What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

harvestreaper

Veteran
this qualifies only a week down needs a cure but first effect is like amyl a headbanger slightly disorientating for 5 mins then feelings of excitement an mild euphoria in waves very clear visuals change the uhkrul has thrown the heaviness of the nb up on its shoulder an is off for a long hike and now its working for you instead of against ,,, listening to music i used to trip to an its setting off those feelings feels like itll be real nice after a cure
picture.php

17 weeks

picture.php

and a new recruit on the search

HAZENACIOUS

What's up TB? Glad to see you here! I still regret not being able to meet up when I was in your neck of the woods a while ago. One day for sure.

Wanted to stop by and post a little about my recent experience with some trippy bud. It's a Dalat pheno from Snowhighs Vietnamese Laughing Grass (Dalat x Congo Black). I wasn't a fan of the Congo phenos but this one is nice. Wants to go at least 14 weeks when done right indoors, longer if you mess up. Smells of blueberry, cherry, camphor, rotten veggies and potpourri. It's a creeper with a nice amount of visual static and some surreal feelings when you're outdoors. The type of feeling where you might be in your regular neighborhood, but the trees and plants seem to have a certain energy to them that you couldn't feel or see before (have experienced this in other SE Asians and believe we've discussed before). It also works very well with entheogens :biggrin: Physically, it's not so much of an uplifting or euphoric feeling like I like. It seems to mostly just leave the body alone for the most part. Could be due to my tolerance being high right now though. Tough to get outside opinions at the moment.

A few pics:

49 days flower from a sexually mature clone

View Image

View Image

100 days

View Image

View Image

genetics around all these years! Looks very nice. What kind of trippy feelings do you get from those gals?
Thanks BL, your garden looks fantastic!
Well there is a lot of variation in my strains, so I will discuss the dried Bud that I posted. Which is close to my ideal. It is a 50% C5 hybrid.

That one is a creeper. Very euphoric up high, as long as you don't mix with other weed there is no real come down. No ceiling, if you smoke too much you can get vertigo. Like dry heaves if you move your head 1/2 inch kind of vertigo, must be careful. No tolerance build up, sneaks up on you and surprises you every time. Makes me hear music sometimes detailed riffs like you can pick out the instruments and stuff, but it's all in your head. Totally mind blowing. Lots of shadows out of corner your eye, mistaking floaters for bugs, real Paisleys in the periphery if you take too large a hit, etc.
Inexperienced smokers can freak out. I can't take more than one bonghit at a time, and can't handle more than 2 sessions a day, 4-6 hour high. my high Kush lines barely effect me, smoke them in evening because they help me come down. Don't smoke this stuff in the evening if you want to sleep at night.
picture.php

HAZENACIOUS

Correction: I meant to say high THC Kush lines. Did a high THC project collecting the highest THC cuts from around the world a few years back, crossing them to my extreme haze hybrids, but that's another story.

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Well there is a lot of variation in my strains, so I will discuss the dried Bud that I posted. Which is close to my ideal. It is a 50% C5 hybrid.

That one is a creeper. Very euphoric up high, as long as you don't mix with other weed there is no real come down. No ceiling, if you smoke too much you can get vertigo. Like dry heaves if you move your head 1/2 inch kind of vertigo, must be careful. No tolerance build up, sneaks up on you and surprises you every time. Makes me hear music sometimes detailed riffs like you can pick out the instruments and stuff, but it's all in your head. Totally mind blowing. Lots of shadows out of corner your eye, mistaking floaters for bugs, real Paisleys in the periphery if you take too large a hit, etc.
Inexperienced smokers can freak out. I can't take more than one bonghit at a time, and can't handle more than 2 sessions a day, 4-6 hour high. my high Kush lines barely effect me, smoke them in evening because they help me come down. Don't smoke this stuff in the evening if you want to sleep at night.
View Image
man that stuff looks awesome ,
would make some wonderful hash or dry sieve with all that resin ,
great pic ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Correction: I meant to say high THC Kush lines. Did a high THC project collecting the highest THC cuts from around the world a few years back, crossing them to my extreme haze hybrids, but that's another story.

