What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I am sure, but I need male! I found this info on south asian vatieties and their males.
Regarding the herms, there are several different types and many genetic triggers. I find most south east asians are similar though. I've been working with an old 87 aussie sativa that I believe is an old thai stick line that I call "Rain". I found the best way to maintain its qualities is using pure females and male hermies that show female parts 2/3 through flowering, 1/2 way through flower is acceptable but you can start losing special traits. Also the ratio of female parts should be 1/3 or less on the male hermy..
When I used pure males it brought out hermies in the females and I began losing certain traits in fractal patterns through the seed generations. It can take several or more generations to fix the herm problem in females afterwards.

no way I would use landrace male then... I need more worked line and hope firm male will not cause hermies in progeny LOL

harvestreaper

Veteran
I am sure, but I need male! I found this info on south asian vatieties and their males.

no way I would use landrace male then... I need more worked line and hope firm male will not cause hermies in progeny LOL
intersting observations but i dont believe reguler males create hermies at all ,,,if the reguler male or female carries hermie traits therll pass it on if they dont they wont, i would say the males tested simply carried hermie traits recicive in your example .. when your dealing with landrace genetics you can expect plenty of variables imo

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I will have to risk it. variables are great or more than that.. at landrace I would have to find the female with effect I need, 40 or 50 females at least I think.. and than get know how it works in variability coming from that one female and then choose that male according that, you can see most crosses use female, either they use choc thai or viet black.. only thai male using is cannabiogen´s meao thai, although I read speculation its destroyer male :D there is some reason why not to use south asian male hehe but we are talking about it in this thread. that means it has something to do with trippy weed, so I want that male gives possibility to find "tunnel vision" phenotype in progeny when I cross it with acid hazes.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I will have to risk it. variables are great or more than that.. at landrace I would have to find the female with effect I need, 40 or 50 females at least I think.. and than get know how it works in variability coming from that one female and then choose that male according that, you can see most crosses use female, either they use choc thai or viet black.. only thai male using is cannabiogen´s meao thai, although I read speculation its destroyer male :D there is some reason why not to use south asian male hehe but we are talking about it in this thread. that means it has something to do with trippy weed, so I want that male gives possibility to find "tunnel vision" phenotype in progeny when I cross it with acid hazes.
sounds like a good plan,, thats half the fun for me being on the road to findout ,, acid tunnel ? im in lol

romanoweed

i suggest your ukruhl is what it says harvestr.
Why i think it is, well you told it can be quiet trippy, and i thought just lately that Ukruhl Looks quiet wild genetically. Dont understand wrong, i dont call much other realseedcom seeds wild. But i can see some rustical, slightly headichy Traits just from the look. Thats not ment bad! In this times thats very rare to have a Landrace closer to wild Plants, but in same time changed enough by man to not be headichy to much and to weak.

Thats what i just thought lately.
Fits into the thematic that by culling hermies one can often loose a substential Part of a landrace. You shure know my view. untamed Sides often are even a Part of a Tunnelvision Strain ( i actually seek Hallus) .
It probably doesent have to be. But it might be needed if you wanna have Hallus, with every strong selection you also may risk to loose MUCH, or you may not.

The strain that allegedly made me hallucinate (imdont know wich it was but have stong reasons, wich) was seen frome some as HEmp. from others as Gemstone. Yes, they said the most different things about it like it would been two Strains.

harvestreaper

Veteran
Why i think it is, well you told it can be quiet trippy, and i thought just lately that Ukruhl Looks quiet wild genetically. Dont understand wrong, i dont call much other realseedcom seeds wild. But i can see some rustical, slightly headichy Traits just from the look. Thats not ment bad! In this times thats very rare to have a Landrace closer to wild Plants, but in same time changed enough by man to not be headichy to much and to weak.

Fits into the thematic that by culling hermies one can often loose a substential Part of a landrace. You shure know my view. untamed Sides often are even a Part of a Tunnelvision Strain ( i actually seek Hallus) .
It probably doesent have to be. But it might be needed if you wanna have Hallus, with every strong selection you also may risk to loose MUCH, or you may not.

The strain that allegedly made me hallucinate (imdont know wich it was but have stong reasons, wich) was seen frome some as HEmp. from others as Gemstone. Yes, they said the most different things about it like it would been two Strains.
i hear you romanoweed and i make you right ,any selection can cull out varuis traits at the same time it might be dominant in desirable traits ,,i mean how manys enough to maintain a line 10 20 1000 10 000 ? i think in someways going thru lower numbers thouroughly will give you a better understanding of the line ,,,i guess all we can do is roll the dice an see what we get :)

romanoweed

yes harvestreaper i imagine that .
For me that would be a very risky Thing to doo if not done carefully (saved open pollination). All Strains i seak are of the highest Degree i would say. Some would tell the opposite over the same Strains, cause they only seek a Stabil Strain. For me, the only Strains that have Reports of highest ever degree deriver from, very low Generation 70 LAndraces. They will hit a 1000 on my scale in phenos.

That search for Stability seems: Risky to me GIVEN THAT I NEVER HEARD OF HALLUCINOGENIC Inbreed Landraces.
Im open for it. But as soon i hear of nothing exeptional good, i goo back to my experience of hallucinogenic bud and the realtion of that bud to 70s Landraces, untamed. haha

I would never risk the potential stability for the potential loss of the pure power of 70s Lowgen Landraces. I would ever hold a open poll as backup, so ist no more risk, eventually start new. And by the time i probably really just gained Stability without 0.000 loss, i have bred so Long, that i just could have grown out all those Variation instead with the same amout of Trippy-phenos.. haha. But for preservations i anyway have to refresh my seeds in 20 years, so, i will have to do it

romanoweed

Dont understand me wrong: first its my way of doing things. Should everyone do his.
And secound: It might be that we Westeners hold the only, really the only Remains of These old Cultivars. In this view, Savety might be much more important.

