What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Wolverine97

Veteran
Here's my two bobs worth... as a West Coast Great South Gondwana dweller. I don't think I ever saw or heard of any kind of Sth American strains in these parts. The bigger Eastern cities and other places is quite likely a different story. Wally saw and tasted a few things we never seem to have access to. Like the Choc Thai and compressed stuff. Thai was almost always stick based... and other SE Asian in tiny amounts in bags or envelopes. The halcyon days for my generation was the seventies with some bleed into the 80's... with home grown then making an appearance on the blocks. Of course, many of us were living pretty poor, so the do re me was in short supply. Somehow we managed.

I remember a guy who worked in my office. He had a barmaid girlfriend with access to some imports. He sold me about 4-5 grams of Sumatran Red for $5. He slipped the airmail envelope under my blotter (late 60's btw) steath like. It was browny red... and was bleedin strong. But knock you down more than soaring like Thai. And a big dose of red eye to go with it. There were a few less liars around in the day, so I suspect the provenance was accurate. Other stuff I encountered around SE Asia in the day was well and truly in the Thai pantheon of excellence.

What intrigues me is not hearing much from your old guys about head to head comparisons of genuine Thai effects compared with the top shelf Colombians and the like from the day. (CG, SMG, Pan and the like). Somewhere in the archives of Rolling Stone mag (70's perhaps) is an interview with Jeff Bridges by one of the RS journalists. Bridges was just making a mark around then. What I remember is the reference by the journalist to the Thai Stick/Hash stash Bridges was rolling up for what I assume was an amenable encounter. I wonder anyone in this place remembers seeing that interview? Not been able to reference it anywhere.

BTW, in response to my inquiry recently about how much Thai was in Tom's Haze line, I was told 50%... according to the man himself. But the narrative on most of what else goes for Haze varies from moderate amounts of Thai to bugger all. Depending on who you read. Without pretty focused genetic testing seems we'll never know for sure. But in my 50 years I've yet to encounter anything of the power of SE Asian strains. With those early renditions of Thai Stick (Buddha) unsurpassed from my humble experience. Them's were the days.

Here's some guerrilla grow pics from 1981. Most sativa looking. But some of them look distinctively Indica leaning... and some damn frosty. In those days, info on genetics etc was slim pickings. These would have been almost all bag seeds. The diversity, even then, was notable. I remember getting gifted some seeds around this time. Big with tiger stripes which, from the smell of the mature plants, I later deduced were probably some early skunk iterations. Damn that turned out to be amazingly potent shit. Right up there. But I can see how much opportunity I squandered given what we know now. Ain't hindsight a wonderful thang?
This seems to be the interview you mentioned. The google summary has a blurb about him rolling "a mixture of thai stick and homegrown.." But there's a paywall, I can't read it. Anyone have a Rolling Stone account?

CharlesU Farley

This seems to be the interview you mentioned. The google summary has a blurb about him rolling "a mixture of thai stick and homegrown.." But there's a paywall, I can't read it. Anyone have a Rolling Stone account?
Must not respond in thread... said you were in _lurk_ mode, must not respond in thread.. unless, just _maybe_ you can be helpful in a Crazy Hz thread :) :

Old Uncle Ben

Any of you have any real questions about haze or cannabis before i split?

What a guy. (y)

Ya, I have a question for his Royal Hiney Ho, have you done a nuclear genome sequence on the seeds you play with? Maybe you can 'weed' out that lambsbread in your collection, eh? ;) It's done in the plant world ya know, like with avocados to determine the background, genetic inputs, of a hybrid from start to finish. https://today.ucsd.edu/story/avocado-genome-is-at-the-center-of-new-study

It's the same old shit around here with the ol Pollen Chuckers Tease - "grow out a bunch and pick the best ones as parents".

UB

Wolverine97

Veteran
Dj's Blueberry #14 x THH (8 males)

This one smells just like the Blueberry mother, what a flashback
View attachment 19057965

2nd pheno, no smell yet
View attachment 19057964
Seems like you will have a good shot at that blissful, floaty feel good high with this cross. Got my interest for sure. That's what made Blue Dream so popular, well that and it produced commercial volume.

Old Uncle Ben

your link on the fabric pots seems broke, what do you recommend for indoor and outdoor growers

Gardening is all about the roots, period. The rest will follow.

