What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Taima-da

Black holes were conceptual before they were discovered. Go figure.

Many things existed in the mind before physical reality. A light bulb for instance.

Science is driven by the mind and curiosity.

If you know about fume de lata, heat certainly didnt hurt the product but containers were airtight.

What even is the meaning of good?

the stuff itself is good, apart from almost anything we give ourselves credit for,

- just seeds passed from one to another, some people doing a little work on it.

There are attributes and preferences.

We can value the experiences of others, or write them off .
The fact that they differ is the interesting bit.

That's the thing about haze, even when it's not the highest THC for some reason the experience is still qualitatively preferable, for some.

What does science currently say about that?
Entourage effect is a fairly recent explanation.
Imagine if we discover new active compounds.

Say Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabiphorol

Or others?

Our understandings may well change.

Last edited:

midwestkid

Veteran
100 more reasons to argue!

20230705_134739.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm unable to cure my best for a long cure lol. I have limited experience curing pure Sats/Hazes. Most of what I grow are poly hybrids.

Ive found the most noticeable impact was on the harshness/Smotthness of the smoke and the conversion of cannabinoids that enhanced the high.

Cannabinoid Conversion takes time. Decarboxylation will take place when curing. CBGA acts kind of like a parent cannabinoid acid and typically breaks down into THCA, CBDA, and CBCA.. The more CBGA a plant has the better. Thc% did drop in the lab tests I had done. IMO THC alone doesn't make for the best highs..

Nexus7

100 more reasons to argue!

View attachment 18862532

No disrespect to Tom Hill but some of those seedlings, especially those in the top left corner, show obvious signs of Indica influence imho. It's not just that the leaves are a little on the broad side some of the leaves are even over-lapping!

I'm not even sure how people could dispute the Indica influence regardless of how Sativa it smokes or looks in flower.

Not doubt it gonna be top smoke with those kinda numbers and I really enjoyed madmac selection of THH but imho ...

THH
Pure Haze - Possibly
Pure Sativa - Not a chance

RobFromTX

No disrespect to Tom Hill but some of those seedlings, especially those in the top left corner, show obvious signs of Indica influence imho. It's not just that the leaves are a little on the broad side some of the leaves are even over-lapping!

I'm not even sure how people could dispute the Indica influence regardless of how Sativa it smokes or looks in flower.

Not doubt it gonna be top smoke with those kinda numbers and I really enjoyed madmac selection of THH but imho ...

THH
Pure Haze - Possibly

But i thought Haze was a pure sativa?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

THH
Pure Haze - Possibly
i wouldn't judge from seedlings ,
sometimes they show fatter leaf in the beginning , even pure sativas do ,
wait a while and see how they turn out is always the wiser thing to do ....

Nexus7

i wouldn't judge from seedlings ,
sometimes they show fatter leaf in the beginning , even pure sativas do ,
wait a while and see how they turn out is always the wiser thing to do ....

20230615_211939.jpg

No doubt they express as pure or almost pure Sativa come harvest time, like the delicious specimen pictured above, but some plants at least have clear Indica blood in them imho and I think Tom alludes to it himself.

Selected for large heads, chunky flowers and can even be mold suseptible when grown outdoors ... struggles to grow above 5-6ft

Where are all the 3-5m tall THH plants?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
ask tom
he is the one with more experience with this variety than anyone else ,
ask him directly if he thinks it has indica in it ,
he doesnt beat around the bush ,.
so dont beat around the bush either ,
dont guess or make assumptions ,
go to the source ,ask him directly , report back ,
though i think we already know what is going to be said ...

Mimpi Manis

im an advocate for a good freezer cure too ,
a mate used to have such a large industrial one , a person could easily lay in there ,
while tempting we never used it that way ,, lol ,
but we stacked it full many times knowing the weed was safe ,
in larger grows , and sometimes moving stuff home , there is sometimes the occasional bit of moisture retained ,
the freezer was our best option to put things in suspended animation ,
some smaller samples lost within the freezer over 6 + months ,
we noted it also was possible to cure in there ,
some great results came out, nice golden buds that we had trouble remembering what they were ,
but they really packed a punch as well cured buds can do ,
the sweetness and fruityness had gone and been replaced by something that seemed a little dank in compare , strong , but smooth and muchly appreciated ...
so i definitely agree storage in the freezer long term is a great thing ...

when i was younger , and had access to some lovely thai sticks and some golden thai ,
while i didnt know at the time ,, i had suspicions that the cure it had undergone on its way to me ,
had aided its oomph so to speak ,
we couldnt replicate it in the climate i lived at the time ,
so my suspicions were it needed a better climate , but also the curing had quite an effect on the end product ,
this stuff never saw a freezer , and while im only guessing at at least 12 ,months going by before it was in my hot little hands , it may have been even longer ,, and yes , shorter too ,
but no effort went to storing it well , and yet that stuff was in a league of its own ,
if it had lost so much in the time from drying to when i got it ,
by geez it must have been almost too strong to smoke initially,
or the poor storage and heat etc didnt degrade it all that much , and possibly enhanced some aspects of it ..
from what ive read , it could only have been at the very most 12 % thc , but boy did it rock our world ...
Just getting stuck into some 12 month vacuum cured C5 (ring any bells!). The BDxKA5 shaped up bleeding nice too. I reckon you could plonk the vacuum cured in a freezer for decades and it would still shape up. I'm pretty sure the SE Asian stick I got into was long cure as well. It was almost crunchy off the stick. Golden/light green mostly. The bullets seemed perhaps a tad darker... but similarly potent. Interestingly the BD/KA5 was a little more on the chatty high side. The C5 still very strongly euphoric out of the Boundless. Might load them up together and see how they blend. Wouldn't be dead for quids!

midwestkid

Veteran

THH
Pure Haze - Possibly
for the sake of clarity... good eye. the mason/dixon line in this picture is 7 cups from the right. what you are seeing in the upper left hand corner is a ecsd sour diesel x rez sour d seeding.
But on this highly contraversial subject.... i would have to agree. theres no way in hell i would have popped 100 original haze seeds for an outdoor run around here. they would finish in december or january. But i have ran THH next to original haze and the THH will finish 5 to 10 weeks before O Haze.
- I Dont Know - if the THH has been selected to finish earlier or if there is something extra woven into it? But we could all argue about it?! LOL.
im not calling Tom a liar. i dont get the feeling he lies... i think whoever handed him the seeds is responsible for this dumpster fire of arguments. whoever passed the seeds to Tom obviously had no idea how important the transaction was going to be.

Latest posts

Latest posts