Even in a Comunity, if hundert People select just for one Trait, potency, there is not even so much added trough adition afterwords.

I will have to select and i, just me, i plan to select very broad, for Details, subtile Traits too.

I often heard if you Isolate one single Chemical, per ex. thc, even its a main active trippy substance, it is lush against a Combination of all thosand Chemicals. The difference is like: scary depressive satisfying Pressure (from Thc) against: religious triplike Experience from a 70s Landrace.

That probably Shows that we should select broadband. Not speaking of the size of Operation, rather of the numbers or Selected Plants per Operation.

Im not entirely shure on this. Does lsd has facettes, Details? hmmm so half, who knows.
does Landrace have facettes. Unlimited, yes.

D

DNM1

Zamaldelica

Zamaldelica

:)

Attachments

• IMG_2148.jpg
    IMG_2148.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2213.jpg
    IMG_2213.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 26
D

DNM1

KA5H Haze A Dominant

KA5H Haze A Dominant

:)

Attachments

• IMG_1740.jpg
    IMG_1740.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20170214 195844
    20170214 195844
    114.1 KB · Views: 59

Crazy Chester

I have often heard if you Isolate one single Chemical, per ex. thc, even its a main active trippy substance, it is lush against a Combination of all thosand Chemicals. The difference is like: scary depressive satisfying Pressure (from Thc) against: religious triplike Experience from a 70s Landrace.

Good point, romanoweed - we just don't know if isolating what we've determined is the potency characteristic, resulting in the elimination of certain other characteristics that, on their own, seem to have nothing to do with potency, may actually reduce overall potency in the seed plants produced from it due to the potency characteristic we thought we isolated turning out to only work in association with the seemingly un-related characteristic.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
sounds like a good plan,, thats half the fun for me being on the road to findout ,, acid tunnel ? im in lol

hehe not really, but I believe that if you make F1 with even mildly trippy individual, the hybrid vigor can bring that trippiness to higher level. seem to me easier to achieve it this way then looking for acid landrace line... and of course original haze is great breeding tool, can even mask some intersex issues in F1. maybe :D

harvestreaper

Veteran

according to he write up your right about being wild ,,might be one for you to try ?

Traditionally, Cannabis is not a household crop of the Naga, unlike their neighbours such as the Meitei and Bengalis. Naga communities appear to have begun cultivating ganja comparitively recently, in response to increased demand from lowland Indian communities during nineteenth-century economic expansion into Assam.

Compared to Bengali or Manipuri ganja, the crude Naga ganja was thought by the ninteenth-century British to be a “jungle product”. There is a degree of truth to this, in so far as Naga farmers are said to sometimes allow feral stands of Cannabis to establish themselves in the highlands. By comparison, the more sophisticated methods employed by Meitei ganja farmers would not allow weedy populations to affect cultivated crops. That said, if some Naga fields are crop–weed complexes, this may explain their hardiness and diversity.

harvestreaper

Veteran
hehe not really, but I believe that if you make F1 with even mildly trippy individual, the hybrid vigor can bring that trippiness to higher level. seem to me easier to achieve it this way then looking for acid landrace line... and of course original haze is great breeding tool, can even mask some intersex issues in F1. maybe :D

i hear you sounds like a great way of getting trippy weed ,,now all i need is some nice pure haze pollen lol

romanoweed

My interest in rather wild`ish Strains is definitely there. For me its still unclear how far 70Landr. differ from wild Plants. How much humans work was needed. And thats why im very interested, but rather not in Indians.
More wild SE Asians please.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Smoke Report

Smoke Report

Greetings,

Nice bud shot HarvestReaper. It's easy to see the Nanan Bouclou in that plant.

All - I don't understand the perspective that ganja from the 70s is wild or "landrace" as apposed to well bred. As far as I'm concerned, Thai Sticks were the pinnacle of Cannabis breeding. The late 70s were the heyday of California weed. It was when most buds were of sativa origin, but there were also lots indica buds around. If that mixture could have been maintained, California would be viewed as the center of Cannabis culture for the world. Instead, the genetics were hybridized into oblivion by rank amateurs, including myself.

Is the best tomato you ever tasted also the biggest tomato you ever ate? Is the best tomato the reddest tomato? Is the best wine the one with the highest alcohol content? Is the best coffee, the one that has the most caffine? We all know the correct answers. Why do we apply traits such as the biggest, most dense, highest THC content, early ripening buds to be traits of "non-landrace" or well bred Cannabis?

On another subject, I smoked some Zamaldelica hash last weekend. It was good. I had no desire to smoke more than a few hits. I had no desire to try another strain. It had no moody introspection. It was up, cerebral, and energetic. It was good time smoke.

My only disappointment was the potency. Given that it was an exceptionly cold, wet fall, the plant didn't ripen until well into December, and I didn't harvest the plant until February, the results were actually very impressive. Oh, and it was growing in my living room next to a window and got very limited exposure to sunlight for the last two months. I should be extremely impressed. LMAO!

At this point, my plan is to pollinate my 50% SAGE x 50% Bangi Wicked generation and this particular late ripening Zamaldelica plant with the Thai and/or Laos pollen.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Planting seeds today:

SAGE x Bangi Wicked
(Thai x (Colombian Gold x C99)) x Bangi Wicked

Making seed more suited to the tropics by using the Gypsy Thai and Laos pollen on these, but without abandoning the work I've put into my long term breeding project.

ThaiBliss