What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

Sticky Sat

Hello guys... :)

A little update on the Siver pearls...
Trying to keep them as happy as possible in those pots until flowering girls are done... :)

They'll be 6 weeks old on coming tuesday...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers all :)

Attachments

• Silver 27-08.jpg
    Silver 27-08.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Silver pearls 27-08.jpg
    Silver pearls 27-08.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 39

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Very nice Sticky.

Good post Hard Rain.

Looking good also Shooters!

I have a couple of pics that show more of how lanky the Durban Poison is. She is stinking to high heaven. Sweet and spicy:
picture.php

picture.php

My dear trusty loyal old friend in the background watching over me and my babies.

Sticky Sat

50% Black German Shepherd 50% Border Collie. Smart as all get out. Unbelievably so.

Well, with such genetics and all the cerebral weed smoked around him, i'd be smart too... Lol

2 more pics of the Silver pearls and other usual suspects... ;-)

Most SP have very nice leaves... they're craving for more room... asap...
attachment.php

attachment.php

O 38 days, they'll go down tuesday at 6 weeks...
attachment.php

O 88 will go down too... never sampled it but the few friends who did were super enthusiastic...
attachment.php

The Sage will need 10 more days... well, if weather allows it as i''d rather have white than soggy trichs... ;-)
attachment.php

A great week end to all... :)

Attachments

• Sage 38 days.jpg
    Sage 38 days.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 88 apex bud.jpg
    88 apex bud.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 39
  • O apex bud.jpg
    O apex bud.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 33
  • silver 2.jpg
    silver 2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 37
  • silver 1.jpg
    silver 1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Fresh buds all year. Love it.

Just got back from my weekend plant visit. Some notes on what's left of my plants:

Zamaldelica - Pretty plant but no buds starting yet. I'm guessing right now that it is not going to ripen in time. Got a cutting of it to put in the greenhouse along with another and the rest of my late strain crossing experiments. Hopefully, we'll make some seeds that we can try again with.

Baglung Nepali - Getting more resin all the time. Stinking more. Barely see the seeds forming from the pollination. This line starts really early but ripens, and forms seeds really slowly. Looks way more sativa like than indica. I should be able to take an early sample in a week or two. Very early strain overall.

SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked
- This plant is disappointingly slow/late. I'm glad I found the early male. The male is almost completely played out, and this female doesn't look quite ready to accept pollen. The really good news is that it is now pushing out tight clusters of long pistils that are sparkling in the early morning light. I've seen a touch of this before, but it is uncommon. These pistils have lots of resin on them making them sparkle brightly. Warms my heart. I'm really excited about it, and taking it as a good sign for heavy resin coverage later. Even though I think my SAGE cut produced the trippiest bud I had, I've been reluctant to move beyond the Bangi Wicked generation because those are really good. This is why I backcrossed back to my favorite Bangi Wicked cut after crossing an especially strong smelling Bangi Wicked male to SAGE. Also, I figured it would make my plants too late ripening for outdoors. It looks like the female I have picked up significant SAGE traits despite only being 25% SAGE. I'm very excited, and I'll post pictures in the next couple of weeks. That plant is really looking good now. I'm relieved because it seems some other things went wrong this year. My spirits have been lifted.
:dance013:
ThaiBliss

P.S. - I visited a garden where the 3 different Durban Poisons are being grown. When they were small, I was given the opportunity to take a branch from one of the 3 and make a cutting from it. The one I chose was the most lemony, least skunky, longest/largest leaves, and tallest of the 3. After seeing the plants, I chose, by far, the one that grew the largest, but least productive in size and density of buds. It is also looks like the latest ripening plant. In other words, the most sativa looking. However, it is the most resinous and second most aromatic. My friend is going to make some seeds from each of the plants.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked:

Ancestry from Oldest to Newest:
Purple Asian x Pigweed (Mex. x Indica)
X
Perky (Thai x Afghani)
X
Seeing God (Unknown possibly Nepalese)
...Some line breeding..., and named Wicked Weed
X
White Lights (White Widow x Northern Lights)
...Some line breeding...
X
(Wicked Weed x Western Winds (S.E. Asian x Indica))
X
Wicked Weed
X
Dank Dank (Purple Bud x Wicked Weed)
X
(Skunk#1 x Wicked Weed)
X
(Burmese x Wicked Weed)
X
Train Wreck (Thai x Afghani x Mexican)
...Some Line breeding...
X
Bangi Haze
X
(SAGE x Wicked Weed)
x Wicked Weed

Total Thai/S.E. Asian injections 5 or 6. 3 more imminent injections with Gypsy Thai cross, Super Laos, and Zamaldelica.

Sparkle hairs:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:laughing:

ThaiBliss

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Great expectations on this plant...

Something on her screams "zamaldelica" in me, I think is the unique lime-green shade Zamaldelica has.

This plant sprouted wild in the ground between last years (revegged) Zamaldelica and Honduras pots (Zam in foreground, honduras in background):

picture.php

So it could be Zamaldelica x Honduras or Ethiopian, or Honduras x Ethiopian or Honduras...

