What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

Breadwizard

What of this Killer A5 Haze? I got 2 seeds coming. That is enough to try this shit. Very expensive!
I had my eye on those as well, cursing that I made my last order just too early to catch some Ace gems. Had I known I would have grabbed the following:

Killer A5 - mighty powerful sounding old school haze cross.
Purple satellite - would be great for outdoor in my area, I've been hunting oldschool Mexican genetics, and being able to add another line to my stockpile would be awesome.
Lebanon - I ended up grabbing the Syria from RSC because the Leb was sold out last order. Sounds like the Leb has been worked a bit more, and would require less hunting through.

OldCoolSativa

I've been dating a woman who doesn't smoke much weed. The other night she sampled some of my 20-week Colombian punto rojo x mangobiche, which has a really nice cerebral, euphoric, color-enhancing semi trippy soaring high that in my opinion can only be found in long-flowering cultivars. During sex she had an intense series of orgasms and she told me she saw colors at the periphery of her vision and when she closed her eyes she had full-on visions of intense colors arranged in a Georgia O'Keefe manner centered in her body. She said nothing remotely like that had happened to her before.

The next day she sent me this note with a couple articles on orgasm synesthesia:

sexy woman said:
This article actually says the visual images happen before the orgasm...that actually happened to me last night and I didn't know what was going to happen and I had to fight the urge to stop myself and pull out of the oncoming orgasm (haha) because I was not sure how it was going to end!

The articles I've read said 1.4 to 4% of women experience this but it's the first either of us have heard of it. I hypothesize that the fine Colombian we were smoking may have helped her get there. In the name of science I will run more experiments with and without primo herb and report back on my findings. :)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Fett's 303 before it got hacked to keep it small until it starts flowering:
picture.php

It's easy to see the S.E. Asian influence:
picture.php

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

We have had a week of really nice weather for the garden. It has been in the 80s, and with enough humidity to keep the nights fairly warm. The plants really look like they like it. The four plants I put in the ground in the garden area to grow big 1 week ago (2), and 2 weeks ago (2), look like they are past the transplant shock, and are starting to grow again. The final selections were:

Baglung Nepalese (1)
Zamaldelica (1)
Bangi Wicked x SAGE x Bangi Wicked (2)

I've noticed that Cannabis plants go through cycles of aromatic changes due to either plant hormonal changes or environmental/climatic conditions. A couple things jumped out at me today. I got a fantastic whiff from the Gypsy Thai Stick x Mullumbimby Madness x Neville's Haze 21. I don't even have to rub the stem on that one. It hit me while I was watering the plant next to it. After smelling that aroma, I did rub the stems on most of my plants. When I rubbed the stem on one of the Laos, I got hit with another really great aroma. That particular Laos was the one that had the super menthol and lemon aroma earlier. Now, that one, and the Gypsy cross were both putting out some really piney/peppery/fuel aromas. I could still smell the lemon menthol on the Laos, but the turpentine fuel and spicy aromas were dominant.

I'm so grateful to have been gifted both the Laos and the Gypsy cross. I think I found a real winner in that Gypsy cross. It stood out dramatically from the other Gypsy crosses by smelling like the Thai Sticks I remember growing up smoking. It also reminds me of the best weed I ever smoked in 50 years of smoking, a special Neville's Haze freak pheno I grew about 15 years ago.

Best Vibes,

ThaiBliss

picture.php

B

beanz

copy paste for you thaibliss , get some pics for you soon ....been busy

lately I,ve been noticing the GN thai x mm/nev .....now think I finely got a MM plant I can really see where some hype may have generated from ....god dam this thing stinks so much and has nice flowers too . super strong incense smell ....now I never had anything in the mm78 that really tooted my horn , some the crosses were very good .

but yeah , these plants smell brutal ....I,m guessing only 2 weeks to go also ...with 6 deg mornings frost is pumping on them also .

guessing the old bushmaster knowing his plants has played big role in there success .....maybe its the GN thai ....cause this is a different animal that what I,ve seen in the MM ranges I,ve grown .

I,d kinda given up on the MM bandwagon .....this strain has me very intrigued .

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hey Beanz,

Thanks for the update about your Gypsy cross plants. When I grew one of the Gypsy cross plants indoors, it went through a really incense phase. I wish I harvested then, but I let it get more ripe. I don't remember incense aroma in the Thai Sticks I smoked. I avoided those phenos this year, but I'm really curious how they work out for you.

All the best in the final weeks. Hope you have a great harvest. Looking forward to your pictures.

T.B.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
To Beanz's point, even though I chose a sour lemon and sweet pine pheno, the terpene intensity is very strong. I checked my plants just before work. I have been pinching them back to encourage the very bottom branches to grow as I want to keep them small until they start to flower. I picked off two meristems from the Gypsy cross this morning. I could smell the terpenes strongly on my fingers. I kept smelling them for the next couple of hours. Oh my, that smell is incredible. I thought only indica strains could smell this strong.
:dance013:
Best,

ThaiBliss

leet

To ThaiBliss and LostTribe :

I believe the plants that are frankincense/catpiss are hazeC inbreeded, at least that's what Nevil said. The direct cross of nl5 to hazeC wouldn't give as much frankincense as nl5hazeA x HzC or SSH ( NL5HZC1 x SKHZC).

