What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

romanoweed

But not only you, no the first Place where they talked about Gas-Laterene Tech, they mention Plants tending to Autoflower, aswell as Flower troughout 16 Daylightcycle, so this is what i read...

I cant discuss with you whether THAT is the Reason for faster finishing Flowers, i can say it matches up in Overall with your Observations tho (changed growfeatures, like more stocky Growth/finish-savety-Modus ) in a theoretical-Idea-Way .

If you follow my thought Idea about a finish-savety-Modus caused by Latern-Tech . It in the End i can imagine anyway a savety Modus behind that Behaviour, this is the only way i heard People shortening Flowering. Namely trough Rootbound, or absense of any watering/dryphase.

Just Theories, i dont wanna Claim to know it. Allright

Link: https://www.growbarato.net/blog/en/the-glr-technique/

But not only you, no the first Place where they talked about Gas-Laterene Tech, they mention Plants tending to Autoflower, aswell as Flower troughout 16 Daylightcycle, so this is what i read...

Cannabis generally does not flower under 16 hours of light unless it's an auto flower strain. However you are more likely to see preflowers as the plants mature and get bigger which is what the article is referring to. If cannabis was able to flower during 16 hours of light there would be no veg period on the mainland, which we know isn't true. In California May-July is generally your veg period and plants start to bloom in August as the days get shorter.

romanoweed

In marocco (31Latitude) their TRUE Landrace is flowering from May during Summer till August cause of extreme dryness. Not 16 Hours? I think at 21 Juni we are somewhere there. Atleast People tell it.

Morrocan genetics are known for having auto flowering tendencies though. I used to grow Purple Moroc in California because it was one of the only strains I could veg plants that were over 6 feet tall but flower in July.

romanoweed

I give you right, and i forgot Abit that the Marrocan Landrace has Anchestry in Hemp and Syrian Genetics. Probably Hemp brought in Autoflower-Tendencies, but most Plants start exact with the Dryphase, so.. My theroy is not gone for now.

I think that Topic fits probably into my Thread.. If anyone managed to bring Equatorial Plants to flower while Long Days, please write it in my Thread or others: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=360394&page=19

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I should also mention it's kinda incredible most strains flower year round here. During the summer solstice we get around 14 hours of daylight, so somehow they are able to flower on a 14-10 lighting cycle. Hybrids and indicas generally take 8-10 weeks to finish during this period.
you must be doing something different ,
our longest day is only 13 hours and nearly all varieties we grow will veg during those long days , particularly when rain is added to the equation ,it happens even faster and before reaching our longest days ...

we grow a mix of hybrids likely similar to what you guys have ..

this year is sliightly different given no rain has fallen and most things are still flowering , but any old moment they will reshoot ,

we are not at our longest day yet ..

you must be doing something different ,
our longest day is only 13 hours and nearly all varieties we grow will veg during those long days , particularly when rain is added to the equation ,it happens even faster and before reaching our longest days

No this actually is just how it is here. 95% of strains will flower year round for anyone even when we get close to 14 hours of light a day. I can't explain it, just like I can't fully explain why my Golden Tiger takes less than half the time finish during the short season. I'm not complaining though lol. I think I'm in the best place in the world to grow outside. I attached the sunrise/sunset times for this years solstice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191204-133055_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191204-133055_Chrome.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 21

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
must be the varieties or something your doing because im closer to the equator than you and its not happening for me , not just me , no one here ,
we are at the same lat as jamaica ,16 to 17 degrees south of the equator ,

also ive have found as you i can shave some time off quite a few varieties in my location as far as flowering goes , but halve it , na not happening ,, 2 weeks maybe ,
and in the case of the pure sativas we can shave some time off there ,
maximum is 16 weeks for the most difficult ,, and no way are they going to finish in the "short season , aka dry season "

but im betting what happens here is slightly extended where you are given you have to be further from the equator than me with 14 hour days ..

what is your latitude and how long have you been experimenting in your location ??

Latitude is 20.896769º.
I've been growing here a year and a half. My dad has been growing here 7 years. If you don't believe cannabis flowers year outdoors round all over Hawaii I suggest you do a little.more research. They tall about it a bit on the Maui addition of the Adam Dunn show.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hehehe ,
its ok i dont need to reseach growing in the tropics ,
but thanks man ,
just some things you have said dont quite sound right to me ,
and ive been doing it most of my life , im old ...

but ill just leave it at that as i dont wanna offend you or mess up the thread ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
And that explains it. Reminds me a lot of when I worked in dispensaries in California. Occasionally we would deal with old cannabis users stuck in their own preconceived notions, incapable of thinking outside the box or taking the time to understand something new and different.
come to the real tropical jungle one day boy and ill show u how to grow weed in the tropics ,
and stop being such a silly upstart whipper snapper man ,
i practically wrote the book on growing in the tropics , so dont even start boy ....

dont come at me again with your bullshit , like i said i m old and i dont tolerate fools ....

Im'One

come to the real tropical jungle one day boy and ill show u how to grow weed in the tropics ,
i practically wrote the book on growing in the tropics , so dont even start boy ....

dont come at me again with your bullshit , like i said i m old and i dont tolerate fools ....

Whats really cute are the 17 year olds education us in weed.
Such as 'males don't have thc'
'the weed now is tronger than in the 60s,'
'i have the real road kill skunk'
'i grew an eight week flowering pure sativa's
It goes on and on and they find it all in the Internet

SolarLogos

Enjoy reading your posts very much DM. I don't know about age, but there is no doubt about your knowledge and experience my friend.:tiphat:
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Whats really cute are the 17 year olds education us in weed.
Such as 'males don't have thc'
'the weed now is tronger than in the 60s,'
'i have the real road kill skunk'
'i grew an eight week flowering pure sativa's
It goes on and on and they find it all in the Internet
They aren't too hard to spot are they Im one, at least not for us old guys.
SL