What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
x.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Gry

entropical

Veteran
they probably are killing civilians but so are the Russians.

dead civilians are a byproduct of war.

any war. all wars. civilians get in the way of the combatants and die.

the funny thing about your post is that somehow you believe the Ukrainians have a different moral code than the Russians.

they are the same people with the same backgrounds. most Ukrainians speak Russian.
I don’t believe anything about it and there is a difference between believing and knowing. The moral code of nazism was imposed on Ukraine via coup d’etat 2014. This is fact as they have been killing civilians since the Euromaidan when snipers shot both civilians and police officials. After that, they burned hundreds of people alive in Odessa while they shot or simply beat others to death. Then they launched their so called anti-terrorist operation. Watch:

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
I don’t believe anything about it and there is a difference between believing and knowing. The moral code of nazism was imposed on Ukraine via coup d’etat 2014. This is fact as they have been killing civilians since the Euromaidan when snipers shot both civilians and police officials. After that, they burned hundreds of people alive in Odessa while they shot or simply beat others to death. Then they launched their so called anti-terrorist operation. Watch:

They didn´t burn hundreds in Odessa, only 42 russian pro russian activists, what is sad enough for the victims.

jump117

Veteran
They didn´t burn hundreds in Odessa, only 42 russian pro russian activists, what is sad enough for the victims.
Well, of course, they burned only 42 alive, this is a trifle, nothing to talk about, at least they did not trade in seized organs, like the Kosovo Albanians - another sprout of democracy in Europe, of the same kind.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
sorry if i punched the wrong buttons with the moral code statement, but, you see, to me, from my perspective, i don't see a great deal of difference.

you were comrades during 45 years of the soviet union but somehow since 1991 they have mutated into some kind of less than human monsters.

i'm sure i just insulted both ukrainians and russians. but that's the way it looks to me.

and the video just above is almost self-cancelling because first the Ukrainians are all nazis and then they are warmongering zionists.

no wonder you have such a low opinion of them. they are warmongering zionists nazis.

sounds pretty scary to me!

talk about jekyll and hyde! see "the strange case of dr jekyll and mr hyde" robert louis stevenson.

come on, man!

entropical

Veteran
More like 397 ukranian victims of the Odessa massacre, which was planned in advance by the right sector, lost their lives either on May 2nd or the following days as result of their injuries. Either take it to heart or keep believing the ”only 42 russian pro russian activists”.

jump117

Veteran
sorry if i punched the wrong buttons with the moral code statement, but, you see, to me, from my perspective, i don't see a great deal of difference.

you were comrades during 45 years of the soviet union but somehow since 1991 they have mutated into some kind of less than human monsters.

i'm sure i just insulted both ukrainians and russians. but that's the way it looks to me.

and the video just above is almost self-cancelling because first the Ukrainians are all nazis and then they are warmongering zionists.

no wonder you have such a low opinion of them. they are warmongering zionists nazis.

sounds pretty scary to me!

talk about jekyll and hyde! see "the strange case of dr jekyll and mr hyde" robert louis stevenson.

come on, man!
Nazism, Zionism, fascism, extreme nationalism, religious fanaticism, anarchism, etc. Political terminology is not a chemical formula, and the space of politics is multidimensional, it is useless to try to reflect it in a one-dimensional model - who is to the right and who is to the left. The forms of evil adapt to the circumstances, and the terminology does not keep up. Many times I have seen, fortunately only on the screen, how people use the word Nazi simply as a dirty word in relation to an opponent whose moral code they do not agree with. The Ukrainian modification, which allows for the Jewish origin of the president next to the glorification of the SS, is called "ukro-Nazi." Quite a synthetic concept, as well as Ukraine itself.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
it's hard to justify killing people unless you dehumanize them first. name calling is an attempt to put people into a defined box.

so you agree that calling ukranians nazi zionist is just a propaganda tool to make them look less than human to justify killing them?

and the ukrainians call the russians "orcs". isn't it the same identical thing?

an attempt to dehumanize in order to justify killing?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
unfortunately, we are all human and there's not a fucking thing we can do about it.

i just read a history of the conflicts that have occurred in europe since 500 bce.

not the details of course, but the list of all the conflicts, which nations or entities participated in each, and the outcomes.

there was never a break in warfare during the entire period of 500 bce to present.

but who is to blame?

all of them or none of them?

every time, each nation involved participated because of their own selfish interests.

i haven't gotten to asia, africa, and the western hemisphere yet for the same type of cursory look, but i'm sure it will be more of the same.

maybe it's our nature as humans.

jump117

Veteran
it's hard to justify killing people unless you dehumanize them first. name calling is an attempt to put people into a defined box.

so you agree that calling ukranians nazi zionist is just a propaganda tool to make them look less than human to justify killing them?

Of course, the enemy is always demonized.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Brit marines have been and are in Ukraine,,,
i've read several times that your RMs are in-country training the Ukrainian troops, demonstrating various pieces of equipment etc. not surprised about that, a bit surprised that it made it into print. it's prob them doing much of the "guerilla attacks" on Russian fuel/ammo dumps.

entropical

Veteran

I am neither russian or ukranian, comrade. But yes it is scary, it is like a nightmare only it is real. You portray words like ukranian, nazi, and zionist as dehumanizing when they are merely descriptive of nationality, of ideology. Orcs on the other hand well, that is nazism.

jump117

Veteran
i've read several times that your RMs are in-country training the Ukrainian troops, demonstrating various pieces of equipment etc. not surprised about that, a bit surprised that it made it into print. it's prob them doing much of the "guerilla attacks" on Russian fuel/ammo dumps.
"It's done!" -?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I am neither russian or ukranian, comrade. But yes it is scary, it is like a nightmare only it is real. You portray words like ukranian, nazi, and zionist as dehumanizing when they are merely descriptive of nationality, of ideology. Orcs on the other hand well, that is nazism.
you are drawing a fine line on what constitutes name-calling.

anytime you use a descriptive term that is derogatory you are name-calling.

i did not think or imply that you are either Ukrainian or Russian.

you are still trying to draw moral conclusions about groups of people. which is unfair.

drawing moral conclusions about an individual is fair if you actually have true information.

by your logic Frodo Baggins in Lord of the Rings was a nazi!