What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

harvestreaper

Veteran
Harvestreaper

i didnt expect that you would call it something like : pretty strong Sativa. I shure believe you that its not just hemp. But i wanna inform People, i ever heard at multiple Places that These Seedseller is fake. But probably People say something they just read.. It may also be that they really sold Hemp once, (thats what the People reportet) but after all that bad Reports everyhere they probably decided to sell some atleast related Genetics. I Kind of doubt this is 303, but actually the Taste Description sonds Kind of legit. I also read there is some assumed Indicagenetic in the 303 in their Descripition. hä? Yeah but not that amount of Indica, no?

.. yours look pretty fat. Actually it doesent look that Hybridisized, rather Landraceish.. Kind of Indian probably?
And i dont recall real 303s would flower only assumed 12 Weeks, right?

I did a Gamble this Year myselve, and i decided that it isnt, what it sounded to me when i read Description. I made seeds, but i dont Need them nomore

im old enough to remember when there was just a handfull of seedbanks i also remember many stories of lost genetics loss of quality most of these stories coincided with an explosion of new seed companies springing up so i naturlly took these claims with a pinch of salt two well knowns that i looked into was ss nl5 x haze and seruis ak47 and the rumours were true i had the original haze5 and the more modern releases are not on same level altho found a few nice phenos ,i heard bad things a bout ak47 i had grown many of them prevuisly so myself a friend bought and ran 40 straight from seruis and not one was the same as the ak47 i had it was like it had been crossed to critical mass or something an for me thats the only way to find out is check yourself unless its someone you trust online talk can be valueless getting back to the 303 i always thought the right up was exagerated,, has anyone agreed with the write up ???i dont know of its pure or crossed to hemp as you say its supposed to carry indica genes which confusees me more and this is just one pheno grown poorly it was much better than i expected but not profound i seek sativas that will scare me but none seem to be able to do it once or twice in my whole life a sativa has humbled me an i want it again lol i had hoped i could at least prove something in this case but for me im still not sure,,,am i right in thinking you tried them also, what did you see ??

romanoweed

No, i tried another strain. It sounded like they sell Thai Landrace. But im pretti shure ist just Thai x Skunk, or Thai x Haze.. Im quiet shure ist not pure. Its still good to Google the Site you are unsure, yes but stil remain critical.. Sometimes the only People bothering to write a Seedba Review are the ones who are unhappy. And all the happy ones, have no Intention to write about. I think real 303 should scare you enough, ok think of pheno but.. i also want that Kind of weed. yeah could be 50 Percent outcross.. Like suposedly mine. Will be hard to impress one if its only 50 Percent Tripweed. Mine 50 Percent Thai have an interesting Flash, ok Flash, colorfull, but just not as hard untamed like real Tripweed i once had. Ok, but not nice, or more. Much more confusing /uncdecided than pure Thai Landrace

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
No, i tried another strain. It sounded like they sell Thai Landrace. But im pretti shure ist just Thai x Skunk, or Thai x Haze.. Im quiet shure ist not pure. Its still good to Google the Site you are unsure, yes but stil remain critical.. Sometimes the only People bothering to write a Seedba Review are the ones who are unhappy. And all the happy ones, have no Intention to write about. I think real 303 should scare you enough, ok think of pheno but.. i also want that Kind of weed. yeah could be 50 Percent outcross.. Like suposedly mine. Will be hard to impress one if its only 50 Percent Tripweed. Mine 50 Percent Thai have an interesting Flash, ok Flash, colorfull, but just not as hard untamed like real Tripweed i once had. Ok, but not nice, or more. Much more confusing /uncdecided than pure Thai Landrace

they had about 4000 packs in stock so id expect some variation outta 40,000 seeds even if legit, f2s or totally fake , im gonna try do the last few beans inside because it was not in a good spot so i know the pheno that was ok coulda been lot better a few points that are quite coincidental they had similar spikey upward facing leaves like some of the nanan bouclou showed and that ive seen on png weed pics <also little hazy looking> and there was no dump or drop off from the high typical of sat /indi hybrids also has an almost hazey aroma wen you walk back in a room youve smoked in ,,that thai dont sound to good ive personally never had a good bit strongest ive had i would call trancey but nothing like other people have had ,,had much better skunk thai ,,thai haze etc so my point is if it was average maybe it is legit as there was a lot of mediocre thai around the 303 on other hand should not take to many packs to find out if its real with the profound effects advertised unless the smoke report came from a first timer lol

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I posted in my other trip weed thread, and I think it should go here also:

picture.php

Hi ThaiBliss,

The buds of your Zamaldelica harvested branch really have the unmistakable Thai structure, slightly more dense than a pure thai, yet very very Thai/SE asian.

