What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
ThaiBliss said:
Bangi Wicked Weed x (SAGE x Bangi Wicked Weed) on the other hand, or a good selection of pure Bangi Haze has a positive up vibe from the very beginning. What you initially see is what you get. The grin on your face slowly starts appearing from the first inhale. It stays plastered on your face for 8 hours or more, even after you think the high has worn off. Other humans, animals, plants, and aliens notice it and want to be in your company.

Wow... definitely, Wicked Weed! Would love to grow/try her!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
That NB flower cluster is really something. It could easily pass as an indica no?
I'm a little confused by "NB". If you mean Nanan Bouclou and not "Northstar Bud", then I think mine looked like a sativa leaning hybrid. These spears didn't fatten up much more than what is shown here:
picture.php

Maybe my confusion is just an excuse to get myself hyped on growing the children from this Nanan Bouclou plant.

Best,

ThaiBliss

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tried 4 small tokes off a joint of that same C99. Got the curious detached feeling again but not the intense, feel like I might die/brain blow up thing. Got an extreme detached effect with the 6 toke session.

I was trying to watch some video on the computer and the words did not register without a lot of effort, which I did not feel like applying, so listened to babble and did not care, hehe. Pretty trippy but not on par with the 6 toke time. Not sure I want the 6 toke effect anytime soon, hehe.

The high leaves a bit to be desired in a way. It challenges you some at higher doses (4 hits and up), and when you just feel like laying back, that is not so good. The Zacatecas would have hit the spot a bit better I think.

Breadwizard

Here's my selected zamaldelica stud, plant D. Darker, thinner leaves than any of the other phenos from the pack. Branchiest, and late showing. Guessing it's either the zam or Thai pheno, as the Malawi tends towards wider leaves I think.
picture.php

About to pollinate a lemongrass (DHN) and first lady (o deli). Yay zam crosses!
Edit: here's a more full plant shot, in sun
picture.php

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Tried 4 small tokes off a joint of that same C99. Got the curious detached feeling again but not the intense, feel like I might die/brain blow up thing. Got an extreme detached effect with the 6 toke session.

I was trying to watch some video on the computer and the words did not register without a lot of effort, which I did not feel like applying, so listened to babble and did not care, hehe. Pretty trippy but not on par with the 6 toke time. Not sure I want the 6 toke effect anytime soon, hehe.

The high leaves a bit to be desired in a way. It challenges you some at higher doses (4 hits and up), and when you just feel like laying back, that is not so good. The Zacatecas would have hit the spot a bit better I think.

Sounds like the shit to me. Never wanted to lay back when tripping. LOL.
:biggrin:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Has anyone seen a smoke report on chapitas de.michoacan from cannabiogen? I purchased the seeds but havent had the space

4 years ago I grew michoacan x oaxacan from cbg, next to mextizas, I was not that impressed, wouldnt grow it again. mextizas were much better.

michoacan x oaxacan
picture.php

Breadwizard

Just got my Ace order in the mail! Zacatecas Tribute success!

Other stuff for the tripweed hopefuls as well: C5 x Kalichina, PCK x Purple Old-timer's, and Tropical mix for funsies.
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

My interest in moving to Hawaii has diminished and I'm now strongly considering Costa Rica. As I harvested my early Zamaldelica seeds today, I laugh to myself at the likelihood that after 37 years of breeding plants for a psychedelic, energetic, and clear high that are much earlier ripening than most sativa varieties, I'm putting my breeding program into reverse and will be breeding for plants that ripen in December, January, and February, the driest months in the area where I now want to live.
:laughing:
Damn, life is funny!

