s amber, what you really can find there, but it´s poison gas in a hard form. It´s burning in the second your finger/hand.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
napalm not against Geneva Conventions when used on a primarily military target, like a village with tracers coming up at your aircraft. :shucks: this is an "executive decision" made out in the field by the guys being shot at. :whistling: it was made illegal to use on civilians...in 1980.:dunno:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
why don't we change the direction of the thread?

it's obvious at this point that we have groups for and against Russia's bloody assault and destruction of a sovereign country.

i've put up all kinds of statistics and facts about defense budgets, and populations, GDP's of the various parties involved.

the effect of geolocation and the limits it puts on populations and abilities.

direct quotes from putler that he made in his feb 21 speech to the russian people justifying what he was about to do in ukraine.

straight from the kremlin website and putlers mouth.

"I would like to emphasise again that Ukraine is not just a neighbouring country for us. It is an inalienable part of our own history, culture and spiritual space. These are our comrades, those dearest to us – not only colleagues, friends and people who once served together, but also relatives, people bound by blood, by family ties.

Since time immemorial, the people living in the south-west of what has historically been Russian land have called themselves Russians and Orthodox Christians"

and

"The disintegration of our united country was brought about by the historic, strategic mistakes on the part of the Bolshevik leaders and the CPSU leadership, mistakes committed at different times in state-building and in economic and ethnic policies. The collapse of the historical Russia known as the USSR is on their conscience."

clearly, he is talking about taking and keeping Ukraine, all of it, and indicates that he laments the loss of all of the former soviet republics. and would like to have them back too.

he deep;y resents NATO as they have effectively stopped his plans to re-acquire the territories of the former USSR.

i have openly challenged anyone to comment on these putler quotes.

not a single one has done so.

in fact, they have all avoided it like a flock of ducks veering away from the shotgun blast.

they also will not discuss any of the real statistics relating to russia's position economically or militarily.

instead, all we get is turbo-posted propaganda that i and others have repeatedly shot down.

i think from now on i'll just start talking about the actual territory gains and losses and the strategy being used.

i think this war has been an example of a completely new type of approach to fighting a large, powerful, army with a modern, small, technically equipped and savvy army.

the Ukrainians have amazed me with their determination and bravery.

SLAVA UKRAINE!

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

this guy is a former commercial airline pilot. he does continuous updates on changes in front-line positions.

he's pretty accurate and it jives with the institute for the study of war data.