What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

SolarLogos

OTH

OTH

As i get older I am beginning to question everyone and everything
When I was a teenager, my grandpa told me, don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. I didn't understand it until I got older, then it made sense, especially if you watch the news.:tiphat:
Since this is the STW thread, here is my purple OTH. A small branch on each had broken, so I dried them and gave them a try, one of them with an old buddy of mine. We both felt it was more potent than any of the sativa I grew this year and that was quite a few. The most potent of the two purple haze is the #4, which is not as developed as the others, will probably finish in January. Here they are in the greenhouse. I had to transplant into the ground and tie them over to fit. The girl on the left measured just over 13 feet from surface.

I'm surprised that she had more potent high than #1 which looks to finish a lot earlier.

SL

Goodherb

Solar logo, if i may.#4 purple oth should be ideal cross for purple satellite.
The potency will be maintain,at the same time,the purple satellite,will shorten the oth some.
I believed you already think of it!?

SolarLogos

Solar logo, if i may.#4 purple oth should be ideal cross for purple satellite.
The potency will be maintain,at the same time,the purple satellite,will shorten the oth some.
I believed you already think of it!?
Yes, in fact Vermontman had suggested the cross. I kept some PS reversed pollen in freeze and put an OTH clone in flower. I wanted to wait to see which OTH would be the better for the cross.

Let you know when seeds are ready if you want to try them, I doubt I will have time for a while.
Peace, God bless

i practically wrote the book on growing in the tropics , so dont even start boy ....

dont come at me again with your bullshit , like i said i m old and i dont tolerate fools ....

Apparently not if you can't wrap your head around the fact people have been flowering cannabis year round in Hawaii for decades. If you're not willing to do the research beyond what I tell you just shut the fuck up because you obviously don't really even care.
:wave:

This whipper snapper has been working on some old school style buddha sticks. I've been using the airy lower buds of my early fall Golden Tiger harvests. The buds don't form as dense around that time of the year so it's perfect for making these. For the "sweat" process I pick fresh leaves and put them in tupperware along with the loose buds for several hours which allows me to form it on the stick easier.

Attachments

• 20191205_024429.jpg
    20191205_024429.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20191205_024708.jpg
    20191205_024708.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 27
Since this is the STW thread, here is my purple OTH. A small branch on each had broken, so I dried them and gave them a try, one of them with an old buddy of mine. We both felt it was more potent than any of the sativa I grew this year and that was quite a few. The most potent of the two purple haze is the #4, which is not as developed as the others, will probably finish in January. Here they are in the greenhouse. I had to transplant into the ground and tie them over to fit. The girl on the left measured just over 13 feet from surface.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79757&pictureid=1993623&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79757&pictureid=1993625&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79757&pictureid=1993626&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

I'm surprised that she had more potent high than #1 which looks to finish a lot earlier.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79757&pictureid=1993624&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
SL
Awesome plants man. Is this Ace's OTH?

SolarLogos

Awesome plants man. Is this Ace's OTH?
Greetings The Witchdoctor,
Thank you friend.Yes they are. Out of 5 seeds, I got 3 males and 2 females. Pretty good luck considering both females turned out to be purple haze and of the 3 males, I have a green, a lime green and purple. Kept all the clones. The lime green will pollinate my Colombian Gold.:tiphat:
Peace, God bless

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Apparently not if you can't wrap your head around the fact people have been flowering cannabis year round in Hawaii for decades. If you're not willing to do the research beyond what I tell you just shut the fuck up because you obviously don't really even care.
:wave:
so have i man ,(been growing in the tropics for decades)

and im not really interested in arguing with a smart ass young person that wont listen and tries to tell someone with close on 40 years experience they dont know what they are doing ,
because your very wrong my friend and to myself and others in the tropics that read these boards you just look stupid ...

your barely even in the tropics at 20 degrees , you sit on the border of it just about ,
what i dont care about is folks trying to tell those that have lived and breathed it , how to do it ,, forget that buddy , your out of your league ....