View Image
i made some sour c5 mango seed a while back ,
wish id made more ,
only got to sample the result once before some men in uniforms took it all away ,
but it was pretty nice ,

those are good combos ...

HAZENACIOUS

i made some sour c5 mango seed a while back ,
wish id made more ,
only got to sample the result once before some men in uniforms took it all away ,
but it was pretty nice ,

those are good combos ...
Hi Donald, thank you. Yes that sounds like a great combo as well, sorry about LEO... Always wanted to try the Mango, closest I got to it was some Nevil's Haze, an older cut sent to me from Amsterdam, from the greenhouse days. 25%+ THC, Had an 11&1/2 wk budding cycle, NL Dom supposedly but still hazier any SSH cut I ever smoked. Not as strong as my C5, but a very happy euphoric, up high, not so trippy. I crossed it with an Ultra Haze dominant 75% C5 backcross, male that I had been saving. The resultant offspring was Hazier than either parent, this top selection pictured below, turned out to be hazier than either parent, with a 15 week Budding cycle:

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i can highly recommend the mango ,
while i didnt rate it as trippy ,
it was very euphoric ,
and took a lot of time to build a tolerance too ,
even toking it everyday as i used too ...

well worth a try ...

HAZENACIOUS

it was very euphoric ,

well worth a try ...

Sure hope I get to try it one of these days... That's the mark of a true Haze, you never build tolerance to it.

Treevly

The tripiest thing I ever had was called "Matchbox Jamaican" at the time, because it came in little wee boxes like a small matchbox. Instant Hubble.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
mango haze is good, but laos x mango haze is better, and, should I say it?, trippy..
picture.php
picture.php

hey Thaibliss, I read you grew some big sur hollyweed, how did you like it? was it trippy?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
... It's a Dalat pheno from Snowhighs Vietnamese Laughing Grass (Dalat x Congo Black) ...It's a creeper with a nice amount of visual static and some surreal feelings when you're outdoors. The type of feeling where you might be in your regular neighborhood, but the trees and plants seem to have a certain energy to them that you couldn't feel or see before (have experienced this in other SE Asians and believe we've discussed before)... mostly just leave the body alone for the most part... mango haze is good, but laos x mango haze is better, and, should I say it?, trippy..

hey Thaibliss, I read you grew some big sur hollyweed, how did you like it? was it trippy?
Hey Bold...

Looks like a really nice plant with stellar ancestry.

I grew Big Sur Holy Weed a few times. It's very good quality high. The first time I killed it off due to lack of power, I regretted it. It's easy to underestimate mild trippiness. I think the cutting of SAGE I had was very similar, almost indistinguishable during vegetation stage, and similar high. I prefer the SAGE and I finally captured it's genetics in my line as these related lineages deserved.

Hi Thaibliss,

C5 is short for Haze C male crossed to Northern Lights #5. This was the only stuff Nevil put a warning on. Nevil told me himself it was by far the most potent weed he ever bred. It was only offered in the 89-90 Seedbank Catalogue. I had a cut of this that I was crossing with all different varieties of outdoor California, in the early 90s.
Thanks for the clarification. You are lucky to experience it and smart enough to preserve in your genetics. That one Neville's Haze I grew is the only weed I smoked that I considered better than Thai Stick, so I suppose a pheno of it or something similar must have reared it's head out of that.

this qualifies...very clear visuals change the uhkrul has thrown the heaviness of the nb up on its shoulder an is off for a long hike and now its working for you instead of against ,,, listening to music i used to trip to an its setting off those feelings feels like itll be real nice after a cure...
...new recruit on the search
Yes, Nanan Bouclous does have some very good traits. I'm pleased to see so many growing Laos plants. Good luck with that.

