What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

Volcanna

Veteran
Check out this pro Russian propaganda.
C25E7611-516F-4579-A537-A2824FC1547B.jpeg

Brother Nature

Yeah, except America isn't annexing Mexico and then threatening nuclear war because the other countries took their piggy bank away.

ButterflyEffect

It is you who has made a logical fallacy. Actually, it is the hypocrite who is weak (in a debate or argument). Pointing out that something is the opposite of what an opponent says, is not a logical fallacy, btw. Unless you can give a logical explanation... ^Ooh, so close!

Go ahead, make my day... :rasta:

Would you care some mustard for the pretzel you're twisting yourself into there? It seems a tasty hors d'oeuvres for your word salad, nonetheless.

ButterflyEffect

Check out this pro Russian propaganda.

Playing all the classic hits!!

"Whataboutism" - Also known as an Appeal to Hypocrisy or more formally a Tu Quoque fallacy, is when a person attempts to divert blame or wave away criticism of something using blatant hypocrisy to neutralize criticism and distract from the issue.

Keep up those bad faith arguments like Fox, Q, OAN, Newsmax, Breitbart, The Gateway Pundit, The Federalist, trump, and all of your totally real Facebook friends, have taught you. You've learned well.

/Send money now!!!
//Help us defeat those evil, satanic, baby-killing, radical, leftists before we lose everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!1!!!

Hempy McNoodle

Playing all the classic hits!!

"Whataboutism" - Also known as an Appeal to Hypocrisy or more formally a Tu Quoque fallacy, is when a person attempts to divert blame or wave away criticism of something using blatant hypocrisy to neutralize criticism and distract from the issue.

Keep up those bad faith arguments like Fox, Q, OAN, Newsmax, Breitbart, The Gateway Pundit, The Federalist, trump, and all of your totally real Facebook friends, have taught you. You've learned well.

/Send money now!!!
//Help us defeat those evil, satanic, baby-killing, radical, leftists before we lose everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!1! !!

I see you can copy/paste. Impressive. And what is the source of that precious tidbit that you've pasted here for us?

ButterflyEffect

I'd love some! :tiphat:

And then, maybe after the hors d'oeuvres, you can substantiate your argument, lol.

There's nothing to "substantiate", friend. You attempted, poorly, to deflect from what Russia is demonstrably doing to Ukraine by saying, with a meme no less, that "The US did it a bunch of times so you have no moral ground. Putin can do what he wants. I aM veRy SmaRt!!"

Does that define my statement well enough for you? I suspect it likely will not.

ButterflyEffect

I see you can copy/paste. Impressive. And what is the source of that precious tidbit that you've pasted here for us?

Drop what I've said into your favorite search engine if you're so confident of your accusation. I think it's fair to note that your attempt to utilize the 'trick' of making an unfounded accusation toward me and then having me disprove your claim will not bode very well for you, friend.

It's patently obvious to anyone fixed in reality that you're punching way above your weight class. But as I like to say when I'm in that mood....Do go on.

entropical

Veteran
Nahhh, GOT_BUD:
It is very true that Nazi Germany was only defending itself against its aggressors. In fact, years before having to invade Poland, they decided to eliminate Spanish democracy and bomb its civilian population, to try to save the German people from the terrible threat represented by the Machiavellian (or Kalergillian, heh) and genocidal plans that Spain had in store for the Germans: vacations in Palma, top-less, buckets of sangria, buckets of paella, and siesta until the afternoon....
Indeed. I have had a few try to kill me with buckets too, and they succeeded more than once.

Hempy McNoodle

There's nothing to "substantiate", friend. You attempted, poorly, to deflect from what Russia is demonstrably doing to Ukraine by saying, with a meme no less, that "The US did it a bunch of times so you have no moral ground. Putin can do what he wants. I aM veRy SmaRt!!"

Does that define my statement well enough for you? I suspect it likely will not.

You did not explain the 'logical fallacy' aspect of your claim (because you can't).

Hempy McNoodle

Drop what I've said into your favorite search engine if you're so confident of your accusation. I think it's fair to note that your attempt to utilize the 'trick' of making an unfounded accusation toward me and then having me disprove your claim will not bode very well for you, friend.

It's patently obvious to anyone fixed in reality that you're punching way above your weight class. But as I like to say when I'm in that mood....Do go on.

Also known as an Appeal to Hypocrisy or more formally a Tu Quoque fallacy, is when a person attempts to divert blame or wave away criticism of something using blatant hypocrisy to neutralize criticism and distract from the issue. - Search (bing.com)

ButterflyEffect

Did you notice that I paraphrased? No? Didn't think you'd understand the distinction between them. Not that whether I copied the definition of something has any bearing on my point, which it does not in case you're curious.