What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

HAZENACIOUS

c5 is base practically for every dutch haze hybrid. for example jack herrer which can be very trippy, but also have body heaviness to the effect. as well as mango haze is straight descendant of c5.. , but like was said not so trippy.. sour diesel(not c5 related) has also trippy effect - it was reported in this thread too, but unfortunately has body effect to it, like jack herrer with drunken feeling... so we crossed sour diesel with bangi haze to get rid of that mushroomy drunkenness.. it was successful, as bangi haze is great breeding tool, and bangi added more clearness and speediness and hybrid is nice trippy ride.. I have cut of it, and will hit it with big sur hollyweed male, we got 8 or 9 males :D now I have to choose one. or more :D glad to hear it has some trippy effect to it. hopefully in crosses it gets more pronounced.. sour diesel x bangi haze View Image View Image
Nice looking hybrid.
I talked to Nevil about it length.

He said C5 haze original F1, was the trippiest, most potent cross he ever did. In his words it was"hands above everything else."
He also said no hybrid, outcross, F2, etc, after that made from it was ever equal to that original F1 cross.
I have found that to be true for the most part. But still some real trippy phenos:

picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Nice looking hybrid.
I talked to Nevil about it length.

He said C5 haze original F1, was the trippiest, most potent cross he ever did. In his words it was"hands above everything else."
He also said no hybrid, outcross, F2, etc, after that made from it was ever equal to that original F1 cross.
I have found that to be true for the most part. But still some real trippy phenos:

View Image

thanks. every breeder talks about his children very highly. I am happy for you, you found your holy grail, what is shit for one man, is gold for other. probably due to many circumstances, but mainly due to individual chemistry. so to me certain neville´s hz phenos seem more trippy, but it is subjective. also there are different imagines what the term trippy means..
but if I am allowed to express my opinion. any NL5hz cant provide multiple dimensionality like pure narrow leaf variety could.. and also not all narrow leafers can do it..

and I apologize for misinformation.. mother of jack herrer is C1..

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Individual Chemistry

Individual Chemistry

I've never had pure C5, but the sativa scene here in southern California is built upon the back of Haze C. I've had many many examples of the progeny, and I have never once experienced stark trippiness in them. To me, Haze C progeny have very euphoric body sensations combined with a spacy, stoney head high of moderate strength. Again, I've never had pure C5 knowingly.

Now, I just smoked my very first sample of A5 x Malawi - A5 pheno early cut branch - it is very trippy. And cold. My God it's cold. Maybe it's just the strength of the head buzz combined with auditory hallucinations, but everything around me is so overwhelming right now. There was a very strong uplifting and electric body buzz at the onset, but it didn't last long and now I don't feel like moving around at all. Not couchlocked, just overwhelmed in general and waiting for it to release a little. Oof this is strong stuff and not comfortable. There's a darkness in here I haven't experienced much before in cannabis. Maybe mature flowers with some cure will round it out a little. I like it but I'm a little scared of it too. I smoked about half as much as usual for a first morning session too. Right after it was done, I was about to pack another when the first wave hit. Glad I didn't get that far. I have a high tolerance too, this is so confusing right now. I love it but man I can't smoke this stuff all day everyday. There's just no way. Maybe some meditation or yoga beforehand would help. Im not in the best shape mentally right now like I'm sure many of you are too.

Im'One

Boldaslove I was just wondering about the Malawi A5.... glad you could tell us about the high. Are all the pheno like that?

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Wow that was really different. I didn't even intend to write a smoke report on that plant but as I was writing about my experience with Haze C progeny as TB mentioned, the come up kicked in and I couldn't focus very well on my original thoughts I had.

I remember Donald Mallard saying years ago that any new terpene/cannabinoid profile to your system can send you for a ride the first time and I definitely agree. This seemed to be a different animal entirely. It reminded me of the overwhelming feelings I had the very first time I smoked, just less frightening because I've gotten high thousands of times since then. I'm an introvert naturally, but this seemed to really focus everything inward. I thought about all the people in my life and my relationships with them and how I can improve myself. That vibe lasted almost two hours until everything settled down a bit but I still didn't feel like smoking anything at that point. I usually smoke a couple bowls every hour or two in recent times. It wasn't until 4 hours later that I felt like trying some bubba kush x hashplant to calm myself down. Instead of relaxing upon smoking the indica, a similar uncomfortable feeling arose, just not as strong. I could actually feel the A5 pheno starting to let go a couple hours later as it gave way to the bubba relaxation. It's now 7 hours later and I feel great lol. I have only experienced similar effects with classic psychs. I even felt like I had some serotonin warmth come on towards the end in my cheeks. There was never any visual aspect of this high. It felt like an in-between dose of psilocybin--bigger than a microdose, but not enough to reach the other side.

ImOne - thanks for the support man :) Ive only tried an early cut branch of the Malawi Pheno besides this early cut A5 pheno. The Malawi pheno was strong but not like this. It was comfortable and even a bit extroverted after the initial peak. Also, I wanted more right away ;)

A pic of the A5 pheno for the record
picture.php

Mimpi Manis

Boldaslove I was just wondering about the Malawi A5.... glad you could tell us about the high. Are all the pheno like that?

