What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Congrats Robot - Another state bites the dust. Soon, the world.

Breadwizard - Nice reports. Sounds like A is nice and clean. I hope it gets better with a long cure. You are one step ahead of me. I'm going in the same direction with the Bangi Haze. Get growing them so I'm reassured. LOL.

Sticky Sat

Hi guys :)

Beautiful plants and pics from all of you... :)

Silver pearls are 32 days on these pics taken yesterday...
Although i've been very careful when watering, there's incomprehensible overwatering symptoms on some lower leaves...
Tried to delay watering them in the morning but then they start wilting by 9 am...
It's always been a rather fussy strain and it doesn't help that heat and humidity are much worse now than they were 23 years ago...
Doubt Nevil had tropical outdoor in mind when he made this cross anyway... ;-)

Dominant pheno is rather squat with some branch starts
attachment.php

Other pheno is taller with slightly more sativa looking leaves
attachment.php

flowering plants are 30 days.

O
attachment.php

O 88
attachment.php

Sage
attachment.php

A great week end to all... :)

Attachments

• Silver 22-08.jpg
    Silver 22-08.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Silver sat pheno.jpg
    Silver sat pheno.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 32
  • O 30 days 22-08.jpg
    O 30 days 22-08.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 33
  • O 88 30 days 22-08.jpg
    O 88 30 days 22-08.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Sage 30 days 22-08.jpg
    Sage 30 days 22-08.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 31

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hi guys :)

Beautiful plants and pics from all of you... :)

Silver pearls are 32 days on these pics taken yesterday...
Although i've been very careful when watering, there's incomprehensible overwatering symptoms on some lower leaves...
Tried to delay watering them in the morning but then they start wilting by 9 am...
It's always been a rather fussy strain and it doesn't help that heat and humidity are much worse now than they were 23 years ago...
Doubt Nevil had tropical outdoor in mind when he made this cross anyway... ;-)

Dominant pheno is rather squat with some branch starts
View Image

Other pheno is taller with slightly more sativa looking leaves
View Image

flowering plants are 30 days.

O
View Image

O 88
View Image

Sage
View Image

A great week end to all... :)

Mmm... I can smell the aroma!
Beautiful plants my friend!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Nice job Sticky. You just have a constant pipeline going on there. Really nice.

One of my two SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked plants turned full on male. I swear it threw a pistil back in May before I put it in the ground. Last couple of weeks the plant shot up higher to about 14 feet tall, but still wasn't filling out. I thought I lost my touch and I needed to take better care of the soil. I guess it was just a male. I could see flowering starting way, way, at the top of the plant, but it wasn't until I went out to water my plants today did I see lower buds. There were loads of male flowers all over a huge plant. I cut it down immediately. Close call. I like visiting my plants once a week because I can see changes better. Now I see that is a dangerous proposition.

I think the 25% SAGE introduced a little bit of gender instability. I never saw a male hermie from the cutting, but you never know until you test the children. It's worth it if some of the effects of the high come with it. The bad news is that I only have one SAGE-Ified... plant to test this year. She finally started budding. I can see the SAGE influence in some traits. It is even a bit stalkier than the Bangi Wicked. I can see streaks of color in the stem that I remember from the SAGE cut. The leaf shape has changed a little. I'm hoping for increased resin and the pinene terpene added to the menthol and floral aroma:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

T.B.

'Boogieman'

Nice job Sticky. You just have a constant pipeline going on there. Really nice.

One of my two SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked plants turned full on male. I swear it threw a pistil back in May before I put it in the ground. Last couple of weeks the plant shot up higher to about 14 feet tall, but still wasn't filling out. I thought I lost my touch and I needed to take better care of the soil. I guess it was just a male. I could see flowering starting way, way, at the top of the plant, but it wasn't until I went out to water my plants today did I see lower buds. There were loads of male flowers all over a huge plant. I cut it down immediately. Close call. I like visiting my plants once a week because I can see changes better. Now I see that is a dangerous proposition.

I think the 25% SAGE introduced a little bit of gender instability. I never saw a male hermie from the cutting, but you never know until you test the children. It's worth it if some of the effects of the high come with it. The bad news is that I only have one SAGE-Ified... plant to test this year. She finally started budding. I can see the SAGE influence in some traits. It is even a bit stalkier than the Bangi Wicked. I can see streaks of color in the stem that I remember from the SAGE cut. The leaf shape has changed a little. I'm hoping for increased resin and the pinene terpene added to the menthol and floral aroma:
View Image
View Image
View Image

T.B.

Love reading your posts, personally a few seeds never bothered me. Hoping you a perfect fall for those sativa beauties.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
The less pretty Baglung Nepali in my garden has changed quite a bit. Last week, it was hard to see resin. Now the buds are foxtailing, calyxes are swelling, and it looks like it is plastered with resin:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It also smells much less minty and more sweet floral. Reminds me of my favorite Bangi Hazes. I visited the Baglung that my friend is growing for me. It no longer has skinny spears. It's foxtailing also and from afar the buds all look 4x fatter. It looked stacked before. Now it looks really beefy. It's an illusion since all that was added is fluff in all directions from the foxtailing. Same aroma changes there, but it really throws off a stench now.
:dance013:

Best Vibes,

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Love reading your posts, personally a few seeds never bothered me. Hoping you a perfect fall for those sativa beauties.
Thanks Boogieman,
The plant was solid male. I saw no pistils on it at all, since May. I saw hundreds of thousands of male sacs getting ready to open today. :faint:
I made a ton of Baglung Nepali x SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked today. If Baglung smokes good, I'll never run out of very early genetics again. Couch-lock banished forever!!!! Muhahahahahahaha.

