What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

Breadwizard

Keep on the search Thaibliss, we're all on this quest together!

All of my Zamaldelicas are harvested, and are in jars curing along with the seeds for tripweed hopeful #1: Zamaldelica x Bangi Haze

I have two other other tripweed potentials planned with this fantastic zamal weed, depending how the seeds grow out:

Zamaldelica x Zapotec (Colombian gold x oaxaca gold F1) - hopefully mixing these completely unrelated genetics will make for some nice clean phenos to hunt through.

Zamaldelica x First Lady - the first lady I'm hoping will reduce the flowering time, innernode distance, begin flowering earlier, as well as lend some mold resistance from the zamal side to a hybrid that may be able to finish outdoors here. Early tests of the first lady are clear up-high and lightly visual, the zam should lend some extra magic to the cross.

The search continues!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I feel you ThaiBliss...

I think unless tester is actually a Sativa user their appreciations may not be that meaningful nor relevant.

I can tell the potency and trippiness of a given lady by toking on my own, but still like to see her effects on others.

Most people look for a feel-good, narcotic, euphoric effect and want to keep it that way; most cannabis users are afraid of "psiconautics" and don't enjoy entering that territory... a shame because cannabis is self-hipnotic, a great tool for inner exploration and "untangling".

Is funny because they laugh when see the "airy" buds... after a couple tokes it was me the one laughing looking at their faces.

Truth is nobody asked for a second test after trying Zamaldelica, Golden Tiger x Panama, or Panama Haze (skyrocket rush), it takes special kind of person to enjoy it, most are scared of the "unusual" feelings, get overwhelmed, try to "resist" and go close to disphoria, whereas what they need to doo is to sit tight, let it happen, grab the wheel... and enjoy.

More gentle, tamed sativas, like Kalichakra from Mandala Seeds, which I believe contains Nepalese genetics, had 100% of "regular" people asking for more.

Sticky Sat

I love Bangi Haze, but a lot of people don't see it. The ones I have grown do not taste great, IMO, but others seem to comment on it's good flavor. Some of them are not especially powerful, but the ones I like have an exceptionally good high, so clean, energetic, and positive. For the life of me, I don't know how people cannot love it. I believe they are just expecting something else instead of enjoying what it its.

ThaiBliss

Hi TB :) i totally agree with your Bangi Haze's assessment... Can't thank Dubi enough for advising me so well... and fwiw, the 2 females i got had a very pleasant smell and taste... ;-)

a few random pics to show the WLD influence isn't overpowering in those silver pearls F10s... ;-)

Coming sunday will be 4th week in flo, i did the first dusting at 3... a bit early but reveging was already at work... ;-)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• sp 25-09 leaf detail.jpg
    sp 25-09 leaf detail.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 31
  • sp 25-09 leaf detail 2.jpg
    sp 25-09 leaf detail 2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 26
  • sp1 25-09.jpg
    sp1 25-09.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 26
  • sp2 25-09.jpg
    sp2 25-09.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 25

Sticky Sat

some more... Only one of the 10 females is slightly WLD dominant...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers all :)

Attachments

• sp5 25-09.jpg
    sp5 25-09.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 29
  • sp8 25-09.jpg
    sp8 25-09.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 29
  • sp9 25-09.jpg
    sp9 25-09.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 25
  • sp10 25-09.jpg
    sp10 25-09.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 29
  • sp11 25-09.jpg
    sp11 25-09.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 25

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Wicked Weed Terpenes

Wicked Weed Terpenes

Greetings,

Some time quite a while ago, I was looking for the results of my Cannabis chemical analysis. I found the paperwork today while cleaning my house. These terpene results are from my Wicked Weed before I crossed it to Bangi Haze.

% by Weight 4.103

% by totals:
beta-Myrcene - 26.566
beta-Pinene - 24.251
selina-3,7(11)-dinene - 13.600
Limonene - 9.676

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I love Bangi Haze, but a lot of people don't see it. The ones I have grown do not taste great, IMO, but others seem to comment on it's good flavor. Some of them are not especially powerful, but the ones I like have an exceptionally good high, so clean, energetic, and positive. For the life of me, I don't know how people cannot love it. I believe they are just expecting something else instead of enjoying what it its.

well if you would grow bangi before 2008 you would understand that they can await something quite different. at 2007 I found plant that was not columnar, but structure was octopuses one, lot of little buds, not long colas. and the effect was magnificient, trippy, extremely speedy - I remember hand shaking after, the most heart beating herb I tried, long lasting like pure sativa 4 hours+, but it was done at 10 weeks. that was the bangi haze worth the hunt. now its indica..

ThaiBliss

Veteran
well if you would grow bangi before 2008 you would understand that they can await something quite different. at 2007 I found plant that was not columnar, but structure was octopuses one, lot of little buds, not long colas. and the effect was magnificient, trippy, extremely speedy - I remember hand shaking after, the most heart beating herb I tried, long lasting like pure sativa 4 hours+, but it was done at 10 weeks. that was the bangi haze worth the hunt. now its indica..
Did you make seeds of that one you found? Please IM me. LOL

I suspect you can find ones that remind you of what you found, but it may be a harder search. That's why I acquired some Bangi Haze x Congolese seeds. :dance013:From Dubi.

I had a potent Bangi Haze that I shared with someone who makes extract for a living. The bud wasn't appreciated, for whatever reason, and was made into extract. I heard it was too edgy. I was told that it was the most potent extract they ever made.

