What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

anurag

come to the real tropical jungle one day boy and ill show u how to grow weed in the tropics ,
and stop being such a silly upstart whipper snapper man ,
i practically wrote the book on growing in the tropics , so dont even start boy ....

dont come at me again with your bullshit , like i said i m old and i dont tolerate fools ....

Hi Donald,

I'm old too. I wouldn't give the Bitchdoctor a bit of attention. He's a troll. We've allowed our education systems, etc, to become infiltrated by demonic vermin who have hypnotized us. I see it especially in the new crop of youth. Actually feel sorry for them. Their minds have been poisoned with toxic ways before they knew what was happening.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
i don't even know what you're talking about but that does happen, a moment of realization that someone even you may have been brainwashed at some point, like forgive them they know not what they do sort of thing

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Secret Revealed to Cease Debate

Secret Revealed to Cease Debate

Greetings,

I'm dreaming of moving to Hawaii. I'm even looking at property, average rainfall, and daylight hours for my favorite location. This is northern hemisphere. From what I see, I would attempt to plant seeds in March. I would expect subtropical strains to grow without flowering until fall. I know this because of my experience here. If I start plants indoors and put them out in spring, they flower right away because of the drastic change in hours of darkness. But if I start them outside in a greenhouse under natural light only, they will veg until mid summer. As long as the amount of nighttime hours are steadily decreasing from a few days of initial sprouting, they will not flower even though there is only 9 to 10 hours of daylight when I plant in February or March. This even includes indica strains. This is my #1 secret to growing 16 foot high plants in Oregon. It's easy. I do it almost every year. I would suspect that the Thai and Laos strains would start flowering in October at the earliest and flower into February, March, or even later. I think this because of how damned stubborn these plants have been while attempting to grow them this year under natural light only. I never knew how bad they behaved until this year. In Hawaii, the growing season might overlap each other.

It's not really a big secret. Lot's of growers here know this. LOL I suspect this is the heart of the misunderstanding.

ThaiBliss

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It had been a month or more since I had toked some FDM C99, so I rolled a small joint of my favorite pheno tonight. Took 3 hits and went to do some exercise. I felt I needed a bit more high after 30 minutes so took another 3 hits.

The first high was good but a little underwhelming, so I expected the last 3 hits would just do about right. Instead, the high kept building until I was 'too high'. Brain freeze and feeling disconnected with my body.

I was really glad for the high to mellow out after 45 minutes or so after toking the last 3 hits, it was super intense. Feeling was trippy for sure but not that enjoyable I guess. I think it was the kind of high ThaiBliss favors, super speedy to the point of being unable to do anything but hang on to your chair.

Brain going so fast there is barely time for thoughts as such or connection to your body. Acceleration to the point that it gave couchlock but in no way relaxing. I have not been that high since I smoked some Hawaiian back in '85, which was about 6 hits as well as I remember. In '75 I had a more come to God moment but I suppose the high was in a way comparable in effect.

I had a feeling my self/body had been lost. It was a trip for sure. The better pheno along with doing more than my usual 3 tokes and not having smoked that strain for a good while did the trick it seems. I had not smoked anything for a couple weeks so that helped I am sure. When I am that high it does not allow to be really engaged with the outside world, all is internalized except the ego is lost so even that is sketchy.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
FDM C99...
Sorry, what is FDM again?

...the high kept building until I was 'too high'... feeling disconnected with my body... super speedy... in no way relaxing... that high since I smoked some Hawaiian back in '85,... my self/body had been lost... the ego is lost
Yes, most does sound like what I favor. You may have smoked more before the high from the first 3 hits fully blossomed. I ache for that super potent weed that is so hard to find anymore, but when I use it, I titrate it vey carefully to get my preferred effect.

Perhaps I do select for quality over potency, even with the ones without any couch-lock. It was the cleanest and most positive vibe Bangi Haze I bred, not the two most potent ones I found. I also let go of the first Zamaldelica I grew years ago. That was very potent, but too introspective for my tastes. I guess even when it comes to me, I shouldn't listen to me, I should observe what I do. Hahahaha

Merry Chrismas Ya'll

ThaiBliss

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
FDM = Fleur du Mal Seeds. I have that C99 pheno in flower now but the clone of it is not taking, so gonna clip another branch off. Plant is small as it is but do not want to lose the genetics over a harvesting a few more buds.

