What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
very nice nepali! I smoked maos3 with three friends/growers recently. one of them is member here. after first toke they said its very old school tasting, earthy.. and after another toke they said its slightly trippy :D the effect of maos is fully developed one hour after smoking.. so you can imagine how trippy it is.. we didn't discuss psychoactivity further, as it was just ride, lot of laughs, talkin´and trippin´ :D dont know about laos, but maos is very trippy lol these south asian 16 - 20 weekers its another league...

Sticky Sat

Lovely Nepali TB... Can't wait to see how she finishes and hear the smoke report... :)

The following ones are not very nice but it could have been much worse considering the poor plants hardly had a few sunny days during the whole flowering cycle... Our dry season could be mistaken for the monsoon this year... Cookie stuff anyway...

O (agent orange x Congo)
attachment.php

O 88 (O x (O x (O x Bangi Haze)
attachment.php

Bango (O x Bangi Haze)
attachment.php

Cheers all :)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
maos3 ...and after another toke they said its slightly trippy :D the effect of maos is fully developed one hour after smoking.. so you can imagine how trippy it is.. maos is very trippy lol these south asian 16 - 20 weekers its another league...
All the best weed in my life took a long time to peak. Glad to hear you got the good stuff.

I just wanted to give an update. My male SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked is dropping pollen. Durban Poison female is flowering. I continue to cut back the exotics to keep them small. The Gypsy Thai x Mullumbimby Madness x Neville's Haze 21 keeps "the look". The leaves stay skinny and long. Same with the Laos. The Laos are still golden colored. Two other plants I keep getting mixed up, the Fett's 303 and the other Zamaldelica that looked like Yoss33's. One has leaves that have gotten short, and the other has long leaves. I smelled them today without looking at the tags and I got a surprise. One has an orange aroma. I thought it was probably the Zamaldelica morphing a bit. I was wrong. When I looked at the tag, it read Fett's 303. The other one, the Zamaldelica now has a spicy menthol aroma. It smells like the Laos that smells the most like I remember as Thai Stick. None of these exotics look like they are even close to flowering. In fact, I have no idea of what gender they are.

I've decided that I'll try to sprout another seed of Baglung Nepali. I think it might be possible to get a 50% Laos or other exotic to ripen early enough around here in the first generation of the cross. The Baglung started flowering in June! I'll have time to do an initial test to see if the Baglung is worthy of the cross.

ThaiBliss

Sticky Sat

Thanks for the much too kind words TB... :)

Please excuse my ignorance but what is 303...?

The silver pearls 2 days ago... changed pots to 3 L yesterday and roots were a bit bound and not as white as i'd have liked... we didn't have much sun... Most of the yellow comes from the enjoyable sunset light though... ;)
attachment.php

O 88 bud at 3 weeks
attachment.php

Cheers all :tiphat:

Attachments

• Silver pearls 13-08.jpg
    Silver pearls 13-08.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 37

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
laos x baglund sounds great imo. that nepal is soooo beautiful sativa lady. laos is great breeding material. it seems.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Please excuse my ignorance but what is 303...?
I was extremely fortunate to receive and sprout a seed. Here you go:
any one who has this strain or who has grown it out, please stop in and share any info you might have or wish to contribute !!! smoke report if you have one ,please !!! here are fets words on 303: ...I do not know the complete breeding back ground of this strain but i have been told it consists of what flooded this land back in the early 70s the all great PNG Gold and various Hawaiian/ Fuji strains. Papua New Guinea Gold would most likely be the main contributor to this strain. Some time back it was then crossed with a wide leaf strains as the old timers call it, Indica i presume? They crossed what they already had with the wide leaf variety (indica?) to rise above their competition and this is what they have today? With this indica crossing it has most likely cut down the flowering time making this strain possible to be grown indoors and still be able to control it. 303 is sweet spicy fruity flavour with a piney-fruity aroma with a very intense high mind-lifting it can bring about heart- racing and even panic for users not used to strong sativas or if overdone, due to its creeping effect can soon have you blown off your feet. Dont make the mistake of wacking a few fast ones down because before you know it your praying it will wear off fast as it can just become too intense for the user. Thisstrain is super long lasting stone that does not need to be constantly topped up every hour like many, it just lasts and lasts. The flowers are not show material but they certainly packs a punch , so look out! ...Flowering time around 10-12 weeks !!