just quit ok , im not interested in your bullshit or messing up a thread due to your ego ....

this is about trip weed ,
if u have some post it and stop the chest beating and arguing ..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
As i get older I am beginning to question everyone and everything
i think it pays to do that man ,
since we never really know everything ,
well unless we are younger , then we do until we find out we actually didnt ,, lol ...

i still learn something every grow ,
and when i communicate with other experienced tropical growers ,
it never stops ..

the weather has changed a little here the last few years , so theres been a slight learning curve again for myself and the other guys in the area ,
storms are late , and the monsoon goes on forever when it eventually comes , takes a little more planning and adjusting to get the best from what we do ..

somethings like a few in the picture below i dont bother to try and grow until the season is right ,,

not all varieties can be grown twice a year in the tropics ,, some you only get one chance with ,
just have to make the most of it , thats not to say you cant start more slightly later at that time of year , its quite doable ,
just trying to grow them in the winter/spring is a waste as they will never mature properly ,
well unless your at 20 degrees in hawaii , everything is doable there ... lol lol ...

these are mostly sour zamal , quite strong , trip ,, well maybe if your tolerance is down , its strong , but not all that trippy,

and to the right laos mango , which im betting on a first try it could make u trip out a bit ...

picture.php

SolarLogos

i think it pays to do that man ,
since we never really know everything ,
well unless we are younger , then we do until we find out we actually didnt ,, lol ...

i still learn something every grow ,
and when i communicate with other experienced tropical growers ,
it never stops ..

the weather has changed a little here the last few years , so theres been a slight learning curve again for myself and the other guys in the area ,
storms are late , and the monsoon goes on forever when it eventually comes , takes a little more planning and adjusting to get the best from what we do ..

somethings like a few in the picture below i dont bother to try and grow until the season is right ,,

not all varieties can be grown twice a year in the tropics ,, some you only get one chance with ,
just have to make the most of it , thats not to say you cant start more slightly later at that time of year , its quite doable ,
just trying to grow them in the winter/spring is a waste as they will never mature properly ,
well unless your at 20 degrees in hawaii , everything is doable there ... lol lol ...

these are mostly sour zamal , quite strong , trip ,, well maybe if your tolerance is down , its strong , but not all that trippy,

and to the right laos mango , which im betting on a first try it could make u trip out a bit ...

View Image

Wow, that is a stunning picture! I could get lost in that jungle. Very fine skills my friend, your experience and passion show in your work.:tiphat:
Peace, God bless

so have i man ,(been growing in the tropics for decades)

and im not really interested in arguing with a smart ass young person that wont listen and tries to tell someone with close on 40 years experience they dont know what they are doing ,
because your very wrong my friend and to myself and others in the tropics that read these boards you just look stupid ...
Funny thing is I never once said you don't know what you're doing. I've basically been answering questions you've been asking me. For whatever reason you've doubted me so I suggested other sources to research and you came back at me high and mighty like you know it all and are too good for that.

It's all good if you choose not to believe, there's no hard feelings and I apologize if I offended you.

Cheers

It's actually the opposite here in Hawaii for me so far. The sativas thrive better in late fall through early spring and struggle to bloom in the late spring through early fall. The hybrids and indicas do okay during the summer but take a little longer to finish and aren't quite as dense.

Crazy Chester

Greetings The Witchdoctor,
Thank you friend.Yes they are. Out of 5 seeds, I got 3 males and 2 females. Pretty good luck considering both females turned out to be purple haze and of the 3 males, I have a green, a lime green and purple. Kept all the clones. The lime green will pollinate my Colombian Gold.:tiphat:
Peace, God bless

Woah, wait a minute - you have Columbian Gold?! :tiphat:

That was the first dime bag I ever bought (in 1982) - then, it just disappeared!

It's actually the opposite here in Hawaii for me so far. The sativas thrive better in late fall through early spring and struggle to bloom in the late spring through early fall. The hybrids and indicas do okay during the summer but take a little longer to finish and aren't quite as dense.