I grow large tropical fruit trees in my greenhouse in bottomless RootBuilder "pots". Would work well outdoors especially with long flowering equatorial types. rootmaker.com

AvocadosJan12#2.jpg

Recent indica grow was in MicroKoted pots. Airpots, rootmaker are good choices, fabric are not. They dry out too fast.

MicroKoteRootsMay2023#3.jpg

Deep Chunk root system was so thick I had to beat the soil off to show off the root mass. This is what you want to end with - efficient root mass.

MicroKoteDeepChunkMaleApril14#2.jpg

Another outdoor trick I use is to drop a 3 gal. pot into a 3" hole, kick up the native soil around the bottom. Roots will find the drainholes and grow into native soil reeping the benefits from water/nutrients leaching out of the pot. I ran an emitter off a poly on my irrigation system on this sativa. Colas were so heavy staking didn't stop them doing down.

July. Believe the harvest was around Oct. Topped as a seedling for 4 main colas.

PartialJuly21resized.jpg

2 of the colas, August.

TwoColasAug29.jpg

Super dense root mass. Notice thick, white roots out the drain holes. This a common practice with Xmas tree growers selling living trees. 15 and 30 gal. common sizes.

FibrousRootball.jpg

UB

GrandpaMillenial

Gardening is all about the roots, period. The rest will follow.

I grow large tropical fruit trees in my greenhouse in bottomless RootBuilder "pots". Would work well outdoors especially with long flowering equatorial types. rootmaker.com

View attachment 19058728

Recent indica grow was in MicroKoted pots. Airpots, rootmaker are good choices, fabric are not. They dry out too fast.

View attachment 19058719

Deep Chunk root system was so thick I had to beat the soil off to show off the root mass. This is what you want to end with - efficient root mass.

View attachment 19058720

Another outdoor trick I use is to drop a 3 gal. pot into a 3" hole, kick up the native soil around the bottom. Roots will find the drainholes and grow into native soil reeping the benefits from water/nutrients leaching out of the pot. I ran an emitter off a poly on my irrigation system on this sativa. Colas were so heavy staking didn't stop them doing down.

July. Believe the harvest was around Oct. Topped as a seedling for 4 main colas.

View attachment 19058721

2 of the colas, August.

View attachment 19058722

Super dense root mass. Notice thick, white roots out the drain holes. This a common practice with Xmas tree growers selling living trees. 15 and 30 gal. common sizes.

View attachment 19058723

UB

Thanks Uncle Ben!

My last couple grows i was using depleted soil w jacks classic, im sure your familiar with the “dynamic duo”.

But Im really trying to refine my landrace and haze growing. A big part of this has been just ditching the salts and using a lot of mulch.

I been sorta… switching back and forth between buckets and bags, mainly depending upon how well the mix drains.

also, I dropped the calmag and i mathed it out.
IMG_0586.jpeg

my personal calmag recipie, its so natural you can drink it.

For every 1 gallon water of water.

2.5 grams gypsum
1.25 grams epsom
1 tsp of molasses some micros but mostly sugar

This helps brings my low smelling thai girls to flavor town

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Take down toms work lol ive never grown his gear. Man you're all over the place. For the record i like Ace gear. I'll certainly never bring up phylos again
the more ridiculous it is... never grown it, but you know golden tiger is better than it LOL

but you got what you deserve from dubi already, so I let you be.

Last edited:

Morphote

Veteran
Ok Hempy is my friend and he loves the plant more than most....for that alone I will always respect him. I hope he does come back. This forum would be better for it. And no I don't necessarily have to agree with him on everything, but his passion is second to none. Yes that fucking means something. To me.

And Texas isn't all shit weed, Tom. There have actually been some amazing cuts grown quietly that would never be considered anything but dank: Texas Hashplant, The Nectar, 1988 Skunk #1, Shoreline, Hawaiian Candy, Electric Haze, Lavender, Mikado x BC Kush, and Pineapple Punch just to name a few. Now I will concede that none were true sativas, but they were not "shit".

Now, this last bit you may not believe, but here goes. I have experienced acid level effects from cannabis. It happened in Amsterdam. I smoked some C13 Haze from Grey Area that tore my head off. It reminded me of some of the best liquid acid I have tried, stronger than regular paper acid or mushrooms. It was a clear thought in my head at the time that I had never actually smoked real weed before...that's how strong it was. I was thinking Amsterdam would kill me and I had no business being there. Looking back, it's hilarious.

