What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
IMG_4356.jpeg
IMG_4360.jpeg

couple of the Posi Haze via Tom

Taima-da

That's like saying you fermented beer for 6 months or something when it only takes a week or so then it just turns to vinegar.
Good analogy.
If you drink that beer after a week it won't be worth having taken the time to brew.
It's when you bottle it and let it mature that it gets good.
No offence but it's when people make judgements about something they've clearly never tried that i have trouble taking them seriously.

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haze's/Sativa's 100% will blow you away 6 months on in the jar with how much better they get on the nose ,taste and in turn the High.
I find if flushed well still very good when dried a few weeks from chop , but 6 months later the smells and Highs improved amazingly and the extra magic happens.
Unless you grow and have multiple jars that prevent you from smoking it all in 6 months, ( you cant buy cured exotic flower now, landrace imports are nothing like the old days ) you may have never had a 6 plus month cure Haze/Sativa flower to ever notice that extra special cure.
Like I said above , every Sativa/Haze even Original Haze I used to grow 20 years ago was amazing as soon as dry , but 10 x better 6 months in and longer better ( as long as stored correctly).

Indica flower I find different and dies off much quicker not improving pass a certain time but declining in quality . Sativa flower I've found a jar years later that was forgotten and WOW, best Herb I've ever smoked.

Dime

I wonder why they age whiskey for 20 years lol. Lots of spirits and other products get aged to improve it. There is no such thing as a standard when it comes to cannabis. There's a huge range of what quality is to people. What you like or what I like isn't gonna be what the next guy likes. Forcing an opinion doesn't really do much.
Whiskey is aged in oak barrels,each different oak gives it a different color,smell and taste, plus oak seals better when it swells . The alcohol takes time to pull out the flavors of the wood and the climate it is stored in effects how long it takes and what degree. Over time the volume in the barrel also decreases ,all of this effects pricing.

vinrusso

Necessarily so, at room temperature, the psychoactive compounds are going to break down as soon as the plant is fully cured, likely at a maximum of 3-4 weeks. I like to hang it until dry to the touch, then allow it to cure in a brown doubled bag. Perceived flavor and taste might benefit over time, but not the high. Thus the advantage of freezing.
I've grown Sativa that went from mediocre to very good in the smell and potency after a 4-6 month Jar cure. I'm surprised this is even a debate.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The quote from Sam in my sig applies here..

The THC level does matter, in general, the higher the better, but it is the terpenes that make a 10% THC weed with the right terpenes better than a 20 % THC with all the wrong terpenes. It is not the cannabinoids. The terpenes also determine the type of high.

-SamS.

Curing can improve the high and flav but it will not make the THC % higher. Depending on what you start with matters. You cant turn boof into quality by curing it. It will make it better than it was.

Having said that. I don't like a long cure of more than 40 days. All I have done longer lost more than they gained. I don't know any that do long cures over 60 days max especially the best we grow.

Whiskey is aged in oak barrels,each different oak gives it a different color,smell and taste, plus oak seals better when it swells . The alcohol takes time to pull out the flavors of the wood and the climate it is stored in effects how long it takes and what degree. Over time the volume in the barrel also decreases ,all of this effects pricing.
lol, That was a rhetorical question. I know why all spirits get aged. Aging/Curing is an art. The conditions we use to cure/age matter.

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
The quote from Sam in my sig applies here..

The THC level does matter, in general, the higher the better, but it is the terpenes that make a 10% THC weed with the right terpenes better than a 20 % THC with all the wrong terpenes. It is not the cannabinoids. The terpenes also determine the type of high.

-SamS.

Curing will improve the high and flav but it will not make the THC % higher. Depending on what you start with matters. You cant turn boof into quality by curing it. It will make it better than it was.

Having said that. I don't like a long cure of more than 40 days. All I have done lost more than they gained. I don't know any that do long cures over 60 days max especially the best we grow.

lol, That was a rhetorical question. I know why all spirits get aged. Aging/Curing is an art. The conditions we use to cure/age matter.
This is my expirience also 30 days from drying time is the best for me...weed degrades through time.
And become week and boring...high lost his magic.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive been trying to make some cobs for about a year now. I have a few cobs that are 5 months old.. The aroma and flavor have def changed. The high type has moved from energetic to sedative/mellow.

Cobs are a great way to see the effects of curing/fermenting. You don't need large amounts to see what changes...It def matters how good the material you start with is.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Which strains have you dried and left in a sealed jar without opening for several months?

Burping a jar foe a month and curing are not the same thing.
O.Haze while I growed before I didnt like outcome It wasnt selable..sealed it for more than year after that I donate all this to a guy who liked it for free.

Forgot to add that at this curing I learned that this cat piss smell is cammomile flower.
Had pheno that smell like cat piss.
After year of curing it smell exactly like dry cammomile flower for tea.
Others were sage like end mediteranian herbs smells.
Some were good but Im not man for these kind of high in nature born extrovert and love to have contacts with people and I feel often happy and uplifted so i dont need clear and uplifted high,when I smoke I want to get real high powerful and disoriented in my own mind...to talk wit myself a bit.😉 pure haze is very subtyle high indica fans were saying that they dont feel nothing at all.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been meaning to try some cobs. I have a bunch of original haze about to harvest. I should set aside an ounce or so.

You should try it.. There is a thread about it.

Loriented

yes ..I agree that people must have still produced it ...upbhere we seldom got it and maybe never got the good stuff

our colombian stopped around 1978..no more imported

nah it was commercial Colombia with more sedation than what they started with..

I was also in colombia in 1977s and smoked the sleepy weed along with the lovely Santa Marta Oro
and teeny tight budded Cali green..and sticky stuff from Manizalles..
the Santa Marta was rocket
The Santa Marta was rocket!!!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
You should try it.. There is a thread about it.
I have read a good portion of the thread. Just need to get around to doing it. Thinking by next week this time I'll be chopping most of them.