This is the year of the Thai, but next year might be the year of the African, which might be what made that old Bangi Haze so special. I should sprout those Bangi x Congo, but I also have a Durban Poison hybrid x Thai. Thai is NEVER excluded EVER. LOL I also have my own different Durban Poison hybid x Bangi Wicked, and expect to have Zamaldelica (African and Thai LOL) x Bangi Wicked.

Thai/AfricanBliss

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
no seeds unfortunately. I just tried it what is all about. didint take clones in that time.. little pity.

yeah I bought other packs at 2012(in description it was still 100% sativa, now its 70%) and didnt find anything like that, the plants were nice though, not weak in potency. nice lemony terps. but nothing special. I crossed it with long flowering ethiopian highland from RasPablo I grew in that time. so hope for tachycardic trippy experience again. good luck with bangi x congo. I also tried that congo, they have in BC and I didnt like the taste. very nutty. but effect was crazy. comes in huge waves(like storm in your head) with phases of peace, you think crazy part is done, but no. it came again LOL. I have never experienced something like that with weed. very lysergic if you ask me :D and very quick in flowering.

G

growhigh1233

iv personally found anyone who predominantly smokes indica/mostly indica rarely enjoys or appreciates the nuances and subtleties of mostly pure sativas ................they need that body effect

the only way to counter that from my experience to have a decent period of sobriety...........a few weeks clean and sober ............. thennn they get it!! ..... then they realise what their missing :)

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
So, I've been perhaps overwatering my exotics in the greenhouse. I'm so afraid of them roasting while I'm away at work. I come home in the evenings and despite the pots still being wet, the leaves are drooping strongly. Whoops! Maybe not. A lot of plants seem to anticipate the sun going down and leaves start drooping even while the light is still shining directly on them. It seems this behavior has been exaggerated lately.
:dance013:
Yep, you guessed it. It is starting to look like they are going to start flowering. The second Zamaldelica has finally thrown a pistil. It's a girl! I'm starting to see sexual structure on the Gypsy Thai cross and the Laos. The only one that I can take a guess on is the Gypsy Thai cross. I'm thinking it is going to be a boy. I'm a little disappointed if it is true. I was really wanting to try that bud. However, I have plans for it. I've heard that it has been hard to find a good male for those Laos. There are people really wanting the Fett's 303 to be preserved. If not pure, it seems like a good match. I also know a guy who has been a fan of the Gypsy Thai, but hasn't made pure seeds and is down to his last female. It wouldn't be pure, but it seems like a really good match.

I got a scare coming. There is a possibility of our first frost in a couple of days. I hope it's not a hard frost. Time to get a heater moved to the greenhouse, and some posts driven in the ground near the Zamaldelica so I can throw a tarp over it. It'll be a chore. That plant is over 9 feet tall.

Hey Maha Kala - I need to take some pictures of the SAGE-ified Bangi Wicked. The buds are really small very frosty nuggets. So good looking and potentially very easy to trim.

Exciting times,

ThaiBliss

harvestreaper

Veteran
The second picture is nice. Looks good to me. What kind of aromas?

bit fruity bit spicey was a flying visit on a rainy morning ,,budshot looks ok well see if she makes it to a finish ,, sure hope it aint hemp as i found a male hiding under some undergrowth which was very close to a g13 hx x thunk female lol

DrDee

ThaiBlis,
Hola and good morning. I share your love of trippy sativas I have grown a few sats in the past but a year ago I decided to push a little harder in that direction.

Seeds I purchased include Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica and Lambsbread.

I grew random hybrids to test out my new room...and once ready. I sprouted the 5 Golden Tiger and got some interesting looking variety. Several were Thai leaning and one that stood out as being short...turned out to be very Malawi leaning. I had trained it using the Nebula Manifold method. Took a long time to start stretch and only grow to 3'. My kind of sativa. lol

I gave it 12 weeks but we had a late season heat wave that forced me to harvest at 12 weeks. 14 would have been better. Had cloudy tricks and only some amber. It's been drying for several weeks and are sealed in jars right now. Smoke now is very smooth and while I am not so good with scents...it triggered some sort of hidden memory of the quintesential "marijuana" taste. The high...though I've only done a little pre-cure test...is that it's quite potent and seems to effect the visual side of things. A little sparkly at the edges. With full-on oral dose...I'm sure this weed will be trippy. Will make cocobudder from the trim. Can't wait.
Cheers,
JD

picture.php

DrDee

+
TB,
Haven't posted here much recently...a little rusty. Here's a bud shot. Big for a sativa, but not so frosty like some modern hybrids. This pheno was sensitive to nutes and initially I burned it a bit giving it same feed as Thai phenos. Plus I had a little issue with only 3 gals of coco. Would have done better in 5 gallon.

Your fake 303 looks very much like Sebring's Revenge...a CBD strain from Seattle. 20% cbd

anyway...here's a bud shot.
JD

Attachments

• mp bud.jpg
    mp bud.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 26

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Here is my SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked. It's smelling quite floral and menthol. Buds seem a touch smaller since I SAGE-Ified it:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Maybe it's not so late after all. It's coming along nicely now. Perhaps it's just that the male was exceptionally early.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Despite the rainy cold weather lately, the Zamaldelica is making progress. I hope it makes a big jump with a few sunny days forecasted:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Bud Green - Do you know anything about the heritage of that plant? Looks like a nice bud!

DrDee - Looks like you are doing a good job. Nice buds. I'm glad they worked out so well. Keep up the good work. Zamaldelica and Golden Tiger are good introductions to growing sativa strains because I think they are pretty easy. What can you tell us about the Lambsbread? If it's pure old school Jamaican, it might be a challenge. A challenge that might reward greatly. Thanks for posting here. Keep them coming.

To all of you: :tiphat:
ThaiBliss