That one is a creeper. Very euphoric up high, as long as you don't mix with other weed there is no real come down. No ceiling, if you smoke too much you can get vertigo. Like dry heaves if you move your head 1/2 inch kind of vertigo...
, must be careful. No tolerance build up, sneaks up on you and surprises you every time. Makes me hear music sometimes detailed riffs like you can pick out the instruments and stuff, but it's all in your head. Totally mind blowing. Lots of shadows out of corner your eye, mistaking floaters for bugs, real Paisleys in the periphery if you take too large a hit, etc.
Inexperienced smokers can freak out. I can't take more than one bonghit at a time, and can't handle more than 2 sessions a day, 4-6 hour high. ...Don't smoke this stuff in the evening if you want to sleep at night.
Great descriptions of what I consider trippy. "1/2 inch vertigo" LMAO! Felt it so many times but never captured the feeling in words like that. So obvious now that you have.

it was very euphoric ,

well worth a try ...
Hi Don Mallard - Thanks for reminding me of the Mango Haze. I've got to get to those seeds. It keeps getting mentioned over and over by you and others.

Do you rate any weed as trippy? My bar is much lower, I think, but it's still hard to find. LOL

The tripiest thing I ever had was called "Matchbox Jamaican" at the time, because it came in little wee boxes like a small matchbox. Instant Hubble.
Yes, I've had Jamaican back in the 70s that I thought was world class at the level of Thai Stick. We called it "Jamaican Ganj..."

mango haze is good, but laos x mango haze is better, and, should I say it?, trippy..
There we go again... "Mango Haze".

I sure hope my Laos pollen is viable. Should know by November 1st.

See the Big Sur Holy Weed answer at the top of this post. In summary, yes. Mildly trippy, but extreme high quality. Typical Mexican top grade. It's like the Mexican shamans took the S.E. Asian genetics and refined it with emphasis on the happy, clean, and clear trippiness.

Strange. Somehow I mixed up the Bold as Love and Maha Kala posts. Wish I could blame it on the weed. Maybe too much over a lifetime. LOL Oh well.

Thanks for all the great posts lately! Makes me happy.

ThaiBliss

HAZENACIOUS

Hey Bold...

Looks like a really nice plant with stellar ancestry.

I grew Big Sur Holy Weed a few times. It's very good quality high. The first time I killed it off due to lack of power, I regretted it. It's easy to underestimate mild trippiness. I think the cutting of SAGE I had was very similar, almost indistinguishable during vegetation stage, and similar high. I prefer the SAGE and I finally captured it's genetics in my line as these related lineages deserved.

Thanks for the clarification. You are lucky to experience it and smart enough to preserve in your genetics. That one Neville's Haze I grew is the only weed I smoked that I considered better than Thai Stick, so I suppose a pheno of it or something similar must have reared it's head out of that.

Yes, Nanan Bouclous does have some very good traits. I'm pleased to see so many growing Laos plants. Good luck with that.

Great descriptions of what I consider trippy. "1/2 inch vertigo" LMAO! Felt it so many times but never captured the feeling in words like that. So obvious now that you have.

Hi Don Mallard - Thanks for reminding me of the Mango Haze. I've got to get to those seeds. It keeps getting mentioned over and over by you and others.

Do you rate any weed as trippy? My bar is much lower, I think, but it's still hard to find. LOL

Yes, I've had Jamaican back in the 70s that I thought was world class at the level of Thai Stick. We called it "Jamaican Ganj..."

There we go again... "Mango Haze".

I sure hope my Laos pollen is viable. Should know by November 1st.

See the Big Sur Holy Weed answer at the top of this post. In summary, yes. Mildly trippy, but extreme high quality. Typical Mexican top grade. It's like the Mexican shamans took the S.E. Asian genetics and refined it with emphasis on the happy, clean, and clear trippiness.

Strange. Somehow I mixed up the Bold as Love and Maha Kala posts. Wish I could blame it on the weed. Maybe too much over a lifetime. LOL Oh well.

Thanks for all the great posts lately! Makes me happy.

ThaiBliss
Hi Thai,

Yes C5 is closely related to Nevil's haze.

