What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Trump thread part 2 (Or anything else we want to talk about that's ridiculous in politics today)

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
All this gets real simple when you realize I speak for myself, and no one speaks for me.

I simply stated that democracy is populism.

That is a true statement. Stop bending yourselves into pretzels looking for an angle it’s not true.
You're the one doing the bending. You want people to respond to that statement but when they didn't you threw out your leading question in hopes to get the response you wanted but instead of peope responding to your statement they're responding to your question since it's impossible to answer becausse there is no pure democracy anywhere in the world.

All this gets real simple when you stop trying to play these word games and just make your arguements or counter arguements in a straightforward manner.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
when u have all 3 branches of gov't, u can pass ANYTHING, that does not require a super majority... so people want gun control (i do tooo), why wasn't it passed... etc etc...
Since gun laws impacts something that is seen as a constitutionally protected right it requires more then just a simple majority. If it didn't there would definitely be a lot more gun control laws on the books considering it's something that's been battled in congress for decades.

Is your understanding of how the government works really that vague? i mean this is pretty basic stuff that most people discussing politics understand. If you don't understand things even on such basic levels when it comes to how the government works then perhaps you should consider becoming active in a thread less geard to politics, like perhaps the joke of the day thread.

Cannavore

Veteran
All this gets real simple when you realize I speak for myself, and no one speaks for me.

I simply stated that democracy is populism.

That is a true statement. Stop bending yourselves into pretzels looking for an angle it’s not true.
Democracy isn't populism.

Then you responded asking how the most popular ideas don't win in a "pure" democracy.

I responded by saying "capital".... Meaning the rich people own all the institutions, the media, the TV stations, the airways, etc and will spend money as an investment making sure their ideas and their candidates dominate the discussions.

Populism isn't simply "the most popular ideas". And it's mostly a leftist thing as far right populism is a polite way of saying nationalist and/or fascist.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Since gun laws impacts something that is seen as a constitutionally protected right it requires more then just a simple majority. If it didn't there would definitely be a lot more gun control laws on the books considering it's something that's been battled in congress for decades.

Is your understanding of how the government works really that vague? i mean this is pretty basic stuff that most people discussing politics understand. If you don't understand things even on such basic levels when it comes to how the government works then perhaps you should consider becoming active in a thread less geard to politics, like perhaps the joke of the day thread.
i think u mite be rite.... i'll start my joke of the day with one of your threads... usually good for a laugh

Hiddenjems

Democracy isn't populism.

Then you responded asking how the most popular ideas don't win in a "pure" democracy.

I responded by saying "capital".... Meaning the rich people own all the institutions, the media, the TV stations, the airways, etc and will spend money as an investment making sure their ideas and their candidates dominate the discussions.

Populism isn't simply "the most popular ideas". And it's mostly a leftist thing as far right populism is a polite way of saying nationalist and/or fascist.
Whether they’ve been coerced or not, the winner of a democratic election is the popular opinion.

It’s simple math.

A document like the us constitution prevents democracy from doing idiotic things to groups small enough to be greatly outnumbered.

Hiddenjems

You're the one doing the bending. You want people to respond to that statement but when they didn't you threw out your leading question in hopes to get the response you wanted but instead of peope responding to your statement they're responding to your question since it's impossible to answer becausse there is no pure democracy anywhere in the world.

All this gets real simple when you stop trying to play these word games and just make your arguements or counter arguements in a straightforward manner.
Word games? Can a man get pregnant?

Shua1991

Whether they’ve been coerced or not, the winner of a democratic election is the popular opinion.

It’s simple math.

A document like the us constitution prevents democracy from doing idiotic things to groups small enough to be greatly outnumbered.
This is a lie, by omission. You have terrifyingly bad logic here.

Latest posts

Latest posts