I suspect what I experienced at the peak is somewhat like catatonic schizophrenics feel? Locked down mentally and physically and detached from normal emotion or reactions to the outside world. Internalized but without much in there, so to speak. I could reason a bit and did move around some, but it was an effort.

therevverend

Veteran
I got that effect after I quit smoking for 3 or 4 years. It was too intense, it took me quite a while to build my way back to enjoying smoking the way I used to.

I'm dreaming of moving to Hawaii.

Funny that's exactly what I was going to suggest. Glad you're looking at the microclimate, a lot of Hawaii is too wet without green or hoop houses. I've been hearing the medical grow opportunities are opening up. I think you'd be fine starting in March with most of your strains already leaning towards the long season tropical. If something Autos oh well, you have early smoke and it wasn't cut out for the islands. The only worry might be males, flowering at weird times but after two seasons I'm sure you'll have it down.

If I start plants indoors and put them out in spring, they flower right away because of the drastic change in hours of darkness. But if I start them outside in a greenhouse under natural light only, they will veg until mid summer. As long as the amount of nighttime hours are steadily decreasing from a few days of initial sprouting, they will not flower even though there is only 9 to 10 hours of daylight when I plant in February or March.

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion of this around here. There's so many benefits to starting early on the West Coast I'm surprised people start in April and May. I'd start in late February if my weather wasn't so cold, usually I'm planting right around the spring solstice. As early as I possibly can. Besides the size and yield, the early sexing is the biggest benefit. If you start early enough almost all your females and some of your males will show by mid June.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Funny that's exactly what I was going to suggest. Glad you're looking at the microclimate, a lot of Hawaii is too wet without green or hoop houses.

There's so many benefits to starting early on the West Coast I'm surprised people start in April and May. I'd start in late February if my weather wasn't so cold, usually I'm planting right around the spring solstice. As early as I possibly can. Besides the size and yield, the early sexing is the biggest benefit. If you start early enough almost all your females and some of your males will show by mid June.
I'm looking for cool and dry as possible without frost. Luckily, the best area is an area I've visited and like. My local line would be at a disadvantage since flowering and ripening would occur at a time of year that is not the driest. Laos or Thai crossed to my line would be better. Ideally, I'd also want to keep the Laos and Thai pure if I moved there.

If I'm "on it", late February is ideal for starting seeds in my current location since I have a primitive greenhouse. The biggest benefit is the having the plants sexed by the first week of May. My genetics are most certainly bred for early showing of gender since I often cull plants that haven't shown gender by then. I get about a 2 month head start on size, then lose about 3 weeks from transplant shock. If I could reduce transplant shock more, the plants would get really big. It seems some years I do better than others.

ThaiBliss

LostTribe

Premium user
It had been a month or more since I had toked some FDM C99, so I rolled a small joint of my favorite pheno tonight. Took 3 hits and went to do some exercise. I felt I needed a bit more high after 30 minutes so took another 3 hits.

The first high was good but a little underwhelming, so I expected the last 3 hits would just do about right. Instead, the high kept building until I was 'too high'. Brain freeze and feeling disconnected with my body.

I was really glad for the high to mellow out after 45 minutes or so after toking the last 3 hits, it was super intense. Feeling was trippy for sure but not that enjoyable I guess. I think it was the kind of high ThaiBliss favors, super speedy to the point of being unable to do anything but hang on to your chair.

Brain going so fast there is barely time for thoughts as such or connection to your body. Acceleration to the point that it gave couchlock but in no way relaxing. I have not been that high since I smoked some Hawaiian back in '85, which was about 6 hits as well as I remember. In '75 I had a more come to God moment but I suppose the high was in a way comparable in effect.

I had a feeling my self/body had been lost. It was a trip for sure. The better pheno along with doing more than my usual 3 tokes and not having smoked that strain for a good while did the trick it seems. I had not smoked anything for a couple weeks so that helped I am sure. When I am that high it does not allow to be really engaged with the outside world, all is internalized except the ego is lost so even that is sketchy.