It's interesting, Nevil told me that C5 was by far the trippiest cross he ever did. My original C5 cut, which we called The Holland Haze, was unreal, I've actually had a quite a few people accuse me of lacing it over the years, but I never did.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
c5 is base practically for every dutch haze hybrid. for example jack herrer which can be very trippy, but also have body heaviness to the effect. as well as mango haze is straight descendant of c5.. , but like was said not so trippy.. sour diesel(not c5 related) has also trippy effect - it was reported in this thread too, but unfortunately has body effect to it, like jack herrer with drunken feeling... so we crossed sour diesel with bangi haze to get rid of that mushroomy drunkenness.. it was successful, as bangi haze is great breeding tool, and bangi added more clearness and speediness and hybrid is nice trippy ride.. I have cut of it, and will hit it with big sur hollyweed male, we got 8 or 9 males :D now I have to choose one. or more :D glad to hear it has some trippy effect to it. hopefully in crosses it gets more pronounced.. sour diesel x bangi haze
picture.php
picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Strange. Somehow I mixed up the Bold as Love and Maha Kala posts. Wish I could blame it on the weed. ThaiBliss

hehe :D didnt you want to say trippy weed? some good trippy weed it seems. once I had lsd with two friends, and in some phase I didnt know if I am them or they are me. I mean minds.. couldnt say me or them :D haha

edit:
I found that report for sour diesel
one of the best highs ive had was from supposedly sour diesel. i prefer clear headed highs, but sometimes i do like disorienting, dense, dreamy highs that have that hard to focus your eyes type effect. this supposed sour diesel (it did have the look, smell afaik) had this in spades; i wanted to sit, but the high was very heady, almost dissociating. the treetops turned into any number of creatures (i vividly remember a t-rex), reminiscent of ccr - 'lookin out my back door'.

ive had a few commercial hybrids get me that loaded, but never truly as memorable as this one time in like a million that i'd picked up "sour diesel". i think much can be said for set and setting.

to me, theres just something about straddling that line of existential trepidation, but with just enough euphoria to keep the anxiety at bay.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Maha Kala - I'm glad your Bangi Haze has worked out as well for you as it has for me. I've bet my 40 year breeding project on it as it is now fully infused. Still working on the SAGE infusion as I have dallied with SAGE and/or Big Sur Holy Weed for some 20 years. Not that Bangi Haze is better than SAGE, but the breeding results from Bangi Haze have been immediate and proven consistent.

All - So, we seem to have quite a few C5/Haze lovers following this thread at the moment. It should be easy to start a fight. I'm just kidding, but it will probably happen anyway. LOL

I have not been convinced, so far, that Thai is not a part Neville's Haze. I've grown some 32 to 38 predominately Haze specimens. I only found two exceptional ones, SAGE x Purple Haze Thai, and that special Neville's Haze. I do feel that the Gypsy Thai x Neville's Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness male I have is going to be exceptional, but test results are a long way off. Obviously, Thai has been crossed to two of the three that I have found that I like or have promise. The special Neville's Haze is the only one that was Thai-like from the potency and effect. That plant stood out from the others in a dramatic way from the moment it sprouted. All other Neville's Haze plants looked similar. The acid pheno was from another planet, and I immediately likened it to Thai by looks and aroma.

The reason for my Colombian only (no Thai) skepticism is not about documentation from the breeders in the know, but the distinctive effects I get from Thai. It is so electric. I mean it is literally a nerve buzzing adrenaline rush. It feels like a constant mild electric shock buzzing my body for the first hour or two. There are moments as it comes on that it feels more like a shit my pants lightning bolt than anything mild. LOL. The only other weed that has given me this effect is Sumatran. I have smoked dozens of distinct imported Colombian strains, many of them quite excellent and powerful, but I never got those extreme electric effects from them.

My question to the experts is, has anyone ever felt this continuous electric shock effect from good Haze plants like Mango Haze, Northern Lights x C5 Haze, Original Haze, Old Timer's Haze, Neville's Haze or any other Haze dominant strains? I don't believe I have ever heard anyone describe this effect from those. My teeth buzz just from thinking about that Thai weed. To be fair, there is a lot more to Thai weed than the electric buzz, and I do hear descriptions that match the trippy and euphoric high part of it from other Haze plants.

