What's new

VaporTek Optimum 4000

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
I have the green bubblegum smell too :biglaugh:

Still experimenting, I now have it in the top of my cab like most recomended, but I think in the air intake was better so might go back to that.

I still think it's more of a cover up though, but the smell is fine.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hi Alex
Yes there is a coverup smell - but when I had to send my Vaportek in for a repair suddenly the area reeked of lemony peppery goodness - far stronger than any scent left by the Vaportek. These guys have to be neutralizing odors, the difference was stunning!

G

yeah i agree i turned it up to 10 and the green smell was much less...i like these things but may supplement with a carbon scrubber as well since i'm going to have to vent/cool my lights as well anyhow...

G

Joined the club. I set up mine a while ago. Damn that thing is powerful. I had it set at 1.5 and it was way too much for plants 2 weeks into flower. The whole appartment smelled like some cleaning chemical (not a bad smell though). Now I got it on 0.5 and it is fine.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Good to hear it works, I got rid of them nasty smells too bro, and now we are working on the new growroom that will be ready in about a month, the carage is much better, it almost smells fresh there lmao. :D

O

OHenry

I've been cranking up my VTek4K and getting minimal results. After talking to a few friends this w/e I am led to believe I had gotten an expired or defective cartridge. I called the supplier and they were very happy to replace the cartridge. I'm hopin that when this when shows tomorrow I'll have no worries later on. I know it's gonna work...just a matter of time now.

*From what I understand....having it on 9 or 10 would make you gag.

OH :joint:

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
I had some buds drying in the living room closet. I was in the connecting room with it on 2 and it was making my eyes water almost. It was that strong.

G

OHenry said:
I've been cranking up my VTek4K and getting minimal results. After talking to a few friends this w/e I am led to believe I had gotten an expired or defective cartridge. I called the supplier and they were very happy to replace the cartridge. I'm hopin that when this when shows tomorrow I'll have no worries later on. I know it's gonna work...just a matter of time now.

*From what I understand....having it on 9 or 10 would make you gag.

OH :joint:

Prepare to GAG.
No Shit.

shopvac

question?

can these be put say in or after exhaust.

very hesitant to put anything odor neutralizing IN there.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Shouldn't be a problem :wink:

Check out the Vaportek site, they have a passive mount for the Optimum 4000 cartridges you can use in exhaust vents, might even be cheaper :wave:

G

Please NOTE:

Running INSIDE AN EXHAUST LINE,an INLINE OZONE GENERATOR is 10000% cheaper and just as effective.

VTek's are for in-house/in-grow* odor neutralisation....

Just an fyi.

*In-grows,use an airlock system between the door and plants,with the VTek inside the airlock.

15Diagram0001.jpg

Last edited:
G

For the European residents looking for a comparable deal to what could be saved in purchasing from North America because of the exchange rates...here's the solution!

3Counties Hydroponics in the UK sells the V-Tek 4000 unit including a cartridge for GBP £170, which is equal to roughly €251,00 depending on the exchange rates. To order from the US, people in Euroland will be paying (approximately) €130-150 for the unit, €40-50 for the cartridge, €25-50 for the shipping, €20-30 for the current converter. Do some math and you'll see it comes out more or less the same. I've already contacted them and they ship to most European countries.

For an EXCELLENT deal on replacement cartridges, Branching Out in the UK has a package deal of two cartridges for GBP £22,99 (including VAT) which is approximately €34 for two cartridges, possibly better than you can find them for in N. America! Note: on the Branching Out website the item descriptions for the two kinds of replacement cartridges on sale (canister cartridge for V-Tek 4000 and membrane cartridges for the small round V-Tek unit) are reversed :rolleyes:

G

Rezdog said:
*In-grows,use an airlock system between the door and plants,with the VTek inside the airlock.
15Diagram0001.jpg
What happens if you don't use an airlock? Will the vapors harm the plant or the smoker who smokes buds grown in a room with a Vtek unit? In our current grow room there is an airlock but I've been thinking about using the Vtek unit at home too. I don't think my girlfriend will let me build an airlock at home...

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Indigo said:
For the European residents looking for a comparable deal to what could be saved in purchasing from North America because of the exchange rates...here's the solution!

3Counties Hydroponics in the UK sells the V-Tek 4000 unit including a cartridge for GBP £170, which is equal to roughly €251,00 depending on the exchange rates. To order from the US, people in Euroland will be paying (approximately) €130-150 for the unit, €40-50 for the cartridge, €25-50 for the shipping, €20-30 for the current converter. Do some math and you'll see it comes out more or less the same. I've already contacted them and they ship to most European countries.

For an EXCELLENT deal on replacement cartridges, Branching Out in the UK has a package deal of two cartridges for GBP £22,99 (including VAT) which is approximately €34 for two cartridges, possibly better than you can find them for in N. America! Note: on the Branching Out website the item descriptions for the two kinds of replacement cartridges on sale (canister cartridge for V-Tek 4000 and membrane cartridges for the small round V-Tek unit) are reversed :rolleyes:

Now someone finds a good deal :badday: Couldn't you have posted that 2 months ago?! :bat: :D

Oh well, the cartridge deal is still a good 'n though, thanks for the info! :yes:

G

Now someone finds a good deal Couldn't you have posted that 2 months ago?!

I wasn't here two months ago :D....actually came across that just yesterday and posted it right on up after checking with 3Counties to see if they'd ship to other European countries, and have confirmation on the price. They answered right away by the way, which favorably impressed me. The cartridge deal is the shiznit...so go for it! :yes: They're probably the 90 day cartridges and not the 120, but still, the deal is unbeatable on this side of the pond!

:wave:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Hell yea :D

I ordered my unit from sensi so payed a couple of € more, but have the safety of knowing that I can drive up to Amsterdam within 2 hours if I have any guarantee claims :wink:

I'm deffo gonna order 4-6 cartridges though just to get stocked up :biglaugh:

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
effectiveness problem

effectiveness problem

yes i set it right in front of the a/c unit in the flower room

Is there a device on that (window?) Air conditioner to choose between closed environment or open fresh air intake? Perhaps the chemical is being sucked out of the room before it can chemically react in the environmental atmosphere of the room.
Does the air exhausting the a/c reek standing outside the building?
I'm assuming you've tried alternative device placement around/across the room from the A.C... the fact that the Vaportek is not being effective at ten is a puzzler, being a mourge quality, reeking odor elimination device and all.

Renuzit brand Super Odor Killer Can come in quite handy when odor leaks into a living area becomes a concern. I have used these in close quarter neighborhood grows and none of the neighbors suspected I had a pet skunk ;)

I can see that the setup that Rez illustrated on the use of an airlock system as an odor control method would be a highly desirable and effective addition to many growroom situations.

Super Odor Killer®
The essence of mint, lavender and spices blend with citrus notes to create an intense and distinctive fragrance. Your home will smell sparkling fresh and clean.
:cool:

Last edited:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
For any1 in the UK, I know it was already mentioned, but Ponics sell them for £190, and they are a reliable company, I have ordered things from them, never took more than a couple of days when I sent my money special delivery...
also, the chap in australia.....if ur 240 you mi9ght be Ok with a UK one, would just maybe have to put whatever the plug is down under....... Im not an electrician so dont take it as gospel, and getting it shipped could be a real "Ball-ache"

EDIT Whoops, didnt see your post Indigo.....thanks, you just saved me 20 quid, lol

Last edited:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Indigo said:

Hello again :D

Have you actually ordered of them?? I've mailed them asking about that mix up as I don't want to order the wrong stuff, but have not had a reply yet :badday: