What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I say that water in air which is called humidity block sun light and better provide heat.
While less water in air alows more sunlight to reach surface of earth or plant leaf.

Thailand has a tropical climate, which means it typically experiences high humidity throughout the year. The humidity levels are influenced by monsoon seasons and vary in different regions of the country. Here's a general breakdown of humidity trends in Thailand:

Dry Season (November to February): During these months, humidity is generally lower, making the weather more comfortable and pleasant. Humidity levels typically range from 60% to 80%, with some cooler evenings.

Hot Season (March to May): This period is characterized by high temperatures and increasing humidity. Humidity levels can rise above 80%, making it feel more uncomfortable, especially in urban areas.

Rainy Season (June to October): The rainy season brings heavy rainfall and increased humidity. Humidity levels can reach as high as 90% or more during this period, making the weather feel sticky and damp.

high humidity can block sunlight to some extent compared to dry air climates. Humidity refers to the amount of moisture present in the air, and it can affect the behavior of sunlight in the atmosphere.

In areas with high humidity, water vapor molecules are more prevalent in the air. Water vapor is a greenhouse gas, meaning it can absorb and trap some of the incoming solar radiation. When sunlight passes through humid air, the water vapor can scatter and absorb certain wavelengths of light, leading to reduced visibility and a hazy appearance.

Here are some ways high humidity can affect sunlight:

Scattering: Water droplets and water vapor in the air can scatter sunlight, leading to a diffused appearance of the sun. This effect can make the sky appear white or gray instead of the usual blue.

Reduced Intensity: High humidity can attenuate sunlight, meaning it reduces the intensity of direct sunlight reaching the ground. This can result in a less bright and less sharp appearance of objects outdoors.

Haze: High humidity can contribute to the formation of haze or mist, reducing visibility and making distant objects less clear.

On the other hand, dry air contains less moisture, so there are fewer water vapor molecules to interact with sunlight. As a result, dry air climates tend to have clearer skies and more intense sunlight compared to humid regions.

Anyway weed was banned to grow in Thailand from 1930s...Thai weed is just myth no one ever care about Thai weed.
I chatted with 1st man about haze of flying dutchman he said that Kerals weed is primo source for haze...South Indian and mid and south America.

Take genetics and see how small thai genetics are used. Becouse they were and are shit.
I chatted with few botanist that were there in 1980 when Sam and other guys like him come to India and other countires that have borders with it.
They culdnt believe what they found here.
Take take the best they can find and in 1985.
When commerical seed banks appear UN push cannabis ban in India...

I chated with one guy that work right now in big green houses in thailand he said that harvest mostly go to extraction...high humidity anf high temps kill terps and quality of plants.

But its good for selection of cut that later are grown indoors for full potential.

Dont be funny with your Thai US army myth stop watch Rambo and other movies.

Im very educated guy you cant serve me your myths thats why I call most of people here clowns cuz they make me laugh.

Everyone that ever grows any cannabis know that one of biggest killer of quality is humidity and heat...and talking about perfect place to grow weed that only 3 months are around 60-80% humidity is just no sense.

sry guys you need to educate yourself and be open minded.

i left this post up , not because its accurate or educational ,
its the exact opposite ,
its the opinion of someone who simply sat in their far northern temperate climate ,
googling and thinking they are finding accurate information that would affect cannabis growing in thailand..
he hasnt been there to see ,
he hasnt grown any there to know ,
just random guessing , while at the same time telling us we dont know what we are on about ,
ironic really ...

ive grown cannabis in the tropics for 3 decades , and commercially for 2 ,
ive seen everything it has to offer ,
to say indoors is better than that climate is just crazy ,
nothing beats that climate for growing cannabis,
there are some protocols to follow like best times to plant ,
and what to plant , but if you follow those and you are in a part of the tropics suited ,
you have the potential to grow as good as it can be grown ...
canna t has no idea at all and should be completely ignored when he tries to educate others with his "knowledge" ....

goingrey

I dont talk about avarge smoker...
I talk about best breeders at that time who made the seed bank and sacred seeds...
Are you shure that those guys didnt expirence best Thai...?

Just Thai weed is mids nothing special and no body ever breed much with it cuz it sucks.

Look sacred seeds catalogue from 1981
Not any pure Thai mostly Haze and S Indian....
Why becouse they were the best. No one ever talk about Thai weed.

Only in movies like Rambo..
(Their reputation for) Hermaphroditism played a big part in breeders not wanting to use Thais, at least later on.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
i left this post up , not because its accurate or educational ,
its the exact opposite ,
its the opinion of someone who simply sat in their far northern temperate climate ,
googling and thinking they are finding accurate information that would affect cannabis growing in thailand..
he hasnt been there to see ,
he hasnt grown any there to know ,
just random guessing , while at the same time telling us we dont know what we are on about ,
ironic really ...

ive grown cannabis in the tropics for 3 decades , and commercially for 2 ,
ive seen everything it has to offer ,
to say indoors is better than that climate is just crazy ,
nothing beats that climate for growing cannabis,
there are some protocols to follow like best times to plant ,
and what to plant , but if you follow those and you are in a part of the tropics suited ,
you have the potential to grow as good as it can be grown ...
canna t has no idea at all and should be completely ignored when he tries to educate others with his "knowledge" ....
I dont want to discuss this more,cuz my posts are deleted it's like a boxing match with my hands tied.
Yes Im noob troll,bipolar,low IQ,liar,dont have a clue...what is the point of discuss with someone like that ?
😉

Last edited:

WingzHauser

Seeing consistent seasonal variation in morphology, (eg fatter leaflets and more open flowers from winter grows within the same generation of nld varieties), it's a no brainer that varying locales produce somewhat differing phenotypic expression of a given genetic.
Because of seasonal changes in nutritional uptake.

