What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

harvestreaper

Veteran
lookin nice out there thai ,,
picture.php

potential tripping weed

ThaiBliss

Veteran
SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked in the Morning

SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked in the Morning

At long last, this morning is warm and sunny. I think it rained a touch last night, and the clouds broke at just the right time of day.

These buds are changing fast. Floral aroma is still strong, but the buds have become spicy smelling. Reminds me of one other pheno of Bangi Haze that I think of as armpit Bangi. LOL. Could have been some licorice type of aroma. It also reminds me of SAGE which I used to describe as sweet and spicy. The SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked also smells volatile, like the growing tip of the Gypsy Thai cross that could be described as cat piss. I love pinene and citric terpenes, and I'm really falling in love with this plant now. Throughout the season I've not been quite sure what to think of this plant. Finally, it's showing me something.

I hope the new aromas are not mold. Hehe. I see no visual signs of damage, but it has been a brutal fall so far.

ThaiBliss

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Bud Green - Do you know anything about the heritage of that plant? Looks like a nice bud!

ThaiBliss, my buddy has an old mother he discovered years ago.
He calls it OG Mango haze..

Last year he found a new pheno somewhere else, that he named "Bucksaw",
due to it's extremely narrow leaves with extremely exaggerated leaf serrations..
A very cool thing about it is that it starts flowering early and finishes early...

He crossed them last year and the bud I showed you is from that cross.

The branches are all in bins now, getting a slow final dry and initial cure.

I'll probably do a final trim on them next week and try one in a bowl!

Here's a pic of the bud from another, different plant. Also from my same friend.. This pic was taken Sept. 10 also, and chopped Sept 23..

I love Sativa dominant weed and the fact that I can harvest them in late Sept. and early Oct. is a definite plus...
My weather can unexpectedly turn to wet, cloudy shit around here in mid October ..:biggrin:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 24

DrDee

DrDee - Looks like you are doing a good job. Nice buds. I'm glad they worked out so well. Keep up the good work. Zamaldelica and Golden Tiger are good introductions to growing sativa strains because I think they are pretty easy. What can you tell us about the Lambsbread? If it's pure old school Jamaican, it might be a challenge. A challenge that might reward greatly. Thanks for posting here. Keep them coming.

To all of you: :tiphat:
ThaiBliss

Mornin' TB and pals,
I chose the Golden Tiger and Zamaldelica based in Tangwena's experience doing a Malawi cob fermentation cure on them. He said they really take well to cobbing and become a much more trippy bud. So that's next.

The Lamsbread is just what Pev seeds sells as Jamaican. Friend from another site said it was a very nice high...so I'm giving it a shot. No secret seed stash or anything.
JD

Sticky Sat

Hey guys... :)

5th week for the silver pearls, 2 since pollination. Pics were taken yesterday but there's sign of reveging on the most sativa phenos this morning, despite the fact that i reduced N to prevent it, which explains the precocious fan leaves fading on some...

the girls..
attachment.php

the most wld pheno
attachment.php

the hooked calyxes pheno
attachment.php

Most nld pheno
attachment.php

with 5/10 this is the batch dominant pheno. Mostly sativa leaning too...
attachment.php

Cheers all... :)

Attachments

• sp batch 5-10.jpg
    sp batch 5-10.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 24
  • fat 2sp 5-10.jpg
    fat 2sp 5-10.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 25
  • hooked 3, 5-10.jpg
    hooked 3, 5-10.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 22
  • sat sp 5-10.jpg
    sat sp 5-10.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 22
  • sp dom 3, 5-10.jpg
    sp dom 3, 5-10.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 29

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Silver Pearls looking good. Love the Electric Lady also.

Here is my new generation Wicked Weed (SAGE-Ified). It is showing the Zacatecas Purple colors now. I can't believe how much it is showing SAGE traits with only 25% (theoretically) SAGE genetics and without ripening significantly later. I know that is not exactly how it works. It might be ready next week, if it survives the frost danger the next few nights:
picture.php

picture.php

Zamaldelica is coming along slowly but hopefully. Still a long way to go:
picture.php

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Koondense

Veteran
Lovely looking zamaldelica!

A couple days ago I had an early picked bud for a smoke test and must say it was very potent and going in the direction to be psychedelic to a degree. I know it still needs some time for proper drying and curing but the combo of sweet tropical smelling buds with high psychoactivity just raised the bar for what should be considered a strong sativa.

Zamaldelica is a potential trip weed, now i have no doubts about it.

Best of luck with the autumn weather thaibliss!

Cheers

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Thanks Koondese. Encouraging smoke report. All my plants made it through last night's frost. Another coming tonight before it starts a warming trend.