Usually those kind of Zamaldelica Zamal/Thai phenos from the regular release are not so floral or mango carrot, those phenos usually carry the Zamal woody and Thai spicy/peppery terpenes,
they are usually very electric in effect ;)

A cross between Zamaldelica of your taste and Baglung Nepalese would produce a very interesting early flowering sativa hybrid for your cold outdoor conditions.
Yes, like the one of two successful Thai grows I've ever had (so sad), my first indoor grow with HID lamps back in '82 with the seeds from the last batch of Thai and the only one that wasn't on a stick and heavily seeded, the buds have almost no stacking.

Those plants from back in '82 looked like this Gypsy Thai Stick cross:
picture.php

The aroma of the plant in the picture is very much like the Thai from back in the day. If this Zamaldelica shows even a hint of the magic I'm looking for, these genetics are on a collision course. If things work out, Zamaldelica by way of my SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked weed, and the Gypsy Thai Stick cross by way of Baglung Nepali.

Another possibility could be a direct pollination of Zamaldelica by the Gypsy Thai Stick because both are flowering right now. This would be 2 steps back in ripening of Zamaldelica, one step forward in ripening of Gypsy Thai Stick depending on perspective. Unfortunately, I've only got so many summers left in my life. This means chance plays a bigger and bigger part of where things can go as every year ticks away.

My goal is early flowering Thai, the most consistently trippy weed in my life.

Dubi - Thanks for your part in this quest. Other people's successful Thai crosses have been invaluable. I've been searching these out and using them for decades.

Zamaldelica:
picture.php

ThaiBliss

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I cant help, even I didnt grow pure laos, but that cross, I grew, show many mekong phenotypes, we all heard about. juicy fruit thai, the most lanky phenotype I got, went 17 weeks here. than more compact golden one, truly trippy weed I reported already in this thread. mango thai. red thai blissful meditative midbrain stimulation with very serotonin feeling :D its jewel genetics. lotus genetics.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I might have some Mango Thai seeds coming to me. Can anyone speak to what that will hold in terms of trips?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Maha Kala - Great to hear good reports about the Laos.

It's very difficult for me to test or make seeds. All three Laos plants are heavily damaged by frost. It's been an unusually cold and dry autumn so far. Two plants still have not even shown gender. I'm hoping I have some pollen drop and receptive pistils if they do. At this point it looks unlikely. More likely to have Gypsy Thai Stick cross pollen. Hopefully there will be enough to preserve for next summer's pistils.

I'm definitely a believer in these genetics. I didn't understand how much later flowering and more susceptible to frost the Loas is compared to the Thai. I thought Thai was the hardest Cannabis strain to grow.

ThaiBliss

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I didnt realize they would take that long out of their zone either tb ,
not even show sex by now is amazing ,

i think bushy said the male he had was extremely late flowering also ,

here they were pretty standard for a tropical sativa ,, though the first run from seed took around 16 weeks flowering , which is about as long as they ever take ,
no such thing as a 20 plus week flowering variety here , 16 is about as extreme as they get ...

from seed to harvest planted just after the longest day , is only 26 weeks including the flowering ...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
tropical plants dont like cold.. only tropical plants which can continue to flower when its cold is original haze. oldtimer haze hates cold.. thats why I stick with OH. guys tell me, you know, this jamaican is spectacular and this zamal is high grade, but I know I would never take it to highest quality here, due to cold. with maos I had luck, that it was by far the most warm autumn ever... and of course I light dep it and grew in greenhouse.

Breadwizard

Smoke report on Zamaldelica 'A' pheno, chopped a few months ago. Lightly seeded with Bangi Haze male (most seeds ended up looking immature, unfortunately)

Aroma when breaking up is slightly carrot, or other sweet root vegetable. Not quite real fruity, more like the "blue raspberry" chewable sweet tarts.