Sticky Sat

Thanks a lot TB... :) Sounds like something i'd like to make cookies with... :D
PNG's weather being very similar to ours, i guess the 303 must be a rather mold resistant strain... :)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hahahaha

You guys are funny. Wouldn't it be great if the smoke is as nice as the pretty plant. I'm seeding up the resinous one already. The beauty is next, in a day or two. Making lots of seeds of that one. I already have requests and we haven't even toked yet.

The Bangi used had a floral aroma, and this Baglung does also, but the mint is a new thing. Actually, I'm really hoping the SAGE (turpentine) comes through from the male. O.K., please play around with that combo, SAGE, Bangi Haze, Baglung. Those would be the 3 newest additions to the line if all goes well.
:dance013:
I got to give props to "my friend" for growing it. I think that is the best genetic expression, but the grower did it right! Better than I have done on the other two. You can tell by the rest of the garden, stuff is going on over at that house.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Here is the male I'm using. It is the earliest of about 10 plants, and has the most piney aroma:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It is 25% SAGE, 50% Bangi Haze, and 25% of my Wicked line with Trainwreck and Burmese being the recent additions. That covers about the last 15 years of my heart and soul. I know I'm repeating myself, but when I'm browsing around from thread to thread, I like having the details available in the latest post.

He is a little sparse for my liking, but it has an elegance that sativas are blessed with. I'm hoping that it is the Congolese, Purple Zacatecas (from SAGE), and Thai (from Trainwreck) coming through. The good news is that it is early. The pure SAGE cut didn't ripen until December.

ThaiBliss

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Hello Thaibliss,

Im curious about your experience with blb laos. Have you had the chance to flower them out? Or have you sampled any flowers from this line. Im wondering about the flowering time and nature of the high.
I was gifted 3 seeds of Super Laos Haze.
I believe the laos is blb laos and sam skunkman original haze.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi Dreamer,

I've never grown out these seeds or sampled the weed. I expect the flowering time to be very long. I'm growing them outside at 42 degrees north, and will move them into a greenhouse when the weather starts to turn. I'm only hoping to get some seeds from pollen of an earlier flowering variety. I expect them to still be ripening in early January. Ugh!

I do expect the buds to be of extremely good quality and very potent. When I was very young, I got Thai Sticks on a regular basis, probably once a year for the better part of a decade. It was weed like no other. I attempted to grow the plants from seeds I found. Of course, it never worked out until I started growing indoors using HID lamps. By then the Thai Sticks disappeared. I did get to see how the plants looked. These BLB Laos plants look like the real deal, more than anything I've grown in almost 40 years. I have a high level of confidence in BLB Laos. I trust the source of the seeds, and I've heard only very good results from these plants and from the crosses with these genetics. I'd suggest cherishing the genetics and not giving up on them until you have made multiple attempts of bringing them to successful fruition. Thai genetics have been the most difficult strains to grow. If you have practiced using Haze genetics, you should be ready for the challenge.

The high could be very exhilarating and scary at first. It mellows out into blissful trippiness that lasts the better part of the day. It was still very motivational unless you go too far, then it induced a catatonic state. Be careful because you could get a big delayed reaction. As macho kids, we screwed with people and made them never want to smoke it again. Sometimes they never wanted to smoke any weed ever again. It's not the type of weed you would smoke daily. It would be more of an occasional adventure, until you get used to it. Part of the fear is not knowing how far this trip is going to go. I think I smoked it every chance I got, but I was a very hard core smoker. In high school, I smoked good Colombian mostly. A joint on the way to school, a joint at lunch, and a joint after dinner. Thai was special and expensive, so when I smoked it, I covered the bowl as I stopped hitting it so not a wisp of smoke would escape. I held it in a long time. Precious it was, precious, precious. I was lucky if I smoked a few hits a day. Frankly, I didn't need more. Thai was the weed that taught me to titrate the dose for the best experience of the high.

Please post updates and lots of pictures to this thread. I'm sure many people will be very interested. If you get lucky, I'd expect you will get mind blowing results beyond what you can imagine.