My experience with A5 was not exactly like that... but in the ballpark. Initial high seems to have some energy. But after that, and not too long after, it seems introduce a kind of dulling in the brain and body. To be honest, it doesnt seem to be strong or stoney either. No euphoria to speak of. The body side, different to a more hybrid version which I can enjoy, is different. More energy sapping I would say. Its not shaping up that well in respect to those after that electric or trippy Haze/Sativa buzz is it?

I've put it aside for a long cure to see what happens. Been down for around a month... and I have minimal desire for an encore right atm. Would rather hit the freebie Cali Orange to be honest. For me it's an abject lesson in the vagueries of the breeding art. Two outstanding plants do not necessarily a silk purse make! Same experience with a Dinafem Amnesia Kush I grew out. Good genes, great looking plant and sativar-ish pheno. But it smokes (vapes) not a lot unlike the A5 effects I described. The two plants I expected to be the strongest and most desirable sativa leaning in effect both turned out quite undistinguished in this regard. IMHO.

From my reading in this place, Zamal and it's crosses seems to be more of what I am looking for perhaps? The HazeC and more pure lines I've not had the privilege of sampling as yet. So can't really comment in relation to those. My fave sativa for that clear uppity buzz is still GHS Strawberry haze. Lj

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The stripy high i found from Nevil's work if you were lucky to find it was best scribed as a roller coaster ride.It comes at you in waves and then hours later when you think its over it comes at you one last time possibly harder than the rest.

The other haze intense type affect some plants had was closer to what you would describe as a strong old school Colombian type high with a mix of stone but not a NL type of stone.

The euphoric high i found was clean walking on clouds nothing mattered type of high clean no trip no stone just one with the world in a positive vibe.

lastly the only other type of high i found was what i call the dirty high a sativa high with the NL stone mix not something i enjoy.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
There are varying degrees of A5 and C5 depending on how it is grown and how well it is dialed. If they are grown well they will blow you away, if they are not they make some real crappy shwag. Just having the cuts don't mean shit you gotta grow them proper.
Same with the crosses, the Bandaid Haze is an excellent cross if it's done well, with a great amount of A5 influence. A5 crosses well in everything I've seen from the A5Tmale.
Don't know about Dubi's or Karmas work but all the pictures look great if they are grown well in a good environment as shown by Bold As Love, nice work.

Peacefrog

Veteran
BoldAsLove thanks for sharing your experience. That sounds like the Killer Malawi influence to me even if it was the A5 looking pheno. It's brings raw power plus unique earthy terps that I didn't find enjoyable to consume and I tend to steer away from Malawi crosses when browsing Ace offerings. With that said, I'm a sucker for anything NL5 x Haze so I've got a pack of the Killer A5 Haze myself and your story probably won't stop me from popping one in the near future.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Dude Whatever
Hempy you just smoke yor Thia and believe what you want and be your cool self.

Why do facts bother people so much Randy ?.

Nevil never got these clones that he arranged to be collected that he was also unsure of their Authenticity.

Thanks for That Sammy, you are the most Knolidged guy on this subject online 100%.

I know most of that if fact, by own knolidge.

Do you know Which Pheno it is your specifly looking for. From my memory there was more then One, they where labeld Like A5 pheno1 to 4 i think

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6619720&postcount=30

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
BoldAsLove, loved your high description!!! Would love to read about more trips!

I agree with Peacefrog, I'd say what you're feeling now is mostly unripe Malawi driven.

Malawi can be really overwhelming, specially uncured, to me can be like a lobotomy :biggrin:.

Hazes usually require months of cure to unleash their true complete effect, so whatever A5H % is in there, will need a couple months more to be ready to show her true, full nature.

That being said, I've had episodes like you describe, I call plants with this effect "Truth telling" plants.

If your inner self has some "pending/unsolved issues", these plants will grab you by the neck, and slap your face as many times as required until you pull the stuff under the carpet and confront it.

They'll also show you who and how you really are, no matter what you perceive about yourself. Reality chickity-check! :)

I think it also depends on your inner self state for these experiences to trigger; so it takes both innerself status and having a Truth plant for this to happen. Zamaldelica is another strain that comes instantly to my mind.

Sometimes these "episodes" aren't joyful. I've even bursted into tears a couple times (missus asked wtf do you smoke that then!!), but man, the relief that comes afterwards to your psyche is priceless.

Sort of like going to the dentist after trying to deter it as much as possible :laughing:

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Vintage C5Hz by Nevil
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A5/2 is the one Karma brought back to the community after he received it from one of the members of Nevils first crew, South Holland.
Actually Nevil refered to this one as being the “bladder loss control” and “shit pants” plant.
C5 or more correct 5HzC is what he considered as the overal best hybrid he created, C5 (1-5) were 5 specific pheno’s he selected, same as with A5 (1-5).
So rather refer to Nevils seedline as NL#5xHzC or 5HzC instead of C5 IMHO...