Smoked in a joint, kinda raw, not much taste, but not rough. Little carrot carried through to the exhale.

Ay first seemed like a let down, just a slight head high, but 15 mins after smoking became very visual. Lots of proportion distortion, things looked "off" and trippy/exaggerated/vibrant for about a half hour. High settled into a happy uplifting mood for another couple of hours.

Unfortunately I lost this pheno, as the graft didn't take on my mother plant, and I probably got less than 10 seeds fully developed, as timing with pollen was less than ideal. This one had larger calexes and frosted up earlier, but produced far less than the other kept female from the line.

I did get a good amount of Zamaldelica F2 seeds from this plant earlier as well though, so I'll have some to dig through if it turns out I like it better than pheno 'B' which hasn't been properly tested (I'll do that later this week).

I'm stoked to drop these Zamaldelica x Bangi seeds, as I only have a few, but they'll have to wait until I get to them in my planned rotation. Next up is a zam cross for the wife (CBD strain x Zamaldelica for an experiment) and the Zapotec from norstar (Santa Marta Gold x Highland Oaxaca Gold 81)

Im'One

Smoke report on Zamaldelica 'A' pheno, chopped a few months ago. Lightly seeded with Bangi Haze male (most seeds ended up looking immature, unfortunately)

Aroma when breaking up is slightly carrot, or other sweet root vegetable. Not quite real fruity, more like the "blue raspberry" chewable sweet tarts.

Smoked in a joint, kinda raw, not much taste, but not rough. Little carrot carried through to the exhale.

Ay first seemed like a let down, just a slight head high, but 15 mins after smoking became very visual. Lots of proportion distortion, things looked "off" and trippy/exaggerated/vibrant for about a half hour. High settled into a happy uplifting mood for another couple of hours.

Unfortunately I lost this pheno, as the graft didn't take on my mother plant, and I probably got less than 10 seeds fully developed, as timing with pollen was less than ideal. This one had larger calexes and frosted up earlier, but produced far less than the other kept female from the line.

I did get a good amount of Zamaldelica F2 seeds from this plant earlier as well though, so I'll have some to dig through if it turns out I like it better than pheno 'B' which hasn't been properly tested (I'll do that later this week).

I'm stoked to drop these Zamaldelica x Bangi seeds, as I only have a few, but they'll have to wait until I get to them in my planned rotation. Next up is a zam cross for the wife (CBD strain x Zamaldelica for an experiment) and the Zapotec from norstar (Santa Marta Gold x Highland Oaxaca Gold 81)

I would like to try the Zapotec although I'm leaning towards Golden child? I think it's called...it has the smg plus cheese...

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I didnt realize they would take that long out of their zone either tb, not even show sex by now is amazing, i think bushy said the male he had was extremely late flowering also
Yes, things are not going as well as I hoped. I have no doubt that these are great genetics. The aromas and looks of both the Laos and the Gypsy Thai cross are so reminiscent of the good ol' days. I'm finding it more challenging to arrange the timing of the flowering to make crosses out in my greenhouse than I thought it would be. I'm afraid that an indoor grow is the way to make the initial cross to things I have that I like and are earlier. Not giving up all hope yet. Here is the Gypsy Thai cross I have today:
picture.php

I have a Zamaldelica female flowering. No seeds yet because each plant needs a little more time before they are ripe enough to make viable pollen and pistils. I'm not sure I'll get viable pollen as I'm seeing pollen sacs drop without having dropped pollen. I should know in a couple more weeks.

B.T.W., the Zamaldelica that is starting to flower, a cutting from the one I grew outside in the garden, is going through the phase when it is very citric, as opposed to the peppery aromas later in maturity. It smells so nice right now. It is hard to believe it can be so powerfully citric now, but none even detectable later on.

The Laos has just stalled. I'm not even sure if they are growing at all anymore. There are some pollen sacs on the male, and I'll use them if they open.

The good news is that I'm seeing significant seeds on the Fett's 303. Compared to another Zamaldelica, one that I didn't grow outside, it looks to have more WLD genetics in it. I have a hard time finding seeds on the Zamaldelica, but there seems to be at least a few. It is much more Thai looking as it flowers compared to the Fett's. The seeds on these plants are from the SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked Weed male that pollinated most of my plants this year.