Between males and runts I culled like 30-40 plants of all sizes of these wild sprouts, I have never seen same green shade on them, which makes me think on a Zamaldelica cross... really unique green.

What do you think?

picture.php

picture.php

harvestreaper

Veteran
my one an only nanan bouclou x uhkrul hopefully gonna dust her with some ag x ukrul pollen to double on the uhkrul mum
picture.php

Sticky Sat

Lovely plants and pics from all of you guys... :tiphat:

For some reason i can't vote on anymore thread today but i definitily would if i could, and i'll be back anyway... ;-)

Silver pearls have been up potted to 10 L pots monday... But not a sun ray since unfortunately... 10 females and 5 males... Left the latest in 3 L pots for now...
attachment.php

A strange thing happened the morning following the transplanting...
At dawn several SP were dripping wet... First thought there was a leak in the roof but heads were dry... Not clearly visible on the pic but theres were actually drops on most indentations tips...
attachment.php

The last SAGE standing... smells a mix of apricot and green apple when untouched...
attachment.php

O branch from last batch... It's been raining since they've been cut and the rh is so high that leaves haven't even wilt yet...
attachment.php

Attachments

• SP 3-09.jpg
    SP 3-09.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 37
  • sweating SP.jpg
    sweating SP.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 36
  • SAGE 02-09.jpg
    SAGE 02-09.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 35
  • O branch 2-09.jpg
    O branch 2-09.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 34

LungCooking

Lovely plants and pics from all of you guys... :tiphat:

For some reason i can't vote on anymore thread today but i definitily would if i could, and i'll be back anyway... ;-)

Silver pearls have been up potted to 10 L pots monday... But not a sun ray since unfortunately... 10 females and 5 males... Left the latest in 3 L pots for now...
View Image

A strange thing happened the morning following the transplanting...
At dawn several SP were dripping wet... First thought there was a leak in the roof but heads were dry... Not clearly visible on the pic but theres were actually drops on most indentations tips...
View Image

The last SAGE standing... smells a mix of apricot and green apple when untouched...
View Image

O branch from last batch... It's been raining since they've been cut and the rh is so high that leaves haven't even wilt yet...
View Image

Hot stuff Sticky! They look so nice
RfcnSHm.gif

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Just back from the garden. Baglung Nepali has gone from minty, to sweet floral, and now is smelling a bit sharp and a touch hashy. Still lots of live pistils at the tips of the foxtails. Overall, since the calyxes are plastered with resin, the buds have some surprising beef to them. They will probably get compressed and stuck together a bit. It looks like there might be some weight. So much resin and so little plant tissue, despite how puffy/airy/fox-tailed they are.

We have had a couple of days of thunderstorms, and now it's cooling down with a slight chance of showers. Firefighters are racing to put out scores of fires before the weather heats up again. Used to be so afraid of those helicopters. Now I'm cheering them on as they go after the fires.
:biggrin:

Baglung is very early, but now I'm still in a position of possible bud rot. At least it probably won't frost anytime soon. Seeds are still barely getting bigger. Come'on seeds! Get ripe.

Best,

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
The sun came out, burning bright, and I took some pictures of the Baglung Nepalis. They are looking really close to being ready. I'm finding some hermies, and some buds that look harvestable. I'd say they will be done next week, just on schedule. These are from my friend's house:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
These are from my garden. This plant is looking so much better now. Not a productive as the one at my friend's, but now looks more resinous. I'm also fading off the excess nitrogen just about right:
picture.php

picture.php

I believe I read that the Thai Stick growers start checking the buds for harvest when they start turning gold. I wonder if this is what they meant. Do you see the leaf stems, veins, etc. turning yellowish/gold?:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Best Vibes,

ThaiBliss

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
baglung is some dready girl. short dreadlocks everywhere. great ratio calyx>leaf in flower structure.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
baglung is some dready girl. short dreadlocks everywhere. great ratio calyx>leaf in flower structure.
Yes, it is dready. Reminds me of the Mexican Copalita Oaxaca I have grown:
picture.php

Not only is it dready, but it also has reddish colors and minty aromas. The really old, old school Mexican I first started smoking had this trippy, happy, laughing grass high to it. That very happy high is also what Nepalese is known for. I've always thought that the Mexican weed I was smoking in the early days was like a combination of Thai Stick and Nepalese. I sure as heck hope this Baglung Nepalese has solved what I need for the early ripening gene to my Laos, Thai, Zamaldelica type of kick I'm looking for.

The Bangi Haze and Burmese really brought the vibe I'm looking for, but I need something even earlier and with a little more potency. The search is never ending.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I went out and dusted a branch of SAGE-Ified with pollen. So... pictures:
picture.php

picture.php

My Zamaldelica is finally filling out enough to throw some shade. Just tiny branches, and still no buds yet:
picture.php

picture.php

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky!"
picture.php

ThaiBliss