Yo Sammy

Veteran
I've never had pure C5, but the sativa scene here in southern California is built upon the back of Haze C. I've had many many examples of the progeny, and I have never once experienced stark trippiness in them. To me, Haze C progeny have very euphoric body sensations combined with a spacy, stoney head high of moderate strength. Again, I've never had pure C5 knowingly.

Now, I just smoked my very first sample of A5 x Malawi - A5 pheno early cut branch - it is very trippy. And cold. My God it's cold. Maybe it's just the strength of the head buzz combined with auditory hallucinations, but everything around me is so overwhelming right now. There was a very strong uplifting and electric body buzz at the onset, but it didn't last long and now I don't feel like moving around at all. Not couchlocked, just overwhelmed in general and waiting for it to release a little. Oof this is strong stuff and not comfortable. There's a darkness in here I haven't experienced much before in cannabis. Maybe mature flowers with some cure will round it out a little. I like it but I'm a little scared of it too. I smoked about half as much as usual for a first morning session too. Right after it was done, I was about to pack another when the first wave hit. Glad I didn't get that far. I have a high tolerance too, this is so confusing right now. I love it but man I can't smoke this stuff all day everyday. There's just no way. Maybe some meditation or yoga beforehand would help. Im not in the best shape mentally right now like I'm sure many of you are too.

Hi BAL,
Cheers for your description re ACE KA5, good to know. Some phenotypes sure will be devastatingly powerfull. Ive never enjoyed smoking A5 (2) as every day smoke, much to overpowering leaving you pretty exhausted after. Its very narcotic when you indulge. Smoke only 1 and your off on a strong mental trip like feeling. That’s exactly why A5 got its almost mythical status. There wasn’t anything like it back in the day and hardly anything like it in the present.
These old hybrids are a league of their own.

Im'One

I appreciate the information about the a5... It seemed everyone was buying it when it came out and there were lots of grow diaries then.... Crickets

Yo Sammy

Veteran
I appreciate the information about the a5... It seemed everyone was buying it when it came out and there were lots of grow diaries then.... Crickets

Everyone wanted it fo sho, there however was an abundance of flowers that wasn’t A5 but got sold as A5 and is still happening here and there.
When cultivated righteous i doubt if any bud was offered anywhere else but in South Holland, definitely not commercially, there simply wasn’t enough of it, hard to get hold on, even harder to grow it.
5HzA seeds were never made available commercially so i doubt there’ll be many grow diaries from actual A5.
All A5 cuttings were and thus are clone only’s, mostly A5(2) being grown for flower.

BoldAsLove

Veteran
BoldAsLove thanks for sharing your experience. That sounds like the Killer Malawi influence to me even if it was the A5 looking pheno. It's brings raw power plus unique earthy terps that I didn't find enjoyable to consume and I tend to steer away from Malawi crosses when browsing Ace offerings. With that said, I'm a sucker for anything NL5 x Haze so I've got a pack of the Killer A5 Haze myself and your story probably won't stop me from popping one in the near future.

BoldAsLove, loved your high description!!! Would love to read about more trips!

I agree with Peacefrog, I'd say what you're feeling now is mostly unripe Malawi driven.

Malawi can be really overwhelming, specially uncured, to me can be like a lobotomy :biggrin:.

Hazes usually require months of cure to unleash their true complete effect, so whatever A5H % is in there, will need a couple months more to be ready to show her true, full nature.

That being said, I've had episodes like you describe, I call plants with this effect "Truth telling" plants.

If your inner self has some "pending/unsolved issues", these plants will grab you by the neck, and slap your face as many times as required until you pull the stuff under the carpet and confront it.

They'll also show you who and how you really are, no matter what you perceive about yourself. Reality chickity-check! :)

I think it also depends on your inner self state for these experiences to trigger; so it takes both innerself status and having a Truth plant for this to happen. Zamaldelica is another strain that comes instantly to my mind.

Sometimes these "episodes" aren't joyful. I've even bursted into tears a couple times (missus asked wtf do you smoke that then!!), but man, the relief that comes afterwards to your psyche is priceless.

Sort of like going to the dentist after trying to deter it as much as possible :laughing:

I can understand and appreciate where you guys are coming from, as when you haven't had Malawi before or don't have a large tolerance, it hits you hard. I've grown 36 of the original F1 Zamaldelica as well as probably 60+ offspring of my favorite phenos' crosses and can tell you 99.9% that this plant I smoked yesterday is not Malawi in effect. Perhaps the cannabinoid profile is a shared trait, but as far as terpenes and effects go, this is quite different. The smell on this one dried is all leather, raw meat, and culinary sage/fresh garden tomato stem. When it's burned, it smells almost exactly like Catholic funeral incense.

That's very true about the emotional aspect of the Malawi effect, but with this plant I never felt like crying out of emotion. More like I wanted to cry for it to ease up on me. It had my head, thoughts, and soul in a vice and wouldn't let go.

Sammy, I'll remember it as the shit pants plant, that gave me a good chuckle :)