Praying to get some seeds from the Gypsy Thai Stick cross or the Laos. I've come to hate growing indoors. But for these genetics, I'll do it if I have to.

ThaiBliss

J

jaded1

I found a couple of quite trippy plants in Aussie deadhead(nh/mm x cj).1 has a lime,pine smell with some earthy spice,black pepper when broken up.She is the racier of the 2 and can be a bit over-powering for 1st 20 mins but settles down into a nice floaty feeling with some slight visual and hearing distortion.
2nd girl smells of lime,sweet cinnamon/cloves and some pine disinfectant when broken up.She is very much on the trippy side with a ringing/buzzing in ears and quite visual.Has an effect that I cant explain very well where it feels like i'm an accordian getting stretched out when moving and takes a while for rest of me to catch up.
picture.php
picture.php

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

this one nice sweet slight sour,,mild trippy effect like coming up on mushrooms with a happy vibe the full moon looks great ,, its suggesting it will be better after a cure

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Today I put the dry buds in glass jars, in particular the few buds of electric lady(Zamaldelica x destroyer) pheno A,i nicknamed it "The little", as it is the one that remained the smallest, with little production, long flowering ...
Well, i think that, despite the scarce production, it will be powerful, it has that aroma of black pepper and spices, of zamaldelica, mixed with citrus fruits and bitter oranges ...

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Nice looking buds everyone!

Willydread - You are killing me with the description, name, and picture. Nice work!

My Gypsy Thai and Laos seed making is a bust. I think I've found two pollen sacs that look like they dropped. I'm continuing to keep them alive. You never know. Maybe they make it through the winter and drop pollen in the spring.

The good news is that I think I found a couple of seeds on my favorite Zamaldelica. It would have been from the 50% SAGE male. That grandpa is dead now. I didn't keep the cutting but I still have seeds from that generation.

I'm not positive there is a viable seed in there, but I hope it is. All it takes is one, if it is a good cross:
picture.php

I may have 20 seeds or more on my second favorite Zamaldelica. I still have not smoked these. They are favorites based on other phenotypic traits. The ones that remind me of Thai:
picture.php

ThaiBliss

therevverend

Veteran
I'm not surprised by your troubles ThaiBliss. I wish I knew why the SE Asian strains fail so mightily up here. Cannabis is an adaptive plant and other tropical types at least struggle along, produce flowers and pollen. It's a shame the one place where Thai strains were successfully transferred to and prospered, Hawaii, has gone the complete opposite direction because of the government's eradication campaigns. Now it's hoop houses and dehumidifiers, all the Hawaiian growers go that route. Basically growing outdoors indoors. What a waste.

Speaking of waste, my Bangi Haze ended up as compost. I salvaged a few nugs here and there but it got decimated by grey mold. I was sure I had photos but I can't find any, I'd love to have shown the finished flowers to you. Very interesting stuff, it was a special phenotype. Wonderful sweet syrupy fruity smell. The flowers were very thin and grew in little bunches. They looked kind of like the Kali Mist I grew a few years ago, only much better smelling. Can't wait to try some. I've never seen such small leafy flowers on such a big plant. It must have been Congolese dominate, I haven't heard of a Bangi finishing so late.

I've never seen flowers with an airy structure rot like this plant did. It's got to have some Dutch genes in it, I can't believe a Congolese or Nepalese would rot like that. It marbled through the flowers so each one was ruined. Normally I can save a few nugs or branches but in this case every branch and flower was infected. Unbelievable.

Even without trying the smoke yet I'm certain it's the best Bangi Haze phenotype. I'm smelling one of the flowers right now, it's got a musky rich mango smell. I wish the plant had been in your hands ThaiBliss I'm sure you'd love it. I'll twist one up today, it needs testing!

Breadwizard

Bangi haze apparently used a Dutch haze early on in the breeding process, on the Nepal side.

My folks ran a Bangi haze outdoors, 34N coastal environment and it rotted all the way through as well, causing me to switch gears on my pollen chucks for that microclimate.

Latest posts

Latest posts