Here's an interesting photo I took last summer comparing 2 different Golden Tiger harvests. The sample on the left was harvested early in June at 9 weeks flower. The sample on the right is Golden Tiger harvested in March at 7 weeks. Pretty clear difference and shows how sativas haven't flowered nearly as aggressive for me in the late spring/summer compared to winter/early spring. Funny thing is the effects of the sample on the left were more uplifting and trippy.

Attachments

• 20191206_110900.jpg
    20191206_110900.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 31

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Funny thing is I never once said you don't know what you're doing. I've basically been answering questions you've been asking me. For whatever reason you've doubted me so I suggested other sources to research and you came back at me high and mighty like you know it all and are too good for that.

It's all good if you choose not to believe, there's no hard feelings and I apologize if I offended you.

Cheers
i just have trouble with inaccurate information man ,
you said you can flower anything all year ,
which obviously you cant , nor can anyone in the tropics ,

you also said somethings you can harvest in half the time of everyone else , which plainly isnt correct either ,
be careful when you make such outrageous statements man ,
if they are so outrageous someone will notice and pull you up on it , as i did and rightly so ,, it spreads inaccurate information ...

im well aware in the tropics some things will always flower no matter the time of year,
but pure sativas dont and wont ,
so i felt i needed to correct you ,

and you were the smart ass telling me i needed to do more research ,, ive done it over and over and over ,
so when someone says do more and they havent done as much clearly , one feels the need to tell them to stfu ,

you didnt offend me , you just annoyed me by being a smart ass and not taking into account some folks have done the hard yards well before you , and in fact you could learn something from them if you take the time to listen without jumping to conclusions about what they have or have not done ...

carry on please ...

i just have trouble with inaccurate information man ,
you said you can flower anything all year ,
which obviously you cant , nor can anyone in the tropics ,

You should go back and re read my first posts here. I said 95% of strains will flower year round, the few that won't will be some pure sativas. I also mentioned I have a pure sativa that DOESN'T flower during the summer.

As far as the Golden Tiger flower time... I DIDN'T say I can get it to finish in half the time as everyone else. I said this specific cut I have takes half the time to finish in the short season compared to the long season where I'm at. I posted harvested flower shots to see the difference. If you would like I can post weekly photos of my Golden Tiger that is in bloom right now just so you can see how fast it flowers during this time of the year.

you didnt offend me , you just annoyed me by being a smart ass and not taking into account some folks have done the hard yards well before you , and in fact you could learn something from them if you take the time to listen without jumping to conclusions about what they have or have not done ...

carry on please ...

There were no jumping to conclusions from me, maybe you?

I am as open minded as they come and am willing learn from anyone and everyone else that has a humble open minded approach. Unfortunately I'm not seeing that from you.

romanoweed

Yes , why not post weekly Pictures, probabl in a fiiting thread (in case the shorterflowering is not very trippy) .

And that is my next Question: how much less trippy you rate the shorterflowering golden tiger? Looks like alot less, like one third less trippy? in that case this sadly would make it anyway less interesting. Since the Interesse from me lays in: more trip in less norther Climates.

Yes , why not post weekly Pictures, probabl in a fiiting thread (in case the shorterflowering is not very trippy) .

And that is my next Question: how much less trippy you rate the shorterflowering golden tiger? Looks like alot less, like one third less trippy? in that case this sadly would make it anyway less interesting. Since the Interesse from me lays in: more trip in less norther Climates.

Will do my friend, I'll take some shots and post them in a bit.

The thing about the short season version is that there is a much smaller harvest window to get that effect. I've tried to see how long I could push it and the later it goes, the more sedating/sleepy it feels. Which kinda makes me wonder if the reason we normally experience such uplifting effects from sativas is because they are never able to truly finish without the perfect environment, which can be very hard to achieve in most cases.

Latest posts

Latest posts