Laugh at me if you like, but later that week I smoked a straight joint of Amnesia Haze in the Cannabis Castle with a group of people, one of which was an employee who was supposed to work there later. He ended up talking to himself, taking off all this clothes and running down one of the canals, and did not show up for work that night. That was when I learned Europeans mostly only mix cannabis with tobacco. They actually thought I had drugged the guy, so I showed them the rest of the joint and the nug it was rolled from, and they let me go. From that point on, I was known as "the American".

Tom, my one haze question for you is: let's say I/we find the 5% plant. What's next? How would you proceed? Outcross, self, backcross? Monocrop, hydro, soil? Greenhouse or straight sunshine?...what's the best way to proceed? Also, are there any paired/linked traits in particular you look for within haze. Thanks in advance.

M.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
But you have used the same strain name twice haven’t you BAAAH HAH HAA

‘SURREAL’

Hah ha what a great name Jesus fucking christ that’s dumb.

Plants you picked were not worthy but the silly name you liked so much you used it again.

Hah hah!!!

btw

Tom Hill called such names ‘faggy’ if i recall. Sorry i don’t have that post saved. Hah hah
you are dumb, it is humor. cause there is Big SUR Holyweed.. so I called it Sur Real, like that. LOL I have never claimed it smokes trippy as it is happy mexican weed. in that project the goal was not trippy weed. I know it is too much for your lil brain. hahahahahaha

you can ask anyone who got Surreal from me, that I didn't claim it is trippy weed.

Can you show me where Tom Hill criticize names of my varieties?

for you the names are important. not plants. isn't it very dumb? you silly? LOL

If I remember, he said this about my work

TomHill said:
Excellent work Mahakala. Clearly defined goals and well thought out strategy. Very enjoyable to watch.

:ROFLMAO:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Lmfao….

what “gear” of mine have you grown; I’ve never sent you anything EVER in my life which is your issue, you kept begging me & I shut you down / off, never sent you a thing ! Who lacks integrity…?! Wow ! You’re a muppet, everyone knows it

Secondly I’ve never sold a seed in my life; if someone is complaining about my “gear” they are welcome a full refund, they can even send back the money I spent on postage - lol…

Hermaphroditic Muppet - HM for short is how I’ll reference you moving forwards

Carry on y’all :)
it is my opinion. from my experience with you.

just look like you have to stress that Tom Hill drunks beer... so pathetic. he said he drinks few beers per week, but you wanted to make him looked like some alcoholics LOL but who the fuck cares how Tom Hill lives? and it is not your thing at all... who you think you are? you jealousy looser. lackin integrity completely.

gossiped ACE gear, yet you used zamaldelica and their panama for your stupid crosses. lacking integrity.

I remember it very well like you stated that @dubi is mixing indica to his sativas at GrowMore junky site... because you have no idea about breeding. again lacking integrity.

you got colombian gold from Huesos for reproduction, well 30 plants is not reproduction you silly, but okay. I asked you if you can share some seeds with me. you acted like king of the world and complete dumbass. whining and crying about somebody is asking you for some seeds, as you are so important, but only in your mind. so I had to ask Huesos for it, and I got it without attacks or ledo crying. I dont even know why I asked you for it. freaky shit.

you wanted toms haze seeds from me, I refused. I have right for it. remember it.

you dont even smoke cannabis, you yourself told me.. so how can even somebody select plant properly without smoking test? I dont know, and I dont care LOL

sativas you grow outdoors at your lattitude cant finish properly there, never LOL but who cares? when you dont smoke it, right?, the most important is that you have pics hahahahah who is muppet here?

drink your cider and get back, with sun in your back.. to GrowMore, which is much better site than icmag according to your words,

we all know you hate icmag.

you dont grow toms haze, you dont like it, you call it DC hybrid. you are only interested in taking down Tom Hill and other toms haze lovers down, you want to take down joy people have from growing his line, you want him to look like alcoholics, again and again... it is very disgusting, you should control your jealousy better.

anyone of lovers of toms haze doesn't care about your junk gear. you made yourself look your gear like that with stupid tendency to make Tom Hill looked like total alcoholics LOL he is acloholics meledo is not. thats why ledo is breeding it better than Tom Hill, that is so poor. cheap and simply lacking any integrity.

it is useless effort from you. as we all see his work. preservation of DC, pine tar kush or X18 paki hashplant. and of course wonderful and beatiful posi haze. his work speaks for itself, regardless how many beers he drinks per week. ledo you are clown.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts