What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Trump thread part 2 (Or anything else we want to talk about that's ridiculous in politics today)

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I didn’t say that, but strawman arguments are popular I guess.
Not a strawman arguement at all you said "Explain how the most popular ideas don’t win in pure democracy" thereby implying that someone else claimed that the US was a pure democracy.I merely pointed it out that the US was not a pure democracy nor did anyone claim it to be. But nice projection, I guess that's still popular with you Trump Supporters after watching your Orange Jesus do it so often.

HempKat

Veteran
These are facts.

We need a labor party, this democratic experiment has failed because both party's(the duopoly) tolerate malignant neoliberalism, and propagate it to fight any collectivist institutions, through regulatory capture and other means.

I heard Donald trump get called a scab in Michigan, a crowd of people chanted this, more class agitation is needed.
Do you have any clue as to why they called him that? It was because he went to a non union shop and handed everyone there UAW for Trump signs. Union people tend to get upset when you try to replace them with non union people and then try to act like you have support of the union.

HempKat

Veteran
or the prosecutor did not prove his case... i never said that because u are found 'not guilty' , u didn't commit the crime.. as u correctly state, could be a technicality , or there was not enough evidence to convict..

its not a perfect system , but its what we got...
Yes and all of that has nothing to do with people who claim to have respect for the rule of law and fiscal responsibility as their core values and yet go on to cheat poor people out of what little they have while at the same time criticising the government for giving poor people any sort of assistance.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's not really shocking that window lickers have zero clue that the Republicans have been doing everything they can for the last 50 years to make the government as dysfunctional as possible so they can point to it and say, "See! It doesn't work!"

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
It's not really shocking that window lickers have zero clue that the Republicans have been doing everything they can for the last 50 years to make the government as dysfunctional as possible so they can point to it and say, "See! It doesn't work!"
well when obama had all '3' branches, why didn't he kick some ass???? -

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Yes and all of that has nothing to do with people who claim to have respect for the rule of law and fiscal responsibility as their core values and yet go on to cheat poor people out of what little they have while at the same time criticising the government for giving poor people any sort of assistance.
yep the rep's suck, and the dems are god's gift

Shua1991

Regulatory capture and neoliberalism.

Shua1991

At least in New York, if one of my female relatives is raped, or decides not to have their pregnancy prolonged - she can get an abortion. In the republican dominated south, pedophiles can choose the mothers of their children. Imagine voting for the pedophile protection party. Child beauty pageants are southern phenomenon.
ix9irtu5lngd1 (1).png

Go Republicans!

Hiddenjems

Not a strawman arguement at all you said "Explain how the most popular ideas don’t win in pure democracy" thereby implying that someone else claimed that the US was a pure democracy.I merely pointed it out that the US was not a pure democracy nor did anyone claim it to be. But nice projection, I guess that's still popular with you Trump Supporters after watching your Orange Jesus do it so often.
I don’t imply anything. My words mean what they state.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It looks like your question was crafted to imply as well as present a strawman argument.

Watching the dodging is entertaining.

I hope this continues.

Hiddenjems

All this gets real simple when you realize I speak for myself, and no one speaks for me.

I simply stated that democracy is populism.

That is a true statement. Stop bending yourselves into pretzels looking for an angle it’s not true.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
At least in New York, if one of my female relatives is raped, or decides not to have their pregnancy prolonged - she can get an abortion. In the republican dominated south, pedophiles can choose the mothers of their children. Imagine voting for the pedophile protection party. Child beauty pageants are southern phenomenon.

Go Republicans!
that is true.... and if the rapist is a doctor, he can perform the abortion as he will be released on bail, or maybe no bail...

HempKat

Veteran
well when obama had all '3' branches, why didn't he kick some ass???? -
Because it's not as simpl as just having all three branches. With how divided the country is partisan politics almost insures the majorities in the House and Senate will be razor thin. With so many important things requiring a super majority to pass a minority party can block much of what the majority can do. Which is exacty what prevented Obama from accomplishing more then he did.

Sure there is a lot a president can do on his own with executive orders but he can't create new legislation that way and executive orders can be easily undone by the next administration.

HempKat

Veteran
I don’t imply anything. My words mean what they state.
You weren't stating something, you were asking a question and generally speaking the tone of a question implies something, especially when it's a leading question like, "Explain how the most popular ideas don’t win in pure democracy".

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Ah okay I see the problem, you haven't a clue, I mean if you think any politician is god's gift then clearly you just say stuff that you think will get a rise out of people.
no rise.... i am just reading the threads.... trump sucks (which he does), and the dem's are great... nothing more, nothing less

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Because it's not as simpl as just having all three branches. With how divided the country is partisan politics almost insures the majorities in the House and Senate will be razor thin. With so many important things requiring a super majority to pass a minority party can block much of what the majority can do. Which is exacty what prevented Obama from accomplishing more then he did.

Sure there is a lot a president can do on his own with executive orders but he can't create new legislation that way and executive orders can be easily undone by the next administration.
when u have all 3 branches of gov't, u can pass ANYTHING, that does not require a super majority... so people want gun control (i do tooo), why wasn't it passed... etc etc...

Latest posts

Latest posts