Sicky Sat - Thanks. Yes, that atmosphere here can be excellent. Very starkly clear and high UV index. Some out of town visitors today commented several times about how cold it can get in the morning and yet be nice and warm during the day. It is so dry and clear. We are where the desert climate meets the marine climate. It's technically described as a Mediterranean climate. It has temperatures moderated by the Pacific, but very dry and clear for half the year. In the winter, the wet season can be very wet.

Sticky Sat

that atmosphere here can be excellent. Very starkly clear and high UV index. Some out of town visitors today commented several times about how cold it can get in the morning and yet be nice and warm during the day. It is so dry and clear. We are where the desert climate meets the marine climate. It's technically described as a Mediterranean climate. It has temperatures moderated by the Pacific, but very dry and clear for half the year. In the winter, the wet season can be very wet.

Thanks for these apetizing precisions TB, seems like winter is a wet season and the rest of the year a wet dream... :D

Just editing to add some color to the post... There's been a sunray after a dark and rainy week, couldn't resist taking a few pics... ;)

Silver pearls, 37 days
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
That Wicked Weed looks great, I do see the Sage influence coming through in the mix. I'd expect complexity in the smell and smoke. Love seeing the Silver Pearl. The thin leaves for a Northern Lights type and the silver colored resin. Wish I could sniff at it.

My Bangi Haze is finally putting on some resin. Everything about it is different, from it's size to it's flower structure to it's lateness. It's gotten quite huge, I'd expected that but now it's bigger then any other Bangi I've seen.

picture.php

picture.php

I should measure it, I'm sure it's over ten feet. It's neighbors have been mostly chopped it gets full exposure. The flowers are very slim and narrow, especially for a plant with wide leaves. The stem rubs smelled like tropical fruit, the flowers have the same sort of smell. Very sweet with no spicy or skunky notes. A few months ago I expected it to be a Chitral Kush dominate plant but it's not showing any of those traits. I'm convinced now it's Congolese dominate. Check out the flower structure.

picture.php

Still got a ways to go. I know more rain will come before harvest, I hate the idea of it getting soaked for a week. Hopefully the mold won't be as explosive as it was when it was warmer.

I'm now certain that two of my Volunteers are Mextiza crosses. Very happy about that. There's a chance they could salvage my year after all the storm and mold damage. The Mextiza had the best mold resistance I've seen. I've seen a couple spots on the progeny but so far nothing bad. They have the same problem as the Bangi, late maturing. The flowers are bigger and denser then the Mextiza was, the plants bigger and better structured. Hopefully the effects will be similar, enjoyed the Mextiza quite a bit.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Wow... Gorgeous and impressive Bangi Haze Therevverend... Bud structure looks great too... All the best for a perfect finish...
Ditto. What a beautiful plant. Nice job.

Turns out, I'd like to talk about the Bangi Haze in my Wicked Weed. I had only one monster plant in my garden this year. I harvested most of it today. My gosh, has it changed in the last week. It was a real champ holding up to the last 4 days of frost. No damage that I can tell, except perhaps to the pistils. On the other hand, it might have simply ripened fully this last week.

This plant was a BEAST from the get-go. It had giant leaves, long internodes, and heavy stem. Everything was exaggerated, even the leaf petioles:
picture.php

picture.php

I expected the buds to be beefy. No. Just relatively skinny buds and even a bit on the sparse side. Despite the small size, they are well formed and clean (not leafy).

This plant looked a lot like my first generation Bangi Haze x Wicked cross with small tight buds, strong floral aroma with menthol coming on strong at the finish. The menthol came on stronger and stronger the longer it cured. The finish of this year's plant didn't occur like I expected. I started to notice a spiciness the last couple of weeks.

As I started cutting today, my mind was blown. It had the aroma that my SAGE x (Purple Haze x Thai) cross had. It smells like sticking my head in an oak wine barrel that once had a sweet berry wine in it. Very berry and woody. In addition, the spicy/peppery smell got much stronger. It reminds me of the most peppery Northern Lights x Haze I've grown.

Then it dawned on me. SAGE has Haze in it. I've also heard speculation that Purple Zacatecas IS Purple Colombian (Haze). For those of you that don't know, Mexican fields were heavily attacked by the U.S. and Mexico governments back in the '70s by spraying Paraquat herbicide on plants. F*ckers! Smokers started hemorrhaging from their lungs. Customers, growers, and possibly genetics fled to Colombian markets and growing locations. In addition, I've heard speculation that Bangi HAZE has some Super Silver Haze in it. Dubi, if you read this, here is your chance to correct me/us. Why else would Haze be part of the name?

So here I am trying to get Thai genetics infused into my outdoor early genetics by looking for plants that have a high that is worthy of crossing to Thai. What I've stumbled on is a very early strongly Haze-like plant. My name is ThaiBliss, and I'm addicted to Haze. It has been one season since I last crossed Haze related genetics into my line.