ThaiBliss

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Hi Dreamer,

I've never grown out these seeds or sampled the weed. I expect the flowering time to be very long. I'm growing them outside at 42 degrees north, and will move them into a greenhouse when the weather starts to turn. I'm only hoping to get some seeds from pollen of an earlier flowering variety. I expect them to still be ripening in early January. Ugh!

I do expect the buds to be of extremely good quality and very potent. When I was very young, I got Thai Sticks on a regular basis, probably once a year for the better part of a decade. It was weed like no other. I attempted to grow the plants from seeds I found. Of course, it never worked out until I started growing indoors using HID lamps. By then the Thai Sticks disappeared. I did get to see how the plants looked. These BLB Laos plants look like the real deal, more than anything I've grown in almost 40 years. I have a high level of confidence in BLB Laos. I trust the source of the seeds, and I've heard only very good results from these plants and from the crosses with these genetics. I'd suggest cherishing the genetics and not giving up on them until you have made multiple attempts of bringing them to successful fruition. Thai genetics have been the most difficult strains to grow. If you have practiced using Haze genetics, you should be ready for the challenge.

The high could be very exhilarating and scary at first. It mellows out into blissful trippiness that lasts the better part of the day. It was still very motivational unless you go too far, then it induced a catatonic state. Be careful because you could get a big delayed reaction. As macho kids, we screwed with people and made them never want to smoke it again. Sometimes they never wanted to smoke any weed ever again. It's not the type of weed you would smoke daily. It would be more of an occasional adventure, until you get used to it. Part of the fear is not knowing how far this trip is going to go. I think I smoked it every chance I got, but I was a very hard core smoker. In high school, I smoked good Colombian mostly. A joint on the way to school, a joint at lunch, and a joint after dinner. Thai was special and expensive, so when I smoked it, I covered the bowl as I stopped hitting it so not a wisp of smoke would escape. I held it in a long time. Precious it was, precious, precious. I was lucky if I smoked a few hits a day. Frankly, I didn't need more. Thai was the weed that taught me to titrate the dose for the best experience of the high.

Please post updates and lots of pictures to this thread. I'm sure many people will be very interested. If you get lucky, I'd expect you will get mind blowing results beyond what you can imagine.

ThaiBliss

Many thanks for the thoughtful response.
I was lookin forward to these, but now I am super excited to start these.
These may be the first pics i ever post on the forums. My state went recreational recently and i will be allowed 5 plants indoors with my med card.
Im looking forward to seeing how your laos turns out, best of luck with your projects.

Breadwizard

As I was cleaning the F2 seeds from zams, there was just enough for a couple of joints worth of each pheno. Enough for a mini smoke report!

A (zamal leaning? Tall, yellowish, early resin, longer flowering): aroma sweet and slightly fruity, but hard to pin down, possibly "blue" artificial raspberry? Earthy lingering smells during breakup of material. Very resiny, sticks together nicely. Upon smoking sweet fruit remains center, with thick dense smoke. Resin runs down joint quite a bit during smoke session. Slight visual distortion and fuzziness around sides of vision, quite dreamy with swirling thought patterns. Clean, lots of get up and go, you can almost forget you're high until you get enthralled with something that catches your eye, and you end up lost in dreamland. Short lived effect though, settles into a good mood after 15-20 mins that lasts for a few hours. Clean landing.

B (Malawi leaner? Darker, thicker leaves, most vigor, more "nuggy" buds): aroma dark earth and fresh carrot/parsnip, intensifies when broken up. Not as resiny as A, denser flower structure. Smoke isn't as thick, flavor is earth and root vegetables, does not stick around very strongly. Stone hits much quicker, dense and penetrating, not sleepy, but less visual than A. More energy than A as well, like a shot of espresso. Feels "stronger" than A, little visual change, slight time dilation. Easy come down.

Very different effects in the phenos, I don't know if I can pick a favorite, but A is certainly more "trippy " at least visually, but they both got seeded by my select Bangi Haze males, and I'll be trying both batches of seed when they ripen, which should be in a couple of weeks by my notes.

This was very rambly, but I wrote the reports as stream of consciousness.

Latest posts

Latest posts