What's new

VaporTek Optimum 4000

nycnoob

Sorry guys...I am kind of lazy to look through the thread cause my computer is slow..could someone link me to the US distributors..Thanks..

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Nice info packn - you renaissance man you! :yes: :yes:

Scientist - you're gonna be in love all over again :smile: great product!

G

Hey pack, that's some great info but its way over my head :yoinks:

I've taken a look at some of the electrical thingamajiggys over here, and I confirm that we run 50HZ.

Below is what's on the label on the back of my fan:

230V - 50Hz - 50W

And on the back of my tv:

AC 220V-240V - 50Hz - 75W

Now they put "60 Hz AC only" on the back that is why it is a concern. I don't know if they are saying just AC only or are talking about the 60Hz.

From a peon who knows very little about the workings of electricity, my uneducated hunch is that "60 Hz AC only" refers to the AC and not to the 60Hz.

Given this information do you still feel it would work with a converter? I can't seem to find my electricina friend who could take a look at what you wrote and give me an informed opinion on this side. Thanks again, you put some interesting info up!

:wave:

toofat

Blue, I have a partial answer

Blue, I have a partial answer

xxbluevelvetxx said:
OK, I do believe I've found the best deal of all on these Vaportek 4000 units.

They are pricing the unit at US$147 without the cartridge. Cartirdges cost $49.95 for the 90 day refill and $57.95 for the 120 day refill. The store is called The Growstore, four locations in the Colorado area....

Anyone ever odered from them please? I'd like to know because to arrange the purchase of the Vaportek and overseas shipment I have to call Colorado from Europe, and it irks me to call if they're not reliable. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help!

The link you provided turns out to be reliable. I ordered on Friday and received the following Wednesday. It would have arrived on Tuesday, but that Monday was Memorial Day. They were out of the 120 day carts, so I had to get the 90 day. The most important aspect is that it arrived in a plain brown box with a personal name for the return address. I had to think what I had ordered. :chin: The point being, if I had to think what it was no-one else would have a clue.

Blue good luck on your quest. :woohoo:

G

toofat, excellent! Thanks for your hands-on input. That store is hands down the cheapest I've found, and when I saw they had 4 shops in the Colorado area, well, I figured they weren't a scam. Again, thanks, positive feedback like yours is precious to many :smile:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Hmm that's good info then, was just about to order it from our distributor in Germany for €239. With the $ > € rate at the mo that's an even better deal :D

Sleepy

Veteran
a day late and a dollar short...

a day late and a dollar short...

sorry it took me so long... :bat:

believe me, this thing WORKS.

buy one, get an extra cartridge. plug it in. DONE! :sasmokin:

G

Heads Up Vaportek on eBay

Heads Up Vaportek on eBay

I'd like to give a heads up for those of you in Europe who've been looking into the Vaportek unit sold on Ebay at this link and by the ebay store "VOIP Phones" in Singapore.

The unit is a 220V volt unit advertised as Vaportek 1000/4000, and very tempting because of the price. So tempting in fact that I contacted the seller to ask some questions, among which why the unit was advertised as a 1000/4000. After much hedging, many exchanges of mails because of partial answers that didn't satisfy me...I got down to the nitty gritty....did anyone ever have any doubts that I would? LOL :D.

The deal is this - the unit is a 1000 unit, Vaportek does not even fabbricate them anymore, and this guy must have stocked up on them at rock bottom prices, he has them advertised in the British eBay website and the German as well...wouldn't be surprised to see him advertising it on all of the Euro eBay sites.

I was told that all I had to do was contact Vaportek USA for a free upgrade to the 4000, and was provided the phone number of Vaportek USA. :yoinks: I may be a stoner, but I'm far from stupid. If I have to have the damn thing shipped from Singapore to Europe, to have to turn around and ship it to the USA and then have it shipped back to me in Europe...well, I'll pass, thank you. I'll be spending more in shipping than I would be saving on the purchase.

I believe the guy is entirely on the up and up as far as the transaction and shipping of the item. I don't believe he's very much on the up and up in regard to providing information. I doubt he would have told me this beforehand if I hadn't pinned him to the wall....can't play me for a fool :whip:

So people, that's the deal on that particular eBay offer from that particular seller. Some might find it worthwhile and go for it...I did not and passed. But at least y'all can now make an informed decision.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Thanks for the heads up. Also yall be weary, ive been receiving an exorbitant amount of emails for ebay items ive never purchased or bid on. That claim to be from ebay, telling me to pay a certain seller. The price has always redicously low for a brand new item. Ive emailed ebay and they are fakes. The email insist that i wiretransfer the money... I would never pay a seller with westernunion or wire transfer. It doesnt really offer any form of security.

just my .02

be safe

G

I get those emails at my office too...I get all kinds of wierd mail in the office :eek:

G

A North American unit and a simple adaptor is probably the best choice for Europeans.

The Euro vs. the Canadian Dollar should easily offset the cost of shipping.

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Because it uses a motor...and the label that Sleepy and MGJ posted says 60 cycles..They may use a different motor in the euro model. Contact Vaportek and tell them you already have a US model you want to use with 220VAC 50Hz using an adaptor. See what they say. :wave:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Oh yes people here it is, finally an answer of the peeps that know :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

My mail to Vaportek yesterday:

Hello,

I own a 4000 unit bought in the US and am moving back to Germany soon. Will it work over there with a current converter? I've found 220v>110v converters but the german net generally runs on 50hz rather than 60hz, that's my only worry.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

The answer that just came:

Good Morning,
Thanks for contacting Vaportek. I believe the Optimum 4000 would would work with a converter (similar to a hair dryer or other small appliance). It doesn't draw much power. Our European office is located in Geneva, Switzerland, so you can contact them for replacement cartridges or anything else you might need. Their phone number is 011 41 223 422 145. Again, thank you for your interest in Vaportek products.

Regards,
Carol Abrahamson
Vaportek Customer Service

I think that solves our problem :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Ok anyone wanting to thank me in any way, I'm up for free seeds, cash and weed of any kind :biglaugh: