What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Este caballo esta muerto.

Not yet..
Buy me a beer :biggrin:

20211030_205056.jpg

ICGA

Because of seasonal changes in nutritional uptake.

We need to back up and dispel a myth in Cannabis real quick: Light and heat were never concerns with this crop. Cannabis is not sensitive to heat. So why would it evolve to do anything, and why wouldn't every other species evolve the exact same features. Evolution sure has alot of superiority issues, unwilling to turn into the same optimized device. It's only 115° today, hasn't rained in 5 months and I see multiple unique looking species of green plants growing. According to some, these desert seeds should all look like cannabis sativa nld.

Light and heat sensitively are caused by nutritional deficiencies. Nutrition is the biggest actual driver of evolution. Ask a diabetic if sugar metabolism is environmental. When your 2nd node has 3" wide blades yet the top of your plant has 1/2 wide "Haze" leaves, that's not because the sun is too hot 8 feet higher, it's because a fast growing annual plant the height of a years old tree has a hard time moving zinc magnesium potassium to the top, when it's stalk is not nearly as wide as a tree, has a hollow core, and is pumped full of calcium like legal era cannabis grow coaches have instructed.
Also small leaves at the top of the plant shade out the lower half of the plant less then wide ones which prevents mold. Mold kills plants so natural selection dictates the outcome. The more humid the environment the more this rule of thumb will apply.

ICGA

These are my 2 favorites so far. Both should be ready right about 14 weeks. One smells creamy and funky. Maybe a bit of leather and other hard to describe but great smells. The other is spicy and sharp. Lots of them smell like this one but it's far more complex and louder than all the others. Metal? Space citrus and exotic spices. Both should be excellent smoke even if they are not the 5%ers.

seems like the o haze is going to keep smelling better and more similar to the thh/posi.
View attachment 18862184 View attachment 18862185
Looks well grown man. Its disapointing when people grow it shitty and then act like if it has any nug at all its not real haze lmao. Was this one from Todd or seedsman?

ICGA

Show me the science that says that an organic product, sitting at room temperature, is going to somehow possibly improve at the 6th month mark. That is not supported by any basic chemistry study. And, not possible in this world.
Your right but some people are light weights who smoke several times a week and have weird ideas about what they call "good". He's probably just trying to be eccentric or likes CBN because he has a low tolerance and wants a couch lock without much THC left lol.

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Looks well grown man. Its disapointing when people grow it shitty and then act like if it has any nug at all its not real haze lmao. Was this one from Todd or seedsman?
Thanks. The Thh is a reproduction from another member here. He outbid me on an auction of originals from Tom. And he gifted me the seeds he made. And the original haze are seedsman by way of Johnny Chicago and flower power..

Taima-da

@ICGA Lots of natural products improve with a bit of age.

Especially fermented ones- beer, wine, cheese. Some people happen to greatly prefer fermented ganja.
But if you don't know, you don't know, ya know?😉

Tobacco is unsmokable fresh, but the aged stuff is astronomically expensive.
As with ganja, a process widely known as curing.

Certain fruits improve with a good rest after picking, is called bletting.

Herbs, nuts, timber, spices, cured meats; even a good steak should be hung for a few weeks.

Attributes and preferences.

Science is not a stick to beat people with.

ICGA

@ICGA Lots of natural products improve with a bit of age.

Especially fermented ones- beer, wine, cheese. Some people happen to greatly prefer fermented ganja.
But if you don't know, you don't know, ya know?😉

Tobacco is unsmokable fresh, but the aged stuff is astronomically expensive.
As with ganja, a process widely known as curing.

Certain fruits improve with a good rest after picking, is called bletting.

Herbs, nuts, timber, spices, cured meats; even a good steak should be hung for a few weeks.

Attributes and preferences.

Science is not a stick to beat people with.
I've grown tobacco and cured it. I understand decarboxilation and if your weed isn't well flushed it may improve until 6 months and of course it can differ by a few months depending on strain and the harvest window you took it at but I can't take anyone seriously who's saying anything that old is better. No offense but it's a joke to say that in all seriousness. That's like saying you fermented beer for 6 months or something when it only takes a week or so then it just turns to vinegar.

ICGA

Show me the science that says that an organic product, sitting at room temperature, is going to somehow possibly improve at the 6th month mark. That is not supported by any basic chemistry study. And, not possible in this world.
Tobacco is peak at like 4/5 years but that's a different ball game lol.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder why they age whiskey for 20 years lol. Lots of spirits and other products get aged to improve it. There is no such thing as a standard when it comes to cannabis. There's a huge range of what quality is to people. What you like or what I like isn't gonna be what the next guy likes. Forcing an opinion doesn't really do much.

Last edited:

ICGA

No disrespect to Tom Hill but some of those seedlings, especially those in the top left corner, show obvious signs of Indica influence imho. It's not just that the leaves are a little on the broad side some of the leaves are even over-lapping!

I'm not even sure how people could dispute the Indica influence regardless of how Sativa it smokes or looks in flower.

Not doubt it gonna be top smoke with those kinda numbers and I really enjoyed madmac selection of THH but imho ...

THH
Pure Haze - Possibly
Pure Sativa - Not a chance
Bro baby leaves are not indicative of much. Wait till they are a few feet tall to judge.

ICGA

I wonder why they age whiskey for 20 years lol. Lots of spirits and other products get aged to improve it. There is no such thing as a standard when it comes to cannabis. There's a huge range of what quality is to people. What you like or what I like isn't gonna be what the guy likes. Forcing an opinion doesn't really do much.
Whiskey isn't still fermenting when it's aged and isn't exposed to air. It's been boiled and has no enzymatic activity or bacteria. However IMO, your right that there are plenty of people who just like shwagg.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I think modern strains have mistakenly been chosen to taste best not long after harvest. I prefer to pheno hunt for varieties that get better with time in a jar. It has absolutely nothing to do with flushing.

Also. If mead ferments slow it has a more complex flavor than when the yeast eats it all quickly. Most people just prefer instant gratification. Convenience does not equal quality.

ICGA

Just a thought. Maybe some of the THCa converts to straight THC during a long cure.
^That's true.
Also modern strains probably do cure faster on average as they are selected that way and have a more selected terpine profile. However I would say that there is definitively a standard range for curing cannabis. However there are sure to be outliers within a relatively small margine. The statement above; that it has nothing to do with flush is false. Generally the better the flush, the less chlorophyll is left in your bud, then less time for decarboxylation will be necessary before taste is at its peak. This is relatively common knowledge. Therefore better flush = faster cure. The other main factor is how often you burp your jars. If you burp them more often they will cure faster. If only burped once in 6 months it will taste like shit usually and may improve after you open the jar and let the nitrogen that has been metabolized into a gas from chlorophyll breaking down, out of the jar. Bad flush = more chlorophyll = longer cure. I'm not saying you can cure the salt out of a badly flushed nug but you can ferment the chlorophyll and other organic compounds and it will gas off, improving the taste over time.

Last edited:

pinkus

Veteran
I think modern strains have mistakenly been chosen to taste best not long after harvest. I prefer to pheno hunt for varieties that get better with time in a jar. It has absolutely nothing to do with flushing.

Also. If mead ferments slow it has a more complex flavor than when the yeast eats it all quickly. Most people just prefer instant gratification. Convenience does not equal quality.
Bread with a retarded, lengthened proofing in the fridge also develops more interesting flavors than just a short room temperature proof