What's new

The Search for Trip Weed

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
what if... now hear me out, i know this is some stoner logic shit here...

what if those loooong flowering times + looong cures (or ferment cures that use a "sweat" heated tech) allow the lighter terps to evaporate and the heavier (sesquiterpenes?) terps to take the forefront?

it's been my experience that it's not overall terp percentage (although it's very nice to see and smell a 3% + bud from dispensary), but the ratio of individual constituents that really molds the high. (well that and cannabinoid... i love adding CBG isolate to my smokes)

just musings...

RED 1

Golden Tigers Thai Dom

Golden Tigers Thai Dom

:)

Attachments

• IMG_20200612_100845.jpg
    IMG_20200612_100845.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 32

Thesearch

When I was younger I hallucinated both times I tried White rhino (early 2000's). These days I have had to smoke joints with heavily greased papers and a quarter gram of shatter to get there. Closest in bud form was Malawi 13 I had that was like a heart attack in bud form. It hit me in a way I didn't think possible and turned me on to ACE seeds and my own search for psychedelic bud! Hoping to do some Malawi crosses of my own, eyeing Malawi/GT/Zamaldelica x ghost train haze/citradelic sunset/citradelic cookies/lemon og haze(ethos)/Bruce Banner/Amherst sour Diesel. I'm thinking a known high THC sativa dom strain could have a chance of increasing THC percentage while retaining a psychedelic high with enough phenohunting. Something along the lines of Somali ghost train but maybe without the extra nevils wreck ;)

HAZENACIOUS

I crossed a romulan grapefuit which has thai ancestry im sure with my poineapple thai from 707. Smoked a little partially cured bud and tried to watch a mark knopfler live video...the shaking of the camera and out of focus scenes really bugged me. I think a little more and visuals would have been great. Hoping the cure helps. I heard thai sfrains need a long cure? Is that true?

Well I've never grown a pure Thai, but I think my hazes can handle a longer cure than commercial types like Diesal or indica types. I prefer to smoke my hazes after a three or four month cure. Usually I find more high thc strains like OG etc, are already getting a bit old by the time Hazes are reaching prime. Alot of folks talk about a 1year plus cure etc, in my experience some hazes can get stronger with this long of a cure, but in my experience the high will be total burnout, by 1 year. Hazes keep much longer than indica commercial types, in my experience. 2 month cure is all around perfect for my taste, a month or 2 longer for Hazes and sativas.

Thesearch

I also grew up in Australia, @hempy.

I remember people describing pot as "this is tripping weed, man!", but not a variety? Certainly could have bee though. Not much had names really. More of a description of where it came from, like Thai stick, Colombian compressed, mullumbimby madness etc.

The author John Birmingham talks of a strain from Brisbane called "elephant killer", a creeper too? Creepers were always the best. I want some.

Thai sticks were always trippy, as was a lot of home grown in the early days.

OldCoolSativa, what a great story. I am sure being bricked, or crammed together, cured some sativas and added something to the high. I have tried cobbing with good results, but it is still something I only do with a small quantity.

Yesum, if only....

Elephant killer is an African strain, specifically Kilimanjaro! It's available through world of seeds.

smogo

ThaiBliss - I too am forever searching for the seeds to be able to grow the 'trip' weed I so extensively smoked during my 7 years in SE Asia. In my experience, trip weed is still very prominent all over that region - although it can be hit or miss and usually in the form of low quality, commercially bricked stuff.

A standard pick up in Kuala Lumpur, smoked this stuff for years, very potent and trippy:
picture.php

Surroundings and vibes shifting. Auditory hallucinations. Uncontrollable paranoia. Delusions of grandeur.
All part of the package with this stuff.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
ThaiBliss - I too am forever searching for the seeds to be able to grow the 'trip' weed I so extensively smoked during my 7 years in SE Asia. In my experience, trip weed is still very prominent all over that region - although it can be hit or miss and usually in the form of low quality, commercially bricked stuff.

A standard pick up in Kuala Lumpur, smoked this stuff for years, very potent and trippy:
View Image

Surroundings and vibes shifting. Auditory hallucinations. Uncontrollable paranoia. Delusions of grandeur.
All part of the package with this stuff.
Looks and sounds interesting. Have not been to Malaysia but it would be on my list of countries never to smoke in, due to their cannabis laws. That alone would be enough to make me paranoid.

smogo

Looks and sounds interesting. Have not been to Malaysia but it would be on my list of countries never to smoke in, due to their cannabis laws. That alone would be enough to make me paranoid.

Despite the laws, there was actually quite a large community of stoners there (and growing!)

Personally, I've never restricted myself from smoking in a country if it's available. It's generally sound if you keep your wits about you and know people. I smoked ounces of the stuff for years there in every place you can imagine - car parks, shopping malls, up hills - everywhere!

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Despite the laws, there was actually quite a large community of stoners there (and growing!)

Personally, I've never restricted myself from smoking in a country if it's available. It's generally sound if you keep your wits about you and know people. I smoked ounces of the stuff for years there in every place you can imagine - car parks, shopping malls, up hills - everywhere!
That's great to hear. Did that stuff come with any seeds and did you grow any? Asia is definitely where it's at when it comes to trip weed.

Laos is the only Asian country I have been game to smoke in and they had stuff like the old Thai sticks. Wow.

Red October

Around a year ago they were in talks to decriminalize in Malaysia. Also heard that it's not as bad there as people imagine. Was just talking about it yesterday

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/mal...drug-possession-top-government-official-says/

https://www.analyticalcannabis.com/articles/malaysia-takes-step-towards-cannabis-legalization-311610
Hopefully people will be traveling there in search of seeds as soon as it happens, before all the "medical" varieties come full force.

Mimpi Manis

In Penang in 1979, our contact always stated the best stuff was 'Aceh' weed. Just a boat trip across the straights, I'm guessing it was an easy ride in those days. The stuff we had I'm guessing was 'Sumatran Red'. Strong stuff. But the strongest I tried were sticks some Italians came with right out of Burma. By the time the joint been passed around the dozen or so people sitting around... everybody was talking at once. Save one of the Italian guys - who has to walked around for 30 minutes or so till regained his composure. The first toke told me we were in for a ride. Halcyon days brothers... halcyon days.

Lacocina

Been playing with curing (1 year) some haze/thai crosses tied in stick form like thai sticks in cigar tubes, might want to try it.
Smooth expansive old school memories. Pretty trippy effect.

Can't wait for this years crop ( Super Silver haze, OA/SLH x LH/Starfighter from Cap to finish in my long term

Crossing the haze crosses with Vietnam black, golden Tiger and some Chocolate thai for next years run on trippy experiments.

Really enjoy all the knowledge from the sharing ! Thank you

Attachments

• 20200707_192008.jpg
    20200707_192008.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 22

djav59

Nice looking stuff .
One year cure wow can you describe how the smoke starts and improves(or not) from harvest until then?

Lacocina

It was good when first dried, a little harsh but good. I like green weed but for me a long cured spicy sativa floats my boat, smooths out the effect and taste. Expansion is slow at first and builds. Smoke is a little thicker and lingers leaving some tar if hit too hard. A spicy taste with a citrus overtone. I do ike hazes and old school golds and reds. Favorites are Chocolate thai , and Haze from Santa Cruz. From late 70's early 80's

The Cigar tubes help keep oxygen out and so far curing in them has worked great when done correctly.

A powerful creeper effect thats makes you smile like you got away with something. ?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to see you back here Lacoina. Those sticks do bring back memories just looking at them. Have some Golden Tiger going now myself.