What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

D

DNM1

"...[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have a beautiful Zamadelica in flower..."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some have said that one is "trip weed" - do you find it trippy?
[/FONT]

It's my first try with her CC.
Yes I do feel she will be "trippy",but,I won't know till I'm done with her
:)

Attachments

• IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 27

Smokin1

As the landrace team is the only company selling anything called Kalamata red, I will be giving it a go. It's been described as a trippy sativa, and so deserves mention here. The pictures look legit, and it comes up as a landrace on phylos, which is what you would expect from a landrace which has been brought to a different country and grown as an heirloom for many years. I'm sure there's many people that still have this heirloom, which came from a landrace, but right now there is only one selling it, and they are taking pre-orders. Didn't mean to upset anybody

D

DNM1

As the landrace team is the only company selling anything called Kalamata red, I will be giving it a go. It's been described as a trippy sativa, and so deserves mention here. The pictures look legit, and it comes up as a landrace on phylos, which is what you would expect from a landrace which has been brought to a different country and grown as an heirloom for many years. I'm sure there's many people that still have this heirloom, which came from a landrace, but right now there is only one selling it, and they are taking pre-orders. Didn't mean to upset anybody

My friend try it.You need help, will provide what I've learned by growing greek heirlooms(only once)
My personal thoughts when "IBL" had gone missing,I felt I had to share
Good luck

Smokin1

After reading Kalamata Red ibl thread I understand yr concerns. Cannot an ibl also be a landrace? It's a shame hearing of price changes (@water) from these guys. They do seem to throw the prices out off the cuff so to speak. I myself have gotten different price quotes at different times for the same seeds thru e mail. However, their Vietnamese is getting great reviews so i dont know what to think. Are you concerned with the very limited reproduction of these seeds? In other words just a couple males or females used? Sounds like I would prefer to get these genetics somewhere else ( like you lol) , but alas, only one seller right now. That June selling date can be viewed as a bit sketchy as well I suppose. Good point with the locals not being able to say if it's legit or not for a whole growing season. However thelandraceteam would only hurt their prospects for success in the future by doing such a thing and it doesn't make good business sense. Perhaps they reproduced the seeds last year, and they're just letting the seeds properly cure before they put them on the market? Any other thoughts you have on the matter would be greatly appreciated. How old do you think the Kalamata might be? I have read anything from the 1960s back to Alexander the great. Not a lot of info out there. I never even heard about it until quite recently.

D

DNM1

After reading Kalamata Red ibl thread I understand yr concerns. Cannot an ibl also be a landrace? It's a shame hearing of price changes (@water) from these guys. They do seem to throw the prices out off the cuff so to speak. I myself have gotten different price quotes at different times for the same seeds thru e mail. However, their Vietnamese is getting great reviews so i dont know what to think. Are you concerned with the very limited reproduction of these seeds? In other words just a couple males or females used? Sounds like I would prefer to get these genetics somewhere else ( like you lol) , but alas, only one seller right now. That June selling date can be viewed as a bit sketchy as well I suppose. Good point with the locals not being able to say if it's legit or not for a whole growing season. However thelandraceteam would only hurt their prospects for success in the future by doing such a thing and it doesn't make good business sense. Perhaps they reproduced the seeds last year, and they're just letting the seeds properly cure before they put them on the market? Any other thoughts you have on the matter would be greatly appreciated. How old do you think the Kalamata might be? I have read anything from the 1960s back to Alexander the great. Not a lot of info out there. I never even heard about it until quite recently.
If the Vietnamese is having great reviews, buy a 5xpack of that,and,since they don't have a price for their version of Kalamata Red,I think every reputable breeder/seedbank gives one freebie with such a transaction(ask for Kalamata Red)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Gorgeous Haze! Is that a selection from Neville's Haze?

I'd love to read detailed smoke reports with about the effects on the mind, from the Acid Haze and from the Greek varieties.

I'm planning a smoke test this Friday on the late ripening Zamaldelica. Not expecting much due to the conditions the plant was grown under. I'm lying. My hope is soaring.

However, I'd like to report about the terpenes again. I crushed up the buds to extract seeds and make the hash. I left the crushed up bud in my kitchen compost bucket for several days. It was haunting. Here are my descriptions of the complex Zamaldelica aromas from that plant.

Turpentine/Paint Thinner/Cat Piss/Fuel/Citric - This aroma is dominant, but I may be exaggerating the dominance because it is what most reminds me of Thai and I love it so much. At the point when the buds would have been harvested for ganja, the plant was absolutely reeking of Cat Piss. Due to cold weather, I bought the plant inside to finish ripening off the seeds. Every day after coming home from work I was shocked at the strong aroma, even though I knew it was coming before I opened the door. I had several other female plants in the house, but this plant overpowered the rest by a longshot. It was so strong when I first smelled it, I was able to walk right up to this plant first and picked it out as the one throwing off this stank. Near the end, it became less cat piss and more turpentine/fuel/paint thinner. I listed citric in this because the other smells are not quite right. I'm thinking the citric aroma makes the other aromas different.

Spicy/Weedy/Peppery - Once the buds were well played out and crushed up, these aromas are as dominant as the aromas I listed above. The peppery aroma is more cayenne than black pepper. The weedy part is not grassy. It is more like old school good ganja weedy. I listed spicy because it stings my nostrils. These first two categories of aromas listed give me nosebleeds just thinking about them.

Cinnamon - This aroma stands out because it's so distinctive.