My lost cut of c99 found in a few packs of fdm definitely has the ability to melt your face. I stopped smoking it for 1 day then first thing the day after I smoked 2 small bowls, I normally smoke 1 small bowl at a time. Well smoking 2 bowls of this is not recommended it again made me high a kite to the point I felt the fear and was so soaring high that I didn't feel well. It also gives me high anxiety if I smoke this much.

It also smells awesome like a sweet ripe tropical fruit with a little spicy haze mixed in and finishes in about 8 weeks. Easy growing, easy cloning with a decent yield too. I hope to keep this one around.

Lost C99
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Best
LT

Crazy Chester

Beautiful, LostTribe! That's what C99 should look like and smoke like. I used to get blasted on two small bowls worth of my old clone - actually, an equivalent amount in the form of half a joint (because it would always be too gummed up to get it to hit again).

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those sexy buds LostTribe! The taste and smoothness of the smoke is such that you can overindulge easily.

I want to make clear, even though the high was overwhelming and not entirely fun, it was worth it. Getting outside myself in that way is really something I need once in a while. Not a casual daily or weekly high, but one that I would prepare for and not often either.

In the future I will try to get out into nature and see if that enhances the spiritual effect.

LostTribe

Premium user
FDM = Fleur du Mal Seeds. I have that C99 pheno in flower now but the clone of it is not taking, so gonna clip another branch off. Plant is small as it is but do not want to lose the genetics over a harvesting a few more buds.

I suspect what I experienced at the peak is somewhat like catatonic schizophrenics feel? Locked down mentally and physically and detached from normal emotion or reactions to the outside world. Internalized but without much in there, so to speak. I could reason a bit and did move around some, but it was an effort.

The keeper I have clones quicker and grows easier than anything else I have run in a while. First to root in about a week. Forms a nice bush on its own and doesn't need topping really. Does need support after the 40 day flop, classic Cindy.

Not sure I will keep the grapefruit its not nearly as potent. Classic Cindy should be a thrill ride IMHO. Some might need a bit to learn to fly that way more often. It can get right on top of you, and then your in it for the duration, no way out.

This one is like a 58 day Haze with the pedal to the metal and a bit of the dark side.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
You guys are making that C99 sound really good to me. Your pictures look really good also. I have some Colombian Gold x C99 that I should try. Hopefully, they were made from a good C99. I've tried a couple of cuts from C99, and I didn't like either of them. There are too many good reports of special phenos to ignore.

Seeds are not developing from my Laos and Thai pollen. It could be that there isn't enough light and warmth. I preserved a couple of packets of pollen, so I get another crack at it this late summer. I did get some seeds to ripen on the Zamaldelica from the SAGE-ified Bangi Bangi Wicked Weed male. I'll give those a go this summer.

Down to one Baglung Nepali plant in the house. I'll keep it alive if I can. It was dusted with pollen. Perhaps if conditions improve, fertilized embryos will develop. I've never seen or heard it, but you never know. Those genes are too valuable to give up. I still have cuttings of the Laos and Thai, so flowering indoors is a last resort. The two Laos plants in the greenhouse are still alive. It will be interesting to see if they survive through the winter. Perhaps I'll build a small light dep mini greenhouse will be worth the effort.

M

Mr D

You guys are making that C99 sound really good to me. Your pictures look really good also. I have some Colombian Gold x C99 that I should try. Hopefully, they were made from a good C99. I've tried a couple of cuts from C99, and I didn't like either of them. There are too many good reports of special phenos to ignore.

The unvarnished reports from original C99 growers ranged from, it's my personal grail strain to this shit doesn't even get me high and everything in between.

As someone who smoked Princess, grew original C99 and had my old handle attached to an infamous C99 cut. My personal take is that the original was a fast flowering, low odor strain with a sativa buzz. Very speedy and paranoia inducing for some. I would not consider it trippy or on par with late 90's Neville's Haze or the original Vietnamese Black from anon.