T.B.

Sticky Sat

Thanks for the nice words Willy and TB... :)

That Baglung is really a beauty, glad you already put the male at work... :)

Regarding the SAGE gender instability, on about 50 plants (40 F1 and 10 F2) i never had hermies but in 2003 i had a female whose seeds gave headless sprouts (nothing after the cotyledons) and a totally sterile male without any pollen last year...
Glad the Bangi Haze male was such a stud... :)

Cheers all :)

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

these are two of the maybe 303s they do kinda remind me of nb a supposed png cross but seem to show more indica than pics ive seen of known 303 what ya think thai everyone??

romanoweed

Harvestreaper
I wanna wish you the best that they are 303 s, but... I have read multiple times this Seedcompany sells just Hemp or something. I was still very curious, cause it could have been just the bad Reviews cummulating, and happy People not reviewing. Sometimes this can fool one abit.

orfeas

Veteran
... I like visiting my plants once a week because I can see changes better. Now I see that is a dangerous proposition..

I must reiterate the afore said...not only for undesirable males but for all sorts of mishaps and all :)

However, always inspiring have I found your growing ventures!

:tiphat:orfeas

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I think it will be quite trippy:
Zamaldelica x destroyer,bouquet of spices, carrots and lemons....
I had to check every single branch because I found a seed, fortunately I didn't find male flowers, it was probably a little wind-blown pollen... (The only thing that makes me think is that it happened to me once, years ago, it's always with zamaldelica ...)

picture.php

picture.php

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
been really testing out different ground flower mixes for bubbler hits.

been liking chocolope lately for an uplifting and fairly clear daytime high, and found durban poison to do the same but with some zip to it.

mixing those two with a little bit of jack herer or a sour diesel that doesn't dumb me down or both has been hitting the night-time trip button...

happy, swaying feeling; spacey but sharp thoughts; subtle, bulbous swashes of color make cloudy CEVs

i like getting tiny amounts of quite a few different sativa leaning hybrids (can't find the champ sativas too often... or ever anymore) from my dispensaries and keeping one or two indicas (grand doggy purps lately).

actually, i went down for a nap earlier and had just smoked some g dog p (an hour after some chocolope), and laying there it was really trippy and (for a lack of a bettter term) vibe-y... buzzy and dissociating almost and the colors coming in through the window were quite vibrant and shimmery.

ok, i'll shutup now

:abduct:

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
WillyDread - I think that will be a great cross. After all, each side has some Thai in it. It looks like it also. Props!

Nepalnt21 - Those are interesting tests. I used to experiment with those types of tests. Now, I don't smoke as much and am too busy testing children of my breeding experiments.

Here are some pictures of the female Durban Poison plant I have:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Despite how fat the leaves are, this plant is very lanky. Smells like lemon and herb right now. It's got some seeds, just in case.

ThaiBliss

Shooters

Sorry:

It is a Zamaldelica F1 thai-like male (minty) x critical plus that produced a male seed that I bred to a mango carrot Zamaldelica female. Then I crossed two similar structured and smelling siblings.

H

hard rain

been really testing out different ground flower mixes for bubbler hits.

been liking chocolope lately for an uplifting and fairly clear daytime high, and found durban poison to do the same but with some zip to it.

mixing those two with a little bit of jack herer or a sour diesel that doesn't dumb me down or both has been hitting the night-time trip button...

happy, swaying feeling; spacey but sharp thoughts; subtle, bulbous swashes of color make cloudy CEVs

i like getting tiny amounts of quite a few different sativa leaning hybrids (can't find the champ sativas too often... or ever anymore) from my dispensaries and keeping one or two indicas (grand doggy purps lately).

actually, i went down for a nap earlier and had just smoked some g dog p (an hour after some chocolope), and laying there it was really trippy and (for a lack of a bettter term) vibe-y... buzzy and dissociating almost and the colors coming in through the window were quite vibrant and shimmery.

ok, i'll shutup now

:abduct:
I also really like blends and think that this is largely unexplored (commercially), although plenty of people have been doing it over the years. I have a bit of choice and really enjoy mixing particularly pure or very sativa dominant with hybrids.

Some results can be very trippy and I've turned average pot into something special by combining it with something else. It's a bit of a lucky dip though. Doesn't always turn out great.

I think blends are better than crosses. With crosses you lose something of each plant in the cross; with blends you don't.

Anyway sorry to hijack the thread but I think blends can be trippy.

baduy

Hell yeah my 50/50 mix of Zamaldelica/Malana cream is pure bliss, strong onset, anxiety is here but MC mellows things out and no crash down.

Latest posts

Latest posts