We need to back up and dispel a myth in Cannabis real quick: Light and heat were never concerns with this crop. Cannabis is not sensitive to heat. So why would it evolve to do anything, and why wouldn't every other species evolve the exact same features. Evolution sure has alot of superiority issues, unwilling to turn into the same optimized device. It's only 115° today, hasn't rained in 5 months and I see multiple unique looking species of green plants growing. According to some, these desert seeds should all look like cannabis sativa nld.

Light and heat sensitively are caused by nutritional deficiencies. Nutrition is the biggest actual driver of evolution. Ask a diabetic if sugar metabolism is environmental. When your 2nd node has 3" wide blades yet the top of your plant has 1/2 wide "Haze" leaves, that's not because the sun is too hot 8 feet higher, it's because a fast growing annual plant the height of a years old tree has a hard time moving zinc magnesium potassium to the top, when it's stalk is not nearly as wide as a tree, has a hollow core, and is pumped full of calcium like legal era cannabis grow coaches have instructed.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Because of seasonal changes in nutritional uptake.

We need to back up and dispel a myth in Cannabis real quick: Light and heat were never concerns with this crop. Cannabis is not sensitive to heat. So why would it evolve to do anything, and why wouldn't every other species evolve the exact same features. Evolution sure has alot of superiority issues, unwilling to turn into the same optimized device. It's only 115° today, hasn't rained in 5 months and I see multiple unique looking species of green plants growing. According to some, these desert seeds should all look like cannabis sativa nld.

Light and heat sensitively are caused by nutritional deficiencies. Nutrition is the biggest actual driver of evolution. Ask a diabetic if sugar metabolism is environmental. When your 2nd node has 3" wide blades yet the top of your plant has 1/2 wide "Haze" leaves, that's not because the sun is too hot 8 feet higher, it's because a fast growing annual plant the height of a years old tree has a hard time moving zinc magnesium potassium to the top, when it's stalk is not nearly as wide as a tree, has a hollow core, and is pumped full of calcium like legal era cannabis grow coaches have instructed.
several studies have been shown as to why this could have happened ,

where many south east asian cannabis came from, which is a mild , non tropical climate, there is both wide and thinner leafed types ,
is it just coincidence what is in the tropical part of asia is mostly thinner leaf ,
why would that be so do you think ??
natural selection coupled with selection by man ?

in fact the leaf of most cannabis in tropical places is of the tinner type ,
we all recognise that to be so ..

the leaf of types from the more northern , non tropical and often arid areas is both fatter fingered ,
and those fingers are thicker and sometimes even rougher,

with a bit of trade back and forth that may have continued over years since these types went in different direction , im sure there are some acceptions to the rule , but generally what we refer to as indicas , from those climates i mentioned have quite different leaf shape , and size as well as thickness ,
is this just coincidence , or has there been some adaption at play too ??
it seems to be the latter really and several studies have pointed in that direction too ,
opinions dont matter really ... they are not facts ...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
P420 #28 from clone...

DSCN7751.JPG
DSCN7750.JPG

DSCN7722.JPG

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
These are my 2 favorites so far. Both should be ready right about 14 weeks. One smells creamy and funky. Maybe a bit of leather and other hard to describe but great smells. The other is spicy and sharp. Lots of them smell like this one but it's far more complex and louder than all the others. Metal? Space citrus and exotic spices. Both should be excellent smoke even if they are not the 5%ers.

seems like the o haze is going to keep smelling better and more similar to the thh/posi.
20230706_120435.jpg
20230706_120525.jpg

SUPER_HAZE

Since were briefly discussing thais i must say i plan to make this my first thai grow later this year. Its from Chang Mai. Which supposedly is where a lot of old school thais came from. Strawberry/lemon smells. Electric buzz. What more could you want :yummy:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/thai-regular-seeds.html

View attachment 18860804
I grew two packs and found nothing I liked. Nothing special, it looked like straw and the hermaphrodite males...
I hope you're luckier than me.

windmills

Necessarily so, at room temperature, the psychoactive compounds are going to break down as soon as the plant is fully cured, likely at a maximum of 3-4 weeks. I like to hang it until dry to the touch, then allow it to cure in a brown doubled bag. Perceived flavor and taste might benefit over time, but not the high. Thus the advantage of freezing.

sdd420

Veteran
Necessarily so, at room temperature, the psycoactive compounds are going to break down as soon as the plant is fully cured, likely at a maximum of 3-4 weeks. I like to hang it until dry to the touch, then cure in clean brown bag. Perceived flavor and taste might benefit over time, but not the high. Thus the advantage of freezing.
You are just wrong about this. Sativas definitely get better around the 6 month mark

windmills

Show me the science that says that an organic product, sitting at room temperature, is going to somehow possibly improve at the 6th month mark. That is not supported by any basic chemistry study. And, not possible in this world.