ThaiBliss

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Not that Bangi Haze is better than SAGE, but the breeding results from Bangi Haze have been immediate and proven consistent.

ThaiBliss

I agree.. well said. it gives huge vigor. I like it :D

I believe too, that there is thai pheno in Neville´s haze. but I know only one man who keeps it, as it is very very long flowering.. also nobody wants as it is not weed you can smoke everyday LOL I crossed it with tom hill haze males, Tom Hill claims his selection is 75% of thai phenos.. or thai-like plants.. so I have some good thai haze in stock here.. NH, thai pheno bohemps cut
picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Maha Kala - I'm glad your Bangi Haze has worked out as well for you as it has for me. I've bet my 40 year breeding project on it as it is now fully infused. Still working on the SAGE infusion as I have dallied with SAGE and/or Big Sur Holy Weed for some 20 years. Not that Bangi Haze is better than SAGE, but the breeding results from Bangi Haze have been immediate and proven consistent.

All - So, we seem to have quite a few C5/Haze lovers following this thread at the moment. It should be easy to start a fight. I'm just kidding, but it will probably happen anyway. LOL

I have not been convinced, so far, that Thai is not a part Neville's Haze. I've grown some 32 to 38 predominately Haze specimens. I only found two exceptional ones, SAGE x Purple Haze Thai, and that special Neville's Haze. I do feel that the Gypsy Thai x Neville's Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness male I have is going to be exceptional, but test results are a long way off. Obviously, Thai has been crossed to two of the three that I have found that I like or have promise. The special Neville's Haze is the only one that was Thai-like from the potency and effect. That plant stood out from the others in a dramatic way from the moment it sprouted. All other Neville's Haze plants looked similar. The acid pheno was from another planet, and I immediately likened it to Thai by looks and aroma.

The reason for my Colombian only (no Thai) skepticism is not about documentation from the breeders in the know, but the distinctive effects I get from Thai. It is so electric. I mean it is literally a nerve buzzing adrenaline rush. It feels like a constant mild electric shock buzzing my body for the first hour or two. There are moments as it comes on that it feels more like a shit my pants lightning bolt than anything mild. LOL. The only other weed that has given me this effect is Sumatran. I have smoked dozens of distinct imported Colombian strains, many of them quite excellent and powerful, but I never got those extreme electric effects from them.

My question to the experts is, has anyone ever felt this continuous electric shock effect from good Haze plants like Mango Haze, Northern Lights x C5 Haze, Original Haze, Old Timer's Haze, Neville's Haze or any other Haze dominant strains? I don't believe I have ever heard anyone describe this effect from those. My teeth buzz just from thinking about that Thai weed. To be fair, there is a lot more to Thai weed than the electric buzz, and I do hear descriptions that match the trippy and euphoric high part of it from other Haze plants.

ThaiBliss

I had an Nl5hz pheno that came from a mix of different selections of Neville haze (long history, but due to the confusion of that mix it was labeled Nl5hz) by the nauseating and Penetrating aroma of church incense, which gave an effect that I called waves of current, in the nocturnal silence they heard an intermittent buzzing in their ears, like electric waves, I used it in the cross with Zamaldelica ...

Crazy Chester

ThaiBliss

I just gotta say, I'm blown away by your experience, knowledge and skills, ThaiBliss! :tiphat:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I had an Nl5hz pheno that came from a mix of different selections of Neville haze (long history, but due to the confusion of that mix it was labeled Nl5hz) by the nauseating and Penetrating aroma of church incense, which gave an effect that I called waves of current, in the nocturnal silence they heard an intermittent buzzing in their ears, like electric waves, I used it in the cross with Zamaldelica ...
that cros sounds great I smoked numerous time zamal x neville´s haze from female seeds and that was some trippy stuff.. have to say that sammy´s cut of NH gives buzzing and ringing in ears too.. good stuff.