At least I've stuck to the high that I want, which is the number one breeding goal. This will affect my choice of plants that I will drop the Laos and Thai pollen on this summer. Here are a couple of pictures of the plant that is now a strong contender for the Thai pollen that I harvested from today:
picture.php

picture.php

Due to the timing of the ripening male and female, or rather miss timing, I was only able to see a few seeds form. Luckily, there were significantly more seeds than what I could see. Still, there are a limited number. Here is a pic of the seeds:
picture.php

I'll get to sample some finger hash from this plant. These resins are more developed than the resin on the buds that I harvested for smoking. However, they were ripened under much less intense light. Smoking this will help me determine where that pollen goes:
picture.php

Best,

ThaiBliss

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
had some kin in Costa Rica 70’s.....drove down 60’s Econoline Van......farmed coffee/ganja......beautiful.....more States $ there now so prolly safer than it was then.......

keepin’ in thought with ya TB.......best in future choice.......ganj on......

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Probably the most trippiest weed I ever smoked was Acapulco Gold.....This was in the very early 70's...

I know it was the real deal, as I had met the man who smuggled 100, kilo bricks of it back to New England from southern Mexico in a camper trailer he had built for that purpose..

The weed was amazing...A pin joint between 3 people would have us too high to mentally function correctly..
There was very little, if any, body high to it..You could physically still do anything, and you wanted to get up and do stuff..

The high was so intense. Colors were intensified, and any movement attracted the eye to it...
We found ourselves studying ants as they went about their daily chores, as we were in the woods camping out... ..

Or at least we thought we were....

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Thanks Mountain,

I'd love to hear more about Costa Rica. I've been there twice, once for 3 weeks and another time for 2 weeks. I got around quite a bit and I was on high alert the entire time, especially because of the type of things I was doing. Crazy wildlife down there with poisonous snakes, even can't touch some of the frogs. Scary roads and drivers. I even found myself within 10 feet of a 2,000+ lbs crocodile! That was terrifying. Those look much bigger in real life, in fact HUGE!!!! Life seems cheap there, and at the same time thick/dense. I drank a lot there, but was never hung over. It was probably because of all the adrenaline, and feeling like my guard needed to be up. Sounds not so good when I read what I'm writing, but I have such fond memories.

I'm heading to the coffee areas. Wherever I go I'm scouting planting places and I got really good vibes where the coffee grows. I do enjoy my cooler weather. I didn't like the areas where it was predominately gringos. My understanding is that the area I want to check out has about 25% of people from North America and Europe. Costa Rica has been pretty cosmopolitan for a long time with Italians, Argentinians, Germans, etc. Makes me feel more comfortable than Panama or Nicaragua did.

I wanted to post again because I forgot to mention the aromas while extracting seeds. The SAGE-ified Bangi Wicked has a sweet, fruity, and peppery hash. Really fine. Despite the lack of world class power, I just love the high and aroma from that weed. The Zamaldelica hash has a medicinal/opium and carrot aroma. That plant had a lot of Thai type structural features, but the resin seems more like Zamal and/or Malawi. Next, I'll work on the late ripening Zamaldelica. That one had aromas more like Thai, fruity and piney. The later ripening is now a valuable trait. We'll see soon how the hash aromas are.

ThaiBliss

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the story on Acapulco Gold, Bud Green. satva also commented on the real Acapulco Gold which seemed to disappear after early 70's and said it was a trip. Lots of pretenders with that strain. I think Guerrero Gold, or what I have gotten from Snow and Bodhi are the Guerrero Gold and not that crazy of a high.

Chimera's Guerrero x Blueberry seems to be close to the original Acapulco Gold, that comes from satva. Pheno searching is required, maybe quite a lot. I have 20 f2's to go thru at some point.

satva also compared Panama Red to the high of Acapulco Gold, and my best PR is very close in effect to the better HM x BB phenos. Might not be able to tell the difference if I mixed them up. hehe Taste is a bit different but buzz is almost the same.

On the C99. I went for 3 tokes off a joint last night and got a perfect high. Took all my problems away and left me content. Was able to sleep after an hour and a half too. Dose plays a really big part in that strain, at least for me.

Snow Colombian Gold '72 going, Mango Thai, Jack Herer. I am thinking to pop some of the African strains next run. Senegal, Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
It's funny that you mention Panama Red, yesum...

I got out of high school in '72, and wanted to go to Jamaica...I wanted to go to the source of the most consistently good weed I had smoked in 3 years of toking..