The Mango Haze uses a different mom and dad ( nl5hzc122 x skhzA ). The Mango Haze is different to NH and SSH in that it doesn't gave us frankincense/catpiss plants, at least I didn't get much of these smells. Yes you get the usual acidic metallic, oil mechanics lubricant smells, but when you burn the joint and exhale , there is no church. Some of the plants remind me of some SSH plants structure-wise, the Mango Haze have more interesting tastes though, more fruity, but also lose a bit on the psychedelic Haze high aspect, not that they are not strong, just as not as psychedelic/hazey/trippy ?

I crossed all my Mango Haze to a NH male and we grew around a thousand seeds. Half of them carry some incense, the most sativa have a more pineapply-piney-sweet solvent. The more indica usually are either non frankincense/non catpiss or rarely fullon acidic lemon incense/catpiss. The plants that carry these terpenes are always super strong and trippy but they are a bit heavier than the more pure haze phenos that are clear pineapple/piney/sweet solvent.

The NH male does pass very similar genetics to the old NH female I kept for many years. I believe most of the frankincense/catpiss come from the male and not the females. In fact I am a bit suprised how much frankincense/fake acidic lemon/catpiss comes through using this male, considering I knew the females don't have these smells and I do know them from the NH female.They do share the same fake acidic lemon/frankincense/liver/catpiss smells with the old female and some plants look almost the old female, they smoke similar.

Shanti has a Mango x NH but I have never grown it.

I have never grown any of Kangas/Bushw/Nevs new stuff, but Nev said when he grew the last NH he selected a sister to my plant and he said mine was the best he has seen in a while, so I bet they are pretty similar ? I wouldnt be surprised if my NH was better than Nevs two new selections. He seemed very ecstatic with my plant, unfortunately, he never got to smoke it and hear some feedback. I don't think I would like haze diluted with MM ( something non frankincense ) but I have never tried it.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Thanks for your post Leet. That was a good writeup of the differences between Haze C and Haze A. I'm surprised to hear that Mullumbimby Madness doesn't have any of the incense aroma, since every single plant I have popped from the Gypsy cross has incense aroma, almost all of them very strongly. It seems to be recessive by your descriptions of Hz C and Hz A combinations. It would be very surprising for it to express itself with only 25% Neville's Haze. I just assumed it was coming from Mullum since I'd heard that Mullum looks like it has Colombian in it. I never noticed the incense in Thai, but I remember a particular Colombian, looked like Mangobiche, that I loved and had this balsa wood and incense taste to it. It was one of my favorite Colombian strains.

If anyone has grown pure Gypsy Thai, I'd love to hear if incense aromas were noted. What aromas did it have?

The more recent strains that gave me the most incense aroma were:

Western Winds

Gypsy Thai x Mullumbimby Madness x Neville's Haze

Purple Haze Thai x SAGE - This is the one that gave me spot on frankinsence aroma, just like Catholic church and funeral homes when I was a kid.

I didn't keep any of those incense plants. Each time I grew one of those, I already had something that got me higher. Not better tasting, that's for sure. I loved the aroma and flavor of the incense ones, and the highs were all really nice. Everyone loved them. I just could reach heights on my other strains that I couldn't reach on the incense plants. Others disagreed, but I grow for my tastes most of all. The Neville's Haze I grew and considered world class didn't have a trace of incense or even a Colombian type of high. It was Thai Stick all the way.

I wanted to write about a couple other plants. First, the Baglung Nepali. These plants weren't the most vigorous seedlings, but they are really showing their stuff lately. Now that they are in the ground and summer is here with a vengence, forecast is over 100 degrees the next couple of days, the Nepalese are shooting towards the sky and finally getting branches. I was worried they were just going to be hemp with almost no branching. The aroma is strong perfume/floral. They remind me a lot of the Bangi Haze that I considered to be the best quality high. I found stronger ones and weaker ones with other aromas, but the floral ones had the best high, IMHO.

The most vigorous plants as seedling and now continue to be are the Laos. They are also super pungent. The sharp lemon and menthol smell dominates and continue to just scream old school Hawaiian to me. I'm sure the Hawaiian plants were originally from Laos, among other locations, but it is the lemon menthol ones that were the most distinctive as Hawaiian. I love them.

ThaiBliss

Sticky Sat

Hi TB, and thanks a lot for the kind words regarding the post on RUST... :)

Many thanks also to all of you guys contributing to the search for trip weed, always a pleasure to read you and see your beauties... :)

Another O (agent orange x Congo) bud pic, just for the colors... :)
attachment.php

Cheers all :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG 20170131 230350
    IMG 20170131 230350
    39.6 KB · Views: 51

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi brother I'm so proud of this weeed and I'm tripping does it qualify?

View Image View Image View Image

Tang,

Heavens where are my manners? Apologies TB. That being out of the way.

I have run 2 Zamadelica regs the first was much better than the second. The second seemed to lack most of what I enjoyed about the first one I ran. Taste was better and the high was so potent I can't drive on it. Still have about 2 joints worth. Very earthy. Different leaf pattern than the second.

Second Zamadelica had a bad taste and not an enjoyable smell. Also high was different. May have been due to me testing it in an aero setup I tossed after the run. Rez temps were always an issue and they suffered.

I made some f2's on the first, so would you guys choose to pop those or run more of the F1 regs?

Tangwena

Veteran
Tang,

I love your cobs I want to make some with some Zamadelica but the stuff I have has a 12 month cure and is probably dropped below 55%RH. Will it still cob up the same?

How much do you eat? Just raw right?
Hi brother this is Thai Blisses thread so best ask those questions on my cob thread my friend.
This one is about breading and selection not cobbing happy to answer but in the right place yes?

Latest posts

Latest posts