Speaking of which, I'm starting to regret that I didn't take a cutting of this plant. I have seeds forming on lots of buds, but they don't look ripe yet. I'm really hoping that they mature and become viable.

I need your help trip searchers. Does anyone have experience with a plant carrying seeds and frosts? Should I continue to leave the seeds on the plant hoping that they will mature more even as repeated frosts could become a hard freeze? I feel a strong need for those seeds. I have more seeds that produced this plant to look through, but I'm afraid of not finding another like this one.

I wish there was an online scratch and sniff so I could share these aromas. I can't stop smelling my fingers for the aromas of this plant. B.T.W., a few days after drying started on the SAGE x (Purple Haze x Thai), my house filled with the aroma of a funeral home, frankincense. It will be interesting to see if this happens to my SAGE x Bangi Wicked buds.

Here is a reposting of a picture of this monstrous plant and it's beautiful buds:
picture.php

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Sticky Sat

Amazing beast TB, thanks for all these informations... :)

i only have experience with seeds and deluge and they don't go too well together... ;)

Imho seeds should be able to resist some frost... had a plastic canister of seeded buds break in the freezer, and only found out about it 5 years after... thought the seeds were dead but they actually germinated very well... Granted the moisture level in fresh seeds would be higher but it would be surprising if nature hadn't "thought" about that possibilty...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I read somewhere that they try to acclimatize that nepalese sativa(different than nepalese that is in NepJam, which is from Reeferman), that is in bangi haze. without much success so they decided to cross it with silver haze so it could finish in northern Spain. not 100% sure about it. plus they used congo from LMN and he liked to cross those landraces with chitral or white widow without mentioning it.. the guy who bred bangi haze, left collective around 2008, later he got into trouble with bangi haze males, as further generation they produced only nonviable pollen, so he had to outcross it with something to continue the line.. some think that its also reason why ACE seeds had to rework it.. dont take my words as 100% true though.

gorilla ganja

ThaiBliss, great looking plants this season.
Leave the seeded plants as long as you can,the seeds will continue to ripen till a killing freeze comes.Especially if it warms nicely during the day. If you want to harvest some of the buds for smoke go ahead, but leave the seeds as long as possible to ripen. A freeze will not hurt the seeds.
I've frozen many plants.
Best of luck it looks like a keeper.

Peace GG

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Maha Kala - Thanks for the information. Someone posted me a link to some similar information. The terpene change in this generation is very dramatic. Far more than one would expect. Smoke tests will tell, but it looks like I've stumbled on a very good breeder in my old SAGE cut in general, and with the male I selected from the cross with Bangi Wicked specifically. Haha. I've been hanging on to that SAGE cut for at least 10 years and only made one or two other crosses thinly explored. I kept hoping to find something better than SAGE. Dooh!!!!! The synergy with the Silver Haze in the ancestry in Bangi Haze is stunning. The aromas are like the terpene profile in every Haze I've grown combined in one plant and magnified five times. I don't remember growing anything this spicy ever. All this, and the plant didn't ripen one single day later than the grandfather on the Bangi Haze side.

Gorilla Ganja - Thanks for the reassurance. It took me 4 hours to raze the plant of any bud worth smoking. I'm going to have a nice pile. I hope it is good quality. I'll have a nice tidy pile of it. Now the plant is just small green leaves and bud, and a dozen seed colas. I only meant to have two, but I was sloppy. Lucky me. LOL! The light penetrates throughout the plant. I hope it lives a couple more weeks.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hello,

I don't remember if I already posted, but my Gypsy Thai x Neville's Haze x Mullumbimby Madness is male. I've know for a few weeks.

That Laos is really something else. I thought Thai was late to start flowering. The Laos is on another level. One of my three is male for sure. I have another that looks male. I was really hoping to have two females, one for my cross to SAGE-Ified Bangi Haze, and another for keeping some S.E. Asian as pure as possible. Now it looks like I'll have to decide. Do I go with the cross to make it earlier, which is my end game intention anyway? If I keep it relatively pure, do I use the Gypsy cross male which looks a lot more like what grew from my Thai Stick seeds when I was a kid? Do I use the Laos males to the Laos female?

Others I have to work with are a small Baglung Nepali. If it is not auto-flowering and starts flowering soon, I could get a few seeds from that crossed to a S.E. Asian. As mentioned, I have my 50% SAGE male from SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked. I also have a Durban Poison female which smells like it was crossed to Skunk #1.

Having only one Laos is going to present some difficult decisions. I need to research about storing pollen. I cannot count on keeping clones alive. I have too many already.

I've already committed my Fett's 303 and one of my Zamaldelicas to the SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked male. Those were very early compared to the Thai and the Laos. They have already gotten dusted with the SAGE-Ified male.

ThaiBliss