After working all summer I was asked to help sail some sailboats toward the Caribbean. (I was an experienced young sailor living on the east coast)

Somewhere in the Bahamas, I got on the final boat, which would take me to Jamaica...

We stopped at Castle Island, the southernmost island in the Bahamas and tied up next to a 50 foot, Columbian fishing boat..
We were the only two boats in this tiny harbor and I met the crew of the fishing boat over the next 3 days in port..

One of the fishing boat crew was a young guy (18, like me) who was from Panama.
He and I did a lot of exploring together on this island, and he had an ounce or two of weed that he had brought from home...
To me it was some really, really good stuff.
And yes, it was red!
When my boat left a couple days later, this guy gave me about 5 grams of his stash to take with me...

The other two guys on my boat didn't toke but had no problem with me getting high when I wasn't on watch...

It was some really stony weed.

I took the world's first selfie, after smoking a bowl one day, with my bulky 35mm SLR camera..
Do I look like I had a damn good buzz? 'Cause i sure did!

That's the island of Cuba in the background. I arrived in Jamaica about 2 days later...

Attachments

• 63.jpg
    63.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 29
Thanks for the story on Acapulco Gold, Bud Green. satva also commented on the real Acapulco Gold which seemed to disappear after early 70's and said it was a trip. Lots of pretenders with that strain. I think Guerrero Gold, or what I have gotten from Snow and Bodhi are the Guerrero Gold and not that crazy of a high.

Chimera's Guerrero x Blueberry seems to be close to the original Acapulco Gold, that comes from satva. Pheno searching is required, maybe quite a lot. I have 20 f2's to go thru at some point.

satva also compared Panama Red to the high of Acapulco Gold, and my best PR is very close in effect to the better HM x BB phenos. Might not be able to tell the difference if I mixed them up. hehe Taste is a bit different but buzz is almost the same.

On the C99. I went for 3 tokes off a joint last night and got a perfect high. Took all my problems away and left me content. Was able to sleep after an hour and a half too. Dose plays a really big part in that strain, at least for me.

Snow Colombian Gold '72 going, Mango Thai, Jack Herer. I am thinking to pop some of the African strains next run. Senegal, Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica.

hey yesum, I ran 4 different phenotypes of chimeras hmbb for a few years as personal smoko, the best pheno was very hard for some to smoke, I could count back from 5 to 1 and everyone would exhale and then say "fuck I ,m stoned" instantly..he he, then the breath taking elevator ride would lift them up another level...lovely hybrid indeed, so if thats an Acapulco or representative of the pr ....? all the best

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I extracted seeds from the late flowering Zamaldelica today. The hash smelled mostly of penetrating turpentine and a fresh aroma. The freshener aroma reminded me of citric, very faint mint, and/or menthol. When the plant seemed to be ripening, the fresh aroma was like cat piss, or fuel, pine, and citric. The aromas on from this plant, and it's hash is much more like my memories of Thai Stick, than the earlier ripening Zamaldelica.
picture.php

The bad news is that I only found 4 seeds. At least I got something. And oh, got plenty of hash. :biggrin:

The female Laos is still in the greenhouse. Buds are not developing further, but not yet revegging either. The fan leaves are really fading. Otherwise, it looks quite a bit like the late ripening Zamaldelica pictured above.

ThaiBliss

Smokin1

@ thaibliss... the landrace team is releasing Kalamata Red on June 1st. Trippy high. 12 to 14 weeks flowering. Phylos says landrace ! Up to 17% thc. I'm new here, but have been reading yr thread for months! We have similar tastes.

W

Water-

@ thaibliss... the landrace team is releasing Kalamata Red on June 1st. Trippy high. 12 to 14 weeks flowering. Phylos says landrace ! Up to 17% thc. I'm new here, but have been reading yr thread for months! We have similar tastes.

good luck with the Landrace Team.

they are the biggest idiots i have ever dealt with.

i had to threaten them with reporting them for fraud to get my money back after they tried extorting more money out of me to get my seeds sent to me after i already payed the qouted price.