Fruity/Sweet - It is amazing that I can also detect this aroma among those other powerful nose burning/tingling/spicy aromas. But it's definitely there. I'm wondering if this is the mango aroma that is so widely reported in Zamaldelica and other S.E. Asian varieties. I eat a mango only about once or twice a year and I don't live in the tropics, so I'm not really tuned into this particular fruit. I think mango might have a touch of earthiness to it. Just enough to make me love the taste.

Mint/Menthol/Fresh - I only detected these aromas after the plant was well past ripe.

Now, I will attempt to make a graphic display of the intensities of these aromas reflected in font size.

Turpentine/Paint Thinner/Cat Piss/Fuel/Citric
Spicy/Weedy/Peppery
Cinnamon
Fruity/Sweet
Mint/Menthol/Fresh

If all goes well, I'll report on the effects of the Zamaldelica hash on Saturday.

ThaiBliss

D

DNM1

Gorgeous Haze! Is that a selection from Neville's Haze?

I'd love to read detailed smoke reports with about the effects on the mind, from the Acid Haze and from the Greek varieties.

I'm planning a smoke test this Friday on the late ripening Zamaldelica. Not expecting much due to the conditions the plant was grown under. I'm lying. My hope is soaring.

However, I'd like to report about the terpenes again. I crushed up the buds to extract seeds and make the hash. I left the crushed up bud in my kitchen compost bucket for several days. It was haunting. Here are my descriptions of the complex Zamaldelica aromas from that plant.

Turpentine/Paint Thinner/Cat Piss/Fuel/Citric - This aroma is dominant, but I may be exaggerating the dominance because it is what most reminds me of Thai and I love it so much. At the point when the buds would have been harvested for ganja, the plant was absolutely reeking of Cat Piss. Due to cold weather, I bought the plant inside to finish ripening off the seeds. Every day after coming home from work I was shocked at the strong aroma, even though I knew it was coming before I opened the door. I had several other female plants in the house, but this plant overpowered the rest by a longshot. It was so strong when I first smelled it, I was able to walk right up to this plant first and picked it out as the one throwing off this stank. Near the end, it became less cat piss and more turpentine/fuel/paint thinner. I listed citric in this because the other smells are not quite right. I'm thinking the citric aroma makes the other aromas different.

Spicy/Weedy/Peppery - Once the buds were well played out and crushed up, these aromas are as dominant as the aromas I listed above. The peppery aroma is more cayenne than black pepper. The weedy part is not grassy. It is more like old school good ganja weedy. I listed spicy because it stings my nostrils. These first two categories of aromas listed give me nosebleeds just thinking about them.

Cinnamon - This aroma stands out because it's so distinctive.

Fruity/Sweet - It is amazing that I can also detect this aroma among those other powerful nose burning/tingling/spicy aromas. But it's definitely there. I'm wondering if this is the mango aroma that is so widely reported in Zamaldelica and other S.E. Asian varieties. I eat a mango only about once or twice a year and I don't live in the tropics, so I'm not really tuned into this particular fruit. I think mango might have a touch of earthiness to it. Just enough to make me love the taste.

Mint/Menthol/Fresh - I only detected these aromas after the plant was well past ripe.

Now, I will attempt to make a graphic display of the intensities of these aromas reflected in font size.

Turpentine/Paint Thinner/Cat Piss/Fuel/Citric
Spicy/Weedy/Peppery
Cinnamon
Fruity/Sweet
Mint/Menthol/Fresh

If all goes well, I'll report on the effects of the Zamaldelica hash on Saturday.

ThaiBliss
For personal, good reasons,was away from IC mag for a few months
Vermontman has grown Greek Highland Red,pure,uncontaminated greek strain
Revival of the Ultimate Sativa thread post #5417,#5490(purple stem, aromas)
Post #5440 corrected him, in my absence, with term used for strain
Hope it helps with the greek part of your questionnaire my friend
Greek Red Landrace Seeds
Tried once to grow a female indoor, was unsuccessful.Outdoors have grown two phenotypes(my first ever grow summer 2017,documented)

Attachments

• IMG_1726.jpg
    IMG_1726.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 21

harvestreaper

Veteran
tell us something more about that ukhrul male please, if you can.. looks like its stable for sexuality right? I plan to select male of some south asian, but I am afraid of it :D that progeny will be herm disaster..

the uhkrul was a female brother ,,i probly label incorrect order ,,,i used nb male and ag male on her at diffrent times had no hermies in or out with ukrul ,,crosses or nb ,,the ag line did have a hermi male but i culled it,,,
picture.php

the uhkrul mum,,,

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
“very strong Sativa smoke, energizing, mildly trippy, comes over in waves…" so I guess that if its general characteristics of this variety, one can find some extremely trippy one too if get lucky enough..

harvestreaper

Veteran
and is effect of ukhrul mother that clear euphoric one or is it that hallucinating one? :D

not hallucinating but very strong sativa ruushes that came in waves that female was my fav landrace sativa to date and sronger than both acapulco gold and nanan bouclou she fit more the descruption of manupuri ,,,my manupuri fitted the ujrul description i have no clue it is what it is lol

harvestreaper

Veteran
ukruhl beeing hallucinogenic? really?

it was very good romanoweed ive just got a batch from this year the seeds look diffrent but well see ,,ive got the acapulco gold x female 2 runing again hopefully i can show her off better this timwe without the mites an flies ,, i keep her around she unusually fast and will produce nice buds outdoor in uk her sis was stronger effect both definatly mildly trippy

Latest posts

Latest posts