Comparing Princess and her sister Genius, princess had some rotten meat hazey terps while Genius is more Skunk #1 dominant. genius's skunky funky terps came out in Apollo 13 (Genius x C88). Apollo 11 (Genius x C99) was more of floaty get lost in your own thoughts kind of high that i would consider closer to trippy. C99 was like you just downed 2 Red Bulls or 6 cups of coffee.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i have never grown c99... but over the years guys have raved about it... but how can a 'sativa' (or leaning) be harvested in 50/55/60days??? - i have grown a number of sativa's, and some of em we have picked at 150days... and still could have gone longer -

M

Mr D

i have never grown c99... but over the years guys have raved about it... but how can a 'sativa' (or leaning) be harvested in 50/55/60days??? - i have grown a number of sativa's, and some of em we have picked at 150days... and still could have gone longer -

It's a hybrid with a sativa type buzz, not really unique.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I'm a really picky cantankerous old fart. I can't believe how many times I've been disappointed with what others rave about. But, it would be a mistake to judge genetics based on how fast or early a plant ripens. One of the best plants I've had in my possession ripened in 5 to 6 weeks. I'd put that weed up against any I've found in the last 20 years except the special Neville's Haze freak pheno I grew. It was on the top 5% of any I've smoked in 51 years. Most people don't even believe the 5 week from flip to cut elapsed time. If I had to give up everything for a cut of that, I'd think real hard. And I'm very proud of my line that I've been developing for 30+ years. I'm also fairly confident of the Laos and Thai genetics I have. Thai and the Neville's Haze freak is the top 1%. In all honesty, the difference between the top 5% and the 1% is stark, but the difficulty of growing Thai and that Neville's freak is almost as extreme as the high. That 5 week cut I had was easy-peasy. It was killer every time I grew it. It's genetics might be more valuable because of the ease. Then again, since having smoked the best 1%, it has haunted me forever.

The way I look at it, if the best C99, or better yet the Apollo, is a good breeder, it can be useful in taming something like the pure Thai. It's what I've been doing again and again with my long term breeding. How is something early AND top 5% ever going to pop out for us unless we keep trying. Right? I've seen it before, a handful of times. Rarer than a 5 leaf clover, but it makes the search fun.

ThaiBliss

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I almost felt guilty putting C99 into Trip Weed category as I know it is not thought of as such and being such a easy grow with the indica in it. I gotta call em as I see them though.

It is not very trippy in regular dose or has not been for me. Any sativa type high is a bit trippy, for me anyways. Not trying to yank anyone's chain and have them run out and buy FDM C99, but it was hell of an experience and I felt like sharing.

I have not smoked it in ages but Ken's GDP was trippy for me at times. No one else seems to agree. Not every time but quite often, tolerance likely at work again. Sleepy indica is the description but for me it was mellow, dreamy and balanced with with a trippy effect at times.

M

Mr D

Greetings,

I'm a really picky cantankerous old fart. I can't believe how many times I've been disappointed with what others rave about. But, it would be a mistake to judge genetics based on how fast or early a plant ripens. One of the best plants I've had in my possession ripened in 5 to 6 weeks. I'd put that weed up against any I've found in the last 20 years except the special Neville's Haze freak pheno I grew. It was on the top 5% of any I've smoked in 51 years. Most people don't even believe the 5 week from flip to cut elapsed time. If I had to give up everything for a cut of that, I'd think real hard. And I'm very proud of my line that I've been developing for 30+ years. I'm also fairly confident of the Laos and Thai genetics I have. Thai and the Neville's Haze freak is the top 1%. In all honesty, the difference between the top 5% and the 1% is stark, but the difficulty of growing Thai and that Neville's freak is almost as extreme as the high. That 5 week cut I had was easy-peasy. It was killer every time I grew it. It's genetics might be more valuable because of the ease. Then again, since having smoked the best 1%, it has haunted me forever.

The way I look at it, if the best C99, or better yet the Apollo, is a good breeder, it can be useful in taming something like the pure Thai. It's what I've been doing again and again with my long term breeding. How is something early AND top 5% ever going to pop out for us unless we keep trying. Right? I've seen it before, a handful of times. Rarer than a 5 leaf clover, but it makes the search fun.

ThaiBliss

Based on my experience with the 1999 version of the Flying Dutchman's pure Thai and Genius.

Genius x Thai has a very good chance of producing the progeny you are after.

If you are in the states I'll gladly share some Genius cuts with you to further your work trying to tame your Thai for indoor gardening.

pinkus

Veteran
I ran c99 and C99xs for a few years when I got back into growing and mostly got away from it because of "the flop", and the fact that I wanted to play with more old school genetics.

I will say that c99 is one of the "rushiest" lines that I have worked with, having full on sit down or risk falling down moments.